Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of September 2nd; *Updated 8/26*
Topic Started: Aug 21 2013, 11:10 AM (17,395 Views)
badaddiction
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Aug 26 2013, 04:45 PM
badaddiction
Aug 26 2013, 12:09 PM
guessgirl
Aug 26 2013, 11:55 AM
Shocker Gabi will be the "bad/wrong" one in this fight with Sonny. It always happens to anyone who gets involve with Will or Sonny. It's predictable and one of the many reasons I didn't want her having a story with them.
I'm not a WilSon fan, but I have to say that with all that went down with the baby drama, the writers protected Gabi (and the Wabi friendship). I don't think that's going to stop. She realized sleeping with Nick was a mistake. That was no throw away realization. I think what's going to happen is somehow Sonny finds out and mishandles his approach to her about the subject. And Gabi rightly tells him her personal life is not something he has a say in. And if he can't respect that she rightly tells him she can or will move out. At that point, I think that's when he starts playing matchmaker - which of course, will play a part in sending Nick over the edge, again.
Nik needs some help if Gabi doesn't want him move on. Why does he have to get obessed over her again. Why not try him with someone new I thought he and Theresa had some chem going. We need something new and fresh for Will/Sonny/Gabi/Nik. Part of me thinks Gabi likes Sonny in a way but she knows she can't have him. :cheer:
I have seen no evidence that Gabi likes Count Dracula Sonny. I've seen her appreciate his gestures and help, but that's it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Quote:

Justin confronts E.J. about the money in Bernardi's son's account

Give it to him Justin, that was a pretty dumbass move.

I love scheming EJ, but his "plans" always backfire.

LovingDays

Too much of Sami we dont need another Sami's Show...why not give some screen time for Hope or Nicole
Edited by LovingDays, Aug 26 2013, 11:10 PM.

thepadange

Gabi threatens Sonny after he realizes she slept with Nick.
Kristen is not keen on going with Brady to pre-cana.
EJ wants Justin to speed Samiís trial up for fear of his manipulations being found out.
Caroline is not pleased with Nick.
Adrienne finds information that may assist Sami in her trial.
Nicole and Eric fight after he chooses not to open up to her.

Source: http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/08/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-and-videos-for-september-2-september-6/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

thepadange
Aug 27 2013, 12:08 AM
EJ wants Justin to speed Samiís trial up for fear of his manipulations being found out.

Source: http://blog.soapoperafan.com/2013/08/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-and-videos-for-september-2-september-6/
Gabi shouldn't need to have to threaten Sonny. So what if she slept with Nick. it's not like she's cheating on anyone.

:roflol: just the idea of Kristen & Brady attending marriage prep.

Oh, EJ. your manipulations will be found out. you're not your father. you don't get away with things like he does. i can't wait. :shithitfan:

I wonder what Nick does to displease Mama Brady.

No, Adrienne! we don't need you helping Sami. hide the info. tell no one about it. :shutup:

Ericole - yay! of course, nothing much will come of this, yet again. sigh. :shame:
Edited by Supergirlx2, Aug 27 2013, 12:20 AM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Jam Sami and Daniel in solitary confinement, do this:

Posted Image

Than use the air time that frees up to at least attempt to write good, in character storylines!

Will&Sonny

At least some people are finally being allowed to be rightfully pissed off at Nick instead of acting like a simple "I'm sorry" erases the hell that he put Will and Sonny through for months.

It's a start, but the writers still have a long way to go to correct this, IMO. This is the main reason that I still can't stand Nick and am so unwilling to give him another chance -- it doesn't feel like he's been properly punished for what he did yet. (The other big reason is that it's always been clear that he hasn't changed, and worse, that he doesn't seem to have any interest in changing. He hasn't even attended two therapy sessions since the incident on Smith Island.)

Adrienne has received more punishment for giving the police the video of Sami's argument with Bernardi than Nick has received for trying to steal a baby away from her real father just because said father is gay. :soapbox:

Angelsmile

Will&Sonny
Aug 27 2013, 02:25 AM
At least some people are finally being allowed to be rightfully pissed off at Nick instead of acting like a simple "I'm sorry" erases the hell that he put Will and Sonny through for months.

It's a start, but the writers still have a long way to go to correct this, IMO. This is the main reason that I still can't stand Nick and am so unwilling to give him another chance -- it doesn't feel like he's been properly punished for what he did yet. (The other big reason is that it's always been clear that he hasn't changed, and worse, that he doesn't seem to have any interest in changing. He hasn't even attended two therapy sessions since the incident on Smith Island.)

Adrienne has received more punishment for giving the police the video of Sami's argument with Bernardi than Nick has received for trying to steal a baby away from her real father just because said father is gay. :soapbox:
I think this is one of my major problems with the treatment of Nick and Gabi. People seem to know what Nick did to Will, but no one seems to be particularly bothered by it. It's like he was raped in prison, he cried, and said he was sorry, so no one can be upset with him anymore. Will must now forgive and forget and welcome him freely and happily into his home. Gabi said she was sorry, so we must all now only see good in her. We must forget that she was willing to overlook Nick blackmailing her 'best friend' Will because he did it for her. We must agree with her that Will and Sonny are bad people for seeing Nick as anything other than their new best friend. I certainly don't expect or even want them to pay legally for anything they have done, but I could go for some true redemption and for me 'I'm sorry' while you behave the same doesn't cut it.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

It's the same for others too. Daniel is allowed to be angry at Chloe for having a drunken one night stand after Vivian's mind games, but Lucas is treated as in the wrong for being angry at Daniel for actively going after his wife.

Half the town has turned on JJ, including his own sister, for not kissing Taniel's ass.

Sami is treating both Lucas and Rafe, and her family like shit without remorse, yet they all forgave her and are kissing her ass.

EJ hasn't even apologized for the things he did, yet he is welcomed everywhere.

Nicole is blamed completely for what happened when she lost her baby, and she apologized and is still being raked over the coals, while Taniel and Jennifer never owned their own part in that situation. In fact they're treated like saints.
Edited by TreasureCove, Aug 27 2013, 06:28 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 27 2013, 06:22 AM
It's the same for others too. Daniel is allowed to be angry at Chloe for having a drunken one night stand after Vivian's mind games, but Lucas is treated as in the wrong for being angry at Daniel for actively going after his wife.

Half the town has turned on JJ, including his own sister, for not kissing Taniel's ass.

Sami is treating both Lucas and Rafe, and her family like shit without remorse, yet they all forgave her and are kissing her ass.

Nicole is blamed completely for what happened when she lost her baby, and she apologized and is still being raked over the coals, while Taniel and Jennifer never owned their own part in that situation. In fact they're treated like saints.
If we like characters and want them to remain, they often can't realistically go to jail for their crimes. This includes useful antagonists like EJ, who works best when he's Sweevil and causing trouble.

But they can write in redemption. I really enjoy Nicole, though the character has done awful things many times, because she's usually paid on one way or the other and the character has been shown as having clear motives and genuine remorse at times.

If Nick had been shown going to Marlena for therapy over the past few months, that would go a long way in making him more sympathetic.

Gabi was a victim of the writer regime change. MarDar wanted her (and Abby) to be stalkers, while TomSell wanted ingenue Gabi and sacred virgin Abby. And while Gabi did apologize to Melanie, a lot of her tears seemed very "poor me, everyone hates me" now. We have gotten a few scenes where she seemed to regret her behavior then, but they are few and far between. Again, a few scenes with Marlena or a sit down with Chad where she wasn't so defensive or weepy but just said that she had changed and she's truly remorseful.

It's frustrating when a character like Marlena could easily be used as a conduit for redemption but she only ever now seems to treat her family. I think the last time she treated someone who wasn't Will or Sami was Jack during the truncated PTSD story.

And as for forgiveness, I remember that Kayla forgave Jack, but she never forgot or was fully comfortable around him. Clearly, the writing for Will and Sonny's forgiveness of Nick has felt jarring to some, but it simply needn't be. As someone else said, one two lines where Will and Sonny say that they forgive Nick and understand he has problems but still find it hard to be around him and worry he'll snap again is all it would take.
Edited by Honeybees, Aug 27 2013, 10:39 AM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 26 2013, 10:10 AM
Mirage75
Aug 26 2013, 08:16 AM
So no follow up to Justin and Adrienne's issues. :(
Well, they can't devote the time to the characters they want to write if they flesh out and go in depth on storylines for the other characters. Even if the writers are the ones to bring up those storylines in the first place. They are actually only plot points to make things more "exciting" :rolleyes: for Sami Daniel Sami Daniel Daniel Sami Sami Sami Sami Sami Kristen Kristen Daniel Daniel Daniel Kristen Sami Sami

and in conclusion,
Danieling the Sami
Thank you for adding Kristen in there!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 26 2013, 07:30 AM
Jennifer calls JJ out on everything he's pulled since returning to Salem
I can already predict how this will go. Jennifer will yell, scream and whine at how bad her own kid is and how right that her own personal Jesus (Orange Dick Jonas) was about him and how she's been so tortured over not being with her true love. They will then go home where Jen will tell JJ that they are going to straighten things out, JJ will stomp off in a huff and instead of going after her son, she will run to Dr. Douche and tell him how right he was about her evil, evil son and then hump him. JJ will find out and the cycle will continue. :drunk:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

JDeveraux_91
Aug 27 2013, 08:16 AM
lysie
I can already predict how this will go. Jennifer will yell, scream and whine at how bad her own kid is and how right that her own personal Jesus (Orange Dick Jonas) was about him and how she's been so tortured over not being with her true love. They will then go home where Jen will tell JJ that they are going to straighten things out, JJ will stomp off in a huff and instead of going after her son, she will run to Dr. Douche and tell him how right he was about her evil, evil son and then hump him. JJ will find out and the cycle will continue. :drunk:
And the writers believe THAT is entertaining

lachelle73

thepadange
Aug 27 2013, 12:08 AM

Who does Gabi think she is threatening Sonny I hope he tells her off she has alot of nerve after all she has done she acts like she is innocent in everything. If Gabi is so okay with being with Nik why hide it. In another spoiler is says that Gabi tries to threaten Sonny so I hope he tells Will anyway, what could they do really its already done. But this is suppose to be what makes Sonny play match maker for Gabi.
Gabi better leave Sonny alone.

Caroline is going to keep an eye on Nik, Nik better watch out she has another Kirikias (Victor) on her side just like Will does.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 27 2013, 08:19 AM
JDeveraux_91
Aug 27 2013, 08:16 AM
lysie
And the writers believe THAT is entertaining
:facepalm: :shame:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

TreasureCove

Wait...didn't I just see Nicole welcomed in to a book club with many of the core ladies of Salem?

camera shy

I guess Brady will want Eric to give him and Kristen some pre-marriage counseling.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I love working with Kristian. She's wonderful and fantastic." ~ DC

SocRMum1
Aug 27 2013, 09:24 AM
TreasureCove

Wait...didn't I just see Nicole welcomed in to a book club with many of the core ladies of Salem?
well.....Jen invited her. the others were clearly surprised to see her and were polite to her, though i'm sure that a few would've rather not had her there.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Supergirlx2
Aug 27 2013, 09:54 AM
SocRMum1
Aug 27 2013, 09:24 AM
TreasureCove

well.....Jen invited her. the others were clearly surprised to see her and were polite to her, though i'm sure that a few would've rather not had her there.
Agreed. But she was still there chatting, drinking and munching donuts along with the rest of the ladies. She was not treated any worse than EJ or Kristen or even sometimes Chad are when they are interacting with some of Salem's 'finest'.

Sevprince

Quote:

Wednesday
Adrienne finds information that could help Sami's case
According to SOD, she finds Bernardi's secret bank account and hands the info to Abe.
Justin would probably be still mad at her for not coming to him again.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply