Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, August 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 7 2013, 08:02 AM (9,324 Views)
bomber
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 7 2013, 06:23 PM
PatNS
Aug 7 2013, 02:39 PM
Brady's stupidity where Kristen is concerned apparently knows no bounds. The man is beyond delusional!

Eric ... ask yourself why you are so upset with Nicole's answers to your questions ... and please answer yourself honestly. Don't be another Brady!

JJ and his arrogance really irks me. I'm beginning to think that Jen and Brady should hook up ... Brady is being colossally snowed by his girlfriend and JJ is doing the same thing to Jen.

I actually sided with Dan today against Jen - he makes very valid points but Jen is too 'Brady-like' to see them at this moment.

I actually enjoyed the Maggie / Will scenes today.

And Theresa was a brat to her grandmother today - I'm glad they had her apologise.
I now dislike Jennifer more than Daniel.Daniel was keeping his distance from Jennifer he told one of their many "propers"(so many I cannot remember who since I zone out whenever the conversation turns to Fetch) that he had to respect her decision to take a break in the relationship.It was Jennifer who left her job (again) and went into stalker mode tracking Daniel down at the mansion then grabbing and kissing him.I think Daniel was justified in thinking she changed her mind about the time out.If she had told him at the mansion,she wanted to sneak around about JJ's back,I think Daniel as currently written would have told her no.Jennifer wants to have her cake and eat it too.I taking bets as to how much time passes before she is tracking him down again on some pretext and sending him those longing glances while talking about something stupid.
What's even more scary is that Ken Corday says this Jennifer is one of the "strong" women of Salem. I'd hate to think of his definition of weak. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Dan was a TOTAL ass today. Seriously, his top priority is his dick and nothing else.

ETA: At this rate, he's at the same maturity level as JJ.
Edited by Pookie, Aug 7 2013, 07:53 PM.

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

I should not have wasted my time watching today, but my random impressions...

Daniel: Someone build this orange man-child a bridge so he can GET OVER HIMSELF. What did he expect Jennifer to do? Choose him over the well-being of her child? GTFO, Taniel! :flipoff:

Eric & Nicole: Oh, great. Now, we can endure 12 more months of Eric being oblivious and Nicole silently sobbing into her pillow at night over her unrequited love. Woooo. Consider me captivated. :sleep2:

Maggie: You suck. Check yourself. :whip:

Brady: GROW A BRAIN, ALREADY. :facepalm: You're a complete embarrassment at this point.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

My Ericole loving heart WEPT today! The heartbreaking look on Eric's face was almost too much for me, but it's clear he has real feelings for Nicole! Ericole lives! :cart:

I love Theresa so much. Damn, she rocks. Her scenes with Caroline were lovely.

Jen looked nice today; I wasn't interested in the rest.

As someone who have relatives who are nurses and hung out with a lot of nurses when I volunteered in nursing homes, I get Maxine's investment in Dannifer's relationship. She loves the gossip (everyone in hospitals do) and is friends with both of them. For that, my love for her does not wane. I wish I saw less of it, though. Dannifer is not worth it.

LuLu2102

Sevprince
Aug 7 2013, 02:07 PM
So, what was the point of that Will scene. Not much bonding took place between him and JJ, and do we really need to see him moping and talking about how he is holding Sonny back for the umpteenth time. At the very least, they should have just cut Maggie out and have him talk to JJ about his moping. It would have been interesting to see what advice JJ would give if any.

I would like to see Sonny doing his coffee/club remodel with Chad and Brent and hanging out then hearing Will talk about it.
The purpose of the Will/JJ scene was for JJ to mention the Jen/ Dan break-up so that Will could tell JJ and the audience that Dan is "a really great guy".

six
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Aug 7 2013, 08:05 PM
My Ericole loving heart WEPT today! The heartbreaking look on Eric's face was almost too much for me, but it's clear he has real feelings for Nicole! Ericole lives! :cart:

As someone who have relatives who are nurses and hung out with a lot of nurses when I volunteered in nursing homes, I get Maxine's investment in Dannifer's relationship. She loves the gossip (everyone in hospitals do) and is friends with both of them. For that, my love for her does not wane. I wish I saw less of it, though. Dannifer is not worth it.
I love Maxine already, but I'd love her a lot more if she'd just straight up gossip about dannifer instead of playing matchmaker all the time. Nobody in Salem thinks it's ridiculous that dannifer break up and make up as often as most people change clothes?

Pookie
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
Aug 7 2013, 08:25 PM
Sevprince
So, what was the point of that Will scene. Not much bonding took place between him and JJ, and do we really need to see him moping and talking about how he is holding Sonny back for the umpteenth time. At the very least, they should have just cut Maggie out and have him talk to JJ about his moping. It would have been interesting to see what advice JJ would give if any.

I would like to see Sonny doing his coffee/club remodel with Chad and Brent and hanging out then hearing Will talk about it.
The purpose of the Will/JJ scene was for JJ to mention the Jen/ Dan break-up so that Will could tell JJ and the audience that Dan is "a really great guy".
I'll give Will a pass though since Dan did save his life.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kristen is now acting the same way with Brady as she acted with John back in the 90's when she had the pillow baby. Brady wants to make out and she refuses, acting like she's hiding something. She's so predictable.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Aug 7 2013, 02:31 PM
Rosebud
Aug 7 2013, 02:12 PM
This show is making a classic soap mistake by bringing on Thereanie and shoving her down the audience's throats. She's everywhere and quickly becoming another Sami.
She is such a breath of fresh air among the other "airtime leaders" for the month IMO.

More JT...especially if she is going to snark on annoying c.unt characters like Daniel and Jennifer.
In small quantities I wouldn't mind her at all, but she seems to be on all the time.

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

six
Aug 7 2013, 08:43 PM
JamaicanBeauty7

I love Maxine already, but I'd love her a lot more if she'd just straight up gossip about dannifer instead of playing matchmaker all the time. Nobody in Salem thinks it's ridiculous that dannifer break up and make up as often as most people change clothes?
Didn't Maxine love Melanie too? Clearly she has a horrible taste in people.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 7 2013, 03:30 PM
Classic
Aug 7 2013, 03:27 PM
KweenBoda: Jennifer and Maggie don't need to go. The real problem is Dr. Sleaze. For some reason the guy has most of the women of Salem hypnotized. :hypnotize:
When he's finally gone--the women will be themselves again, lives can get back to normal.
we should find out Dan's actually a pawn of Peter's and this whole time he was just working his way to breaking up Jen & Jack, and right now Peter has Jack locked up somewhere.
Oh yea! Or maybe he IS Peter, and he rips off his mask while he's screwing Jennifer. She then has a stroke :blulaugh: At this point I just want Jennifer to suffer (Maggie too!)

concerned
Member Avatar

JDeveraux_91
Aug 7 2013, 05:38 PM
Forgive me if I've misinterpreted today's Fetch scenes, I did a hell of a lot of FFing, but did Daniel seriously throw a shit fit over Jen not shouting to the world that they are back together and dump her once again just a few hours after their latest boink?? Good freaking lord, how in world do any of the morons writing this shit think this is good or even interesting?! I don't get how anyone could support this farce of a couple. I've seen rumors that they have supporters and I don't get how anyone could be on the Fetch bandwagon after all this utter nonsense. :drunk: Fetch's entire relationship is - bitching, whining, booty calls, dumping each other. They are the absolute worst thing I've ever seen on Days.

Oh, and Maggie is a nasty bitch who needs to be killed via empty booze bottle again. This time for good. If a serial killer shows up in Salem soon, Maggie is now at the top of my kill list, along with Dannibore.
I think I've had this one explained to me before.

It doesn't matter if you can't stand the couple in question the only important thing is that we are talking about them and that makes them worthy of being at the centre of the show and getting the lions share of the airtime.

concerned
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Aug 7 2013, 06:15 PM
Romancer66
Aug 7 2013, 05:01 PM
LanaluvsBroe
Aug 7 2013, 01:47 PM
jb1183
Aug 7 2013, 01:36 PM
Daniel is such a fucking bully when he doesn't get his way. A real Price Charming. :rolleyes: I just can't even deal with this piece of shit character anymore!
He is a self-centered, sanctimonious sack of shit. And if Jennifer had any respect for herself, her son or her brother she would have NEVER gotten into a relationship with the man who broke up her brother's marriage only a few months weeks days after her husband died. And she sure as hell never would have left her son to mourn alone while she chased said sack of shit male. And then had the nerve to be upset when her son refused to accept her new relationship. The old, real Jennifer would have never looked twice at that douche. But this pod-Jennifer does not give a damn about anyone including her hypocritical self. Which is why I don't give a damn about her tears.

And Maggie can go pound sand. Julie is the real matriarch of this show as far as I'm concerned.
Self-righteous isn't a good look on anyone, and it's especially repulsive on an entitled, amoral, hypocritical sleaze like Daniel. Combined with his rumpled clothes, uncombed hair, unshaven jaw, and overall slovenliness that makes him look like he'd smell worse than a Skid Row bum, it's a turn-off of epic proportions. I'm sure TIIC want us to sympathize with Daniel, being treated like Jen-Jen's cheap bit of rough on the side (probably so we won't condemn him when he dumps her ass and moves on to his next conquest), but his egotism makes it impossible. I'll admit to not sympathizing with Jennifer either. Dr. Douchebag's comparison is overblown--JJ is Jennifer's son, not Daniel's romantic rival, like Lucas was for Chloe--but not inaccurate in that lying and sneaking around is still lying and sneaking around, regardless of whom you're trying to deceive. And what a crap way to deal with her troubled son. Yeah, it's not going to hurt JJ to find out his mom is lying to his face and sneaking around behind his back with the scumbag she's trying to shove into his father's place. The same mom who chews him out for his misdeeds and insists that he walk the straight and narrow, even though she can't be bothered to stick around and see that he actually does. Great example you're setting, Bitchifer. :rolleyes:

Honestly, this couple may be the single biggest thing that's wrong with the show right now, which is saying something because I think it's been steadily losing steam for more than a month. They're dead weight, and trying to make them work when they continue to fail again and again is as pointless as trying to make water flow uphill. End them.
I could probably tolerate Daniel/Jennifer if the writing wasn't so god-awful and insanely full of propping. I'd just sort of tune out in their scenes, and enjoy the angst they cause JJ. But since every single character in Salem outside of JJ, Lucas and Anne must continuously prop the pairing, singing their praising and telling me that Daniel's greasy, awful dick is the best thing that every happened to Jennifer and Salem, I will never like them.

The writers know how disliked they are by a large segment. That's why we have Anne. That's why we have all the propping.

Honestly, at least they cute EJ/Taylor loose. This may be far worse and do more damage to the show because of the propping.
Apart from Lexie did anyone prop EJ / Taylor?

Even Johnny had nothing to say on that one....oh no I vaguely remember Johnny thinking she was pretty and fun.

concerned
Member Avatar

countess_cutlass
Aug 7 2013, 07:39 PM
I should not have wasted my time watching today, but my random impressions...

Daniel: Someone build this orange man-child a bridge so he can GET OVER HIMSELF. What did he expect Jennifer to do? Choose him over the well-being of her child? GTFO, Taniel! :flipoff:

Eric & Nicole: Oh, great. Now, we can endure 12 more months of Eric being oblivious and Nicole silently sobbing into her pillow at night over her unrequited love. Woooo. Consider me captivated. :sleep2:

Maggie: You suck. Check yourself. :whip:

Brady: GROW A BRAIN, ALREADY. :facepalm: You're a complete embarrassment at this point.
I am kind of with you on that one.

The ending yesterday had me looking forward to today's show .... but I guess its back in the box for those two now.

Maybe Nicole will have more luck with Kristen.

ITA everything else.
Edited by concerned, Aug 7 2013, 09:21 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
JamaicanBeauty7

She's on my shit list.

I wish she'd do him in the utility closet so she'd see he's not "all that" and quit thinking he farts rainbows.

concerned
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7

RAMP IT UP.... MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN. Please.

concerned
Member Avatar

LuLu2102
Aug 7 2013, 08:25 PM
Sevprince

Just in case someone was tuning in for the first time and was unable to work that out from the way the good doctor was behaving.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 7 2013, 05:54 PM
Panda Panda
Aug 7 2013, 02:17 PM
Bristen the redux is irritating me more than their first get together. I think it's because they're being written the same way post-break up as they were pre-break up with the added exception of Brady saying to everyone, "My eyes are wide open now. If she's playing me I'll know"

but

the dialogue exchange between those two is so stupid, Kristen brought up Marlena and how she would bad mouth her to Eric and then Brady tried said something like "Don't worry. Eric will see you as the kind, generous person I see you as"

I know Brady's supposed to still be in love with Kristen but does he not remember that he just got his heart stomped on a few months ago? Singing her praises and how everyone will eventually come to understand their relationship is just beyond idiotic.
Brady is being written as a moron,a"fidiot" but I must admit I am looking forward to seeing how the "crash and burn"unfolds.
Brady needs to really crash hard to be punished for his stupidity. I'd like to see him either turn evil (well, revert back to the nasty self loathing cruel Brady) or else turn into the town drunk slash petty criminal.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 7 2013, 09:16 PM
JDeveraux_91
Aug 7 2013, 05:38 PM
Forgive me if I've misinterpreted today's Fetch scenes, I did a hell of a lot of FFing, but did Daniel seriously throw a shit fit over Jen not shouting to the world that they are back together and dump her once again just a few hours after their latest boink?? Good freaking lord, how in world do any of the morons writing this shit think this is good or even interesting?! I don't get how anyone could support this farce of a couple. I've seen rumors that they have supporters and I don't get how anyone could be on the Fetch bandwagon after all this utter nonsense. :drunk: Fetch's entire relationship is - bitching, whining, booty calls, dumping each other. They are the absolute worst thing I've ever seen on Days.

Oh, and Maggie is a nasty bitch who needs to be killed via empty booze bottle again. This time for good. If a serial killer shows up in Salem soon, Maggie is now at the top of my kill list, along with Dannibore.
I think I've had this one explained to me before.

It doesn't matter if you can't stand the couple in question the only important thing is that we are talking about them and that makes them worthy of being at the centre of the show and getting the lions share of the airtime.
See, I don't get the logic behind giving lots of airtime to a couple who are talked about a lot because they suck so much. Apparently, people pouring out hatred and wishing a couple would die a violent death by fire, car crash, shark attack, axe murder etc. is awesome feedback to the geniuses running Days? :shrug: :drunk:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Aug 7 2013, 09:22 PM
six
JamaicanBeauty7

She's on my shit list.

I wish she'd do him in the utility closet so she'd see he's not "all that" and quit thinking he farts rainbows.
...and Daniel falls head over heels in love with her. I'd watch that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply