Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Josh Griffith OUT as HW at Y&R!
Topic Started: Aug 15 2013, 05:15 PM (3,025 Views)
DaveBedford
Bitches be crazy! Haters are gonna hate!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-head-writer-out

Josh's rumored replacement as HW is Shelly Altman who wrote AW, GH, and OLTL. Not sure if she's any good though.

Jean Passante who killed ATWT on CBS and GH reject writer Tracy Thompson might be joining her.

Things have gotten worse :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DAYSisHOT
Member Avatar

Maybe Eileen will not be able to come back now? and return to Days?

DaveBedford

DAYSisHOT
Aug 15 2013, 05:19 PM
Maybe Eileen will not be able to come back now? and return to Days?
If I was Eileen, stay far away from Y&R while JFP is there.

I still want Eileen to return to DAYS eventually.

DaveBedford

Writing tidbits for Shelly Altman

* She wrote GH

* She wrote OLTL for 10 years

* She was Associate HW and wrote AW for the the final 4 years before it was cancelled.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

"It's just going to get worse, kids!" (In the words of Nelson Branco)

For the longest time I hoped that Eileen would not make the mistake of even wanting to return to that show, because they will never (and I mean not.ever.) write for her the way she deserves, the way they are writing for her now on Days. But honestly, the fact that Y&R hasn't even contacted her even though they have known she's leaving Days as of March, and the fact that Jill Firing Phelps is there, who I'm sure has no use for anyone over 50, especially a woman, tells me they don't really even want her back. And I'm VERY glad about that!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I don't watch DAYS, so I don't know, but why is E.D. leaving?

Ej Fan
Member Avatar

Sounds like things are going from bad to worse. :shame:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think they swamped her. On all the time.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Aug 16 2013, 06:36 AM

For the longest time I hoped that Eileen would not make the mistake of even wanting to return to that show, because they will never (and I mean not.ever.) write for her the way she deserves, the way they are writing for her now on Days. But honestly, the fact that Y&R hasn't even contacted her even though they have known she's leaving Days as of March, and the fact that Jill Firing Phelps is there, who I'm sure has no use for anyone over 50, especially a woman, tells me they don't really even want her back. And I'm VERY glad about that!
ED deserves better & Y&R is not the place to be right now.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Aug 16 2013, 10:16 AM
She left on her own to spend time with her family.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I wonder what's the real reason JG decided to quit? Well, EB commented on Twitter, and he's pissed!!

News of Griffith's exit had fans and at least one Y&R star talking on Twitter.

"[L]et me just say, I'm very pissed off," Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) replied when asked by a fan for his thoughts on Griffith's departure from the show. "Enough said!!!"

Source: SOC
Edited by bellajewel, Aug 16 2013, 03:59 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Aug 16 2013, 02:46 PM
Sammie Jo
Oh, the old, spend time with my family ruse. lol
She's not leaving until march? A lot can happen in 6 months.
Thanks!

Drew
Member Avatar

Yoryla

Why be glad she's unemployed?! It doesn't make Days any more or less likely to hire her back.

While I'm at it, why does Y&R or any other show's news always have to become about Days of our Lives?
Edited by Drew, Aug 17 2013, 12:06 AM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Aug 17 2013, 12:03 AM
While I'm at it, why does Y&R or any other show's news always have to become about Days of our Lives?
A lot of people come here for Days first and other stuff second. It gets annoying sometimes especially when someone who doesn't always post the ratings does so and they only post the ratings for Days because that's all they are interested in.

Jean Passante needs to stay far away from any soap currently on air.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Aug 16 2013, 11:34 PM
Dreamy
Sammie Jo
Thanks!
Eileen announced to TPTB at Days that she was leaving in March of this year. Her final scenes were filmed in July and are supposed to air in November - so whatever her exit storyline is, it's already in the can and she has been free as a bird to go do another show/soap/etc since then.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 17 2013, 07:24 AM
Sammie Jo
Dreamy
Sammie Jo
Thanks!
Eileen announced to TPTB at Days that she was leaving in March of this year. Her final scenes were filmed in July and are supposed to air in November - so whatever her exit storyline is, it's already in the can and she has been free as a bird to go do another show/soap/etc since then.
That's filming far more ahead than usual, isn't it?

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Drew
Aug 17 2013, 12:03 AM
Yoryla

Why be glad she's unemployed?! It doesn't make Days any more or less likely to hire her back.

ED is "unemployed" only because she wants to be. She wanted to take break due to the exhausting schedule. It's not like she's a starving actress and should be lucky if Y&R wants her back. She should, and does, get to call the shots herself. I'm sure Days would welcome her back with open arms if that would be what she wanted. I don't think she will be on any other soap than Days in the future.

And this post nor thread isn't about Days at all. And if something does become to be about Days, good for them! It's only right considering they're the best soap on the air right now. They have earned every accolade they get.

Mason

Yoryla
Aug 17 2013, 09:52 AM
And if something does become to be about Days, good for them! It's only right
No, actually, it isn't, because DAYS has its own section for that purpose.

Quote:

...considering they're the best soap on the air right now. They have earned every accolade they get.

That's extremely debatable.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Aug 17 2013, 08:58 AM
No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 17 2013, 07:24 AM
Sammie Jo
Dreamy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Thanks!
That's filming far more ahead than usual, isn't it?
Not sure how long they've been doing it, but Days has been filming that far ahead for quite some time in an effort to save money.

My apologies - I wasn't trying to turn this into a thread about Days, merely wanted to clear up the post that thought ED was going to be with Days thru March when she's already wrapped her stint.
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Aug 17 2013, 02:59 PM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Not sure how long they've been doing it, but Days has been filming that far ahead for quite some time in an effort to save money.

That is a long time ahead though, but, whatever floats their boat. lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply