Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deep Soap: CBSs Angelica McDaniel on Future of Y&R, B&B
Topic Started: Aug 10 2013, 06:29 AM (1,582 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Deep Soap: CBSs Daytime Topper Angelica McDaniel on Future of Y&R, B&B

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/08/09/deep-soap-cbss-daytime-topper-angelica-mcdaniel-on-future-of-yr-bb/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Soapwatcher

Seems to me that she's busy promoting B&B rather than Y&R when she should be promoting both equally.

bygnedys

I am always leery when they say you will have your mouth drop open and say I can't believe they did that.

Most times you can figure out what they are doing a mile down the road, not impressed.

metitle
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Aug 10 2013, 08:43 AM
Seems to me that she's busy promoting B&B rather than Y&R when she should be promoting both equally.
Its because B&B viewers are pissed about:
  • Jackie Woods (Steffy) left the show
  • Hunter Tylo (Taylor) left the show
  • Not so good actress Kim Matula (Hope) is taking up all the air time
  • Brooke sleeping with yet another family member's spouse
  • Kathy Kelly Lang taking most of the air time as well.
  • Wishy Washy Liam is still on the show.
  • the elimination of the Foresters.
  • etc.
I could go on, but I am getting very upset just typing.
So I think they are promoting B&B because the show is in chaos and not worthy of anyone's time.

LPS
Member Avatar

Except BB is experiencing a ratings boom like no other in years.

IMO, McDaniel does a decent job at trying to save the soaps on CBS.

natdot99
Member Avatar

metitle
Aug 10 2013, 11:57 AM
Soapwatcher
Aug 10 2013, 08:43 AM
Its because B&B viewers are pissed about:
  • Jackie Woods (Steffy) left the show
  • Hunter Tylo (Taylor) left the show
  • Not so good actress Kim Matula (Hope) is taking up all the air time
  • Brooke sleeping with yet another family member's spouse
  • Kathy Kelly Lang taking most of the air time as well.
  • Wishy Washy Liam is still on the show.
  • the elimination of the Foresters.
  • etc.
I could go on, but I am getting very upset just typing.
So I think they are promoting B&B because the show is in chaos and not worthy of anyone's time.

Hope keeps getting a new love interest along with Rick, while Thomas is still alone.
Changing the terms of a trust.
Steffy losing her baby for no reason.
Eric still sucking up to Brooke
Brooke destroying families while suffering no consequences for her actions.
Bill being a bully yet they treat him like a victim in the midst of Katie wrath.

Jair

LPS
Aug 10 2013, 09:07 PM
And that is something I can't explain
The other soaps have more appealing storylines, real villains, more characters. They are not perfect but they are so much better
B&B was great until 2005, that there are been some good things but for the most part it's has been a boring mess
I know I'm in minority (rating are up from more than a year) and I must be an aline because right now there is nothing interesting in the show

Yoryla
Member Avatar

The most horrifying option here is if she actually thinks that Y&R doesn't *need* the promotion because it's doing so good. Um, no it's not. It's a horrible travesty and a shadow of the show formerly known as Y&R.

As for B&B, I don't really watch it, but a lot of people have panned it better in the recent weeks so I will respect that. I did watch the Katie/Brooke/Bill scenes because of the incomparable Ms. Heather Tom, and to see the exit scenes of Ms. Hunter Tylo. And those scenes were great. But the minute they did not have Katie slap Brooke, but had Brooke slap Katie was the end of a line for me once again. The way this show insists on catering to a certain miss Katherine Kelly Lang is appalling, and will prove to be detrimental to the show in the long run. However, as I said earlier, I know a lot of people think B&B is very good right now, so that is fine. And it is certainly miles away from Y&R. That show is in the bottom of the barrel.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

LPS
Aug 10 2013, 09:07 PM

IMO, McDaniel does a decent job at trying to save the soaps on CBS.
I'm one of those that had stopped watching Bold and tuned back in recently once 'Days' got boring for me. I'm loving the Batie vs Brill story and I'm glad that Liam is finally getting a taste of his own medicine with Wyatt being a force. Thrilled for their ratings and personally hope that Hunter Tylo never comes back. I really liked Taylor in the 1990s not as much as I have always loved Brooke but I enjoy the writing of their rivalry. Once Taylor came back in 2005 I was over the character and the person playing her. Ultimately I feel McDaniel is doing a good job given that ultimately I think Bold and Y&R will be the last soaps standing.
Edited by Fafokahw, Aug 16 2013, 06:37 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply