Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Countdown: Top Rivalries; #1 *updated*
Topic Started: Aug 12 2013, 10:39 PM (7,292 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

10. Six way tie

9. Six way tie

8. Carly vs.Vivian

7. Vivian vs. Kate

6. Marlena vs. Stefano

5. Nicole vs. Sami

4. Sami vs. Carrie

3. Kate vs. Sami

2. Stefano vs. John

1. Marlena vs. Kristen
Posted Image
We’ve finally gotten to our top rivalry. Like some of the others, Kristen and Marlena didn’t start out as rivals. Kristen even helped deliver Marlena’s baby, and it wasn’t at all ironic. Unfortunately for Kristen, the man she loved just happened to love Marlena. Kristen was the only one of the three who knew how they both felt, and she was determined not to lose John. Over the next couple of years we watched as her lies and manipulations became more and more extreme; things climaxed when the person she’d hired to impersonate herself lost her fake teeth in the middle of an Elvis-themed wedding. The catfights and the bickering and the death stares didn’t end there, though; they continued on for a little while until Marlena believed their rivalry was ended by Kristen’s death. Viewers knew she wasn’t really dead, but it wasn’t until last year that John and Marlena found out. Their rivalry is still a part of the show today and now has managed to suck in both of Marlena’s sons, too. Right now Marlena is currently working hard to once again reveal all of Kristen’s lies and crimes. We know Kristen (at least as we know her) doesn’t have too much time left in Salem, so who’s going to come out on top this time?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I forgot about Sami and Lexie's rivalry! That was a lot of fun! I also think the Bradys and DiMeras being civil with each other after all these years is awful. I still cringe during EJ/Kayla scenes.

Overall, great list so far! Can't wait to see the rest! Kristen/Marlena, Carly/Vivian, and Sami/Nicole had better be on it!

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Very interesting list! Surprised some of these are 10th, even though there are 6 of them!

Brewster
Member Avatar

Some of those are surprising! Great job with the writes ups. I love all of these rivalries!

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Glad to see my favorite rivalries (EJ vs Lucas, and Sami vs. Lucas) on the list!
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Aug 13 2013, 10:05 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Yeeeeee. So glad Lexie vs Sami made the list. Very underrated rivalry if you ask me. It didn't get as much attention as Sami/Carrie, Sami/Nicole or Sami/Kate, but I loved it. Renee Jones & Alison Sweeney were always great in their scenes together.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Wow. The Brady/Dimera feud was pretty central during most of my prime viewing years, interesting to see it ranked so low. I wonder if people broke it down into people instead of families.

lysie
Member Avatar

OP updated with 9th place.

lysie
Member Avatar

px780
Aug 13 2013, 11:06 PM
Wow. The Brady/Dimera feud was pretty central during most of my prime viewing years, interesting to see it ranked so low. I wonder if people broke it down into people instead of families.
Spoiler alert: this is basically the case.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I'm surprised John/Roman and Roman/Stefano aren't up higher. I still believe those are some of the more well known and important feuds in Dool's history.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Panda Panda
Aug 14 2013, 02:38 PM
I'm surprised John/Roman and Roman/Stefano aren't up higher. I still believe those are some of the more well known and important feuds in Dool's history.
and i was surprised Hope/Billie didn't rank higher, especially given the good 10 years worth of Bo/Hope/Billie.

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Glad to see Laura Vs Kate, and Laura vs Kristen! I love JLB!

Ellie

The Carly/Vivian clip has been fixed.

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

Really surprised Roman/Stefano only made 9th, but maybe it's just that most of us around here are viewers from the 90s and afterwards, when Roman was really no longer a big deal. But AFAIK that started just so much on-going story for this show. Maybe Marlena/Stefano will be higher.

I'd expect Carrie/Sami and especially Marlena/Kristen (doesn't hurt that it's on screen right now to remind us of its existence) to dominate. Thought Carly/Vivian would be higher but then again Carly Manning's stock has fallen lately. IMO none of EJ's rivalries are that notable, but they are fresh in one's memories (still, Lucas/Austin > Lucas/EJ, and I'm not even a huge JER fan). Sami has a good number to choose from.

I never saw the show at that period of time but I wonder, just from reading, if Bill & Mickey will qualify. From what I can tell the triangle with Laura and then the whole Mike's paternity business was a big deal, and well, Mickey did try to kill Bill.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Lucas and EJ wasn't a rivaly. A rivalry means they let both actors act. What did Lucas ever do to Ej? Pour paint over him for raping his wife? Really?! Did I miss the part where Lucas planned Ej's destruction?

They gave EJ most of the quips, most of the action and in the end Lucas family.

That's not a rivalry.

S loves EJ

Aliaron
Aug 18 2013, 11:51 AM
Lucas and EJ wasn't a rivaly. A rivalry means they let both actors act. What did Lucas ever do to Ej? Pour paint over him for raping his wife? Really?! Did I miss the part where Lucas planned Ej's destruction?

That's not a rivalry.

I have seen several triangels where one rival is the good one that plays fair, and the other one plays dirty for instant Sami/Carrie/austin triangel, Bell/Jan/Sean triangel and Hope/Billie/Bo triangel, so it´s not unique for EJ/Lucas/Sami triangel. In 2007 they wrote for both Lumi and Ejami about as much. The problem is that they stopped writing for Lucas after that when they should have continue to write for both Lumi and Ejami equally much. It wouldn´t have made sense if Lucas would have planned to destroy EJ he is to good for that.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Aug 18 2013, 12:52 PM
Aliaron
Aug 18 2013, 11:51 AM

That's not a rivalry.

I have seen several triangels where one rival is the good one that plays fair, and the other one plays dirty for instant Sami/Carrie/austin triangel, Bell/Jan/Sean triangel and Hope/Billie/Bo triangel, so it´s not unique for EJ/Lucas/Sami triangel. In 2007 they wrote for both Lumi and Ejami about as much. The problem is that they stopped writing for Lucas after that when they should have continue to write for both Lumi and Ejami equally much. It wouldn´t have made sense if Lucas would have planned to destroy EJ he is to good for that.
Carrie plotted just as much as Sami. But she plotted for the good. It was Carrie who bisted Sami's lie about Will. Belle and Hope were the same. They all got to plot. They just had right on their side.

But Lucas did absolutely no real plotting. He didnt fight at all. You cant have a rivalry without writing both sides fighting.

Lucas was too good for that? Not the character I've watch for nearly two decades. Yet another reason this was no rivarly they rewrote Lucas as passive so he would not act.

S loves EJ

I don´t think exposing someone´s lie is plotting it´s discovering the truth.

Anyway I think Lucas and EJ was rivals for Sami´s heart and while EJ was the bad guy Lucas was the sweet good guy who got to be sweet and supportive towards Sami. In 2007 Sami was in denial about her feelings for EJ while she was more clear about her feelings for Lucas. I happends to like Lucas when he is nice and sweet but not as a bad schemer, even though I know he has done it in the past. It doesn´t mean he can´t scheme but I want him to do it for a good cause and not change his character into a bad character, and if Lucas was planning to destroy EJ wouldn´t they become interchangable then. Still that is how I felt in the past I might feel differently about Lucas scheming now.

I just don´t like when Lucas yells to much or fighting with Sami over custody, but I don´t like it when EJ does it either.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Lucas was given nothing. Always before he was given hilarious lines in the writing. He always had a sarcastic wisecrack to come back at whoever he was talking too. They took even that away from him.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Vivian vs Carly 1.0 was everything! It sounds weird to say considering the whole buried alive thing, but 2.0 was just too goofy for me. Vivian hated Carly with a passion, but it was over the top and more annoying than anything. How they messed that up, I will never know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply