Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of August 12-16, 2013
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 12:44 AM (3,395 Views)
ChampagneRiver
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/08/ratings-good-week-for-gh-3

Ratings Report for the Week of August 12-16, 2013

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,511,000 (-9,000/+200,000)
2. B&B 3,382,000 (-63,000/+311,000)
3. GH 2,543,000 (+83,000/+80,000)
4. DAYS 2,283,000 (-113,000/-416,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (same/+.1)
2. B&B 2.5/8 (same/+.2)
3. GH 1.9/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.8/6 (same/-.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 764,000 (-22,000/-60,000)
2. B&B 643,000 (-24,000/+17,000)
3. GH 604,000 (+27,000/+13,000)
4. DAYS 531,000 (+5,000/-52,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.2/8 (same/-.1)
2. B&B 1.0/7 (same/same)
3. GH 0.9/6 (same/same)
4. DAYS 0.8/5 (same/-.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 223,000 (-22,000/+35,000)
2. GH 197,000 (+2,000/-1,000)
3. B&B 176,000 (-24,000/+48,000)
4. DAYS 166,000 (+17,000/-28,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/+.1)
2. GH 0.6 (same/same)
3. DAYS 0.5 (+.1/-.1)
3. B&B 0.5 (-.1/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings -- HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.6/3,675,000
Tuesday: 2.5/3,455,000
Wednesday: 2.6/3,513,000
Thursday: 2.3/3,185,000
Friday: 2.4/3,081,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.8/2,297,000
Tuesday: 1.8/2,295,000
Wednesday: 1.7/2,216,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,460,000
Friday: 1.7/2,146,000

GH
Monday: 1.9/2,492,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,698,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,544,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,487,000
Friday: 1.9/2,492,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.4/4,806,000
Tuesday: 3.3/4,559,000
Wednesday: 3.4/4,623,000
Thursday: 3.2/4,294,000
Friday: 3.2/4,274,000
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Ouch KC is about to panic.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

OK Days...a shake up could be coming IF this persist. They have done a lot of things right this year with Kristen's return and bringing in JJ as a foil, but all the couples that the show is known for, and people watch, are gone. The sad thing is, if there is a shake up, it will only be to make the show more "youthful". This is a show that never learns from it's lesson.

Nate
Member Avatar

What a horrible week for DAYS.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

Days has sucked for a while now, it took em a bit longer to see the effects this time around.... And lets see what KC does now. Is he still going to praise the show's writers?

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

DAYS losing 400,000 viewers from last year kind of says it all!
Edited by lovinsafe, Aug 23 2013, 08:42 AM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Wish the book club episode had made at least a 2.0 (Tuesday episode). Maybe they should have promoted it more?

I wonder if the drop in the year-to-year numbers is because this week last year was the official start of TomSell's regime and people who had stopped watching under MarDar tuned back in to see their stuff. And then stopped watching for whatever reason. Or it could also be that they had a big cliffhanger in Daysaster before the Olympic hiatus and people tuned in to see the resolutions. There simply wasn't a similarly big event going on this year to generate the viewership. Last August was a bit unusual with the regime change happening at the same time as the Olympic hiatus with a big cliffhanger thrown in the mix. In other words, there was a lot going on last year to generate interest.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

The continued slide of the last few weeks is a bad trend. I still think the show is miles better than it was last year, but storylines have been draaaaaaaaaagging the last few weeks. Hopefully the end of summer means the start of some drama.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

And Days continues to lose viewers week after week. What a shame... they seemed like they were on the upswing for awhile, and now it's back to the same old, same old.... featuring the same three couples week after week; slow, plodding stories; characters written so out of character they are hard to even recognize; not to mention the lack of any semblance of romance; vets disappearing from the canvas.

I really liked the "donut" episode, but it was one isolated episode that week... no real buildup to it or follow up. It was just there... kind of like the stripper episode. Sticking in one good epi like that every so often just isn't going to bring it.

I hope KC and the NBC/Sony suits start to rethink their strategy for Days... and soon. They just aren't giving the viewers what they want, and it shows.

jdawg1077

Were the ratings for this time last year the week of the Daysaster?

That said, a few weeks ago I indicated that they shouldn't worry too much about August ratings, as September-March is what counts. After seeing these numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they *are* worrying.

To be fair, the show has been in a holding pattern. Since Sami was arrested, not much has happened. I can always tell by whether or not I'm paying attention to what is happening on screen while watching. Back in May I was riveted. Lately, I've been playing CandyCrush while the show airs in the background.

I think things will pick up shortly, however. We'll get Sami's trial. Kristen's implosion. But if the ratings drop much lower before then, it'll make the climb that much more difficult.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I don't think Days is bad---I iust don't think that it's good right now either. For me, the show has felt like it has been on hold right now. There's nothing that screams "watch this tomorrow". It's the same characters being shown doing predictable things. I would love to see more of Adrienne, Justin, Kayla and Marlena doing their own thing instead of seeing EJ, Sami, Daniel and Jennifer doing the same thing on what feels like almost a daily basis. Maybe if tptb focised on a whole cast and not just a few, more people would want to see what's happening on the show.
Edited by talbab1994, Aug 23 2013, 09:43 AM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Days isn't bad, but the stories are dragging. Today's soap viewing audience do not like long drawn out stories. They want instant gratification. I, for one, thought the whole Sami/Bernardi thing would have been wrapped up by now. They need to speed it up a little bit. The numbers are slipping bcuz viewers are losing interest.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

talbab1994
Aug 23 2013, 09:40 AM
There's nothing that screams "watch this tomorrow". It's the same characters being shown doing predictable things. I would love to see more of Adrienne, Justin, Kayla and Marlena doing their own thing instead of seeing EJ, Sami, Daniel and Jennifer doing the same thing on what feels like almost a daily basis. Maybe if tptb focised on a whole cast and not just a few, more people would want to see what's happening on the show.

Thank you! The only thing that have me interested right now is what Victor and Marlena have planned for Kristen. Everything else...... meh. Not a good sign at all.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Interesting, GH seems to have gotten it's mojo back, while Days is stuck in the vortex of suck known as Dannifer. This is not a good trend for Days. I wonder when we will hear about KC's newest "plan to save Days?"

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I'm with Tom - overall I think the show is much more solid than it was a year ago (and I suspect the numbers from a year ago had a big boost from the Daysaster stuff) but the past few weeks have been absolute dudsville. If only they could finally get to a point where there is consistency in moving stories along - and more importantly - in seemlessly building some stories while others are reaching a climax so that there is always something engaging to lure viewers to come back or to check it out. I feel like all of the big payoffs across multiple storylines seem to happen at the same time - and as a result, so do all the slower points of the stories.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

GH & DAYS are always going to be back & forward. When DAYS does well, GH goes down & when DAYS goes bad, GH goes up. Very weird. I do think DAYS need to speed up a bit with their storylines & GH needs to get going with the whole Spin/Maxie storyline. Way too much dragging for my liking!

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Aug 23 2013, 02:16 PM
I'm with Tom - overall I think the show is much more solid than it was a year ago (and I suspect the numbers from a year ago had a big boost from the Daysaster stuff) but the past few weeks have been absolute dudsville. If only they could finally get to a point where there is consistency in moving stories along - and more importantly - in seemlessly building some stories while others are reaching a climax so that there is always something engaging to lure viewers to come back or to check it out. I feel like all of the big payoffs across multiple storylines seem to happen at the same time - and as a result, so do all the slower points of the stories.
Days did have a boost from the cliffhanger last year. The last week that they aired that July they had about 2,481,000 viewers (which was actually up over the previous week and year) and then they had 2,699,000. That means the show currently has about 198,000 less viewers now than they did in the summer of 2011. Meanwhile, the three weeks in spring of 2012 that really seemed to spell the end of MarDar had totals of 2,229,000 and 2,252,000 and 2,162,000. That February they had been averaging around 2,4000,000 which is more comparable to the end of Tomlin's first reign. Of course, these are total numbers and not demos.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar

Love GH right now. Today's episode was on FIRE! Just wish Franco, Sabrina, Felix and Kiki were gone. Days isn't that bad either.

bomber
Member Avatar

Hey maybe Tomlin could have Dannifer break-up again and then have everyone from the town priest to the town villain run around wringing their hands begging them to get back together. Then have them make-up. That should bring in the viewers!!

jules

Not watching much, but maybe the problem is pushing Dannifer (who I don't believe has a large fan base ?), too much of new characters like Theresa/JJ, and too much Ejami. I personally dont watch much because of the utter hatchet job they did to John and Marlena (decimating the character of John). Too bad they tape so far in advance to stop the bleeding. Ratings will probably bounce back a little, but I can't see any reason for a big upsurge in the near future.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply