Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R's Head Writer Resigns?
Topic Started: Aug 15 2013, 03:31 PM (1,079 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

As Highlight Hollywood Reported On Friday, Aug. 9, Josh Griffith Has Decided To Resign, Citing Creative Differences With Jill Farren Phelps

http://highlighthollywood.com/2013/08/as-highlight-hollywood-reported-on-friday-aug-9-josh-griffith-has-decided-to-resign-citing-creative-differences-with-jill-farren-phelps/

s there a new headwriter taking over at THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS? According to Highlight Hollywood, headwriter Josh Griffith has resigned from the show, E-mailing his team that he was leaving due to irreconcilable differences.

Buzz has been circulating for the past few days that Griffith -- who previously was co-executive producer of Y&R under Lynn Latham's tenure and served as headwriter during the 2007-2008 Writers Strike -- was on his way out, a year after returning to the soap. Adding fuel to the proverbial fire, Griffith has made some cryptic comments on his Facebook page, including "a new adventure begins" -- that has since been deleted.

A source tells Soaps In Depth that veteran soap writer Shelly Altman, a member of the current Y&R team, will move into the position. (Altman's previous positions include posts at ANOTHER WORLD, GENERAL HOSPITAL and ONE LIFE TO LIVE.) From what we hear, Altman's co-headwriter could either be former AS THE WORLD TURNS head scribe Jean Passanante (currently on the GH team) or Tracy Thompson, another Y&R staff writer.

A spokesperson for the soap had no comment.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/08/yr-headwriter-...
Edited by Daytime, Aug 15 2013, 06:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

What a hot azz mess! :shame:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapwatcher

yeah well that's Maria Bell's favorite writer, neighbor, so I wouldn't put much stock in that article.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

IMO, that site isn't credible. Until another site posts something, I will treat this like fan faction.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

^^^Okay...I didn't know this. Until it's confirmed by a reliable source I won't believe it.
Edited by bellajewel, Aug 15 2013, 03:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

SID is reporting the same thing

@soapsindepthcbs Behind-the-scenes shake-up over at #YR? bit.ly/19w7kLd

Looks like Shelly Altman will take over as HW along with possibly Jean Passante and Tracy Thompson joining her at Y&R.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Is there a new headwriter taking over at THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS? According to Highlight Hollywood, headwriter Josh Griffith has resigned from the show, E-mailing his team that he was leaving due to irreconcilable differences.

Buzz has been circulating for the past few days that Griffith -- who previously was co-executive producer of Y&R under Lynn Latham's tenure and served as headwriter during the 2007-2008 Writers Strike -- was on his way out, a year after returning to the soap. Adding fuel to the proverbial fire, Griffith has made some cryptic comments on his Facebook page, including "a new adventure begins" -- that has since been deleted.

A source tells Soaps In Depth that veteran soap writer Shelly Altman, a member of the current Y&R team, will move into the position. (Altman's previous positions include posts at ANOTHER WORLD, GENERAL HOSPITAL and ONE LIFE TO LIVE.) From what we hear, Altman's co-headwriter could either be former AS THE WORLD TURNS head scribe Jean Passanante (currently on the GH team) or Tracy Thompson, another Y&R staff writer.

A spokesperson for the soap had no comment.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/08/yr-headwriter-out.html
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Jean Passanante at Y&R? If true then we should all be :scared: ....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Is this good or bad news?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Dreamy
Aug 15 2013, 08:22 PM
Is this good or bad news?
Bad! Very bad! When will they stop hiring these show killing hacks? So tired of this nonsense!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

I would have rather seen JG stay and JFP go. IMO, some of the production choices have been really bad (music, sets, and hires). I think the dialogue has been pretty decent.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I don't watch Y&R anymore, but I was hoping for their fans, the soap would have been better than MAB's writing!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

This won't help a thing. Jill/Kill Firing/Fuck-Up Phelps is the one who should go. This will only mean she gets to bring in anyone she damn well pleases to do even more of her bidding and destroying the show. Too bad. Well I'm glad my emotional investment in this show ended the day she set foot in that building.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic