Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (25,203 Views)
JoeBucs32

Freddie is remaining strangely silent on this whole thing.

Wonder how he likes NuWill?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

JoeBucs32
Aug 28 2013, 11:55 AM

He probably hasn't met NuWill, unless he read with him for the audition. Chandler taped on Friday and they're all on a break now for 2 weeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
Gif credit: everythingsalem

JoeBucs32

I don't know what he's thinking now when Chandler left earlier than expected but I still can't help but think that Freddie has said that he doesn't want a recast and he wants to stay on the show with Chandler.

Source one and two.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

Supergirlx2
Aug 25 2013, 04:18 PM
freddiemsmith: I feel so lucky I got to work with @ChandlerMassey these past two years. It was an incredible time. I wish you all the best. You deserve it!
https://twitter.com/freddiemsmith/status/371742551155281920
FS twitted that about CM leaving/firing. There nothing more for him to say really. I'm sure when he gets asked about the new Will, he'll say nice things about him whether they be true or not.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Luce

lysie
Aug 28 2013, 10:45 AM
Okay. Are other people dying to know if Deidre Hall is pissed about this?
Yes.

I'm not sure how I was expecting to find out, but she seems to have been going on about her business, happily tweeting about the book signing dates, etc...
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Team WilSon
Aug 28 2013, 12:01 PM
JoeBucs32

I don't know what he's thinking now when Chandler left earlier than expected but I still can't help but think that Freddie has said that he doesn't want a recast and he wants to stay on the show with Chandler.

Source one and two.
I'm not saying Freddie isn't going to miss Chandlet but what else is Freddie going to say? His answer to a recast had to be that. I doubt Freddie would want to leave vs. staying in front burner story with a recast.
Offline Profile Goto Top

krissy-k

Sevprince
Aug 28 2013, 10:10 AM
blueskies
Aug 28 2013, 08:52 AM
a triangle? I hope it's not with Brent. Brian on the other hand....
I just hope it is a man in the love triangle. You never know with these shows. Tyler (Brent) said he was done filming though and made it sound like that confrontation with Will was his last scenes. There was this whole dialog with fans on his twitter. It was kind of confusing.
As much as I want to see jealous Sonny, I don't want to see Will cheat on Sonny because Sonny has been way to perfect and Will is always the screw up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Luce

Sevprince
Aug 28 2013, 12:07 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 25 2013, 04:18 PM
freddiemsmith: I feel so lucky I got to work with @ChandlerMassey these past two years. It was an incredible time. I wish you all the best. You deserve it!
https://twitter.com/freddiemsmith/status/371742551155281920
FS twitted that about CM leaving/firing. There nothing more for him to say really. I'm sure when he gets asked about the new Will, he'll say nice things about him whether they be true or not.
Yeah, I'm sort of curious what he actually thinks, but in terms of the press/public I'm not sure what else he's supposed to say. After reading this latest interview, I personally think it's probably not a bad idea to keep some distance from this mess for now anyway. It's already over, so besides doing a little damage control down the road with his fans to encourage people to stick with him moving forward, I'm not sure what else he can do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

camera shy
Aug 28 2013, 09:52 AM
badaddiction
Aug 28 2013, 09:44 AM
camera shy
Aug 28 2013, 09:37 AM
Days better pray that this NuWIll really goes over great with the viewers.
If he doesn't go over well, the character will be recast or written off. Either way, the show will survive.
I don't know about that. Their ratings haven't been so great. And I saw on another board a poster upset because where she lives.....Salt Lake City.....the station that used to air Days has chosen to drop it from it's live up. I'd say years and yeas ago when Soaps were beyond popular re-casting a popular character wasn't too big a deal, but now when Soaps are on shaky grounds they can't afford to make too many missteps.
Well I haven't been able to watch NBC for about a month, or at least it feels like it. Time warner stopped carrying the network so now I have to go online to watch and it's causing me to be behind in my viewing. I'm really only interested in the WilSon story as a whole, so depending on what happens with the recast and Time Warner, I may not be that interested in tuning in.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sevprince

krissy-k
Aug 28 2013, 12:39 PM
Sevprince
blueskies
I just hope it is a man in the love triangle. You never know with these shows. Tyler (Brent) said he was done filming though and made it sound like that confrontation with Will was his last scenes. There was this whole dialog with fans on his twitter. It was kind of confusing.
As much as I want to see jealous Sonny, I don't want to see Will cheat on Sonny because Sonny has been way to perfect and Will is always the screw up.
Sonny has been beyond perfect boyfriend to the extend that it is unrealistic a bit. It would make more sense for Sonny to eye another man or cheat. I'm also tired of Will being the one who always screws up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Aug 28 2013, 09:54 AM
supercool74
Aug 28 2013, 09:32 AM
Okay, I agree he probably should have notified the proper people before announcing the news at the Emmys. But this is all just so sad to me. They still could have let him know a tab bit before letting him go. And they could have planned it better story wise because I'm going to absolutely HATE it if there is no time in between Wills. If CM is there one day and the new guy is there the next and we are just supposed to except him and Sonny together, it going to suck. Now I'm hearing things about a triangle. So now I'm thinking they'll break up because it won't be the real Will and Sonny. I'm sad.
They could have notified him, but they didn't and I'm not surprised. They did the same thing to Mary Beth Evans and Stephen Nichols, two people who are legends on this show. Says a lot, doesn't it?
Which I was just as pissed about at the time. I just don't understand why they treat these actors the way they do, and unfortunately it's always my favorites. Stephen Nichols, Mary Beth Evans, Matthew Ashford. I'm still not over what they did with Jack. Just hearing about CM's last day really irritates me, even if he could have handled things better on his end. It still feels very petty to just tell him he's done at the end of the day. If this new guy isn't up to standards I'll be seriously ticked off that they let CM go without finding the right replacement first.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

LonePirate
Aug 28 2013, 11:10 AM
If I was a publicist or PR rep in Hollywood, I would love for someone like Charlie Sheen to be one of my clients because it would mean constant employment, much of it very interesting if not challenging and fun. Sure, there would be headaches along the way but it would be a memorable job.

I fully expect Massey will appear on Sheen's show considering how there was that photo posted months ago of Massey at that show's studio.

Like Lysie, I am interested in Deidre's reaction given how she is supposedly friends with Greg Meng who did the firing and she certainly has seemed close to Chandler as well.

After reading that article from Logan, Chandler will never return to this show barring a change in executives and a huge pay raise. Meng and company surely knew he would not sign a new contract so for them to hold a grudge about his announcement at the Emmys and his subsequent treatment last week is amazingly petty. That speaks very poorly of Meng and others in charge, especially since the publicity and good will from Will's story are probably responsible for the show's Writing Emmy last year and Drama Series Emmy this year in addition to Massey's two Emmys. I have been as critical as anyone has been of Massey's acting but he deserved far better treatment than he received from Days.
Agreed :applause:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Sevprince
Aug 28 2013, 01:04 PM
krissy-k
Aug 28 2013, 12:39 PM
Sevprince
blueskies
Sonny has been beyond perfect boyfriend to the extend that it is unrealistic a bit. It would make more sense for Sonny to eye another man or cheat. I'm also tired of Will being the one who always screws up.
I don't think either will cheat but maybe attracted to someone else but I don't see either of them cheating on the other. I hope whatever it is, it does justice for Will and Sonny and bring them closer not apart. How many triangles do these two have to be in. Why can't they just have a story about them their families why do they have to always bring in a third party. They have enough drama with both of their mothers, one a Kirikias and Will mom being involved with the DiMera that is story right there. Plus with the club opening there could be drama there I thought maybe they would go the drug route there where someone was going to try to sell drugs out of the club and they would have to solve that mystery. There is alot of potential for a good story without another triangle. :sleep:
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Aug 25 2013, 04:48 AM
Some facts:

1) Somebody asked Chandler in Chicago if he had scenes with Freddie and he said no. Then he said he had two scenes and both with Arianna Grace!

2) Chandler and Days had an understanding that if they find a recast, they would let Chandler go. So apparently they found the recast and let him go. Chandler didn't expect to leave yesterday and he was surprised it happened this soon.

A person who was in the Chicago talked on this Blog Talk Radio. These facts are said at 96:00 on.
I am a little dubious about the TV Guide article given this report from the event last weekend. I'm assuming these facts come from Chandler.

So if Chandler had an agreement with Days about what would happen if a recast were found, what is the big shock? Is it just that he didn't get more advance notice that Friday would be his last day? Maybe it was petty and the idea was to blindside him, but there also could have been very legitimate reasons why things played out as they did. I am assuming Friday was the end of a 13-week cycle, so not letting Chandler go on Friday technicallly would have required Days to pay him through December. (His informal agreement might not be binding.) We also don't know when the show signed the other actor (assuming it has signed him). It would be stupid to let Chandler go early without having the recast signed. With the 13-week cycle, Friday would have been a de facto deadline to sign the new guy and could have involved a lot of last-minute set of negotiations to get a contract signed before Chandler's new cycle began. It's possible that the show only signed the new guy on Friday and let Chandler know as soon as possible.
Online Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

michr544125
Aug 28 2013, 12:20 PM
Team WilSon
Aug 28 2013, 12:01 PM
JoeBucs32

Source one and two.
I'm not saying Freddie isn't going to miss Chandlet but what else is Freddie going to say? His answer to a recast had to be that. I doubt Freddie would want to leave vs. staying in front burner story with a recast.
I know I was hoping Freddie would say more but maybe he doesn't know more than we do maybe when they all get back to work we can find out more and what Freddie is really thinking about all this happening and how it went down, and the New Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

There is a difference between Casey and Camila saying something and Deidre and Freddie (not) saying anything. The difference is, Deidre and Freddie still would like to remain employed at Days, lol. Camila's leaving and Casey's already done. I don't expect any sort of statement from either Deidre or Freddie. I mean, Deidre hasn't said anything about Drake! Unlike Chandler, they manage their publicity very well and are likely not going to insult their employer.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
Gif credit: everythingsalem

This has nothing to do with anything but yesterday I tweeted insults about Corday because of this Chandler thing :dance: Since that my Twitter hasn't been working at all, all I'm seeing is a blank white page. :tumbleweed: I'm able to tweet with my phone and about fifteen minutes ago I jokingly tweeted that maybe Corday hacked my Twitter because of the insults and immediately after I had tweeted that someone tried to attack my computer near Hollywood. :scared: :ninpeek:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Aug 28 2013, 09:44 AM
camera shy
Aug 28 2013, 09:37 AM
Days better pray that this NuWIll really goes over great with the viewers.
If he doesn't go over well, the character will be recast or written off. Either way, the show will survive.
No way. If anything, if the character is a fail he will be kept around e.g. Daniel/SC. Days seems more inclined to fire the talented people e.g MA/Jack.
TPTB at Days were extremely petty in their treatment of CM. They should've handled the situation much better but then it's never been a secret that they treat their actors like crap when they no longer see any use for them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

I always hate to hear when actors leave Days on bad terms, especially ones like Chandler that have helped the show in recent years. Even if it is typical show biz.

I can understand Chandler being upset and I feel badly for him. He can still get in touch with the cast and crew that he was close with to say goodbye. But he's only leaving a few months earlier than planned and will now have more time to get ahead on school, pursue other options, or just finally have some downtime. This press will help him too.

Days is already struggling with ratings, has some fans not happy with current writing, and will now lose 3 actors off air in back to back months- Casey, Eileen, and Chandler. This situation with Chandler is upsetting fans, along with fans that are already upset with the treatment of the vets.
Chandler is 22, multitalented, and has his whole life ahead of him to achieve success. I think he'll do just fine.

So while the handling of Chandler's exit sucks, the ones that are going to be more negatively affected by this sudden firing are the viewers and Days. I don't understand the logic of their decision at all. But I don't think there's a lot of common sense among TPTB so I can be too surprised. Egos at play.
And again I'll say that I hope Days gets a good recast.

Offline Profile Goto Top

seanny
Member Avatar

seanny
Aug 26 2013, 04:16 PM
I don't know how anyone could be surprised that Will has been recasted so soon when we already saw the casting call over a month ago. The "Country Boy" role description was a dead ringer for CM but not necessarily Will. I'm certain that Chandler knew right from that casting call that the show was looking to replace him and he wanted to leave earlier if the show did not need him anymore.
In light of Andy Senita's screen test posted today, I now think "Country Boy" Ben is probably not Will but may be an interim love interest for Abigail while Chad is incapacitated in some way. Nu-Will may come out of this casting call or the one for Derek (nu-Chad).
Edited by seanny, Aug 28 2013, 05:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic