Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Chandler Massey done taping Days; Updated with TV Guide interview p11
Topic Started: Aug 23 2013, 07:42 PM (25,334 Views)
jb1183

I thought Chandler was excellent during Will's coming out story, but he's been majorly phoning it in the past few months.

And don't throw rocks at me, but I don't think the chemistry between him and Freddie is anything that special, and it's almost entirely on Chandler's end. I think there's actually a very good chance the recast will have MORE chemistry with Freddie than Chandler did.

And, to be honest, I am just baffled by people who would prefer Freddie be let go than have Will recast. If you're a fan of Freddie and Sonny, you should want him to remain on the show.
Edited by jb1183, Aug 25 2013, 10:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

watch the new will come on and do a total 180 he's buff, black hair, and loves woman lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Bummer! Maybe Chandler plans on enrolling fulltime at UCLA this fall. He can't do that and fulfill the last 3 months of his contract.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Honeybees
Aug 25 2013, 06:26 AM
So, reading all the tea leaves:

Chandler thought he was staying until December, and he might have been convinced to stay longer if they gave him a good offer. I'm guessing more than money, he wanted more time for school and other projects.

At some point during negotiations, he agreed to leave early if they found a recast.

They found a recast and let him go abruptly yesterday. He was open to staying with a reduced schedule and he certainly didn't expect to be told to pack his dressing room and get out. It probably did hurt his feelings. Even if he was hell bent on going, he probably didn't expect it to happen so soon or in this manner.

The show probably told him that he could re-sign on their terms or hit the highway.

The show didn't even give him a chance to say goodbye to crew and cast.

In other words, they gave their double-emmy winning young male lead the boot in a way that was ungracious, after working him into exhaustion. Showbiz is cruel, but that still seems rather unnecessary.

I'm sure Chandler will be fine. He can take classes, audition, play in his band and maybe even travel. I wish him well, and I think he's a fine young actor. I do think he probably got burned out.

This is all speculation, but that's where the puzzle pieces seem to fit.

I was in Chicago and talked to Chandler. I asked him if he would stay on a reduced schedule and he said no because it wasn't fair to the Wilson story. He said the story belongs on the front burner and it wouldn't be able to be on the front burner if he worked a reduced schedule. He truly wants to see Will and Sonny get married and show they can be a family in that regard. He said the plan was to leave and he knew from the time he made that decision the role would be recast. It was the fact he was given no notice that disappointed him because he didn't get to even say goodbye to many people but acknowledge this is how the business goes sometimes, but added that he got what he asked for so... He is going back to school in Sep full time and plans to live on campus. He even mentioned about possibly joining a fraternity and joining sports teams at school. He wants the full college experience. He does want to do other things but he wants a college degree and not be a college drop out as he comes from a very educated family.

I asked about the bedroom set. I'm not 100% sure what that means but I did ask about it in reference to Will and Sonny so sounds like it's either Wilson finally being shown some bedroom scenes again or one of them cheating. Most people at the table took it as Will and Sonny with possibly a love scene (s) but that is just our feelings. I didn't want to push the question any more when I found out after all this time the bedroom returns but without Chandler in the role. Awkward moment...
Edited by michr544125, Aug 26 2013, 01:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Well, Will and Sonny's love scenes don't have to occur in their bedroom (just look at the nastiness that just occurred in their living room last week while they were gone... :puke: ), so that doesn't necessarily mean that Will and Sonny will not have another love scene until the new actor takes over the role.

Granted, that's probably exactly what it means, but I'm just saying that it doesn't have to mean that. There are plenty of others places where they could make love to each other.

If Chandler knew that such a scene was coming soon, that implies to me that he had already seen that script, so I'd say that it was originally written with him in mind, but he was deprived of the chance to act out that scene because of the sudden recast. That also implies to me that there won't be much of a gap between Chandler's last scene and the new actor's debut, but I could be wrong. I don't know how far in advance the actors' scripts are received.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Aug 26 2013, 01:05 AM
Honeybees

Chandler thought he was staying until December, and he might have been convinced to stay longer if they gave him a good offer. I'm guessing more than money, he wanted more time for school and other projects.

At some point during negotiations, he agreed to leave early if they found a recast.

They found a recast and let him go abruptly yesterday. He was open to staying with a reduced schedule and he certainly didn't expect to be told to pack his dressing room and get out. It probably did hurt his feelings. Even if he was hell bent on going, he probably didn't expect it to happen so soon or in this manner.

The show probably told him that he could re-sign on their terms or hit the highway.

In other words, they gave their double-emmy winning young male lead the boot in a way that was ungracious, after working him into exhaustion. Showbiz is cruel, but that still seems rather unnecessary.

I'm sure Chandler will be fine. He can take classes, audition, play in his band and maybe even travel. I wish him well, and I think he's a fine young actor. I do think he probably got burned out.

I was in Chicago and talked to Chandler. I asked him if he would stay on a reduced schedule and he said no because it wasn't fair to the Wilson story. He said the story belongs on the front burner and it wouldn't be able to be on the front burner if he worked a reduced schedule. He truly wants to see Will and Sonny get married and show they can be a family in that regard. He said the plan was to leave and he knew from the time he made that decision the role would be recast. It was the fact he was given no notice that disappointed him because he didn't get to even say goodbye to many people but acknowledge this is how the business goes sometimes, but added that he got what he asked for so... He is going back to school in Sep full time and plans to live on campus. He even mentioned about possibly joining a fraternity and joining sports teams at school. He wants the full college experience. He does want to do other things but he wants a college degree and not be a college drop out as he comes from a very educated family.

I asked about the bedroom set. I'm not 100% sure what that means but I did ask about it in reference to Will and Sonny so sounds like it's either Wilson finally being shown some bedroom scenes again or one of them cheating. Most people at the table took it as Will and Sonny with possibly a love scene (s) but that is just our feelings. I didn't want to push the question any more when I found out after all this time the bedroom returns but without Chandler in the role. Awkward moment...
Thanks! That's great information. In the grand scheme of things, I think Chandler will be fine. I don't blame him for wanting to live on campus and be a student, it's a great experience. So glad he'll be able to start in September!
Offline Profile Goto Top

newlabone

I hope that we will soon find out who as been cast as the new will Horton . time for everyone to start snooping and get it out there. more than like ken Corday and his 2 puppet writers will try and keep it from us. :whooohooo:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Aug 26 2013, 12:42 AM
watch the new will come on and do a total 180 he's buff, black hair, and loves woman lol
Every will since the started had Brown hair aside will from 2002/3 that was blond with shade of honey that look like mix of blonde and Brown.Massey was that was total blond which my guess recast to look like Sami and noting like lucas since was around tosmell let go dattilo in 2012.unless they hire the actor that play Michael in gh it better to hire someone that brunette hair or shade of hair like Will from 2002 that look like mix both of his parents not just one of them.
Edited by Partnersincrime, Aug 26 2013, 07:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

newlabone
Aug 26 2013, 07:03 AM
I hope that we will soon find out who as been cast as the new will Horton . time for everyone to start snooping and get it out there. more than like ken Corday and his 2 puppet writers will try and keep it from us. :whooohooo:
I want to find out also. I have to imagine that Days found somebody that Freddie has incredible chemistry with so they couldn't pass up on snagging up this guy. Chandler and Freddie did amazing things together for the show. But Chandler seems ready to move on. So I am glad the story is continuing. I am hoping this results in Freddie being the lead of the couple. It's going to be hard for a lot of fans to accept a new actor playing Will, so having Will support Sonny for a while makes the most sense. I just want to see Freddie sizzle with the new actor like he did with Brant Daugherty. I keep saying it but he has chemistry with everybody so I can't imagine him not with the new actor. Just my guess but sounds like to me since they have their recast he is probably starting right away. The sense I got was that there is no space in between Chandler leaving and the new guy coming. I think that could be a mistake but we shall see.
Edited by michr544125, Aug 26 2013, 07:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lachelle73

michr544125
Honeybees

I don't see Sonny or Will cheating on the other so maybe we will see Will and Sonny in a love scenes but with the new Will. That is sad I hope we get to see Chandler and Freddie in a love scene before he goes we have 3 mos of them so I am going to enjoy them and I will continue to watch for Freddie/Sonny to support him. Will have to see the chem with Freddie and the new guy before making a judgement, we know Freddie can hold his own has Sonny so we'll have to see what the new guys brings to the table.
Offline Profile Goto Top

michr544125

Luce
Aug 23 2013, 09:04 PM
I know not everyone feels the same way about Chandler, or this news in general, but from the previews I've been reading about what's coming, I'm actually starting to mostly feel disappointed because it doesn't sound like we're going to get much from the Will/Sonny part of his storyline before he leaves. That's really all I could ask for at this point, but unless they came up with something good for them around Christmas, it's been looking like Will and Sonny's story is still pretty slow and/or more focused on Nick and Gabi than themselves. I'm pretty bummed about this in that regard. If I'm going to lose him (I wish him the best but I'm sad) I kinda had been banking on having an event to attach it to instead of new!Will just... showing up one day.

If that's the case, I will be VERY curious about the chemistry the recast will have with Freddie. I know nothing about this at all, but having to jump headlong into an established relationship doesn't seem like it would be easy...

Also, Charlie Sheen is an idiot.
That is the same feeling I get. I think Wilson is going to very slow until the recast starts. It doesn't sound like much is coming up for them nor Will.

And I got clarification to me asking Chandler if we would ever see the Wilson bedroom set again. His answer was

"Yes, you will, but it won't be with me, so it will air in January."

So sounds like he had to of gotten the script and why it seems pretty clear the new actor starts right away. That is why I was stung not knowing what to say but just couldn't remember the exact answer later so asked somebody else. So not one more bedroom scene between Chandler and Freddie...
Edited by michr544125, Aug 26 2013, 10:08 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

The lack of past or future sex scenes between Will and Sonny does not bother me because the rest of the young characters aren't having much sex either. Before last week's Nick and Gabi romp, you would have to back to March or April to find the last time the young characters had a sex scene as these characters are exceptionally chaste. I think last week's Nick and Gabi sex was more of a plot point to advance the story so it doesn't other me at all.

I only ask that the actor hired has no reservations with same sex intimacy. Thousands of people on YouTube do not have these reservations so it shouldn't be too difficult for Days to have found one. It would be even better if the newly hired guy was openly gay so as to nip this problem in the bud from the beginning. If Y&R and OLTL can both employ openly gay actors despite neither of those shows currently having a gay storyline or character, I don't see why Days couldn't do the same for Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

michr544125
Honeybees

If that's the case, then good for him!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

So if the new actor playing Will starts taping today, we should be able to find out who it is.

Maybe Kristian or someone will "tweet" a pic??
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Aug 26 2013, 11:34 AM
So if the new actor playing Will starts taping today, we should be able to find out who it is.

Maybe Kristian or someone will "tweet" a pic??
There is no taping today. The studio is dark for the next two weeks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

I guess DAYS is "dark" this week so we won't find out.

Unless....because so many people had been rooting for "Chill" instead of "WilSon," maybe the Chad lookalike is the new Will?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

JoeBucs32
Aug 26 2013, 11:35 AM
Unless....because so many people had been rooting for "Chill" instead of "WilSon," maybe the Chad lookalike is the new Will?!
I dn't think recasts are chosen on the grounds of which couples people wish for. And usually, the recast should resemble the actor in the previous role, not an actor in another role.

(Emphasis on 'usually'. You never know with Days.)
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Chandler Massey - thanks for fleshing Will out and doing a great job for most of your run. Onwards and upwards.

Re-cast (whomever you are) - I'm so ready for you! I hope you measure up and bring something new to the table.

I'd rather be excited for the future potential of this character than dwell on the loss of an actor we already knew was leaving (albeit not quite so soon). In a way, Chandler's slipping performances the past few months have made it easier for me to let go. There was a time when I refused to countenance the idea of someone other than him playing Will; now, I'm just excited to see whether or not the new actor has chemistry with Freddie. Sadly, Chandler has very little. Possibly none.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Oh, and Charlie - lay off the coke, you degenerate jackass.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jb1183

JessicaLeigh
Aug 26 2013, 02:57 PM
now, I'm just excited to see whether or not the new actor has chemistry with Freddie. Sadly, Chandler has very little. Possibly none.
Agreed. That's why I'm flummoxed by the POV that the Wilson chemistry is so exceptional and unique to the actors that Sonny, a well received and promising character and the future of the Kiriakis family, should be written off the canvas with Will because Chandler wants to go back to school. Hell, Freddie had more chemistry with the actor who played Brian than with Chandler.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic