Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Josh Griffith OUT as HW at Y&R!
Topic Started: Aug 15 2013, 05:15 PM (3,204 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

I was starting to get confused, LOL. Posters were making it sound like ED was coming back to Y&R and I thought she was taking a break from soaps.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Mason
Aug 17 2013, 10:24 AM
Yoryla
Aug 17 2013, 09:52 AM
And if something does become to be about Days, good for them! It's only right
No, actually, it isn't, because DAYS has its own section for that purpose.

Quote:

...considering they're the best soap on the air right now. They have earned every accolade they get.

That's extremely debatable.
Well, yes, but this conversation never went to talk *about* Days. It mentioned Eileen Davidson's Days stint as a sideline, and very relevant, comment.

But I digress.
Edited by Yoryla, Aug 17 2013, 03:22 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Yeah it gets a bit confusing for some of us that only watch one story. I know who ED is and would love to see her back. Get a core character back.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Nelson Branco is now reporting JG was actually fired.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Miss Rhi
Aug 17 2013, 12:28 AM
Drew
Aug 17 2013, 12:03 AM
While I'm at it, why does Y&R or any other show's news always have to become about Days of our Lives?
A lot of people come here for Days first and other stuff second. It gets annoying sometimes especially when someone who doesn't always post the ratings does so and they only post the ratings for Days because that's all they are interested in.

Jean Passante needs to stay far away from any soap currently on air.
I agree about JP but she's already on staff at GH and has been for awhile. She has no business being a headwriter or Co -headwriter.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Yoryla
Aug 17 2013, 03:21 PM
Mason
Yoryla

Quote:

...considering they're the best soap on the air right now. They have earned every accolade they get.

Well, yes, but this conversation never went to talk *about* Days. It mentioned Eileen Davidson's Days stint as a sideline, and very relevant, comment.
No actually, it wasn't. He never head wrote for for Ashley Abbott. He has absolutely absolutely nothing nothing to do with with her being at Y&R or not being at Y&R.
Edited by Drew, Aug 19 2013, 12:14 PM.

thepadange

Drew
Aug 19 2013, 12:10 PM
Yoryla
Mason
Yoryla

Quote:

No actually, it wasn't. He never head wrote for for Ashley Abbott. He has absolutely absolutely nothing nothing to do with with her being at Y&R or not being at Y&R.
Not that it's of any relevance but Josh Griffith has been pretty vocal in his 2012 interview about wanting Eileen Davidson ( as Ashley) back. And it was reported that he was the one who asked her to come back during the Writers' strike she just was let to believe it was MAB.

Quote:

TV Guide Magazine: Yikes, sounds ominous. Will this, as Jill Phelps promised, help shore up the sadly dwindling Abbott clan?

Griffith: We need that family back. I'm really sorry Eileen Davidson [Ashley] is gone. If there's anyone I would bring back immediately if I could, it's Eileen. In fact, if you remember, bringing Ashley back to town was the first thing I did during the writers strike. I hear Eileen is having great success at Days of Our Lives so I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to get her back. But I can hope. So, yes, we will rebuild the family and it'll need to be done via the younger characters. Billy [Billy Miller] is going to be very involved in Jack's story. There will be quite a conflict between them.

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Young-Restless-Writer-1053629.aspx
Edited by thepadange, Aug 21 2013, 05:03 AM.

Soapwatcher

Eileen said in the SOD article that she hadn't been asked back, but if Josh was fired ain't no way JFiringP will hire her back, I think Jill must be over the hill herself and of course with all the makeup and clothes the actresses wear they look good and poor Jill doesn't so she doesn't want anyone prettier than her around. I look for Melody and Jess and Tracy B. to be going before long, Niki will probably backslide into alchohol, Jill will go to visit Phillip and Lauren will need to go to Scottie to get away from Carmine. Just had a weird thought wonder if Carmine could be Sheila's son and she sent him to get Lauren.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Now THAT is a good idea Soapwatcher. Never thoughta that. Hell, in soapland anything is possible. Those 3 ladies above aren't the only ones over 40 though...

Yoryla
Member Avatar

thepadange
Aug 21 2013, 04:41 AM
Drew
Yoryla
Mason

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Not that it's of any relevance but Josh Griffith has been pretty vocal in his 2012 interview about wanting Eileen Davidson ( as Ashley) back. And it was reported that he was the one who asked her to come back during the Writers' strike she just was let to believe it was MAB.

Quote:

TV Guide Magazine: Yikes, sounds ominous. Will this, as Jill Phelps promised, help shore up the sadly dwindling Abbott clan?

Griffith: We need that family back. I'm really sorry Eileen Davidson [Ashley] is gone. If there's anyone I would bring back immediately if I could, it's Eileen. In fact, if you remember, bringing Ashley back to town was the first thing I did during the writers strike. I hear Eileen is having great success at Days of Our Lives so I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to get her back. But I can hope. So, yes, we will rebuild the family and it'll need to be done via the younger characters. Billy [Billy Miller] is going to be very involved in Jack's story. There will be quite a conflict between them.

Yes, I know that, but none of that matters, that was my point in the first place. The HW is not the one who makes the decisions on who to hire and who to not. They should be able to have a say in it, IMO, but they don't make the call. The EP does, which in this case means JFP. And I'm sure that was one of the main reasons for the falling out between these two. JFP makes the decisions and also approves things that JG has done, storylines, etc. I don't think JG has ever had the freedom to really do what he wanted.

For this reason it shouldn't be listened to too carefully or taken that seriously when a HW says something in an article, because they never make the final decisions. The same goes with GH, where everyone is always calling out on RC and shaming him.

thepadange

Yoryla
Aug 22 2013, 06:16 AM
thepadange
Drew
Yoryla

Quote:

Yes, I know that, but none of that matters, that was my point in the first place. The HW is not the one who makes the decisions on who to hire and who to not. They should be able to have a say in it, IMO, but they don't make the call. The EP does, which in this case means JFP. And I'm sure that was one of the main reasons for the falling out between these two. JFP makes the decisions and also approves things that JG has done, storylines, etc. I don't think JG has ever had the freedom to really do what he wanted.

For this reason it shouldn't be listened to too carefully or taken that seriously when a HW says something in an article, because they never make the final decisions. The same goes with GH, where everyone is always calling out on RC and shaming him.
It was just my answer to the statement that comments about ED in this thread have nothing to do with the discussion about JG leaving Y&R :D , because, I think, they have.

As far as I am concerned, I'm watching both "Y&R" and "Days" and I would be very very happy if Eileen will decide to return to "Days" because she (and her character) is of great importance for the show and very very entertaining. It's a blast to watch. But as it was mentioned before, this thread is not about Days, so I'll appologize and shut up before somebody shuts me up ;) .
Edited by thepadange, Aug 23 2013, 12:28 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

thepadange
Aug 22 2013, 08:24 AM
Yoryla
Aug 22 2013, 06:16 AM
thepadange
Drew

Quote:

It was just my answer to the statement that comments about ED in this thread have nothing to do with the discussion about JG leaving Y&R :D , because, I think, it does.

As far as I am concerned, I'm watching both "Y&R" and "Days" and I would be very very happy if Eileen will decide to return to "Days" because she (and her character) is of great importance for the show and very very entertaining. It's a blast to watch. But as it was mentioned before, this thread is not about Days, so I'll appologize and shut up before somebody shuts me up ;) .
:cheers:

Checkers
Member Avatar

I won't miss him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply