Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Joshua Morrow Brings Us Up-to-Date on Nick Newman's 'Y & R' Story
Topic Started: Aug 11 2013, 12:28 AM (1,709 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Joshua Morrow Brings Us Up-to-Date on Nick Newman's 'Y&R' Story
How long will it be until Nick discovers that Sharon faked the DNA test results?

By Paulette Cohn, About.com Guide
"Joshua Morrow Brings Us Up-to-Date on Nick Newman's 'Y&R' Story"

Posted Image

Joshua Morrow, who plays Nicholas Newman, on The Young and the Restless is at the center of a huge storyline. Nick recently discovered that his daughter Summer (Hunter Haley King) is not his biological daughter, but rather the daughter of Jack Abbott (Peter Bergman) and Phyllis Summers (Michelle Stafford).

Phyllis is the only person who knows that it was Sharon Newman (Sharon Case), who changed the results of the DNA test before it was mailed out -- but she is in a coma, having fallen down stairs on her way to tell Nick the truth: Summer is his biologic daughter

About.com had the opportunity to talk to Morrow one-on-one at the CBS party to celebrate the fall season that took place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif. Read on to find out what he has to say about his storyline and more!

What do we have to look forward to for Nick?

I think just the fallout from this incredibly difficult situation for all the characters. Nick may not be the best husband in the world, but he takes being a father seriously and loves this little girl so much. She grew up into this beautiful woman and somebody took her from him, essentially, and little does he know that she's his, and I think how they find out that he was lied to is very interesting television. I can't give you more than that, but it's an awesome story.

You know in the old days how the story lines took forever to resolve? It sounds as if you're saying this one is not going to take that long.

That's the thing. Nick has not been made aware of the deception by Sharon. I don't know how long that's going to take, but stories aren't told the way they used to be. We get into them and keep people interested. It's a different brand of television now.

Do you think you're going to end up getting married?

I'm not sure to who. Nick and Avery (Jessica Collins) have got some serious hurdles to pass, and there's some social issues between them and the families. When Nick finds out what Sharon did, it's going to be very difficult for Nick to forgive her, and Phylis is ill. We'll see. Nick's three options don't look super good right now.

What's the best part about playing Nick for you?

I truly just love my life. I love this job. It allows me to take care of my family and live the kind of life that I always wanted to live, which is I coach all my kids' sports teams, I'm home for dinner, I live a very comfortable life, and I love what I do. Why would I want to ever do anything else? I love this job. I love this show, and I will do anything that they ever ask of me. It means so much to be a part of it.

Jack thinks Summer is his daughter. So how is that when everybody finds out that it's not so?

It's the genius of the story. I knew that they were going to take Summer away from Nick. I didn't know that they were going to take her away and then eventually give her back to him. It is going to be a lot of fallout for all the characters involved. It's going to be tough. You put this little girl through the ringer emotionally and Jack and Sharon -- everyone's going to be jacked up from this. I'm looking forward to playing it.

How crazy is Sharon?

Right now she's looking coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs. Who knows? She's off her meds, I think, doing a lot of crazy stuff. Her character's ill and she needs to address it. The people who love her need to help her get healthy. I so look forward to watching Sharon finish this story, because it's a great story to tell.

What do you think is the most interesting change in daytime since you started? Do you think that these soaps are here to stay at least for a little while?

I think the most interesting change they made is the pace at which we tell our stories. How fast the stories are now. When I first started if I wanted to do three or four takes, I got to do it. Now, you better come out there prepared and get yourself done in one take no matter how much material you have, no matter how many places you need to get emotional. You've got to move fast and lean. These are not the high-flying days of the '90s. We've got a budget; we've got time restraints. That's the biggest change that I see. We've got to change our model and, I think, we've made the necessary steps.

But don't you still need to block so the camera operator knows where you're standing?

Yes and no. It's the thrill of television now. You come out there and everybody's on their toes, they're ready to go. It's not like we're fleshing stuff out. It's like: Here's what we've got to get to, let's get it done and move on. I like the pressure and the competitiveness of the way we do it now. It can be tough. There are days where I leave there and I'm freaking exhausted because my brain is I've shown up to work and learned 30 pages of dialogue and spoken them all in two hours.

What's inspiring to you these days?

What I find inspiring is I like seeing children be kind to each other. Does that sound stupid? I coach a lot of little league teams. All I read about and hear about is bullying, and the fact that kids are growing up at a faster pace than we used to. I love seeing kids be nice to each other. I'm a coach and that means a lot to me. I find nice children to be inspiring because the world's lost its way a little bit in parenting.

The best advice you've ever been given?

My dad told me when I was really young, "Good things happen to good people." I will never treat people differently than I would people in my own family. I think everybody deserves a chance to be treated with respect. I hope that I can instill that into my children, because people just aren't as nice as they used to be anymore. I come from a small town in Oklahoma where everybody knew everybody and everybody was nice to everybody. It's just not like that anymore. Everybody's worlds are in phones. It's antisocial. I kind of wish the world got a lot simpler.

soaps.about.com

Edited by bellajewel, Aug 11 2013, 12:32 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

what a truly nice person he is, and that's a refreshing change from the majority of others.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yes, he's a family man and leaves his work at work.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

This is such a nice interview by Joshua Morrow.

cscarly

She coocoo what is nik then
Going let mother child go prison fathers crime
But do whatever take free Phyllis who tried
Kill someone that sure putting children first
When really about Sharon forgives people
And nik doesn't which sad when nik brother
Who he treated just like Nikki treated him
When he was a baby

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply