Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rating for Week of July 29-Aug 2, 2013
Topic Started: Aug 13 2013, 02:16 AM (1,322 Views)
Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Ratings Report for the Week of July 29 – August 2, 2013

NOTE: There is no “DAYS” comparison to last year due to the Olympics

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,692,000 (-56,000/+500,000)
2. B&B 3,597,000 (+2,000/+507,000)
3. DAYS 2,456,000 (-106,000/——-)
4. GH 2,441,000 (-98,000/+177,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/11 (same/+.3)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/+.4)
3. GH 1.8/6 (-.1/+.1)
3. DAYS 1.8/6 (-.1/—)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 783,000 (-48,000/-15,000)
2. B&B 637,000 (-24,000/+12,000)
3. GH 581,000 (-32,000/+28,000)
4. DAYS 544,000 (-43,000/——-)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (-.1/same)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (same/same)
3. GH 0.9/6 (-.1/same)
3. DAYS 0.9/5 (same/—)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 213,000 (-17,000/+21,000)
2. GH 192,000 (-1,000/+15,000)
3. B&B 187,000 (-18,000/+53,000)
4. DAYS 151,000 (-26,000/——-)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. B&B 0.6 (same/+.2)
1. Y&R 0.6 (-.1/same)
1. GH 0.6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.4 (-.1/—)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.6/3,601,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,680,000
Wednesday: 2.7/3,740,000
Thursday: 2.6/3,472,000
Friday: 2.6/3,495,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,427,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,591,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,467,000
Thursday: 1.7/2,354,000
Friday: 1.8/2,441,000

GH
Monday: 1.9/2,476,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,482,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,503,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,486,000
Friday: 1.8/2,260,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,862,000
Tuesday: 3.5/4,894,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,727,000
Thursday: 3.4/4,447,000
Friday: 3.2/4,529,000

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

well those aren't great. But I remember finding this week of shows incredibly boring (except Friday).

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I have lost all my interest in Days. The show for me at least is at MarDar levels of boring, there is no real good character writing on this show anymore, all of the men are interchangeable. There is no real character evolution in any storyline. Frankly the entire show is torturous to watch.....none of my favorites are featured anymore, I don't like those that are featured and I can't take this Bristen, Dannifer and Ejami center show. I still have Ericole to hold onto but that's not much and their story is just spinning it's wheels. I think Days truly has lost all the momentum they had a few months back.....this Sami shooting storyline is awful, Rafe and his new love will likely get pushed down our throats soon. Dannifer will be featured as if were the saviors of the show and Kristen will get a lot of airtime before she leaves...I don't know about anyone else but that's not must see TV for me....

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 13 2013, 10:23 AM
I have lost all my interest in Days. The show for me at least is at MarDar levels of boring, there is no real good character writing on this show anymore, all of the men are interchangeable. There is no real character evolution in any storyline. Frankly the entire show is torturous to watch.....none of my favorites are featured anymore, I don't like those that are featured and I can't take this Bristen, Dannifer and Ejami center show. I still have Ericole to hold onto but that's not much and their story is just spinning it's wheels. I think Days truly has lost all the momentum they had a few months back.....this Sami shooting storyline is awful, Rafe and his new love will likely get pushed down our throats soon. Dannifer will be featured as if were the saviors of the show and Kristen will get a lot of airtime before she leaves...I don't know about anyone else but that's not must see TV for me....
Yeah, I'm not into Bristen, Ejami, or Dannifer either which has a lot to do with why, despite the Franco recast nonsense, I still prefer GH to Days. IMO Carlivati, while having some preferences for characters/actors, do a better job of balancing the stories among the entire cast and have a greater respect for the vets like Anna, Luke, and Monica, to name a few. Granted they aren't perfect (for instance the pacing issues) but if I'm limited timewise and can't watch both soaps, I will watch GH.

Interesting that most soaps lost viewers this week.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Aug 13 2013, 11:06 AM.

Not Amused

Judi and Wally for me have been the saving grace of Days for a while. Now that it appears they are going to be used less my interest in Days has waned.

I love James and Ari but I haven't really enjoyed them as of late. I enjoyed Kristen versus Nicole rivalry but that's pretty much it. Nicole becoming bffs with Jennifer and constantly pimping Dannifer has just left me frustrated. I know I'm one of the few but Ericole doesn't excite me like it should. And then there's Ej who isn't allowed to have any existence outside of Sami which I feel has really hurt the character a lot.

Also the upcoming SLs KC previewed don't really interest me. I'd like to see more of the vets like Doug, Julie, Victor, Kayla, & Hope and get Bryan, Wally, Judi all on contract. Give me more of those actors and characters and I'd actually be interested in this show again.
Edited by Not Amused, Aug 13 2013, 01:11 PM.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 13 2013, 10:23 AM
Dool has its moments few and far between like the stoned book club today but overall I've totally lost interest as well. OLTL is the only soap i'm fully watching on a regular basis, GH has lost me as well. :(

Dreamy
Member Avatar

GH has lost me, I don't find it interesting & DAYS has been boring lately!

daysmemories
Member Avatar

These aren't great but Days deserves it.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

GH is a lost cause right now.. Days has been DULL for a few weeks, Y&R is a bit better but the storylines are absurd. Bold and the Beautiful is the only one I can see has it right at the moment

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I loved the "Book Club" stuff yesterday on DOOL! So hilarious!!!!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

^ I thought it was a funny episode, but it might have well been one of those stand alone epis....these types of episodes won't capture new viewers, or lapsed viewers.....they just serve to make those that haven't stopped watching enjoy a day of laughter and lightness on the show...that's it.....

I personally don't feel that GH is all that bad NOW....a few weeks back...hell yeah, it was awful...but the last 2 weeks haven't been bad by any stretch of the imagination and they have been building up the drama and since we already know that one of the cast members is leaving you can tell that this is likely the story that builds up to her exit and then from there something else is bound to happen....IMHO GH does very good at pacing.....way better than Days does. Both shows seem to have the same weird pattern of good, good, good and then nothing...but the nothing on Days lasts longer then the nothing on GH.....

Dreamy
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 14 2013, 03:40 PM
^ I thought it was a funny episode, but it might have well been one of those stand alone epis....these types of episodes won't capture new viewers, or lapsed viewers.....they just serve to make those that haven't stopped watching enjoy a day of laughter and lightness on the show...that's it.....

I personally don't feel that GH is all that bad NOW....a few weeks back...hell yeah, it was awful...but the last 2 weeks haven't been bad by any stretch of the imagination and they have been building up the drama and since we already know that one of the cast members is leaving you can tell that this is likely the story that builds up to her exit and then from there something else is bound to happen....IMHO GH does very good at pacing.....way better than Days does. Both shows seem to have the same weird pattern of good, good, good and then nothing...but the nothing on Days lasts longer then the nothing on GH.....
I was referring to my post regarding DAYS is boring comment. I just loved the "Book Club" stuff from yesterday, it was hilarious & DAYS needs to do more comic scenes!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply