Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, August 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 7 2013, 08:02 AM (9,255 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Classic
Aug 7 2013, 03:27 PM
KweenBoda: Jennifer and Maggie don't need to go. The real problem is Dr. Sleaze. For some reason the guy has most of the women of Salem hypnotized. :hypnotize:
When he's finally gone--the women will be themselves again, lives can get back to normal.
we should find out Dan's actually a pawn of Peter's and this whole time he was just working his way to breaking up Jen & Jack, and right now Peter has Jack locked up somewhere.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

I do not know but personally I feel that the show makes a mistake in giving Dannifer so much airtime. Daniel is a pretty boring character, Jennifer was very popular back in the day, but today not so much she can be entertaining in between, but the writing does not make the character any favors. Theresa is a character that is entertaining and I like this new girl.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KAM

tomsawyer
Aug 7 2013, 02:24 PM
KAM
Aug 7 2013, 01:16 PM
tomsawyer
Aug 7 2013, 01:00 PM
I mean, I appreciate they are at least making an attempt to explain Brady's stupidity in getting back together with Kristen, but what the fuck is "addicted to love" supposed to mean? It plays on Brady's history of drug addiction, but if they're going with the addict rationale to explain his behavior then they need to better show why Brady has addictive tendencies. As it is now, the "addicted to love" excuse just seems cheap and superficial.
It's too Robert Palmer for me. RIP

When Maggie says it, I have this weird vision of Eric singing "you might as well face it, you're addicted to love." Nicole, Chloe, Arianna, Madison, and Kristen are prancing around with slicked back hair, blood red lips, and wearing LBDs. Would make a good Brady nightmare. -_-
Reilly would've been ALL over that.
SO true!

JER would've really been into the Kristen/Eric stuff, too. The set up for those hotel sex scenes reminded me of the Days of Reilly. But for the sake of Ericole, I'm really glad he's not the one doing their story.

thepadange

Panda Panda
Aug 7 2013, 02:17 PM
Bristen the redux is irritating me more than their first get together. I think it's because they're being written the same way post-break up as they were pre-break up with the added exception of Brady saying to everyone, "My eyes are wide open now. If she's playing me I'll know"

but

the dialogue exchange between those two is so stupid, Kristen brought up Marlena and how she would bad mouth her to Eric and then Brady tried said something like "Don't worry. Eric will see you as the kind, generous person I see you as"

I know Brady's supposed to still be in love with Kristen but does he not remember that he just got his heart stomped on a few months ago? Singing her praises and how everyone will eventually come to understand their relationship is just beyond idiotic.
I was actually thinking they are trying to write Bristen 2.0 kinda in contrast to Bristen 1.0 . At the beginning of Bristen 1.0 it was sex, sex and sex, now it's supposed to be "slow". OK with that. What bothers me is that even now as we have "slow" there is still no depth in their dialogues. And as you said - all those contradictory statements "you aren't telling me ....", "I trust you", "if she is playing me", "she changed" :shrug: ... What is this supposed to mean, writers?
I still love Bristen but the writing for them seems so unbalanced. I'm beginning to think their bedroom scenes were more convincing.

Sparrow

Mitchapalooza
Aug 7 2013, 12:22 PM
blueskies
Aug 7 2013, 12:15 PM
NYBlueDevil
Aug 7 2013, 12:14 PM
Kristen asked if Brady has a PHD and i lol'd
PHD in this case means something else, yes? (Obviously she can't seriously mean a doctorate, it's Brady.) Although she should already know...
Maybe its a new abbreviated STD? Now THAT i could believe!
Papa's Half Dimera?

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Aug 7 2013, 03:59 PM
Panda Panda
Bristen the redux is irritating me more than their first get together. I think it's because they're being written the same way post-break up as they were pre-break up with the added exception of Brady saying to everyone, "My eyes are wide open now. If she's playing me I'll know"

but

the dialogue exchange between those two is so stupid, Kristen brought up Marlena and how she would bad mouth her to Eric and then Brady tried said something like "Don't worry. Eric will see you as the kind, generous person I see you as"

I know Brady's supposed to still be in love with Kristen but does he not remember that he just got his heart stomped on a few months ago? Singing her praises and how everyone will eventually come to understand their relationship is just beyond idiotic.
I was actually thinking they are trying to write Bristen 2.0 kinda in contrast to Bristen 1.0 . At the beginning of Bristen 1.0 it was sex, sex and sex, now it's supposed to be "slow". OK with that. What bothers me is that even now as we have "slow" there is still no depth in their dialogues. And as you said - all those contradictory statements "you aren't telling me ....", "I trust you", "if she is playing me", "she changed" :shrug: ... What is this supposed to mean, writers?
I still love Bristen but the writing for them seems so unbalanced. I'm beginning to think their bedroom scenes were more convincing.
:lol:

I hate to say it but I agree so far. We'll see, I'm hoping it starts to make more sense in the next couple days. We haven't seen a whole lot of them back together yet. Even if they continue down this path though, they're still my favorite current couple on the show (with Ericole in 2nd). Granted there aren't a whole lot of couples not named Dannifer or Ejami at the moment...

Romancer66

LanaluvsBroe
Aug 7 2013, 01:47 PM
jb1183
Aug 7 2013, 01:36 PM
Daniel is such a fucking bully when he doesn't get his way. A real Price Charming. :rolleyes: I just can't even deal with this piece of shit character anymore!
He is a self-centered, sanctimonious sack of shit. And if Jennifer had any respect for herself, her son or her brother she would have NEVER gotten into a relationship with the man who broke up her brother's marriage only a few months weeks days after her husband died. And she sure as hell never would have left her son to mourn alone while she chased said sack of shit male. And then had the nerve to be upset when her son refused to accept her new relationship. The old, real Jennifer would have never looked twice at that douche. But this pod-Jennifer does not give a damn about anyone including her hypocritical self. Which is why I don't give a damn about her tears.

And Maggie can go pound sand. Julie is the real matriarch of this show as far as I'm concerned.
Self-righteous isn't a good look on anyone, and it's especially repulsive on an entitled, amoral, hypocritical sleaze like Daniel. Combined with his rumpled clothes, uncombed hair, unshaven jaw, and overall slovenliness that makes him look like he'd smell worse than a Skid Row bum, it's a turn-off of epic proportions. I'm sure TIIC want us to sympathize with Daniel, being treated like Jen-Jen's cheap bit of rough on the side (probably so we won't condemn him when he dumps her ass and moves on to his next conquest), but his egotism makes it impossible. I'll admit to not sympathizing with Jennifer either. Dr. Douchebag's comparison is overblown--JJ is Jennifer's son, not Daniel's romantic rival, like Lucas was for Chloe--but not inaccurate in that lying and sneaking around is still lying and sneaking around, regardless of whom you're trying to deceive. And what a crap way to deal with her troubled son. Yeah, it's not going to hurt JJ to find out his mom is lying to his face and sneaking around behind his back with the scumbag she's trying to shove into his father's place. The same mom who chews him out for his misdeeds and insists that he walk the straight and narrow, even though she can't be bothered to stick around and see that he actually does. Great example you're setting, Bitchifer. :rolleyes:

Honestly, this couple may be the single biggest thing that's wrong with the show right now, which is saying something because I think it's been steadily losing steam for more than a month. They're dead weight, and trying to make them work when they continue to fail again and again is as pointless as trying to make water flow uphill. End them.
Edited by Romancer66, Aug 7 2013, 06:08 PM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Aug 7 2013, 02:24 PM
LovingDays
Aug 7 2013, 12:52 PM
cryyyyyyy Jen cryyy no one cares
Jenibitch's tears GIVE ME LIFE!
The bitch can cry me a river for all I care. There's no redeeming her as long as she's tied to the douche-bag doctor. Same goes for Maggie. Treating JJ like he's not family all because he dares to dislike her precious son. Mickey and Alice must be rolling in their graves.
Edited by LanaluvsBroe, Aug 7 2013, 05:11 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Sable Colby
Aug 7 2013, 03:28 PM
Mirage75
Aug 7 2013, 03:25 PM
There are way too many idiotic characters on this show that can't seem to use their brains on things lol.
That pretty much sums up today for me.
Your avi is just MONEY...Deidre Hall rocks!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Aug 7 2013, 12:45 PM
Honeybees
Aug 7 2013, 12:41 PM
Oh my god, Daniel is the worst, most self-righteous prick ever. To compare his adultery with Chloe to Jennifer's desire for discretion is out of control horrible.
And Jennifer should have been reminded of what this dolt did to her brother!
It made sense that Jennifer disliked Chloe but really stupid to have Jennifer "in love" with the guy who broke up her brother's marriage by commiting adultery with his wife.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Forgive me if I've misinterpreted today's Fetch scenes, I did a hell of a lot of FFing, but did Daniel seriously throw a shit fit over Jen not shouting to the world that they are back together and dump her once again just a few hours after their latest boink?? Good freaking lord, how in the world do any of the morons writing this shit think this is good or even interesting?! I don't get how anyone could support this farce of a couple. I've seen rumors that they have supporters and I don't get how anyone could be on the Fetch bandwagon after all this utter nonsense. :drunk: Fetch's entire relationship is - bitching, whining, booty calls, dumping each other. They are the absolute worst thing I've ever seen on Days.

Oh, and Maggie is a nasty bitch who needs to be killed via empty booze bottle again. This time for good. If a serial killer shows up in Salem soon, Maggie is now at the top of my kill list, along with Dannibore.
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Aug 7 2013, 09:48 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Daniel and Jennifer :blah: :blah:

blueskies
Member Avatar

why doesn't the DiMansion have a separate entrance for "workers". It would really be handy & worth the investment.

blueskies
Member Avatar

seriously it needs repeating, Bev <> Theresa. They could be the same person.

blueskies
Member Avatar

too bad Brady's news didn't kill Maggie.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Panda Panda

but

Brady is being written as a moron,a"fidiot" but I must admit I am looking forward to seeing how the "crash and burn"unfolds.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Maxine's upset that Jennifer won't share Daniel. Honestly Maxine, I used to love you, now I don't even recognize you anymore.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 7 2013, 05:38 PM
Forgive me if I've misinterpreted today's Fetch scenes, I did a hell of a lot of FFing, but did Daniel seriously throw a shit fit over Jen not shouting to the world that they are back together and dump her once again just a few hours after their latest boink?? Good freaking lord, how in world do any of the morons writing this shit think this is good or even interesting?! I don't get how anyone could support this farce of a couple. I've seen rumors that they have supporters and I don't get how anyone could be on the Fetch bandwagon after all this utter nonsense. :drunk: Fetch's entire relationship is - bitching, whining, booty calls, dumping each other. They are the absolute worst thing I've ever seen on Days.

Oh, and Maggie is a nasty bitch who needs to be killed via empty booze bottle again. This time for good. If a serial killer shows up in Salem soon, Maggie is now at the top of my kill list, along with Dannibore.
You know the jackass has an ego the size of Texas. So of course he would be offended that Jennifer's not standing in the middle of Horton Town Square with a bullhorn and announcing to all of Salem that she just boinked his orange dick. :flipoff:

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Romancer66
Aug 7 2013, 05:01 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Aug 7 2013, 01:47 PM
jb1183
Aug 7 2013, 01:36 PM
Daniel is such a fucking bully when he doesn't get his way. A real Price Charming. :rolleyes: I just can't even deal with this piece of shit character anymore!
He is a self-centered, sanctimonious sack of shit. And if Jennifer had any respect for herself, her son or her brother she would have NEVER gotten into a relationship with the man who broke up her brother's marriage only a few months weeks days after her husband died. And she sure as hell never would have left her son to mourn alone while she chased said sack of shit male. And then had the nerve to be upset when her son refused to accept her new relationship. The old, real Jennifer would have never looked twice at that douche. But this pod-Jennifer does not give a damn about anyone including her hypocritical self. Which is why I don't give a damn about her tears.

And Maggie can go pound sand. Julie is the real matriarch of this show as far as I'm concerned.
Self-righteous isn't a good look on anyone, and it's especially repulsive on an entitled, amoral, hypocritical sleaze like Daniel. Combined with his rumpled clothes, uncombed hair, unshaven jaw, and overall slovenliness that makes him look like he'd smell worse than a Skid Row bum, it's a turn-off of epic proportions. I'm sure TIIC want us to sympathize with Daniel, being treated like Jen-Jen's cheap bit of rough on the side (probably so we won't condemn him when he dumps her ass and moves on to his next conquest), but his egotism makes it impossible. I'll admit to not sympathizing with Jennifer either. Dr. Douchebag's comparison is overblown--JJ is Jennifer's son, not Daniel's romantic rival, like Lucas was for Chloe--but not inaccurate in that lying and sneaking around is still lying and sneaking around, regardless of whom you're trying to deceive. And what a crap way to deal with her troubled son. Yeah, it's not going to hurt JJ to find out his mom is lying to his face and sneaking around behind his back with the scumbag she's trying to shove into his father's place. The same mom who chews him out for his misdeeds and insists that he walk the straight and narrow, even though she can't be bothered to stick around and see that he actually does. Great example you're setting, Bitchifer. :rolleyes:

Honestly, this couple may be the single biggest thing that's wrong with the show right now, which is saying something because I think it's been steadily losing steam for more than a month. They're dead weight, and trying to make them work when they continue to fail again and again is as pointless as trying to make water flow uphill. End them.
I could probably tolerate Daniel/Jennifer if the writing wasn't so god-awful and insanely full of propping. I'd just sort of tune out in their scenes, and enjoy the angst they cause JJ. But since every single character in Salem outside of JJ, Lucas and Anne must continuously prop the pairing, singing their praising and telling me that Daniel's greasy, awful dick is the best thing that every happened to Jennifer and Salem, I will never like them.

The writers know how disliked they are by a large segment. That's why we have Anne. That's why we have all the propping.

Honestly, at least they cute EJ/Taylor loose. This may be far worse and do more damage to the show because of the propping.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

PatNS
Aug 7 2013, 02:39 PM
Brady's stupidity where Kristen is concerned apparently knows no bounds. The man is beyond delusional!

Eric ... ask yourself why you are so upset with Nicole's answers to your questions ... and please answer yourself honestly. Don't be another Brady!

JJ and his arrogance really irks me. I'm beginning to think that Jen and Brady should hook up ... Brady is being colossally snowed by his girlfriend and JJ is doing the same thing to Jen.

I actually sided with Dan today against Jen - he makes very valid points but Jen is too 'Brady-like' to see them at this moment.

I actually enjoyed the Maggie / Will scenes today.

And Theresa was a brat to her grandmother today - I'm glad they had her apologise.
I now dislike Jennifer more than Daniel.Daniel was keeping his distance from Jennifer he told one of their many "propers"(so many I cannot remember who since I zone out whenever the conversation turns to Fetch) that he had to respect her decision to take a break in the relationship.It was Jennifer who left her job (again) and went into stalker mode tracking Daniel down at the mansion then grabbing and kissing him.I think Daniel was justified in thinking she changed her mind about the time out.If she had told him at the mansion,she wanted to sneak around about JJ's back,I think Daniel as currently written would have told her no.Jennifer wants to have her cake and eat it too.I taking bets as to how much time passes before she is tracking him down again on some pretext and sending him those longing glances while talking about something stupid.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply