Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, August 23rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:25 AM (9,292 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Melissa! YAY! Lars! ZZZZZZ

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Lysie, I always come here first thing when I fire up the computer to check out the picture you've posted - it's always makes me smile. Thanks!

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 23 2013, 07:25 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
And here's Kenny Jezek today:
Posted Image

Kenny Jezek - Producer/Director/Co-founder

Kenny is probably best known for his regular role as Lars Englund in NBC’s “Days of Our Lives”. He has guest starred in “Hill Street Blues”, “St. Elsewhere” and “FAME”. Prior to his transition into acting, Kenny was one of the top working dancers in the country, often touring, teaching master jazz and tap classes in the US, Europe and Canada. His performance credits include the Los Angeles (National Touring) companies of two Tony award winning Broadway musicals; “Cats” and “42nd Street”, a regular series dancer in FAME, and a featured dancer in the movies “Pretty In Pink” and “Fast Forward” the latter produced by Academy award winning actor, Sidney Poitier.

Kenny has worked with some of the most recognizable names in entertainment in capacities that include, dancing, choreographing, directing and staging. Some of them include; Chita Rivera, John Travolta, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Helen Hunt, Sydney Poitier, Dick Clark, Jamie Lee Curtis, Dinah Shore, Paula Abdul, Olivia Newton-John, Gordon MacRae, Kenny Ortega, Gregory Hines, Howard and Fayard Nicholas (the Nicholas Brothers), Jeffery Hornaday, Jaime Rogers, Trevor Nunn, Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber, Jillian Lish and Gloria Loring. His professional, civic light opera and community theatre credits include roles in “Paint Your Wagon”, “Anything Goes”, “Kiss Me Kate”, “Good News”, “In Command Of The Children”, “Durante”, “Oliver” and “Stone Soup”. Original productions, “Johnny Bugle”, “Rocky’s Place” and “Mystery At Windemere Mansion”. He has numerous television pilot, national and local commercial, music video and industrial credits as well.

In addition to his performance and production credits Kenny also holds black belts and Full Instructor certifications in several martial arts disciplines, is the founder of Christian Freestyle Karate and for 17 years successfully owned and operated his own martial arts school. Currently Kenny is also the director of martial arts programs at Aspire Kid’s Sports Center in Chandler and teaches tap at Glendale Community College as an Adjunct Faculty Member.

Karen Jezek - Associate Producer/Assistant Director/Co-founder
Karen has acted in two soap operas, playing the role of Brenda Clegg in CBS’ “Capitol” and Noel Gallager in “Rituals”, the latter of which she was nominated for “Best Ingenue” in the Soap Opera Digest Awards. A former Miss LaHabra and expert in Polynesian Dance, Karen has had the privilege of working with entertainment greats such as; Rory Calhoun, Richard Egan, Marj Dusay, Tammy Wynette, Estelle Getty, Pat Morita, Gary Collins, Lanie Kazan, and Kin Shriner. Some of her theatre credits include “Stone Soup” and “Betty Bear Saves Christmas”.

Together
After leaving Hollywood in 1988, Kenny and Karen (who met at a Hollywood party in 1986), were married in 1989 and became heavily involved in the theatrical arts ministry of a large local church, acting, planning, directing and choreographing skits and musical productions, including roles in original musical productions of “Rocky’s Place” “Johnny Bugle”, “Mystery At Windemere Mansion” and “Freedom’s Price”. They’ve also had the privilege of starring in three independent Christian films - “Forevermore-The Karla Faye Tucker Story” Karen playing the title role of Karla Faye Tucker, “A Father’s Heart” and “Come What May” the latter of which is currently being released through Advent Film Group. Through these films they have been able to use their gifts not just in acting but also in mentoring and helping other members of the casts develop their gifts in the areas of theatrical performance and production. As a husband and wife team, the Jezek’s bring a collective 40+ years of experience in stage, film, television and commercial performance and production to Command Performers.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

most of what i've seen of Lars involves his annoying sister as well. as I recall, Britta held the key to saving Bo from treason charges, but wouldn't testify until her brother was safe and away from the KGB.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

based on the tweets i'm seeing stating what's going on in this episode, it sounds like EJ/Sami/Dan/Jen are hogging most of the airtime, while JJ/Theresa/Hope/Rafe/Kate and anyone else who's on are mere fillers. :shame:

jwsel
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 23 2013, 10:02 AM
most of what i've seen of Lars involves his annoying sister as well. as I recall, Britta held the key to saving Bo from treason charges, but wouldn't testify until her brother was safe and away from the KGB.
That was Lars' introduction, complete with the world's worst "Russian Ballet" troupe. As if the ice skating show the year before was not bad enough to set back Cold War relations a few decades, they went even lower-rent for the ballet in 1986.

After defecting, Lars formed his own troupe in Salem. IIRC, it was funded by Victor, who made him include Melissa. That led to a Melissa/Lars romance even though she was married to Pete. It ended when she hurt her knee.

The most important thing about Lars was that he provided the test dummy for the hair department to perfect the mullets they then inflicted on every other male character. Oh, and Ken Jezek's "acting" may rival Charity Rahmer's as the worst ever for a character in a major role.

LovingDays

omg again dannifer kill me now
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

It's again that time of the week when you need to use this,

Posted Image

:yawnz:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ugh. Fetch. But Jennifer looks REALLY cute today (even if I'm not too sure about her hair).

LovingDays

Jen looks pretty in her pink dress

LovingDays

Yesssss Hope is here :)

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I now automatically cringe when I see Maxine because I know Fetch propping is going to ensue.

six
Member Avatar

Does Will know that JJ was interested in Theresa?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Kate looks FAB today, too! I like that print dress on her.

LovingDays

Yes Justin is on!!!

six
Member Avatar

EJATE! Oh and jsyk, Lysie, Kate is really annoyed because EJ threatened her and :huh1:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Although I'm unsure about a dress that zips up the front, Sami looks nice today in that color with a simple hairstyle & subdued makeup.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I hope Melinda's offer involves a metal chair and an electric current.

LovingDays

Jordan :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply