Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of August 26th; *updated 8/19*
Topic Started: Aug 14 2013, 12:45 AM (30,047 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 06:26 PM
lachelle73
Aug 20 2013, 03:37 PM
Angelsmile
Aug 20 2013, 11:41 AM
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 11:36 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Thank You. To just like this post was not enough.
Actually EJ could be a threat to Gaby because he and Sonny both know what Gaby did to Mel and hiring Andrew to stalk her.
Not quite. He knows but he cannot use the information.
Refresh my memory why can't EJ use the information?

Ej would stick his own sister in a tunnel if it suited his purposes I can't imagine he's not going to use information purely to protect Chad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 20 2013, 06:22 PM
I still think Kristen's pregnant, otherwise why would Brady be proposing this week? Unless he just thinks she is?
I think he's just stupid and proposes
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Do we know that Brady is proposing? or is it just an important question?

countess_cutlass
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 19 2013, 06:21 AM
Jennifer is heartbroken when Daniel finally decides to end things with her.
Posted Image

JESUS. WHO CARES. This couple is about as compelling as watching paint dry. Why are the writers so invested in them?

scifi7
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 20 2013, 06:29 PM
scifi7
lachelle73
Angelsmile

Actually EJ could be a threat to Gaby because he and Sonny both know what Gaby did to Mel and hiring Andrew to stalk her.

Ej would stick his own sister in a tunnel if it suited his purposes I can't imagine he's not going to use information purely to protect Chad.
There is no need to speculate or draw back on yester year, he had the chance and he did not say a thing, not even to Sami....so yes, he kept his mouth shut purely to protect Chad.

concerned
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 07:01 PM
concerned
scifi7
lachelle73

There is no need to speculate or draw back on yester year, he had the chance and he did not say a thing, not even to Sami....so yes, he kept his mouth shut purely to protect Chad.
"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" is a reasonably well known quote.

I don't see why we have to draw a blanket over all of history. Part of the wealth of Days and Soaps are their history. If the history of the show wasn't important we could just have random 45 minute episodes starting at any moment in time.

Back to topic. He's had no reason that using that information would benefit him, in fact from memory at the moment keeping that information secret is what benefits him. When and if it benefits him to use that information EJ will do just that. I don't think "protecting Chad" is enough of a reason for EJ not to use information to be a threat to Gabi.

Although all that said I don't think they have any intention on revisiting that period in time and will be surprised if it is ever delved into with any depth. I'm sure they will focus on new things to provide for a Sonny Gabi rift.

scifi7
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 20 2013, 07:26 PM
scifi7
concerned
scifi7

"The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" is a reasonably well known quote.

I don't see why we have to draw a blanket over all of history. Part of the wealth of Days and Soaps are their history. If the history of the show wasn't important we could just have random 45 minute episodes starting at any moment in time.

Back to topic. He's had no reason that using that information would benefit him, in fact from memory at the moment keeping that information secret is what benefits him. When and if it benefits him to use that information EJ will do just that. I don't think "protecting Chad" is enough of a reason for EJ not to use information to be a threat to Gabi.

Although all that said I don't think they have any intention on revisiting that period in time and will be surprised if it is ever delved into with any depth. I'm sure they will focus on new things to provide for a Sonny Gabi rift.
History should not be ignored, its relevance though should play a key part but most especially when it literally just happened, there is no way to get around it. Like I said before, when Gabi and her entire situation was being a threat to Sami and Will (which is basically his life), not once did he even consider throwing Chad under the bus. In fact he would not even tell Sami what it was when she pressed him........its easy to go the 'woulda coulda shoulda' route, but when it comes to THIS scenario, there is very little room for it.

zyona

I hope Will and Sonny evict Gabi

Edited by zyona, Aug 20 2013, 07:49 PM.

zyona

zyona
Aug 20 2013, 01:10 AM
Pookie
Aug 19 2013, 01:36 PM
LonePirate
Aug 19 2013, 11:02 AM
guessgirl
Aug 19 2013, 10:55 AM
I am not looking forward to the fight because anyone who enters Wlson's orbit is always the "wrong/bad guy." Lucas, Nick, Brian, Brent, Adreinne and now Gabi again. It's predictable and makes the sl quite a turnoff .
My problem with this story is that Will and Sonny seemed to have made peace with Nick ever since the Jensen scenes on Smith Island. The change of heart here is suspect to me as it smells like a plot contrivance. Unless Gabi starts neglecting AG or Nick starts crashing with Gabi at Sonny's place, this all seems like bullshit to me.
Oh, I don't find it suspect AT ALL. It's easy for Will to be magnanimous now since he's currently got full custody and Nick has been out of the picture. Seeing Nick starting to re-enter Gabi and therefore Ariana's life would set me off too. Like others said, there is probably a LOT of residual rage over all the shit Nick pulled over the past year. I'm glad they're going to bring it up again.

It's natural and not even REMOTELY "contrived".
Will can forgive Nick, but it does not mean that he needs to forget the hell he went through with Nick.

Will does not have a full custody, as paternity has not been establish through court. He is currently sharing custody by mutual agreement (since Gabi, Ari and Will are sharing apt)

Being listed in the birth certificate does not establish paternity since Will and Gabi are not married. The father or mother have to file a petition for determination of father child relationship to establish paternity.

concerned
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 07:39 PM
concerned
scifi7
concerned

History should not be ignored, its relevance though should play a key part but most especially when it literally just happened, there is no way to get around it. Like I said before, when Gabi and her entire situation was being a threat to Sami and Will (which is basically his life), not once did he even consider throwing Chad under the bus. In fact he would not even tell Sami what it was when she pressed him........its easy to go the 'woulda coulda shoulda' route, but when it comes to THIS scenario, there is very little room for it.
I have no idea what we are talking about,.

scifi7
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 20 2013, 07:57 PM
scifi7
concerned
scifi7

Apparently because you posted a scene BEFORE Chad's life and freedom was in question, or do you just not know the timeline of events?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 14 2013, 12:45 AM
Monday ("JJ Eviscerates His Mother")
JJ lashes out at Jennifer after discovering her in an intimate moment with Daniel.

Tuesday ("Daniel Questions Kristen")
Kristen slips up about her secret, earning her an interrogation from Daniel; Sonny and Will receive Gabi's condemnation.

Wednesday
Sami comes to a decision about the plea bargain; Eric tries to interpret an unsettling dream.

Thursday ("EJ Fears He May Have Ruined Sami's Case")
EJ worries how he may have affected the outcome in Sami's case; Brady proposes marriage to Kristen.

Friday ("EJ Tries to Warn Sami")
EJ pleads with Sami to change her mind about the plea; Sonny and Gabi make peace, only to find themselves at war once again.

**UPDATE**

National Enquirer Spoilers
* Brady has an important question for Kristen
* Will and Gabi have an enormous blowup
* Nicole and Eric bond over a tragedy
* JJ presents Jennifer with a very difficult choice
* Theresa and JJ relate over family trouble

http://rogue-ejami.com/2013/08/14/days-spoilers-week-of-august-29th/

**UPDATED 8/19**

To Justin’s surprise, Sami considers the plea deal because she is confident she and EJ can walk away scot free.

After Gabi blasts Sonny and Will for trying to run her life, a surprising discovery ruins their short-lived truce

Cameron makes a clean break with Abigail, and Chad quickly uses it to his advantage.

Marlena tries to get the dirt on her rival.

Sami tells EJ her shocking decision, and EJ warns her she’s making a terrible mistake

I think Brady's just stupid. He's rushing everything all over again even though he knows that he has every reason not to. Like I can't even begin to feel sorry for him. He needs to go off canvas for a few months and recollect his brains or find a new one.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

countess_cutlass
Aug 20 2013, 06:47 PM
lysie
Aug 19 2013, 06:21 AM
Posted Image

JESUS. WHO CARES. This couple is about as compelling as watching paint dry. Why are the writers so invested in them?
Because the NBC and SONY suits have told them to be.

concerned
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 08:00 PM
concerned
scifi7
concerned

Apparently because you posted a scene BEFORE Chad's life and freedom was in question, or do you just not know the timeline of events?
I am seriously confused. I can't even recall Chad's life and freedom being in jeopardy post this point.

All I can remember is Chad potentially going to jail for disturbance of the peace at Gabi's wedding and like that would have stuck.

Give me the timeline please. I think I am discussing a completely different moment in time to you.

scifi7
Member Avatar

concerned
Aug 20 2013, 08:12 PM
scifi7
concerned
scifi7

I am seriously confused. I can't even recall Chad's life and freedom being in jeopardy post this point.

All I can remember is Chad potentially going to jail for disturbance of the peace at Gabi's wedding and like that would have stuck.

Give me the timeline please. I think I am discussing a completely different moment in time to you.
Oh ok. It happened after the scenes you posted. Chad got into a fight with Nick he signed an iron clad agreement that if he told anyone or if anyone else revealed what Gabi had done, Chad would end up in prison. This is why EJ will not even tell Sami what Gabi did, as not to risk Chad getting in trouble.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Go Marlena.

stormymac
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 08:15 PM
concerned
Aug 20 2013, 08:12 PM
scifi7
concerned

Oh ok. It happened after the scenes you posted. Chad got into a fight with Nick he signed an iron clad agreement that if he told anyone or if anyone else revealed what Gabi had done, Chad would end up in prison. This is why EJ will not even tell Sami what Gabi did, as not to risk Chad getting in trouble.
I don't think the deal said anything about someone else revealing what Gabi had done, just Chad. Sonny can't tell anyone since he found out from Chad after the deal was made. That's why Justin told Chad his freedom was in Sonny's hands. EJ should still be able to tell the truth since Chad told him before he signed Nick's deal, but I guess it would be difficult to prove when he was told.

am103
Member Avatar

Think it might be time to take a little break from the show. My schedule is shifting a little this fall, so the ability to watch daily is going to be slightly hindered, but I don't think I'm upset about it. EJami bore me to tears (which is a shame, because I do think the actors have chemistry), Dannifer does not appear to be ending any time soon, and the Kristen story is just spinning its wheels. I'm really gonna need Days to knock my socks off after Eileen Davidson leaves, because as of right now, I have no interest in watching the "Days of EJami and Dannifer's Lives".

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

concerned
scifi7
lachelle73
Angelsmile

EJ wouldn't have hurt Lexie he loved her.
It was Andre that put Lexie in the tunnel.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aug 20 2013, 10:32 AM
lachelle73
Aug 20 2013, 10:21 AM
Angie79
Aug 17 2013, 11:49 PM
Friday ("EJ Tries to Warn Sami")
EJ pleads with Sami to change her mind about the plea; Sonny and Gabi make peace, only to find themselves at war once again.

What, why are Sonny and Gabi at war?!
We don't know yet.
Its beginning to sound like :shrug: Sami is going to be offered
a lesser charge in exchange for pleading guilty.I think EJ'
wants Sami to accept the plea bargan because he knows
that Melinda has nothing on him.
Edited by Fantastic66, Aug 24 2013, 09:51 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply