Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Eileen Davidson Returns to Y&R for 3 episodes
Topic Started: Aug 27 2013, 07:58 PM (4,060 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

A spokesperson for THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS has confirmed exclusively to Soaps In Depth that Eileen Davidson will be making a visit to Genoa City later this fall! She'll be appearing as Ashley for three episodes in late October.

No other details are available at this time.

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2013/08/exclusive-davidson-returns-to-yr.html#more
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

...it's only three episodes? Interesting. Maybe she can play both Kristen and Ashley when the story calls for it.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I thought she was done with DOOL.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

NOOOOOOOOOOO! Kristen > Ashley.

Lol, at least it's only for 3 episodes though.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

NocturnalBlondie
Aug 27 2013, 08:22 PM

Well, that's the thing. It's not concrete. I'm hoping that somehow it can be worked out that Davidson can actually do both shows when the story calls for it. For example, bring Kristen on for two-three months at a time to play out a particular arc and then have her go over to Y&R to play Ashley for a bit. It's a win-win for Davidson. She has a flexible schedule, can work whenever she wants, and can play both Kristen and Ashley at the same time. Stefano was always in/out back in the 1980's to keep the character from turning grey.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Glad its short term!

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Yay Ashley! Glad to see Jack's sister will be making a visit.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

If it's anything like her "return" for Victor and Nikki's wedding it'll be a blink and you'll miss it moment. Poor Ashley can never get the good storylines without being treated as an appendage to her brother or Victor. :drunk:

am103
Member Avatar

It's only a matter of time now. I really don't see her going back to Days. I'd love to be wrong though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

I don't know why anyone is booing her return. She is only returning for three episodes.

thepadange

Casey
Aug 27 2013, 08:26 PM
NocturnalBlondie
Aug 27 2013, 08:22 PM

Well, that's the thing. It's not concrete. I'm hoping that somehow it can be worked out that Davidson can actually do both shows when the story calls for it. For example, bring Kristen on for two-three months at a time to play out a particular arc and then have her go over to Y&R to play Ashley for a bit. It's a win-win for Davidson. She has a flexible schedule, can work whenever she wants, and can play both Kristen and Ashley at the same time. Stefano was always in/out back in the 1980's to keep the character from turning grey.
This is what I'm hoping for. Maybe SONY can arrange that?
But as soapcentral states "the door will reportedly be left open for a more substantial return at a later date", so this may as well mean Y&R full-time.
I'm glad to see Eileen/Ashley on Y&R, but I'll miss her on Days as Kristen much much more!

I'm just hoping to see her back on Days some time in not so distant future, one can hope, can't one? :pray: :pray: :pray:
Edited by thepadange, Aug 28 2013, 02:48 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Thank GOD its for only 3 episodes...but even THAT makes me mad and Im not going to justify that either.

metitle
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 27 2013, 08:46 PM
It's only a matter of time now. I really don't see her going back to Days. I'd love to be wrong though.
I hope she return to Days. Nicole needs someone to tangle with. Plus she plays crazy and bitch so well.
She can take on both Sami and Nicole without even breaking a sweat. So Days needs Kirsten.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

metitle
Aug 28 2013, 12:17 PM
am103
Aug 27 2013, 08:46 PM
I hope she return to Days. Nicole needs someone to tangle with. Plus she plays crazy and bitch so well.
She can take on both Sami and Nicole without even breaking a sweat. So Days needs Kirsten.
I would love if she could do both roles but Y&R hardly ever gives Ashley a good storyline so I don't know if ED did decide to come back will she be anything more than wallpaper? Just look at poor Tracie! :/
Edited by Panda Panda, Aug 28 2013, 01:18 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Although I'll always love Kristen, Davidson just fits so much better on Y&R as Ashley. I'm interested to see what brings Ashley back to Genoa City for just three episodes. I still think Davidson will return to Y&R full time. Maybe this will be her lead in.

metitle
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Aug 28 2013, 12:59 PM
Although I'll always love Kristen, Davidson just fits so much better on Y&R as Ashley. I'm interested to see what brings Ashley back to Genoa City for just three episodes. I still think Davidson will return to Y&R full time. Maybe this will be her lead in.
Her role on Y&R seems like a lap-dog for Victurd.
on Days, she was all over the place. Who would have thought to rape a priest? --Kirsten!
She needs to be back on Days. I can't believe they called it quits on her already.
Just when she was taking her sneaky, bitchy role to the next level.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

metitle
Aug 28 2013, 05:39 PM
DrewHamilton
on Days, she was all over the place. Who would have thought to rape a priest? --Kristen!
She needs to be back on Days. I can't believe they called it quits on her already.
She decided not to renew her contract with Days because she was too overworked and spent much time with reading scripts than with her family. She gave a good interview addressing everything a few weeks ago in SOD.

It's nice having ED on both soaps but it seems like Y&R really needs to treat Ashley better her character might as well a random background waiter in the cafe. :lol:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

metitle
Aug 28 2013, 05:39 PM
DrewHamilton
on Days, she was all over the place. Who would have thought to rape a priest? --Kirsten!
She hasn't been with Victor in years, her main role imo, is being in jack's business every chance she gets.
I don't care one way or another if she comes back, but I'm perfectly happy without her.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza!! I haven't seen a Monchichi doll for ages :)

Checkers
Member Avatar

I missed Ashley. Glad to see ED is coming back even for a short time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply