Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for Week of August 12-16, 2013
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 12:44 AM (3,343 Views)
daysmemories
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Aug 25 2013, 01:11 PM
I think its crazy to say its just couples or its just stories. Its both. Days stories are often hit or miss. You can't build a solid audience on story only. You need the audience to feel connected to characters/couples even inspite of story.

But Days use the same characters and same couples for all of their stories. And the characters/couples they use have limited appeal. Most of them don't even feel connected to the show. Its like they don't even have an effect on its history.

And the show's face couple, EJ and Sami, are not even face characters. They guarantee the show will always be one bad step from sinking. Because they weigh the show down. There is nothing epic about them.

If your main stay couple is epic people will give them some leadway and the show leadway. That means even when your stories are bad your ratings can be a little stable to give you time.

Days needs a Josh and Reva... a Victor and Nikki... a fucking Bo and Hope.

Nightime soaps get it. Scandal gets it. Grey's Anatomy gets it. Why don't daytime soaps get it.
Preach it! This...so much this!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Some of the reasons I stayed watching Days for years through storylines I didn't particularly like is because I had an attachment to the characters. Of course back then regardless of storylines the characters were not written OOC and I could at least enjoy them as they were on. I can't say that anymore.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Was this the week that Brooke and Bill went to Monte Carlo because I didn't watch that week as a Brooke fan I want more from her.

outrageous
Member Avatar

Aliaron
I think its crazy to say its just couples or its just stories. Its both. Days stories are often hit or miss. You can't build a solid audience on story only. You need the audience to feel connected to characters/couples even inspite of story.

But Days use the same characters and same couples for all of their stories. And the characters/couples they use have limited appeal. Most of them don't even feel connected to the show. Its like they don't even have an effect on its history.

And the show's face couple, EJ and Sami, are not even face characters. They guarantee the show will always be one bad step from sinking. Because they weigh the show down. There is nothing epic about them.

If your main stay couple is epic people will give them some leadway and the show leadway. That means even when your stories are bad your ratings can be a little stable to give you time.

Nightime soaps get it. Scandal gets it. Grey's Anatomy gets it. Why don't daytime soaps get it.
I think Days has a Victor and Nikki in Ejami.

outrageous
Member Avatar

From my understanding of the numbers compared to last year, Days is doing much better, and regained thousands of viewers in all categories. Overall, WTG Days!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Wrong thread! Again! :$
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Aug 27 2013, 11:31 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

outrageous
Aug 27 2013, 11:24 PM
From my understanding of the numbers compared to last year, Days is doing much better, and regained thousands of viewers in all categories. Overall, WTG Days!
If you're talking about this week and the numbers posted in this thread, no, that is not accurate.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

When your main storylines are dragging and your characters are written as grossly OOC, your ratings will reflect it. And these ratings are well deserved.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

outrageous
Aug 27 2013, 11:21 PM
Aliaron

I think Days has a Victor and Nikki in Ejami.
Huh? No ^o)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply