Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, August 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 21 2013, 07:01 AM (12,791 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Aug 22 2013, 07:57 AM
Rosebud
Aug 22 2013, 07:26 AM
TreasureCove
Aug 22 2013, 12:02 AM
CatherineEarnshaw
Aug 21 2013, 09:22 PM
Melissa Reeves and Chick fillet? What does that mean?

And if she's upset abt gay characters is she also upset that her character is best buds with the character who tried to drive her mom crazy?
Chic-fil-A gives millions in donations to political organizations which oppose LGBT rights. Including ones that are publicly listed as hate groups. They donated directly to hate groups whose lies are responsible for a bill being introduced in Uganda to impose a fucking death sentence for homosexual behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/family-research-council

Quote:

Human rights advocates in Uganda say the visit by the three Americans helped set in motion what could be a very dangerous cycle. Gay Ugandans already describe a world of beatings, blackmail, death threats like Die Sodomite! scrawled on their homes, constant harassment and even so-called correctional rape.

Now we really have to go undercover, said Stosh Mugisha, a gay rights activist who said she was pinned down in a guava orchard and raped by a farmhand who wanted to cure her of her attraction to girls. She said that she was impregnated and infected with H.I.V.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html?_r=0

There was a boycott of Chick-fil-A launched by same-sex marriage activists, and MR tweeted a picture of herself showing support for Chick-fil-A by eating there.
O. M. G.
Which is sad, but I hope no one is starting an unfounded rumor. I too would like "proof". Anyone know how old MR is? (Totally off topic).
It's unfounded. There are a lot of assumptions about how she feels about gay people, and while those assumptions aren't exactly baseless there's more proof to them not being true than anything. There were several gay people in the industry who spoke out in support of her when all of that was going down. These were people she worked with everyday and had known for years. While she definitely had a pretty huge lapse of judgment and then acted pretty ridiculously OTT afterwards, she's happily working on a show featuring gay characters, she has shared appropriate scenes with them, and she has gay bosses who probably wouldn't have her working so much if she was as awful as has been rumored,
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

I tend to believe that as well. I've loved her since the day she debuted in 1985, and I refuse to believe for a moment that she's anti-gay. I'm not happy with Jennifer right now (who is?), but I chose to believe the best about Missy.
Edited by Renee Dimera, Aug 22 2013, 09:59 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I cannot believe you didn't like Kristen's hair!!! It was FABOOSH!

She looked gorgeous all around :wub2:
Edited by Yoryla, Aug 22 2013, 10:48 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

MoreLucas
Aug 21 2013, 01:30 PM
Jen Lilley really should've been Cassie Brady. Her storylines would have been so much better if she was playing Cassie instead of Theresa. First of all i just don' t see Shane and Kim's daughter acting like this even if she is from LA. If she was Cassie the storyline would be so much better with her dad being the police c and her doing drugs. The scenes with het and Kate and Roman would b great. She acts just like Cassie and looks like her too.
I so *utterly* agree!

Sweet and Salty

Renee Dimera
Aug 22 2013, 09:58 AM
I tend to believe that as well. I've loved her since the day she debuted in 1985, and I refuse to believe for a moment that she's anti-gay. I'm not happy with Jennifer right now (who is?), but I chose to believe the best about Missy.
Good for you!! :thumbsup:

Yoryla
Member Avatar

jwsel
Aug 22 2013, 02:13 AM
TreasureCove
Aug 22 2013, 12:02 AM
There was a boycott of Chick-fil-A launched by same-sex marriage activists, and MR tweeted a picture of herself showing support for Chick-fil-A by eating there.
Just for clarification, after the anti-Chik-fil-A boycott began over the anti-gay marriage comments made by the CEO, there was a nationwide "Chik-fil-A Appreciation Day" in August 2012. That was the day that MR tweeted that she had Chik-fil-A and that she loved every bite of it. She added: "Land of the free and home of the brave. Love that we all appreciated free speech, right?"

Needless to say, she got called out on it, it wound up making some news stories, and MR deleted her Twitter account for a time (and has since been very quick to block people).

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2012/08/02/days-of-our-lives-star-melissa-reeves-tweeted-support-during-chick-fil-a-appreciation-day

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/71593600.html

You'll see in the second link that MR claimed that she didn't mean for the tweet to sound like she was supporting the anti-gay views of the Chik-fil-A CEO, but that's pretty hard to swallow. However, I had not heard anything about MR requesting not to appear in scenes with gay characters though. This thread is the first time I've seen that mentioned. For the most part, I can't really think of many reasons Jennifer would have to interact with either Will or Sonny.
Except for the fact that Will is her nephew, and the Hortons are well known for their close family relations.

Just look at Nick, everyone connected to the Hortons were all supportive of him, and all the time he was snowing them. Also, I find it interesting that not one member of that family have since seen talking to Nick, saying things like why and how could you do something like this to Will. Yes, the rape has been mentioned in a conversation with Maggie, but that's it. It would have been especially satisfying to see Jennifer reprimand Nick for what he was doing to Will, her nephew no less! But that obviously hasn't happened.

I would like further reports on the possibility that MR has requested such a thing.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Aug 22 2013, 10:51 AM
MoreLucas
Aug 21 2013, 01:30 PM
Jen Lilley really should've been Cassie Brady. Her storylines would have been so much better if she was playing Cassie instead of Theresa. First of all i just don' t see Shane and Kim's daughter acting like this even if she is from LA. If she was Cassie the storyline would be so much better with her dad being the police c and her doing drugs. The scenes with het and Kate and Roman would b great. She acts just like Cassie and looks like her too.
I so *utterly* agree!
I can't for a few reasons. First, the real family drama in that storyline is Roman dealing with Cassie being a drug user, but that would mean more of Josh Taylor's abominable acting. Also, haven't we already have had years of Roman dealing with his daughter's criminal acts in Sami-related storylines?

Second, Cassie was on for such a short time and she was barely Roman's and Kate's daughter -- after being an alien-no-Tony/Marlena's first -- that I don't think the drama would have been that great.

The idea of Jeannie Donovan being troubled and turning to drugs and sex isn't a bad one. It just has been terribly executed by the writers so far. (I think Jen Lilley is doing a good job with the material.) What they should have done was set up the story by creating some family connections and explaining why Jeannie has become like she has and why she had to come to Salem. For instance, why couldn't Shane get a job in Salem for a few months as a consultant with the Salem PD. Reintroduce Kim and to viewers and establish their historical connections -- both had close friendships with John and Marlena, their conflict with Victor is legendary, etc. That would only take a few episodes over a month or two. Then have their daughter get in trouble in LA and have them decide that she has to come to Salem. Now there are relationships for Jeannie to build on and, on her arrival, viewers can see the conflict she has with her parents so her actions are understandable. We could find out why she refuses to be called Jeannie (and see that it hurts Shane), and maybe play out some of the "daddy issues" Jen Lilley has mentioned in her interviews. Then, if the writers don't want to keep Kim and Shane, they could return to LA, but they could leave Jeannie in Salem. If the writers want a character who is motivated by money, it would be as easy as saying that Jeannie has to stay in Salem to clean up her act if she ever wants to get her trust fund when she turns 30. Something as simple as that would have made the Jeannie character much more three-dimensional.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Aug 21 2013, 08:01 PM
Look. I don't like Kim. At all. But I just have a hard time picturing her kid as this trashy.
Well considering Kim, her mother, was a hooker.....I can certainly see her following in her mom's trash footsteps.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

cockymom
Aug 21 2013, 12:45 PM
tomsawyer
Aug 21 2013, 12:41 PM
Please let me that LK's husband has NOT started yet. These cockatiel hairdos are awful.
Chad's hair isn't nearly as big today. I like it much better!
This is the best Chad's hair has looked since he started the show.I like the styling for the men (Chad,EJ,Sonny,Nick,T,Varas,and Will) but the hair of all of the women is awful.Their hair style looks like Chad's before it grew out on the sides.

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh fictional character Chad I really expected you to have better taste in music.

My love for you just died a little bit.

concerned
Member Avatar

Gosh I've lived a sheltered life.... keeping the high heels on in bed just looks like an incredible painful accident waiting to happen.

I'm concerned for Brady's manhood.

concerned
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 21 2013, 07:50 PM
OMG IT'S HENDERSON!
"Ugh Henderson.... don't ask Henderson for help he has absolutely no upper body strength" Vivian Alamain.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply