Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (24,756 Views)
supercool74
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 28 2013, 09:10 PM
Why does everyone think its such a big deal that they didnt give him a notice of a last day, especially if Chandler knew they might find a recast? The new Will is obviously starting immediately for a good reason, not because the show was trying to spite Chandler for leaving or announcing his departure.
I'm sorry but I don't trust anything this show does anymore. I don't think they do anything for good reason as of late. Just look at how they got rid of Jack. Was that for good reason....so they could shove Dannifer down our throats? No. I don't automatically assume that this was done for the good of the story.
ETA: and that on the heals of MA getting an Emmy nom. This show just makes horrible decisions.
Edited by supercool74, Aug 29 2013, 06:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

trojangal
Aug 28 2013, 10:26 PM
granolagirl
Aug 28 2013, 07:34 PM
Keith
Aug 28 2013, 06:05 PM
Re-post from another thread:

I have issue with people continually calling out Massey for quitting. He didn't. He opted not to renew his contract. That's his choice. He still had a contract to finish. Surprise, surprise that the show decided to laugh in his face. I wouldn't mind half the decisions this show made if they ever showed an inch of tact.
If this is directed toward me, I have issues with people (not you, Keith) continuing to push one version of events behind the scenes as truth when it is clearly based on speculation and fanwank. That's where my post was coming from.

I do think Chandler's admission that "he got what he wanted" matches the version of events that I'm seeing. But this seems to be a Rorschach blot for everybody.
Sorry to butt in but
Some people discussing this actually talked to Chandler over the weekend at the
two fan events he attended so not everything is fan wanking or speculation.
Just because it is reported by SOD or another soap media outlets doesn't mean it is the whole truth
But does that necessarily mean Chandler's not putting a spin on things himself? I mean, he's not going to admit he made a mistake in announcing his leaving in that way, if that's what happened. He's not exactly objective about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Frankly, I don't think Will (whatever actor plays him) is a great favorite of TomSell. Will was absolutely the golden boy under MarDar (who didn't give a crap about Sonny) but under TomSell the baby plot for Wilson was just that - plot, and that plot was primarily designed to give Sami angst. The Wilson/Gabi baby stuff wasn't terrible by any means and got screen time, but Will lost a lot of the layers he had under MarDar.

Their favorites are Dannifer and Sami. Even EJ has simply become an appendage of Sami, frankly. General Hospital was run into the ground because the producers put their favorites/mary sues central to to show regardless of legacy or fan opinion. Days is not as bad as GH got when it became the Sonny, Carly and Jason misogyny hour, but it's getting there. Days is becoming the Dannifer/Sami Bizarro World, where everyone in town worships Daniel and is completely certain of Sami's innocence.

Honestly, I don't expect a great Wilson story with the new actor. I expect Will to continue to be a vehicle for Sami storylines.

And whatever happened with Chandler's exit, it was handled in a way that hurt the feelings of cast and crew, pissed off a lot of fans of the show and brought bad publicity down on them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

ladyofthelake
Aug 29 2013, 06:19 AM
trojangal
Aug 28 2013, 10:26 PM
granolagirl
Aug 28 2013, 07:34 PM
Keith
Aug 28 2013, 06:05 PM
Re-post from another thread:

I have issue with people continually calling out Massey for quitting. He didn't. He opted not to renew his contract. That's his choice. He still had a contract to finish. Surprise, surprise that the show decided to laugh in his face. I wouldn't mind half the decisions this show made if they ever showed an inch of tact.
If this is directed toward me, I have issues with people (not you, Keith) continuing to push one version of events behind the scenes as truth when it is clearly based on speculation and fanwank. That's where my post was coming from.

I do think Chandler's admission that "he got what he wanted" matches the version of events that I'm seeing. But this seems to be a Rorschach blot for everybody.
Sorry to butt in but
Some people discussing this actually talked to Chandler over the weekend at the
two fan events he attended so not everything is fan wanking or speculation.
Just because it is reported by SOD or another soap media outlets doesn't mean it is the whole truth
But does that necessarily mean Chandler's not putting a spin on things himself? I mean, he's not going to admit he made a mistake in announcing his leaving in that way, if that's what happened. He's not exactly objective about it.
I agree. I still maintain after speaking with Chandler (unless he changed his stance after letting this all sink in) that he doesn't believe he was fired (as he was going to be leaving no matter what when his contract was over)...instead he seemed to just wished Days would have shown him the decency to give him at least a a little bit of notice to let him know his stint on Days was over. Instead they seemed to treat him like used trash. Sure Chandler is an actor but he came across very truthful and genuine with things he said and he repeated these sentiments on more than one occasion which shows consistency in how he was feeling.

Edited by michr544125, Aug 29 2013, 06:52 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

michr544125
Aug 28 2013, 05:45 PM
I don't get why so many people think some big triangle is in the works. There is already a spoiler for fall where Will questions Sonny hanging around Brent so much and Will might not like the answer he gets. So to me the TV Guide article was only going off of that and making it sound like there is some big triangle coming that Massey starts off as Will and why a recast is needed. But TV Guide was only reporting old news already reported. Days seems to be simply recasting a legacy character to continue a popular pairing with Wilson. I don't think the recast has anything to do with a triangle continuing...not to say there won't be one eventually with the new actor.
Where is this spoiler that Sonny is hanging around Brent more I didn't see that spoiler. I really hope they go another route and not the triangle thing again. But I do hope they keep WilSon together and show them as a real couple.
Edited by lachelle73, Aug 29 2013, 07:59 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

zyona

Here is a quote of Ken Corday Re: Chandler Massey " KEN: Chandler is a natural, first of all. He plays that character so well as a conflicted man having to go through all the things he went through with his family. And to his credit, he has had a wonderful, wonderful co-star in Freddie Smith, who plays Sonny. It was a perfect storm – a great story idea, a great actor who was able to do it. Chandler deserves all the kudos he has gotten, and it was a well-deserved Emmy this second time around. I wish he would stay. I keep telling him to change his mind, don’t go away. But there comes a time in every young actor’s life when they are pretty much at the top of their game, or getting there, and they to have to take time for themselves to figure out what’s next. I take my hat off to him. The door will always be open here to Chandler. We are not going to recast Will, but I wish him well in the big pond"

This interview was shortly after the Emmys, and based on this interview, I don't think they were blidedsided.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Hugo
Aug 29 2013, 06:17 AM
I read somewhere that Chandler was informed his contract could be terminated early...
Any actor's contract can be terminated after each 13-week cycle. A few vets might have the 26-week cycle though.
Edited by Jason47, Aug 29 2013, 10:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

Jason47
Aug 29 2013, 10:15 AM
Hugo
Aug 29 2013, 06:17 AM
I read somewhere that Chandler was informed his contract could be terminated early...
Any actor's contract can be terminated after each 13-week cycle. A few vets might have the 26-week cycle though.
So really none of them are safe at this point so if the New Will and Sonny don't work would the backburn them or try another recast or, I am concerned for Freddie/Sonny he is good and I hope they give him a good story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cyndabell

I'm beginning to think there is no Will recast. So many things have been coming to the surface that I'm going to have to see it to believe it.
Edited by cyndabell, Aug 29 2013, 01:56 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

zyona
Aug 29 2013, 09:42 AM
Here is a quote of Ken Corday Re: Chandler Massey " KEN: Chandler is a natural, first of all. He plays that character so well as a conflicted man having to go through all the things he went through with his family. And to his credit, he has had a wonderful, wonderful co-star in Freddie Smith, who plays Sonny. It was a perfect storm – a great story idea, a great actor who was able to do it. Chandler deserves all the kudos he has gotten, and it was a well-deserved Emmy this second time around. I wish he would stay. I keep telling him to change his mind, don’t go away. But there comes a time in every young actor’s life when they are pretty much at the top of their game, or getting there, and they to have to take time for themselves to figure out what’s next. I take my hat off to him. The door will always be open here to Chandler. We are not going to recast Will, but I wish him well in the big pond"

This interview was shortly after the Emmys, and based on this interview, I don't think they were blidedsided.
You're talking like Ken has a say in who's hired and fired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
<3

Soapdom.com article about Chandler Massey.

http://www.soapdom.com/Exclusives/out-at-days-of-our-lives-chandler-massey-up-close-and-personal.html

Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Given that Chandler is on the cover of the Better Living book that is being pimped in a few weeks and he was scheduled to attend some signings, the suits at Days really did not spend much time thinking about the ramifications of letting him go four months early.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

cyndabell
Aug 29 2013, 01:55 PM
I'm beginning to think there is no Will recast. So many things have been coming to the surface that I'm going to have to see it to believe it.
To be honest, it's all confusing to me too. Chandler said at the Emmys that he would probably leave. No one was surprised and I doubt TPTB were either. Chandler has given several interviews since then saying he supports a recast and wants WilSon to continue. Thus encouraging his fans to be more accepting of a recast and to keep watching the show. This benefits Days.
Apparently Chandler had asked to be let out of his contract early as well. So I guess coincidentally Days found a recast and Chandler was let go early? Chandler said he didn't expect Days to find a recast so soon, but according to Jason47, new hires can be found quickly?
It's just weird. It's hard to decipher what's real in the media & the PR spin.
Who knows what really went down. I'm starting to think that Chandler had a good idea or knew he'd be "let go" last week. It makes sense. Maybe in exchange for Chandler giving those interviews saying he supports a recast, Days let him go early and in a way that makes fans sympathetic for Chandler & to give him media buzz. Doesn't sound like he was that upset at the fan events as most people would be (even if he was taking the "high road") Plus he keeps saying that it worked out for the best. :shrug:
Regardless, I'm surprised more WilSon fans aren't upset at his desire to ditch Days earlier than expected. Makes him look like he doesn't care about the show or WilSon and just wants to move on to new adventures. And Chandler did say the money is what he would miss the most, even if it was in a joking manner. I like Chandler and appreciate his time on Days, but this whole exit is strange. In some ways it just makes both Chandler and Days look bad :hmmph: ...but it generated media attention. Who knows.
ETA: As far as Chandler going on about focusing on school, I'd have to see that to believe it. And I certainly don't blame Chandler for wanting to further his acting career and hope he lands something good. He's very talented.
Edited by Ireland98, Aug 30 2013, 03:43 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

zyona

Ireland98
Aug 30 2013, 01:24 AM
cyndabell
Aug 29 2013, 01:55 PM
To be honest, it's all confusing to me too. Chandler said at the Emmys that he would probably leave. No one was surprised and I doubt TPTB were either. Chandler has given several interviews since then saying he supports a recast and wants WilSon to continue. Thus encouraging his fans to be more accepting of a recast and to keep watching the show. This benefits Days.
Apparently Chandler had asked to be let out of his contract early as well. So I guess coincidentally Days found a recast and Chandler was let go early? Chandler said he didn't expect Days to find a recast so soon, but according to Jason47, new hires can be found quickly?
It's just weird. It's hard to decipher what's real in the media & the PR spin.
Who knows what really went down. I'm starting to think that Chandler had a good idea or knew he'd be "let go" last week. It makes sense. Maybe in exchange for Chandler giving those interviews saying he supports a recast, Days let him go early and in a way that makes fans sympathetic for Chandler & to give him media buzz. Doesn't sound like he was that upset at the fan events as most people would be (even if he was taking the "high road") Plus he keeps saying that it worked out for the best. :shrug:
Regardless, I'm surprised more WilSon fans aren't upset at his desire to ditch Days earlier than expected. Makes him look like he doesn't care about the show or WilSon and just wants to move on to new adventures. And Chandler did say the money is what he would miss the most, even if it was in a joking manner. I like Chandler and appreciate his time on Days, but this whole exit is strange. In some ways it just makes both Chandler and Days look bad :hmmph: ...but it generated media attention. Who knows.
ETA: As far as Chandler going on about focusing on school, I'd have to see that to believe it. And I certainly don't blame Chandler for wanting to further his acting career and hope he lands something good. He's very talented.
He didn't ask to be let out early. He was told that if they find a replacement they will let him go early. The fact is what they did was Petty, waiting until he was done taping for the day telling him it was his last day. The boy will have a bright future, I think he made a smart decision to leave the show, before it sinks. The way they are going I will not be suprise if NBC decide not to renew the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Does "Days" start filming again tomorrow? Could nuWill be hitting the set?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Graceland
Sep 8 2013, 08:30 PM
I guarantee he does start this week but Im sure the show will keep the name under wraps like they did with Casey Moss.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Days is taping tomorrow.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

Ellie
Sep 8 2013, 10:08 PM
Days is taping tomorrow.
Finally!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

everything clears out....about Charlie Sheen when Chandler gave his speech when he won the emmy they knew each order
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Sep 8 2013, 09:13 PM
Graceland
Sep 8 2013, 08:30 PM
I guarantee he does start this week but Im sure the show will keep the name under wraps like they did with Casey Moss.
They're never going to be able to do that. No one cared about who JJ was. This is Will we're talkin' about! :cheer: Keep checking Twitter... :rockon:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic