Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of August 26th; *updated 8/19*
Topic Started: Aug 14 2013, 12:45 AM (29,851 Views)
Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Fantastic66
Aug 21 2013, 05:02 AM
concerned
Aug 20 2013, 06:29 PM
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 06:26 PM
lachelle73
Aug 20 2013, 03:37 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Not quite. He knows but he cannot use the information.
Refresh my memory why can't EJ use the information?

Ej would stick his own sister in a tunnel if it suited his purposes I can't imagine he's not going to use information purely to protect Chad.
EJ wouldn't have hurt Lexie he loved her.
It was Andre that put Lexie in the tunnel.
It was ej days made very lazy attempt to rewrite as Andre or stefano
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CindyDHall

What is Sami's plea deal going to be?

CindyDHall

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Aug 21 2013, 06:16 AM
Fantastic66
concerned
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 06:26 PM

Refresh my memory why can't EJ use the information?

Ej would stick his own sister in a tunnel if it suited his purposes I can't imagine he's not going to use information purely to protect Chad.
Andre didn't have an issue with Lexie, the entire reason she was kidnapped and put in the tunnel was to keep her from testifying against EJ.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

TreasureCove
Aug 21 2013, 10:43 AM
Partnersincrime
Aug 21 2013, 06:16 AM
Fantastic66
concerned

Andre didn't have an issue with Lexie, the entire reason she was kidnapped and put in the tunnel was to keep her from testifying against EJ.
They've never really clarified who was responsible for putting Lexie in the tunnel. I agree that it was clearly a rewrite to absolve EJ of the responsibility but that stuff happens all the time. Much like the rewrite to have him set up the VISA issue after the fact. It was played all the way thru that he was genuinely concerned his VISA wouldn't be renewed (even paying Nicole off to come testify on his behalf) but then they threw in the random scene with the guy that interviewed them (Mr. Burke?) to suddenly have it be that EJ was paying him for the ruse. It happens. :shrug:

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 20 2013, 08:07 PM
countess_cutlass
Aug 20 2013, 06:47 PM
lysie
Aug 19 2013, 06:21 AM
Jennifer is heartbroken when Daniel finally decides to end things with her.
Posted Image

JESUS. WHO CARES. This couple is about as compelling as watching paint dry. Why are the writers so invested in them?
Because the NBC and SONY suits have told them to be.
Hmm strange, I thought NBC wanted to go younger? I mean Dannifer is not exactly young and hot. So wasting so much story and airtime on them, to say at least stupid and a failure.

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Aug 21 2013, 11:21 AM
magicsteacher
countess_cutlass
lysie
Aug 19 2013, 06:21 AM
Jennifer is heartbroken when Daniel finally decides to end things with her.
Posted Image

JESUS. WHO CARES. This couple is about as compelling as watching paint dry. Why are the writers so invested in them?
Hmm strange, I thought NBC wanted to go younger? I mean Dannifer is not exactly young and hot. So wasting so much story and airtime on them, to say at least stupid and a failure.
They don't seem to have a clear idea of what younger means. Their main cast is about ten years older than their main cast was ten years ago. It's mostly different character but they were all already older than the main cast ten years ago. For some reason in the late nineties the average main cast member age dropped about 20-30 years. Then in their 2000s it kind of evened out. Then about 6 years it aged 10 years. I really didn't explain that well.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 21 2013, 11:29 AM
The Scorpion
Aug 21 2013, 11:21 AM
magicsteacher
countess_cutlass

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepPosted Image

They don't seem to have a clear idea of what younger means. Their main cast is about ten years older than their main cast was ten years ago. It's mostly different character but they were all already older than the main cast ten years ago. For some reason in the late nineties the average main cast member age dropped about 20-30 years. Then in their 2000s it kind of evened out. Then about 6 years it aged 10 years. I really didn't explain that well.
I understand what you mean :) Personally I would have rather have seen for example Abby and Chad gained their airtime and a story they are younger and definitely hotter in my opinion.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
I wonder if the main cast age has become a little older because of issues with hanging on to their younger talent. It seems like any 20ish actor/character who is decent ends up leaving after their four years are up. I can see how that would make Days gunshy to make their 20s group the main focus of the show.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Aug 21 2013, 11:59 AM
lysie
I wonder if the main cast age has become a little older because of issues with hanging on to their younger talent. It seems like any 20ish actor/character who is decent ends up leaving after their four years are up. I can see how that would make Days gunshy to make their 20s group the main focus of the show.
Probably but that's a pretty piss poor excuse. That's not a new problem at all. It didn't make them gunshy in the 80s.

lachelle73

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 08:15 PM
concerned
Aug 20 2013, 08:12 PM
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 08:00 PM
concerned
Aug 20 2013, 07:57 PM

Apparently because you posted a scene BEFORE Chad's life and freedom was in question, or do you just not know the timeline of events?
I am seriously confused. I can't even recall Chad's life and freedom being in jeopardy post this point.

All I can remember is Chad potentially going to jail for disturbance of the peace at Gabi's wedding and like that would have stuck.

Give me the timeline please. I think I am discussing a completely different moment in time to you.
Oh ok. It happened after the scenes you posted. Chad got into a fight with Nick he signed an iron clad agreement that if he told anyone or if anyone else revealed what Gabi had done, Chad would end up in prison. This is why EJ will not even tell Sami what Gabi did, as not to risk Chad getting in trouble.
But didn't Sami tell Nik she knows what Gabi did but EJ stopped her from saying anything because it would send Chad to prison. She knows Gabi did something but she doesn't know what.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

lysie
Aug 21 2013, 12:45 PM
tomsawyer
Aug 21 2013, 11:59 AM
lysie
Probably but that's a pretty piss poor excuse. That's not a new problem at all. It didn't make them gunshy in the 80s.
exactly. Peter & Kristian, for example, were only on Days from 83-87, which was about 4 years. In that time period, they told a hell of a lot of story with Bo & Hope. Even in the 2000s, Days told a lot of story with Belle, Shawn, Phillip, Chloe, Mimi, etc. I think the issue is that TPTB don't want to focus on the 20s age group because that would take away from EJami & Dannifer, who TPTB seem to want to have front & center even though neither couple is young.

concerned
Member Avatar

"Eric tries to interpret an unsettling dream"

Just as long as you don't go to Dr Phil Eric. No sympathy there.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/dr-phils-bizarre-rape-tweet-20130821-2sb65.html

Is it that hard in this day and age to manage a twitter account?

scifi7
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Aug 21 2013, 04:20 PM
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 08:15 PM
concerned
Aug 20 2013, 08:12 PM
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 08:00 PM

I am seriously confused. I can't even recall Chad's life and freedom being in jeopardy post this point.

All I can remember is Chad potentially going to jail for disturbance of the peace at Gabi's wedding and like that would have stuck.

Give me the timeline please. I think I am discussing a completely different moment in time to you.
Oh ok. It happened after the scenes you posted. Chad got into a fight with Nick he signed an iron clad agreement that if he told anyone or if anyone else revealed what Gabi had done, Chad would end up in prison. This is why EJ will not even tell Sami what Gabi did, as not to risk Chad getting in trouble.
But didn't Sami tell Nik she knows what Gabi did but EJ stopped her from saying anything because it would send Chad to prison. She knows Gabi did something but she doesn't know what.
Sami always knew Gabi did something, remember she figured it out when she questioned Chad; this was before Chad signed the document......but knowing she did something without the particulars is not worth anything.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

CindyDHall
Aug 21 2013, 10:33 AM
Melinda offers Sami a plea bargin in exchange for
her getting info on EJ.I hope Melinda knows that
she has just dug her grave about offering that
kind of a plea bargin to Sami Hilda Rock mouth.
I suppose Melinda thinks putting a Dimera away will
earn her an award.She will get an award alright.
:shutup: Melinda will be dead before the Salem News paper
can come hot off the press.

lachelle73

What if that is how Chad leaves he tells Will and some other peope what Gabi did and he goes away for a while and if they have recast the recast comes back later on. the writers messed the boat by not putting Chad more into the DiMera business. EJ/Chad side by side yesterday was great Casey would have done a great job from what we have seen lately. They could have skipped the whole kidnap thing with Gabi and let him and Mel have issues with him working with the Dimera instead. But now I guess all of that will come back to bite them all like Sonny said yesterday.

With Gabi having issues with both Will and Sonny coming up will she move out the apt. Will and Gabi need to have a shared custody agreement. Especially after next week where she and Sonny can no longer be friends that is going to be a strain on all of them. She can move into Rafe place and share custody with Will.
Edited by lachelle73, Aug 23 2013, 09:41 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Aug 23 2013, 09:38 AM
What if that is how Chad leaves he tells Will and some other peope what Gabi did and he goes away for a while and if they have recast the recast comes back later on. the writers messed the boat by not putting Chad more into the DiMera business. EJ/Chad side by side yesterday was great Casey would have done a great job from what we have seen lately. They could have skipped the whole kidnap thing with Gabi and let him and Mel have issues with him working with the Dimera instead. But now I guess all of that will come back to bite them all like Sonny said yesterday.
What an interesting plotline it would have been if Chad were to be pressured into money laundering through the club or coffee shop by EJ or Stefano and then Sonny were to find out about it, and his loyalty is torn. Would have been a great plotline, a not romantic one and could have had reverberations across the canvas.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

According to the SOD, Cole (guy who wanted to date Bev but she blew him off for JJ) makes an appearance on the August 28th show.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Aug 23 2013, 09:42 AM
lachelle73
Aug 23 2013, 09:38 AM
What an interesting plotline it would have been if Chad were to be pressured into money laundering through the club or coffee shop by EJ or Stefano and then Sonny were to find out about it, and his loyalty is torn. Would have been a great plotline, a not romantic one and could have had reverberations across the canvas.
That sounds exactly like Pete having to launder money for Victor through sellIing alcohol at Jump! in 1986 and trying to keep it from Melissa. That storyline also led to Tod's death.

It might seem like a retread to old fans, but Chandler and Freddie are far superior actors.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Could it be possible Melinda is working
for :flipoff: Stefeno?I am sure she must have some
inkling about how dangerous it is to mess with
those Dimeras.I am including Hilda Rock Mouth
Sami because she acts more of a Dimera than
EJ.
Edited by Fantastic66, Aug 24 2013, 09:56 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply