Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, August 6th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 6 2013, 09:02 AM (15,303 Views)
Ej Fan
Member Avatar

I'd personally like to forget Dicole ever happened. :x

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

am103
Aug 6 2013, 12:04 PM
Are the pages of Eric's bible pink, or am I just imagining things? The men of St. Luke's are crazy about all things pink, lol.
More like red. Very common.

Sweet and Salty

Matt
Aug 6 2013, 12:23 PM
Wait. Is Johnny just out for a walk on his own? mmkay
As a mom, I totally teared up at that scene, Johnny calling Sami. I think she hit that scene out of the ballpark.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I'm still watching, but I can't stop snickering over the idea of Jen winning any sort of award for her job. In the past week she's forgotten about work and 1) gone home, 2) gotten coffee, 3) made up with Daniel, 4) broken up with Daniel, 5) had nauseating sex with Daniel, and then booked on over to the hospital to yell at Theresa for not working.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Aug 6 2013, 09:43 PM
am103
Aug 6 2013, 12:00 PM
Just say NO to Dannifer!
:( Dannifer just isn't cutting the mustard.What
can be done to spice Dannier up?I mean their
must be some help for them.
There is. Have a story where Daniel dies tragically and Jack mysteriously comes back from the dead and takes his place. I could even take Jen with someone else if I had to. Just not Daniel. I just can't.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

jodi783
Aug 6 2013, 08:16 PM
Southofsoap
Aug 6 2013, 12:15 PM
I know it's a bad episode when I can't decide which is worse - Dannifer or Sami
SAMI
:shrug: Sami cant seem to get out of
this jam,so her Karmic payback
continues.

marie1969

AS is doing a fantastic job with this story. I am riding the emotional roller coaster right along with her. She had me tearing up with the johnny scenes. Heartbreaking. As a mom, I can totally to feel what she is going through and my heart is breaking right along with her.

I love the way they are writing Ejami, so in love and committed to each other. As if I needed any more reason to love Ej, the way he is fighting for his samantha, being there for her and being her rock throughout all this is a thing of beauty. I love the angst, though I am more than ready for Ej to stop playing by the rules and start doing things the Dimera way.

LOL at Kristen throwing Nicole under the bus. Very smooth. Oops. Nicole has been in Kristen's face, so she had it coming. I felt bad for Eric though because he really wants to see the good in Nicole. It is obviously difficult for him to handle the real Nicole instead of the fantasy he has created in his mind. I still like Ericole, but after Nicole jumped from Vargas' bed to Brady's in a matter of weeks, it is hard for me to root for Eric to give up his collar for someone so promiscuous. Ericole has great potential, but I am afraid Nicole will end up hurting him in the long run. We will see, maybe she will surprise me.

Kristen looks stunning. She is crazy out of her mind, but I still love her. I am not really feeling Bristen though. They seemed more in love the first round. This time around, something seems off. Maybe it is knowing it is a disaster waiting to happen LOL.

I did not mind dannifer. Then I am pretty neutral about them. I don't care for Daniel, but I like Jen just fine. I thought the love scene was OK. I wish they would stop the OTT pimping, but hey, I am happy for their fans.

Like many others, I am more convinced than ever that she is in on the whole thing. Every time she opens her mouth, I want to smack her. I supposed I am supposed to feel that way. I can not wait for the truth to come out and for Marge to be taken down a notch or two while her world as she knows comes crashing down. She can take her BFF Adrienne with her.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

marie1969
Aug 6 2013, 11:46 PM
AS is doing a fantastic job with this story. I am riding the emotional roller coaster right along with her. She had me tearing up with the johnny scenes. Heartbreaking. As a mom, I can totally to feel what she is going through and my heart is breaking right along with her.

I love the way they are writing Ejami, so in love and committed to each other. As if I needed any more reason to love Ej, the way he is fighting for his samantha, being there for her and being her rock throughout all this is a thing of beauty. I love the angst, though I am more than ready for Ej to stop playing by the rules and start doing things the Dimera way.

LOL at Kristen throwing Nicole under the bus. Very smooth. Oops. Nicole has been in Kristen's face, so she had it coming. I felt bad for Eric though because he really wants to see the good in Nicole. It is obviously difficult for him to handle the real Nicole instead of the fantasy he has created in his mind. I still like Ericole, but after Nicole jumped from Vargas' bed to Brady's in a matter of weeks, it is hard for me to root for Eric to give up his collar for someone so promiscuous. Ericole has great potential, but I am afraid Nicole will end up hurting him in the long run. We will see, maybe she will surprise me.

Kristen looks stunning. She is crazy out of her mind, but I still love her. I am not really feeling Bristen though. They seemed more in love the first round. This time around, something seems off. Maybe it is knowing it is a disaster waiting to happen LOL.

I did not mind dannifer. Then I am pretty neutral about them. I don't care for Daniel, but I like Jen just fine. I thought the love scene was OK. I wish they would stop the OTT pimping, but hey, I am happy for their fans.

Like many others, I am more convinced than ever that she is in on the whole thing. Every time she opens her mouth, I want to smack her. I supposed I am supposed to feel that way. I can not wait for the truth to come out and for Marge to be taken down a notch or two while her world as she knows comes crashing down. She can take her BFF Adrienne with her.
AS is doing a really good job with this jail s/l.
:flipoff: EJ will be back to doing dasterdly deeds in
no time.EJ is so good when he is bad.

concerned
Member Avatar

marie1969
Aug 6 2013, 11:46 PM

As a mom .... not so much feeling it.

Re Nicole's bed hopping... April 23 - August 7 lets call it 16 weeks or a matter of months or more than a season rather than a matter of weeks just to be slightly more accurate.

If Nicole has been jumping the whole time that does explain why she looks as good as she does. Nice exercise program.

And I would love it, absolutely love it if Nicole was the one who hurt Eric. It's been a long time since she wasn't the injured party.

Oh and Marge, really are we so desperate for Sami to be the innocent victim we're prepared to have a recently widowed single mum in cahoots with Stefano. Obviously those Salem PTA meetings she attended with Adrienne were just a front for Woman against Samantha proudly sponsored and subsidised by Stefano Dimera. :drunk:

scifi7
Member Avatar

I am sure Nicole would find a way to act the victim even if she is the one who hurts Eric, eternal fucking victim is her MO after all :rolleyes:

Yeah, I do not think Marge has anything to do with Stefano, no need for that anyways, but boy is she irritating as fuck and I cannot wait for her to have egg on her face when all is said and done.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Aug 6 2013, 07:17 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2013, 06:48 PM
blueskies
Aug 6 2013, 06:39 PM
Poor Nick, JJ's just trashing him to Theresa.
JJ's jealous that Theresa is interested in a guy that's actually about her age, and not some high school bumpkin.
Yeah, poor JJ is jealous. Although, I was glad he didn't get all sulky but rather pissed.

I'm still team Nick/Gabi all the way, but Nick might actually have some things to teach Jeannie Theresa about atoning for bad deeds and moving forward with one's life. They are about the same age, and they have some things in common.

And we better get a line about Shane and Kim having cut off Jeannie Theresa's trust fund. Like Sonny, she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.
Thank you for mentioning this. TPTB really do need to explain why Jeannie Theresa is so hot to chase after any guy she thinks has money. Shane and Kim should both have plenty of money. When Shane supposedly died in 1989, his estate was worth $5 million, and given how stock markets have grown since then, his wealth probably only grew since then. Plus, Kim was married to Phillip Collier, who supposedly had made millions from his films, and almost certainly would have received a pretty significant amount in her divorce. The only reason Jeannie Theresa would be hurting for money is if she has been cut off, so it would be nice to find out some more about what is going on. She also mentioned having legal issues that she would have to face if she returned to Los Angeles. That didn't make a lot of sense to me. I can't see her family sending her to Salem to avoid being charged with a crime, so I wonder what exactly she is running from.

I would really like to see JT and JJ bond, but more in the way of an older sister/younger brother relationship. Both characters could use someone as a sounding board and I think they probably can relate to one another in a lot of ways. I suspect JT was also the younger sibling to the seemingly perfect older child and she probably can relate to JJ's feelings of alienation from Jennifer. She also might be able to relate to JJ losing Jack, since she probably thought Shane was dead when he disappeared a few years ago. That would be a nice way to help give JT a little more dimension.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 7 2013, 12:40 AM
I am sure Nicole would find a way to act the victim even if she is the one who hurts Eric, eternal fucking victim is her MO after all :rolleyes:

Yeah, I do not think Marge has anything to do with Stefano, no need for that anyways, but boy is she irritating as fuck and I cannot wait for her to have egg on her face when all is said and done.
How could Marge have anything to do
with Stefeno.She didn't know her husband
was a crocked cop.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

Fantastic66
Aug 7 2013, 01:27 AM
scifi7
Aug 7 2013, 12:40 AM

How could Marge have anything to do
with Stefeno.She didn't know her husband
was a crocked cop.
do we really know if she knew he was a crooked cop or not? maybe she just played it that way.

LuLu2102

Wait, how did Jen and Dan get back together? Last I saw, after the reunion in the park/lake, she backed off when JJ reacted badly, and Dan told her he was done and didn't want to talk to her. What happened this time?
Edited by LuLu2102, Aug 7 2013, 06:21 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
Aug 7 2013, 06:20 AM
Wait, how did Jen and Dan get back together? Last I saw, after the reunion in the park/lake, she backed off when JJ reacted badly, and Dan told her he was done and didn't want to talk to her. What happened this time?
Yes, they (nauseatingly) got back together. They are going to date in secret so Jenny can have her cake and eat it too JJ won't get hurt. Of course, Daniel is supposed to be pissed about it so they may break up again today for the 12546654th time.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Aug 7 2013, 06:55 AM.

six
Member Avatar

Aimikins
Aug 6 2013, 06:35 PM
gailwinters
Aug 6 2013, 05:35 PM
Brewster
Aug 6 2013, 05:24 PM
tomsawyer
Aug 6 2013, 05:13 PM
I actually thought AS was good in her call with Johnny today. I mean, yeah it was a red-faced, scrunchy-faced cry so she didn't look pretty, but I thought she conveyed the emotion of the scene well.
I haven't watched this scene in particular yet, but I do think that there are many times when AS's emotion seems real because her cry face is scrunchy and ugly. I mean, so is mine. It's awful.
I agree. I hear tales about people who can cry pretty, but I have never known anybody who could. When I really cry, it's ugly.

I thought Ali's show of emotion was well done. I also loved Sami's line about being a pro at weddings and EJ's little side eye at that.

Marlena, Hope, Nicole - they cry pretty :shrug:
But they aren't people.
Edited by six, Aug 7 2013, 07:31 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
So, how they got back together went like this,

1.) Jen says no
2.) Everyone in Salem & their entire family tells Dan and Jen they should be together
3.) Jen races over to the Kiriakis mansion where Daniel just so happens to be & kisses him as soon as he opened the door
4.) What you saw 8-6-13.

That's really it.

Brewster
Member Avatar

It would be an interesting twist for Marge to be in on it and working with Stefano. But I don't think that should be used to excuse her OTT bad acting choices. In my opinion, whether she is in cahoots or not, she should play the beats of grief as though she is not...thus making it all the more of a twist when/if it is revealed she is working for Stefano.

Personally, I just think she is a bad actor. Not that the inside job theory doesn't hold weight. I just think it could be that she is a bad actor playing the role of someone working for Stefano who knew her husband was a dirty cop. Or she could have no idea and this is just how this actor chooses to play the character of a recently widowed mom....

Either way, I just think Marge is awful.
Edited by Brewster, Aug 7 2013, 07:42 AM.

LuLu2102

blueskies
Aug 7 2013, 07:32 AM
LuLu2102

1.) Jen says no
2.) Everyone in Salem & their entire family tells Dan and Jen they should be together
3.) Jen races over to the Kiriakis mansion where Daniel just so happens to be & kisses him as soon as he opened the door
4.) What you saw 8-6-13.

That's really it.
Are you kidding me? I don't know why it even surprises me anymore, but I just do not get the writing for this couple. How is the audience supposed to yearn for them to be together when they break up and get back together literally every other day? And none of it is a result of any particular, concrete event. They just decide they miss each other or can't resist each other, and get back together. It's so weird.

trojangal
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
Aug 7 2013, 07:49 AM
blueskies
Aug 7 2013, 07:32 AM
LuLu2102

1.) Jen says no
4.) What you saw 8-6-13.

That's really it.
Are you kidding me? I don't know why it even surprises me anymore, but I just do not get the writing for this couple. How is the audience supposed to yearn for them to be together when they break up and get back together literally every other day? And none of it is a result of any particular, concrete event. They just decide they miss each other or can't resist each other, and get back together. It's so weird.
Dannifer break up & make up so often it is hard to keep up
& it makes their relationship one big joke :blulaugh:

Edited by trojangal, Aug 7 2013, 08:02 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply