Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (25,204 Views)
seanny
Member Avatar

I don't know how anyone could be surprised that Will has been recasted so soon when we already saw the casting call over a month ago. The "Country Boy" role description was a dead ringer for CM but not necessarily Will. I'm certain that Chandler knew right from that casting call that the show was looking to replace him and he wanted to leave earlier if the show did not need him anymore.

I'll repeat what others have said before. The new actor must have steaming hot chemistry with FS. He must also fit well with AS, JS and DH. Can it please be Brant Daugherty??? I know he's busy with primetime but it doesn't seem like he's getting great exposure there. Also, I would love to have an openly gay actor in the role, but he still must be a decent actor first and gay second. We don't need anymore pretty himbots on the show. Nu-Cameron fills that role quite well.

This is the first time that I have heard any gay rumors about Chandler. If I were to see a photo of him making out with a dude other than Freddie, I would probably assume that it was for another role. Heck, Freddie attends more gay-themed events than Chandler and we have all seen definitely proof that FS is straight (if not bisexual).
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Another thing I found out in Chicago is there may be no more scenes between Chandler and Bryan.

Bryan was brought up by somebody and I mentioned how underrated he is and how he's never used on the show. I asked Chandler if he had taped any scenes with Bryan that we would see before his exit. Chandler said "there is nothing coming". I repeated the question and asked if he means they honestly we won't see any more scenes between them. He repeated the same answer. Now we did see the rumors that Bryan was possibly gone. But 4 months with no Will and Lucas? Even for Christmas where we know Bryan was in studio? Unless Will is some how not around or some how taping by himself for some reason and it's fitting into the transition of the new Will coming in. I'm guessing at best there is very limited airtime for the remainder of Chandler's time between Will and Lucas.

Chandler also also said that Friday he only taped a couple of scenes which included Arianna. Maybe there those weren't his only scenes but his last words where the same as his first words when he began on the show with "huhhhh" and they were to Arianna. He did not tape with Freddie at all on Friday.

This was another question that kind of silenced the table for a few seconds. Chandler answered questions but didn't elaborate much :ermmmm: .
Edited by michr544125, Aug 26 2013, 05:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

seanny
Aug 26 2013, 04:16 PM
I don't know how anyone could be surprised that Will has been recasted so soon when we already saw the casting call over a month ago. The "Country Boy" role description was a dead ringer for CM but not necessarily Will. I'm certain that Chandler knew right from that casting call that the show was looking to replace him and he wanted to leave earlier if the show did not need him anymore.

I'll repeat what others have said before. The new actor must have steaming hot chemistry with FS. He must also fit well with AS, JS and DH. Can it please be Brant Daugherty??? I know he's busy with primetime but it doesn't seem like he's getting great exposure there. Also, I would love to have an openly gay actor in the role, but he still must be a decent actor first and gay second. We don't need anymore pretty himbots on the show. Nu-Cameron fills that role quite well.

This is the first time that I have heard any gay rumors about Chandler. If I were to see a photo of him making out with a dude other than Freddie, I would probably assume that it was for another role. Heck, Freddie attends more gay-themed events than Chandler and we have all seen definitely proof that FS is straight (if not bisexual).
The more I think about it, the more I could see the first scenes between Sonny and NewWill involving a love scene or something close to that. The big complaint many fans had between Freddie and Chandler was their lack of sexual chemistry. Part of that I do think is writing. Seems without Freddie and Chandler throwing even some kissed in there would be nothing. I just have this feeling the first scene between Freddie and the new actor is going to be a hot love scene to try and draw in the fans that weren't crazy about that lack of chemistry between Freddie and Chandler. Seems like a low blow to Chandler if that turns out to be the case, though.
Edited by michr544125, Aug 26 2013, 05:42 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Aug 26 2013, 05:15 PM
seanny
Aug 26 2013, 04:16 PM

The more I think about it, the more I could see the first scenes between Sonny and NewWill involving a love scene or something close to that. The big complaint many fans had between Freddie and Chandler was their lack of sexual chemistry. I was one that was off and on with that between them in that department. As of late it was much more buddy like vs. romantic like with chemistry. Part of that could be writing... I just have this feeling the first scene between Freddie and the new actor is going to be a hot love scene to try and draw in the fans that weren't crazy about that lack of chemistry between Freddie and Chandler. Seems like a low blow to Chandler if that turns out to be the case, though.
I don't think they have over the top sexual chemistry, but I did think that at their best, both actors projected a great deal of comfort and affection for one another. My chief complaint was in the blush of the first weeks of their relationship, they felt like they had been together for years. Some people interpreted that as buddy buddy, but I thought there was simply more focus on their affection for one another rather than sexual desire (despite us seeing them fairly undressed and in bed). I don't necessary think that's a bad thing. Frankly, it's been awhile since Days has produced a really hot love scene that was in any way explicit between straight characters.

I think that Days has had a love scene/sexual chemistry problem in general the last few years. Brady and Madison were more explicit and didn't generate much chemistry at all. Dannifer have less than zero. Although some people like Ejami, I don't think they've had much of a memorable love scene. Even Brady and Nicole's recent scene was just okay in the heat department.

Wilson are probably the only couple on the canvas that managed to project that they actually enjoyed one another's company, and in context that's something. Brady and Nicole do, but they aren't together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

I don't need see sex scenes to see chemistry, but I also wish there was more intimacy for Will and Sonny. WilSon wouldn't have the huge fan base that they do if they didn't have chemistry. I can't say for sure, but I think they brought in younger viewers. They've generated a lot of buzz over the last year. Chemistry is subjective anyway. A few people on this board don't see it and that's fine.

When WilSon had good angst and writing, more people saw chemistry. Lately WilSon have barely been on (which could possibly be a reason for decreased younger viewers?) and most of their scenes have just been regular conversations. Not a lot of emotion to work with; not since the shooting/Gabi's birth scenes in May I believe. I hope they get better writing for Chandler's last months, but it doesn't sound like they will. But then again not many of Days best actors, ie Chandler, James, Ari, Freddie, have been given much lately, which is a shame because they slay emotional scenes.

I hope the NuWill can act and has chem w/ Freddie, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Also, it sucks that Chandler doesn't have any more scenes with Bryan, because they had great father/son rapport.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Well, as much as I love Massey, here's to hoping this NuWill won't smile inappropriately in scenes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

seanny
Member Avatar

I think Chandler and Freddie have great "friendship" chemistry and they could manufacture charm and intimacy together when the script called for but it wasn't there naturally for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

Keith
Aug 26 2013, 10:07 PM
Well, as much as I love Massey, here's to hoping this NuWill won't smile inappropriately in scenes.
Since I never noticed any inappropriate smiling, I'll be happy if the NuWill has more than the one note expression that some Days actors have. I'm setting my expectations low since it was rare to see the spot on range of emotion that Chandler provided; along with the chemistry he had with so many other actors. But Chandler is gone now and I have my fingers crossed for the new guy. Please be good :pray:
Edited by Ireland98, Aug 27 2013, 02:17 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

michr544125
Aug 26 2013, 04:57 PM
Another thing I found out in Chicago is there may be no more scenes between Chandler and Bryan.

Bryan was brought up by somebody and I mentioned how underrated he is and how he's never used on the show. I asked Chandler if he had taped any scenes with Bryan that we would see before his exit. Chandler said "there is nothing coming". I repeated the question and asked if he means they honestly we won't see any more scenes between them. He repeated the same answer. Now we did see the rumors that Bryan was possibly gone. But 4 months with no Will and Lucas? Even for Christmas where we know Bryan was in studio? Unless Will is some how not around or some how taping by himself for some reason and it's fitting into the transition of the new Will coming in. I'm guessing at best there is very limited airtime for the remainder of Chandler's time between Will and Lucas.

Chandler also also said that Friday he only taped a couple of scenes which included Arianna. Maybe there those weren't his only scenes but his last words where the same as his first words when he began on the show with "huhhhh" and they were to Arianna. He did not tape with Freddie at all on Friday.

This was another question that kind of silenced the table for a few seconds. Chandler answered questions but didn't elaborate much :ermmmm: .
I'm not shocked by this, Tomlin can't remind viewers that Will is Lucas' child, I bet we'll see him in scenes with Ej though... I can't imagine why Will wouldn't be at the Horton house for Xmas, but even if he's in jail then he should really still be sharing scenes will his father on occasion. Being in jail hasn't stopped the show from having the same scene over and over again between Ej and Sami, so...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

I was hoping that Chandler last scenes would have been with Sonny and AG. That would have been a good send off for Chandler to have his baby and the love of his life with him in those last scenes. It sounds like once Days found the new Will they didn't have a second thought about Chandler and that is wrond he gave them 4 great years and two Emmys for the show he should have gotten a better send off IMO. It sounds like it was just Chandler and the baby in the studio because Freddie was not there, I'm sure he would have came in to do some last scenes with Chandler and it seems none of the cast knew either it was his last day they seem just as surprised as we were.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

^if Days treats actors that have given them 20 and 30 years like shit I knew it was only a matter if time before they did the same to CM...
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

It's so sad he didn't know his last day was his last day. People like to make the most of their last day whether it's at work or school and it's a shame he was robbed of it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

seanny
Aug 26 2013, 11:34 PM
I think Chandler and Freddie have great "friendship" chemistry and they could manufacture charm and intimacy together when the script called for but it wasn't there naturally for me.
exactly Friendship chemistry they have no romantic chemistry whatsoever
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Ilovecandy
Aug 27 2013, 12:28 PM
seanny
Aug 26 2013, 11:34 PM
exactly Friendship chemistry they have no romantic chemistry whatsoever
But Freddie said that with Will its love but with Brian it was just lust so he was filling a void he lost when he and Will broke up. In love they don't have to be all over eachother, its the little things that matter. With lust you have to always be proving something but with WilSon you know its love the looks and the way the hold eachother. Freddie and Chandler play it certain ways at certain times when you can see and feel the passion but not all the time and that is okay. I loved them together and I hope the New Will and Sonny/Freddie have great chem and they play well off eachother, and we see the love and lust with them also.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Probably nothing but what if Days brought Brant D back to play Will? I know he played Brian but the chemistry between him and Freddie was so incredible that I'd be fine with it. Die the hair blonde, we know the guy can act and the chemistry for Wilson :shithitfan: .

Probably nothing but two of his tweets today got me wondering

Brant Daugherty ‏@brantdaugherty 3h
excited to start rehearsals today for my next project!

Brant Daugherty ‏@brantdaugherty 1h
Things are about to get so weird

Rehearsals could mean just going over lines and preparing. And it would be kind of weird for him to come back to play Will, when he already played Brian and once auditioned for Will.
Edited by michr544125, Aug 27 2013, 03:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

Isn't he on army wife. Blonde hair on Brant. :ermmmm: No. I don't see why Will has to be blonde. All previous Wills were dark hair right.
Edited by Sevprince, Aug 27 2013, 03:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Sevprince
Aug 27 2013, 03:06 PM
Isn't he on army wife. Blonde hair on Brant. :ermmmm: No. I don't see why Will has to be blonde. All previous Wills were dark hair right.
I think future of that show is up in the air...
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

michr544125
Aug 27 2013, 03:01 PM
Probably nothing but what if Days brought Brant D back to play Will? I know he played Brian but the chemistry between him and Freddie was so incredible that I'd be fine with it. Die the hair blonde, we know the guy can act and the chemistry for Wilson :shithitfan: .

Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty 3h

Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty 1h

Rehearsals could mean just going over lines and preparing. And it would be kind of weird for him to come back to play Will, when he already played Brian and once auditioned for Will.
I can't see him as Will at all he's good but they need a really strong actor to play Will not just one with a pretty face. I was wondering if they would keep Will a blonde or go brunette wasn't there another Will that was a brunette. But Chandle looked alot like AS so it was believable that they could be mom/son and he was the right height to be Lucas son. I think they will go with another blonde to contrast with the blonde/brunette with Sonny and try to see if they can find someone as close to Chandler as they can. I just hope he can act and he has great chem with FS,AS, BD and DH, LK, man Chandler had chem with alot of people on the show. I hope he and Freddie get along and have that great chem with him and not just sexual, it take more than that to make a couple.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

michr544125

Days isn't taping today (they're dark for two weeks). So, I don't think he'd be rehearsing for Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ian H
Member Avatar

michr544125

this may be true coz he said that a while back he had auditioned 4 the role of Will but had other stuff going on!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic