Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (24,759 Views)
JtSmarts
Member Avatar

He wasn't my favorite version of Will but I wish him well in his endeavors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

I met Chandler in Atlanta several years ago when Days did that book tour, he was the most polite, sweet young man. I wish him all the luck in the world!!

I'm going to miss him as Will and I really hope we get at least a couple weeks break between old/new Will. There's nothing I hate worse than that....

"The role of Will Horton will now be played by....."

I really hate those. Pluse IMO its easier to accept a new casting of someone when there's a little break inbetween.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Well, the good thing about this taping schedule is that we will see Chandler until the end of the year. The bad news: I'll be dreading his exit every time he's on screen for the next 4 months.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Carly
Member Avatar

The timing of Chandler's exit, along with the recently tweeted photos of the DAYS cast wearing black, makes me wonder if people in Salem will be attending Will's funeral. Perhaps Will is presumed dead but is actually being held hostage. Will could be off canvas for a short amount of time while people in Salem think he's dead, and then the new Will could show up alive a short time later.

This could all dovetail with Nick's obsession with Gabi and Chad's recent mention of Gabi's previous crimes. Will could be pissed if he thinks that Gabi might reunite with Nick. Then Will would get even more pissed if Sonny tells him about Gabi's role in the DAYSaster, and so Will might sue for full custody of Ari. Nick could then try to "protect" Gabi by targeting Will, and perhaps Nick kidnaps Will and fakes Will's death. This way, Will would be off canvas for a short amount of time, and there would be a kind of buffer between Chandler Massey's exit and the arrival of the new Will.

And then Gabi's exit storyline could be her getting sent to prison for the whole Andrew/Melanie/DAYSaster thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AnthonyL

I dunno, I saw a soap once that did it in the middle of the show. The actor walked out of the room in the episode and when he came back it was the new actor. Recasts don't bother me I've watched soaps for so long.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AnthonyL

Carly
Aug 23 2013, 10:01 PM
The timing of Chandler's exit, along with the recently tweeted photos of the DAYS cast wearing black, makes me wonder if people in Salem will be attending Will's funeral. Perhaps Will is presumed dead but is actually being held hostage. Will could be off canvas for a short amount of time while people in Salem think he's dead, and then the new Will could show up alive a short time later.

This could all dovetail with Nick's obsession with Gabi and Chad's recent mention of Gabi's previous crimes. Will could be pissed if he thinks that Gabi might reunite with Nick. Then Will would get even more pissed if Sonny tells him about Gabi's role in the DAYSaster, and so Will might sue for full custody of Ari. Nick could then try to "protect" Gabi by targeting Will, and perhaps Nick kidnaps Will and fakes Will's death. This way, Will would be off canvas for a short amount of time, and there would be a kind of buffer between Chandler Massey's exit and the arrival of the new Will.

And then Gabi's exit storyline could be her getting sent to prison for the whole Andrew/Melanie/DAYSaster thing.
I thought Corday said the new story wouldn't involve the baby, which would rule out a custody battle. Though we know he lies. But honestly, I think when she leaves, she'll take the baby with her.
Edited by AnthonyL, Aug 23 2013, 10:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Carly, I think your scenario is very plausible. AS also tweeted today that she was taping some "challenging material," which could possibly tie in with some sort of presumed dead Will storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

AnthonyL
Aug 23 2013, 10:10 PM
Carly
Aug 23 2013, 10:01 PM

I thought Corday said the new story wouldn't involve the baby, which would rule out a custody battle. Though we know he lies. But honestly, I think when she leaves, she'll take the baby with her.
with all the recent mentions of the cliffhanger ESPECIALLY the convo between Chad/Sonny yesterday, I would guess Gabi's exit will entail her going to prison for her part in the cliffhanger, just a guess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

AnthonyL
Aug 23 2013, 10:08 PM
I dunno, I saw a soap once that did it in the middle of the show. The actor walked out of the room in the episode and when he came back it was the new actor. Recasts don't bother me I've watched soaps for so long.
Even worse...one show did it in the middle of a scene! One actress began to hug her onscreen mother, and when she came out of the hug, it was a new actress. LOL!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

The show is stocked with so gay men behind-the-scenes now, that I have total faith that they'll cast a good actor to pair Freddie with and make sure the chemistry is there. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

jdawg1077

Whoa Charlie Sheen just unloaded on Days on twitter regarding Chanlder. How bizarre lol. I'm sure Chandler is really embarrassed right about now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

Graceland
Aug 23 2013, 10:16 PM
The show is stocked with so gay men behind-the-scenes now, that I have total faith that they'll cast a good actor to pair Freddie with and make sure the chemistry is there. lol
"Now"? As opposed to in the past when there were only a few? I would think there has always been a great many behind the scenes, as well as in front.
Edited by badaddiction, Aug 23 2013, 10:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ireland98

This is just sad. I knew he was leaving, but wish we could've kept him a few more months. Will should be recast but doing it immediately is going to be very weird and probably hard to watch. I hope the new actor is good because I do want WilSon to keep going. Chandler is a fantastic actor and I'm glad he received so many well deserved accolades and awards during these past few years. I couldn't imagine another soap actor his age pulling off all the emotional scenes. Chandler's scenes with Deidre, Casey, James, and Freddie all created a lot of buzz and popularity. That is rare. WilSon has a huge fan base and duo can't have a strong following unless the actors have chemistry and work well together. I can't imagine Freddie with another actor and still think of them as WilSon, but I will try. Best of luck to Chandler. I highly enjoyed watching him mature in a wonderful young actor on Days.
Edited by Ireland98, Aug 23 2013, 10:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

badaddiction
Aug 23 2013, 10:22 PM
Graceland
Aug 23 2013, 10:16 PM
"Now"? As opposed to in the past when there were only a few? I would think there has always been a great many behind the scenes, as well as in front.
The head writers though? The current ones are gay, right?

I'm sure the scenes with Sonny and Brian and the reaction and the term "chemistry" being thrown around in the fan world was not lost on them.

Chandler was not cast at a time when they foresaw a gay storyline coming down the road. Even though it's acting, some actors still have a tough time kissing another man, or at least making it believable. Many straight actors (wait, are there any) have no trouble getting it on with a female co-star because it's usually something they've taken part in in their private lives. This isn't always the case, but it is something I'm sure casting directors, and TPTB look for. They probably had Freddie there locking lips with at least 30 actors in the last month. :blulaugh: :drunk:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Ireland98
Aug 23 2013, 10:37 PM
This is just sad. I knew he was leaving, but wish we could've kept him a few more months. Will should be recast but doing it immediately is going to be very weird and probably hard to watch.
They obviously want to start fresh for the coming year. The Christmas/December episodes have been filmed. Chandler came on board in February 2010. They started fresh at the beginning of the year.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

I don't doubt that we'll find out who the new Will is in a week or two. This is the age of social media. It'll leak.
Offline Profile Goto Top

zyona

I will miss CM, and wish him success. I think it may be a good move to leave the show now, as we don't know how long days will be on the air.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

AnthonyL
Hell, didn't DAYS do it?! Didn't Mark Valley's Jack step into a prison shower & turned into Ken Doll Jack (actor's name totally escapes me) in the same episode?
Online Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt
Aug 23 2013, 11:09 PM
AnthonyL
Hell, didn't DAYS do it?! Didn't Mark Valley's Jack step into a prison shower & turned into Ken Doll Jack (actor's name totally escapes me) in the same episode?
Love of Life did it best!
Online Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Matt
Aug 23 2013, 11:09 PM
AnthonyL
I didn't think that it was a prison shower -- I thought that it was his shower in whatever house he was staying in with Jennifer at the time -- but yes, that happened.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic