Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christel Khalil Sues Agent for Sending Her on 'Y&R' Audition
Topic Started: Aug 7 2013, 11:22 PM (1,554 Views)
Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/young-restless-star-sues-agent-sending-her-y-232656392.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Why would they send her to audition for Y&R, when she is already employed there? I don't get it.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Because they're so incompetent they didn't realize what show she was even on?

ratfink
Member Avatar

giggle :teehee:

Manny
Member Avatar

How can you sue someone for that? I mean, I get it that she would want to fire him or something... but sue him? I don't get it...

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Because they weren't paying enough attention to their paying client to know that she has been on the show for 10 years already.
Nail their ass Christel.

OliveAnn

Manny
Aug 8 2013, 04:35 AM
How can you sue someone for that? I mean, I get it that she would want to fire him or something... but sue him? I don't get it...
The headline is misleading. She's actually suing them for stealing money and not fulfilling their side of the contract. The real issue here is the lack of professional conduct. They as her agents should know what show she's on. Sending her to an audition to a place where she's already employed shows how little they care for her as their client.

BTW, would anyone be willing to explain to me how Christel as an individual could have been "collectively embarrassed"?
Edited by OliveAnn, Aug 8 2013, 08:01 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

She walks in for an interview, someone she doesn't recognize is at the desk, she asks them if and where she is employed now and she tells them she's been on Young and the Restless for 10 years.
They tell her,
'well, Ms.Khalil, this part that we are taking auditions for is for the Young and the Restless, didn't your agent tell you that?'

:) I'd be mighty darned embarrassed, then I would go back and chew ass and sue their ass for not doing their job which lead to her embarrassment.

metitle
Member Avatar

LPS
Aug 7 2013, 11:26 PM
Why would they send her to audition for Y&R, when she is already employed there? I don't get it.
I was wondering too.
Is the agency that incompetent that they didn't realize the woman had a job?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Manny
Aug 8 2013, 04:35 AM
It's America. You can sue someone for lookin at you the wrong way. :D

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

The income she has lost because they weren't telling her about other auditions that were available for other programs.

OliveAnn

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/08/08/source-young-and-restless-casting-director-peeved-over-christel-khalil-casting-drama

According to DC, Y&R's casting director is now getting involved... by trying NOT to be involved.

natdot99
Member Avatar

She should have shown her Daytime Emmy award to the casting director. :eyeroll:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply