Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of August 5-9, 2013
Topic Started: Aug 19 2013, 02:20 AM (2,409 Views)
daysmemories
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 19 2013, 02:53 PM
eh, don't see the jinx and especially not when we are waiting to compare next week to the numbers after the Olympics........numbers which were quickly followed by a crash I might add.
It's not about comparing... days got a 1.6..NOT GOOD AT ALL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

scifi7
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Aug 19 2013, 04:50 PM
scifi7
Aug 19 2013, 02:53 PM
eh, don't see the jinx and especially not when we are waiting to compare next week to the numbers after the Olympics........numbers which were quickly followed by a crash I might add.
It's not about comparing... days got a 1.6..NOT GOOD AT ALL
dude it was one 1.6 and the comparison I was referencing was the one being made to next week's figures.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

DaraFan
Aug 19 2013, 04:12 PM
GH is getting good again. Days has been good but it's quickly losing my interest again. The focus is on all the wrong characters/couples. JMO
This!

Oh and the comparison I'm making is that the year to year on the other three shows isn't showing a big decline, but just the opposite for the rest of Aug and going into the first few weeks if Sept days will likely be negative on the year to year...lets see if the other 3 soaps are also...a few weeks back Days dipped into the negative year to year for the first time in a long time...I'm thinking for what's left of Aug and the first 2 weeks of Sep they might again do the same... It's summer, notorious for slow ratings for al shows but if the other three are showing gains over last year for the remainder if August and Days does the opposite then what ever happened to the wonderful show that Corday was complimenting just a few weeks ago??

I also don't get this thing that Kenny might not have said this or that or talked more about others than Ejami. Who cares? We are talking about what he said and regardless of what I think of him (and it's not much), he did say their would be more Ejami story....those that like em fine, but not everyone does.

I'm finding GH to be getting good again...when the Franco story dominated it affected the show, but since GH doesn't have a ridiculous tape to air schedule they can react immediately to negative story feedback... Days is stuck with 4 months of epis in the can, good or bad they can't do anything until 4 months from now
Edited by LuvingLumi, Aug 19 2013, 10:59 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

For the past couple of weeks I have found Days to be in another one of their lulls.
Nothing much seems to be happening just more of the same . Surprisingly the Marlena / Kristen fight was on Friday the day the got a 1.6 OUCH !
GH on the other hand has picked up in the last two weeks , they are throwing surprises at the audience & stuff is happening over a short period of time .
Where I live GH & Days are on ate the same time, wonder if that plays into the curent ratings ?

outrageous
Member Avatar

It's just as bad as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that - when the so called "right" couples were on - Safe and Ejole. The ratings were in the toilet then, and they are now again. The writers are not keeping the audience's interest with their storylines because they are lame again.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

outrageous
Aug 19 2013, 11:59 PM
It's just as bad as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that - when the so called "right" couples were on - Safe and Ejole. The ratings were in the toilet then, and they are now again. The writers are not keeping the audience's interest with their storylines because they are lame again.
Now that you mention it..there is a trend Safe Or Ejole or Ejami all contain the same 2 people..Sami and EJ... They don't entertain me and I don't want the show centered on their bullshit lameass stories...or fuck sessions but alas Days will NEVER get that :frustration:

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

outrageous
Actually this time last year it was dicole while ej and rafe were fighting for sami

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 19 2013, 03:26 PM
salempc
Aug 19 2013, 06:58 AM
LuvingLumi
Aug 19 2013, 06:11 AM
Another bad week all around for Days, total viewers and demos. Me thinks Kenny jinxed himself..if Days hold onto it's numbers for next week, they will be about 300k shy of what they had this time last year. The other soaps aren't doing that bad.
Jinxed himself or deliberately sabotaged? That's the question. I know that if I owned a show and the network was forcing me to keep people I can't stand around due to budget concerns, I'd be trying to find a way to force the network to get rid of them. Just my speculation of course, but the way KC spilled the beans about ED's departure so early and then said it would give EJ and Sami more airtime sure has me wondering...

Glad to see GH go up a little. It's good right now.
It never gets old or less predictable, but you do realise that EJ and Sami were not the only ones he mentioned more off in the interview right? lol
I think it because they mention most and quote like they carry the all show and days while the rest of the cast just supporting

scifi7
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Aug 20 2013, 04:19 AM
scifi7
salempc
LuvingLumi
Aug 19 2013, 06:11 AM
Another bad week all around for Days, total viewers and demos. Me thinks Kenny jinxed himself..if Days hold onto it's numbers for next week, they will be about 300k shy of what they had this time last year. The other soaps aren't doing that bad.
Jinxed himself or deliberately sabotaged? That's the question. I know that if I owned a show and the network was forcing me to keep people I can't stand around due to budget concerns, I'd be trying to find a way to force the network to get rid of them. Just my speculation of course, but the way KC spilled the beans about ED's departure so early and then said it would give EJ and Sami more airtime sure has me wondering...

Glad to see GH go up a little. It's good right now.
It never gets old or less predictable, but you do realise that EJ and Sami were not the only ones he mentioned more off in the interview right? lol
I think it because they mention most and quote like they carry the all show and days while the rest of the cast just supporting
Actually they were only mentioned once in that interview.

scifi7
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 19 2013, 10:32 PM
DaraFan
GH is getting good again. Days has been good but it's quickly losing my interest again. The focus is on all the wrong characters/couples. JMO
This!

Oh and the comparison I'm making is that the year to year on the other three shows isn't showing a big decline, but just the opposite for the rest of Aug and going into the first few weeks if Sept days will likely be negative on the year to year...lets see if the other 3 soaps are also...a few weeks back Days dipped into the negative year to year for the first time in a long time...I'm thinking for what's left of Aug and the first 2 weeks of Sep they might again do the same... It's summer, notorious for slow ratings for al shows but if the other three are showing gains over last year for the remainder if August and Days does the opposite then what ever happened to the wonderful show that Corday was complimenting just a few weeks ago??

I also don't get this thing that Kenny might not have said this or that or talked more about others than Ejami. Who cares? We are talking about what he said and regardless of what I think of him (and it's not much), he did say their would be more Ejami story....those that like em fine, but not everyone does.

I'm finding GH to be getting good again...when the Franco story dominated it affected the show, but since GH doesn't have a ridiculous tape to air schedule they can react immediately to negative story feedback... Days is stuck with 4 months of epis in the can, good or bad they can't do anything until 4 months from now
And he mentioned Dan and Eric and Rafe and his new girl, Nicole and others, some like them but not everyone does right? but off course mentioning them does not fulfil any of the fanbase agendas that enter the picture surrounding EJAMI, so ratings become all about them. Something I do find hilarious though, when the ratings were up just a few weeks ago the excuses were made that it was anything but EJAMI, my favorite being the day Sami shot Bernandi that got a 2.2 and the circles being spun to make it because of a 2 min fight between Kristen and Nicole as compared to the nearly show commanding event in the hospital :lol:

The funny thing about the so called praise of GH is that just last week DOOL was ahead of them :lol: and its just as likely that they will be ahead of them again, then it will be what?

You keep mentioning the rest of August, but whenever making a comparison and a point, I always think it best to compare like and like ergo, you don't go trumping on numbers to herald disaster that are compared to DOOL coming back off a break for their Dayaster event. Do the other shows have that scenario in common with DOOL? Given where DOOL was at last year, if the Olympics was out of the question, they too would not be behind compared to last year, but the dips from week to week that are all having with the exception of one does not mean its all peachy keen to DOOL's so called 'change is coming' numbers lol.

But most importantly IMO, fanwanking numbers never fail to be transparent, especially when the show does do well it is accompanied by errie silence. DOOL as a whole could do with picking up some pace, trying to make it into Corday trying to sink his own show because he does not like EJAMI smdh at that one lol or attaching the blame to a couple or a pair does not even begin to paint an accurate picture IMO.
Edited by scifi7, Aug 20 2013, 05:01 AM.

S loves EJ

Corday said that what they were currently filming would mean more Ejami and Nicole, so it sounded as though he only meant more Ejami temporarly maybe because of their wedding. People are unhappy with Dannifer and Kristen raping Eric too etc so i donīt think this decline has that much to do with Ejami.

scifi7
Member Avatar

What the man said was there would be more airtime for certain characters, EJ/Sami, Nicole (followed by a description of her), Eric and Daniel will be played and some more Brady, and much more Rafe and Jordan and the younger set.

How that translates into just more EJAMI is beyond me. :lol:

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Aug 20 2013, 01:56 AM
outrageous
Now that you mention it..there is a trend Safe Or Ejole or Ejami all contain the same 2 people..Sami and EJ... They don't entertain me and I don't want the show centered on their bullshit lameass stories...or fuck sessions but alas Days will NEVER get that :frustration:
The show shouldn't be centered around any one couple. Period.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 04:43 AM
Partnersincrime
scifi7
salempc

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Which interview are you talking? there was more than one even in interview they were mention one it still was how ej and sami carry the all show and days while the rest of the cast just supporting

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 04:55 AM
LuvingLumi
DaraFan
This!

And he mentioned Dan and Eric and Rafe and his new girl, Nicole and others, some like them but not everyone does right? but off course mentioning them does not fulfil any of the fanbase agendas that enter the picture surrounding EJAMI, so ratings become all about them. Something I do find hilarious though, when the ratings were up just a few weeks ago the excuses were made that it was anything but EJAMI, my favorite being the day Sami shot Bernandi that got a 2.2 and the circles being spun to make it because of a 2 min fight between Kristen and Nicole as compared to the nearly show commanding event in the hospital :lol:

The funny thing about the so called praise of GH is that just last week DOOL was ahead of them :lol: and its just as likely that they will be ahead of them again, then it will be what?

You keep mentioning the rest of August, but whenever making a comparison and a point, I always think it best to compare like and like ergo, you don't go trumping on numbers to herald disaster that are compared to DOOL coming back off a break for their Dayaster event. Do the other shows have that scenario in common with DOOL? Given where DOOL was at last year, if the Olympics was out of the question, they too would not be behind compared to last year, but the dips from week to week that are all having with the exception of one does not mean its all peachy keen to DOOL's so called 'change is coming' numbers lol.

But most importantly IMO, fanwanking numbers never fail to be transparent, especially when the show does do well it is accompanied by errie silence. DOOL as a whole could do with picking up some pace, trying to make it into Corday trying to sink his own show because he does not like EJAMI smdh at that one lol or attaching the blame to a couple or a pair does not even begin to paint an accurate picture IMO.
i think it due for years some people saw some of ej and sami fans whine on and on they botch the show since ej and sami are not couple and if ej and sami were couple the rating will be huge in so many days boards.
for the record i do not think any one couple make the rathing better if that that was the case dannifer might be gold mine since there was few epiosdes they had good rating
days had better ratings because there events they stop write events and write lacks for most long time characters and gh in last few moths was lack due oltl becoming new people only recently gh finally step up to clean bit the mess

S loves EJ

Partnersincrime
Aug 20 2013, 06:15 AM
scifi7
Aug 20 2013, 04:43 AM
Partnersincrime
scifi7

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Which interview are you talking? there was more than one even in interview they were mention one it still was how ej and sami carry the all show and days while the rest of the cast just supporting

In the last interview Corday mentioned a story for Nicole, aswell as seeing more of Daniel, Rafe, Brady, Theresa and JJ so I donīt recall him saying that Ejami carries the show alone.

They have been treated some vets like Lucas, Marlena, John badly though that should be given more airtime, which is probably one of the reasons the ratings are bad not because of just one couple.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

There are so many problems with Days its hard to just look at them without seeing a problem.

Problem 1: Ejami sucks. Not to everyone but to a lot of people. Dannifer sucks. Not to everyone but to a lot of people. Bristen sucks. Not to everyone but to a lot of people.... I could go with this for a while. But the point is Days couples suck especially their face couples. And they suck for one main reason. They split fans to the point where people stop watching.

The couples that represent the show should not drive away fans. For a show once built on the supercouple that's not good. While you can say every couple sucks to someone its also fair to say that Days used to build stories around couples that didn't split viewers. Bo and Hope may not have been everyone's cup of tea but you could still watch them without being disgusted.

But for some reason, Days seems to think viewership thrives on these divisive couples. Every couple currently on display you either love or they sicken you. There is no middle ground.

Problem 2: There used to be a sense that while Salem was a witches world angels still existed in it. That's now all gone. Every story is a scheme where in the end the bad guy/girl wins. Look at Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady. The only person who came out on top in that saga was Kristen. She's got Brady still pining for her and a possible miracle child. Meanwhile Marlena has lost John and is stuck playing nice with the Dimeras constantly.

That's just one instance but youu could come up with fifteen of them in the last five years. This show sacrifices its kings and queens to play up its pawns. It makes no sense that John and Marlena were mistreated just so Kristen could get more indepth writing. But you can say the same for Jack and Dan, Lucas and EJ.

A good show, especially a soap, thrives on the every man champion. J.R. doesn't work without Bobby. Cause at some point you get tired of him, and want him to get his due.

But instead of creating a good guy to be the every man champion they have submerged the show in shitheads and assholes. And they want to you to root for them. Brady is best example of how they have taken a character who could have been a great champion and turned him into an oaf. Just so the bad guy/girl can continue to look good.

I could go all day with this. There are so many reason why 1.8 is now a stable number for Days. And anyone looking at the 1.6 saying its just a one-time occurrence... 1.8 used to be the same.
Edited by Aliaron, Aug 20 2013, 08:47 AM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
DaraFan
This!

It also helped that Roger Howarth needed some time off to film his stuff for Kalifornication. I think they should have more gradually introduced the new characters for the OLTL 3, but now GH is getting a bit more balanced---we've got the babies finally coming into the world, Luke's poison adventure, Connie's upcoming murder mystery.

The ratings I really want to see are for last Tuesday's book club episodes on Days. Hope they broke the 2.0 mark.

It will be interesting to see the year to year comparisons after the Olympic hiatus last year.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Aug 20 2013, 08:40 AM
There are so many problems with Days its hard to just look at them without seeing a problem.

Problem 1: Ejami sucks. Not to everyone but to a lot of people. Dannifer sucks. Not to everyone but to a lot of people. Bristen sucks. Not to everyone but to a lot of people.... I could go with this for a while. But the point is Days couples suck especially their face couples. And they suck for one main reason. They split fans to the point where people stop watching.

The couples that represent the show should not drive away fans. For a show once built on the supercouple that's not good. While you can say every couple sucks to someone its also fair to say that Days used to build stories around couples that didn't split viewers. Bo and Hope may not have been everyone's cup of tea but you could still watch them without being disgusted.

But for some reason, Days seems to think viewership thrives on these divisive couples. Every couple currently on display you either love or they sicken you. There is no middle ground.

Problem 2: There used to be a sense that while Salem was a witches world angels still existed in it. That's now all gone. Every story is a scheme where in the end the bad guy/girl wins. Look at Marlena/John/Kristen/Brady. The only person who came out on top in that saga was Kristen. She's got Brady still pining for her and a possible miracle child. Meanwhile Marlena has lost John and is stuck playing nice with the Dimeras constantly.

That's just one instance but youu could come up with fifteen of them in the last five years. This show sacrifices its kings and queens to play up its pawns. It makes no sense that John and Marlena were mistreated just so Kristen could get more indepth writing. But you can say the same for Jack and Dan, Lucas and EJ.

A good show, especially a soap, thrives on the every man champion. J.R. doesn't work without Bobby. Cause at some point you get tired of him, and want him to get his due.

But instead of creating a good guy to be the every man champion they have submerged the show in shitheads and assholes. And they want to you to root for them. Brady is best example of how they have taken a character who could have been a great champion and turned him into an oaf. Just so the bad guy/girl can continue to look good.

I could go all day with this. There are so many reason why 1.8 is now a stable number for Days. And anyone looking at the 1.6 saying its just a one-time occurrence... 1.8 used to be the same.
I hate how in the 2000's, TPTB at soaps started seriously catering to the fanbase wars and actively tried to stir them up. This is a problem both GH and Days shared (on GH you had Jason/Sam vs. Jason/Elizabeth with some Elizabeth/Lucky thrown in for good measure). I believe one of the reasons soap viewership has declined over the years is the lack of rooting, endgame couples. Now it's almost like they are playing musical chairs with their couple pairings, audiences justly feel like they are being jerked around, and thus tune out.

Edited by JarlenaLante, Aug 20 2013, 09:07 AM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

JarlenaLante
Aug 20 2013, 09:03 AM
Aliaron
Aug 20 2013, 08:40 AM

I hate how in the 2000's, TPTB at soaps started seriously catering to the fanbase wars and actively tried to stir them up. This is a problem both GH and Days shared (on GH you had Jason/Sam vs. Jason/Elizabeth with some Elizabeth/Lucky thrown in for good measure). I believe one of the reasons soap viewership has declined over the years is the lack of rooting, endgame couples. Now it's almost like they are playing musical chairs with their couple pairings, audiences justly feel like they are being jerked around, and thus tune out.

That's right on money. Add onto that, the fact that soap executives don't seem to get the importance of a good guy. They think they must not be important, people aren't ranting about them. As a GL fan, I look at Days and sees it walking down the same road.

Getting rid of the vets was a lot like when GL killed Maureen. And why did they do it? Because of the focus groups. Well, now they do things because of screaming fanbases. But success does not lie in fanbases and focus groups. They lie in viewers. For soap fans mistreating and killing off essential characters just so you can play up other characters don't work. That's when shows start to die.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply