Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (25,922 Views)
Ellie

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/exclusive-us-soap-star-chandler-massey-done-gay-role-days-our-lives240813
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

https://twitter.com/ChandlerMassey/status/371059134805712896

https://twitter.com/ChandlerMassey/status/371057968457871360
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'm disappointed CM is leaving. Hope DAYS hires a very good recast.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

I think a recast is a bad move. I think more people would accept Sonny with a new love interest over a recast.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Abena
Member Avatar

I'm glad they're going to recast Will :thumbsup: But still sad to see CM go :thumbsdown:
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Aww.. I'm going to miss that inappropriate smiling cutie.

I think it's good they're going to recast the role.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Corday said they weren't going to recast will but apparently they changed their minds? In any case, it's sad to see Chandler go. I make fun of his weird body language, dead druggie eyes, and whispery voice sometimes but I still enjoyed his time as Will.
Online Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 23 2013, 07:47 PM
I think a recast is a bad move. I think more people would accept Sonny with a new love interest over a recast.
But based on storyline and airtime, Will is the primary focus of WilSon...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ian H
Member Avatar

so sad to see him go. but glad they did a recast, the role of Will has so much potential!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Aug 23 2013, 07:48 PM
Aww.. I'm going to miss that inappropriate smiling cutie.

I think it's good they're going to recast the role.
I like CM and thought he really did well in the role. He finally made Will into a real character rather than just Lumi's kid. That said, I'm glad they're going with the re-cast. I think Will is an integral character and it would be nice to find an actor that has a little more sexual chemistry with FS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AnthonyL

I agree. I'd like to see Will and Sonny smoulder rather than fizzle. I'd also like them to get some better stories.
Offline Profile Goto Top

scifi7
Member Avatar

I am going to miss him and his inappropriate smiling and ridiculous chemistry with James
Offline Profile Goto Top

NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

Well this sucks.

I hate college, soo can I like change places with him :$
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Im talking about the hardcore fans of Wilson who only see Massey and Smith in the roles. I honestly think they should find someone who has more chemistry with Freddie. It sometimes feels forced on Chandler's end.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

AnthonyL
Aug 23 2013, 07:59 PM
I agree. I'd like to see Will and Sonny smoulder rather than fizzle. I'd also like them to get some better stories.
Yep. I'm a chemistry junkie. If the chemistry is there along with interesting storyline, I'll sit through thick and thin, the ridiculous and sublime with a soap couple. Here's hoping the next Will has amazing chemistry with Sonny. And that Sonny finds his earlier vitality.

I wish CM all the best. He's a talented young man.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 23 2013, 08:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 23 2013, 08:05 PM
Im talking about the hardcore fans of Wilson who only see Massey and Smith in the roles. I honestly think they should find someone who has more chemistry with Freddie. It sometimes feels forced on Chandler's end.
I think forced is an understatement.

I wish him the best with his education or with his other acting gigs. I just wonder how he was able to get out of his contract four months early. Either there is very little story for his character in 2014 or he has some dirt on someone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Aug 23 2013, 08:14 PM
ShaneDOOLFan

I wish him the best with his education or with his other acting gigs. I just wonder how he was able to get out of his contract four months early. Either there is very little story for his character in 2014 or he has some dirt on someone.
Maybe they found a good recast already.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

I wonder how much time will pass in between Chandler's departure and the re-cast. I also wonder if this means anything for Camila/Gabi's suspected departure. Gabi's not a legacy character like Will, but she is the mother of his child. It'll be interesting to see if they re-cast her as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Aug 23 2013, 08:16 PM
LonePirate
Aug 23 2013, 08:14 PM
ShaneDOOLFan

Maybe they found a good recast already.
They have. SOD just announced it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

NBC might want Chandler for something else, which would explain why he could leave early.

I fell in love with Will during the MarDar era. The writing for Will as complicated, tormented and closeted was one of the high points of their tenure. As much as I love Wilson, I think Chandler probably preferred that version of Will, and I think he's probably been bored with the less complicated version of his character. Chandler seemed to really enjoy it when Will was snarky and in his mother's face. And I think Wilson would have been an even stronger pairing if good guy Sonny had had to come face to face with the shadier side of Will. I can't picture the Will who was EJ's assistant taking the crap Will took from Nick.

If Chandler gets other acting roles, I'll certainly tune in. I think he's very talented. If he wants to major in Chinese and go travel, good for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic