Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (25,884 Views)
Honeybees
Member Avatar

Nah, I don't think so. Brant is good, but he would be a better recast for Chad than Will. I don't see that.

The guy who plays Brent (I don't know his name and all the Brants and Brent's gets weird), he physically looks like Will but I didn't think he was that strong an actor. But I thought he was deliberately cast to look like Will/CM to get Will's jealousy senses fired up.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince
Member Avatar

I think that they should get him back to be serious interloper for Wilson. I miss him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

seanny
Member Avatar

I'd be thrill to death if Brant is the new Will. As for whether he is a strong actor or not, I don't think he was on the show long enough to determine this but from what I have seen I have no doubt that he could do the role some justice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Aug 27 2013, 01:19 PM
Ilovecandy
Aug 27 2013, 12:28 PM
seanny
Aug 26 2013, 11:34 PM
I think Chandler and Freddie have great "friendship" chemistry and they could manufacture charm and intimacy together when the script called for but it wasn't there naturally for me.
exactly Friendship chemistry they have no romantic chemistry whatsoever
But Freddie said that with Will its love but with Brian it was just lust so he was filling a void he lost when he and Will broke up. In love they don't have to be all over eachother, its the little things that matter. With lust you have to always be proving something but with WilSon you know its love the looks and the way the hold eachother. Freddie and Chandler play it certain ways at certain times when you can see and feel the passion but not all the time and that is okay. I loved them together and I hope the New Will and Sonny/Freddie have great chem and they play well off eachother, and we see the love and lust with them also.
yeah with Brian it was just lust no one say different Romantic doesn't necessarily means sex. People that are in love are aloud to show lust two with WilSon it never that it is dry flat dull boring etc :sleep: . Their intimate scenes are awkward as hell :yawnz:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

lachelle73
Ilovecandy
seanny
I think Chandler and Freddie have great "friendship" chemistry and they could manufacture charm and intimacy together when the script called for but it wasn't there naturally for me.
But Freddie said that with Will its love but with Brian it was just lust so he was filling a void he lost when he and Will broke up. In love they don't have to be all over eachother, its the little things that matter. With lust you have to always be proving something but with WilSon you know its love the looks and the way the hold eachother. Freddie and Chandler play it certain ways at certain times when you can see and feel the passion but not all the time and that is okay. I loved them together and I hope the New Will and Sonny/Freddie have great chem and they play well off eachother, and we see the love and lust with them also.

Double post hehe why cant we just delete posts?
Edited by Ilovecandy, Aug 27 2013, 04:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

michr544125
Aug 27 2013, 03:01 PM
Probably nothing but what if Days brought Brant D back to play Will? I know he played Brian but the chemistry between him and Freddie was so incredible that I'd be fine with it. Die the hair blonde, we know the guy can act and the chemistry for Wilson :shithitfan: .

Probably nothing but two of his tweets today got me wondering

Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty 3h
excited to start rehearsals today for my next project!

Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty 1h
Things are about to get so weird

Rehearsals could mean just going over lines and preparing. And it would be kind of weird for him to come back to play Will, when he already played Brian and once auditioned for Will.
kinda agree but just no on him Dyeing is hair blond omg no. I would prefer him back as Brian and they kill of Will Will is so pathetic he hurts my eyes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Ilovecandy
Aug 27 2013, 04:28 PM
lachelle73
Ilovecandy
seanny

Double post hehe why cant we just delete posts?
I know what you mean :tounge:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Keep in mind that Chandler made the announcement that he was leaving at the Daytime Emmys (Sunday night) and Casey Deidrick filmed his last episode five days later. I think CM had previously told Days he was leaving, possibly around the time that CD told them. I don't think he was angling for a better contract offer. I think he was simply tired of the role and the work schedule. After his performance today, it's no wonder the show decided to recast Will as soon as possible instead of enduring four more months of subpar performances from CM. If he does intend to continue his education and earn a degree, then great. I certainly hope he's successful and he enjoys the experience. I give him at most a year before he's acting again. I suspect he's reviewing TV pilot and movie scripts in between playing in his band with CD.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

I know I need to stop and give up hope on this but Brant also tweeted three days ago about it being the end of his latest project saying "that's a wrap". I'm having twitter issues or I'd copy the tweet here.

That tweet coincides perfectly with the timing about there being a "timely discovery of new talent."

I really think Brant could be the Will recast. It's either that or his tweets really are just big coincidences right now :lol: . Days is famous for using the same actors in different roles so why not...
Edited by michr544125, Aug 27 2013, 08:22 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

While I would love for Brant to be chosen as the recast Will, I just don't see it happening. I sure hope the hell I am wrong.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

What was the country boy casting call?
Edited by Graceland, Aug 27 2013, 08:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Ilovecandy
Aug 27 2013, 04:36 PM
michr544125
Aug 27 2013, 03:01 PM
Probably nothing but what if Days brought Brant D back to play Will? I know he played Brian but the chemistry between him and Freddie was so incredible that I'd be fine with it. Die the hair blonde, we know the guy can act and the chemistry for Wilson :shithitfan: .

Probably nothing but two of his tweets today got me wondering

Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty 3h
excited to start rehearsals today for my next project!

Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty 1h
Things are about to get so weird

Rehearsals could mean just going over lines and preparing. And it would be kind of weird for him to come back to play Will, when he already played Brian and once auditioned for Will.
kinda agree but just no on him Dyeing is hair blond omg no. I would prefer him back as Brian and they kill of Will Will is so pathetic he hurts my eyes.
Will doesn't have to have blonde hair... The majority of the Will's have had the dark hair... Only reason they cast him with a blonde actor was to try to erase any connection visually to Lucas since BD was being let go
Online Profile Goto Top

seanny
Member Avatar

Graceland
Aug 27 2013, 08:51 PM
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8818992/1/

Its the "Ben" character.

BTW, did we hear anything about "Derek" aka nu-Chad being cast yet?
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

seanny
Aug 28 2013, 01:24 AM
Graceland
Aug 27 2013, 08:51 PM
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8818992/1/

Its the "Ben" character.

BTW, did we hear anything about "Derek" aka nu-Chad being cast yet?
Hope that's not the Will recast. He may look the role but he certainly doesn't seem like a good actor based on the reels. I'd be so bummed if this is new Will :shrug: .
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

I hope the new Will is someone we have not seen before on Days that way it will be a new start it would just remind me that Chandler is not there anymore :(
Someone mentioned Drew Garret I remember him from GH and he was good and when he was recast their was a big uproar over at GH about him and he does favor Chandler with the blonde hair and blue eyes and he's a good actor so maybe. Why are they waiting to tell us who is the replacement. I hope he and Freddie will be good together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Exclusive: Chandler Massey Talks About His Sudden, Controversial Exit From Days or Our Lives

TV Guide Interview
Edited by Ellie, Aug 28 2013, 10:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

a triangle? I hope it's not with Brent. Brian on the other hand....
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Aug 28 2013, 08:43 AM
Exclusive: Chandler Massey Talks About His Sudden, Controversial Exit From Days or Our Lives

TV Guide Interview

I don't know if I should have done new thread or something but if so, someone else can do it.
Ah, so it is bad, unprofessional behavior on both sides. This was basically a tit for tat, with CM initiating the tit. Based on this article, I can't say I feel sorry for him. It's a hard lesson to learn, but hopefully CM now understands that it's bad form to publicly announce your intended departure, before informing your bosses. The fact it was done in a such a public way added boulder sized salt to the wound.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 28 2013, 09:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

I'm glad TV Guide did this article. It definitely clears up a lot of things. Most of which we knew, though, so I'll just add this: did they really think back in June that he'd renew his contract? Come on! No young actor in the last couple of years has renewed, he wouldn't have either.
Edited by OliveAnn, Aug 28 2013, 09:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

Okay, I agree he probably should have notified the proper people before announcing the news at the Emmys. But this is all just so sad to me. They still could have let him know a tab bit before letting him go. And they could have planned it better story wise because I'm going to absolutely HATE it if there is no time in between Wills. If CM is there one day and the new guy is there the next and we are just supposed to except him and Sonny together, it going to suck. Now I'm hearing things about a triangle. So now I'm thinking they'll break up because it won't be the real Will and Sonny. I'm sad.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic