Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Highlight Hollywood Magazine reports Y&R possible backstage shakeup.; More turmoil at Y&R, Griffith OUT?
Topic Started: Aug 9 2013, 08:37 PM (1,464 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

http://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhighlighthollywood.com%2F2013%2F08%2Finsiders-at-the-young-and-the-restless-tell-highlight-hollywood-a-major-shake-up-is-coming-josh-griffith-may-be-out%2F&h=cAQH3HoAJ&s=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

To DR staff: is this topic and the above link okay to post as is? I want to be sure I didn't violate any rules or link protocol.

Mason

Looks fine to me.

LPS
Member Avatar

I can't open it, but isn't this the MAB hack?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

LPS
Aug 9 2013, 10:14 PM
I can't open it, but isn't this the MAB hack?
Well when you are talking Y&R, the word "hack " could refer to several people. ;) Especially Jill Firing Phelps. But I know you're referring to the author of the article who is rumored to be a neighbor of MABell. So yes it is he who may be called less than objective. And as far as the link opening, I'm not having any problem. Anyone who is can go to Facebook and the highlight Hollywood page to read the story. I believe it's been posted at Daytime Confidential also.

LPS
Member Avatar

My big issue with this article (more source) is that they had an axe to grind with Griffith. He could be writing Shakespeare and they would still be bitching. Also, the fact, the author thinks MAB was Y&R's savior really irritates me. How can you ignore her years of clusterf*cks? She made BIG mistakes and, importantly, never learned from them.
Edited by LPS, Aug 9 2013, 10:34 PM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I agree. I have no issue with Griffith who HAS been writing Shakespeare compared to the mess he inherited. My only issue is with JFP and predates her taking the reigns at the number one soap.

LPS
Member Avatar

Branco just tweeted "Josh and Jill aren't going anywhere... Yet."

I don't know if he knows anything, but....

metitle
Member Avatar

the article reads like its lobbying for MAB to return. I for one dont want her back.

kelly777
Member Avatar

My problem with this is he just isn't very objective. He continues to wear rose colored glasses when it comes to MAB. She started this mess and Sony and CBS waited entirely too long to do something about it. I do, however, agree with him that JFP and JG are not the answer. IMO they have continued on along the same destructive path. I think Sony needs to do something sooner rather than later about the current hacks. I hardly ever watch anymore because the show seems totally devoted to the pets (same as with MAB) and the vets have either taken a backseat or they are used to prop a weak storyline. And talk about S...L....O...W. They are so slow they couldn't even catch a cold!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply