Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Spoilers for the week of September 9th; *updated 9/2*
Topic Started: Aug 27 2013, 11:43 PM (19,369 Views)
S loves EJ

camera shy
Sep 2 2013, 10:38 AM
S loves EJ
Sep 2 2013, 10:11 AM
Bernadi was gonna hurt Rafe because of Kate not Will, and if itīs proven that he was dirty itīs better for Samiīs case than if he was an upstanding police. Still the truth about Will is probably gonna come out too in order to explain the video.
Yes I know Bernaldi was going to hurt Rafe on orders by Stefano because he was jealous of Rafe and Kate, but it seems like they don't want to address that Bernaldi was doing Stefano's bidding that day because if they dare to bring up Stefano's name then what he had on Will will come to light. I'm just wondering if Justin will bring out in court the true reason why Bernaldi was out to hurt Rafe. So what if he was a dirty cop, they have to tell the jury the reason why he out to hurt Rafe.

Sami doesnīt want the truth about Will to come out, so I donīt see Justin doing anything against his client wishes. It did say in the fall preview though about a surpise witness that comes in to save Sami. I think it will be Stefano and that he will reveal the truth about Will. Iīm not sure how he is suppose to do that without incriminate himself though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

The one thing they do need to work on is the timing of the big reveals. If they didn't have all the stories peak at the same time we wouldn't be having these lulls. There's no reason the Kristen reveal had to happen the same week as the Will/Gabi/Nick storyline.
Online Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

TreasureCove
Sep 2 2013, 10:50 AM
Ellie
Sep 2 2013, 10:33 AM
TreasureCove
Sep 2 2013, 10:31 AM
Roman, Bo, Hope, ect... are all dirty cops who have disposed of or ignored evidence to protect family members like Nick, Sami, Brady. If someone kills one of them, than finds proof the one they killed disposed of evidence...
Do you not see a difference between being a cop and simultaneously working for a mob boss like Stefano, and being a cop and looking the other way once or twice when your daughter's in trouble? They're both wrong, but imo one is much worse.
Yes, I see the difference. But even if they prove that Bernardi is guilty, Sami has still been caught lying over and over, and if the planted evidence comes out, and she had options other than shooting him in the back. I'm just saying that given everything, the Jury should still doubt her version of what actually happened in that hospital room.

The razor will probably turn up to back up Samiīs story. She only had other options if there was enough time left to scream which can be hard to determine, but since itīs a soap we pretty much can be sure of that she will be found innocence because of selfdefence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 2 2013, 10:54 AM
TreasureCove
Ellie
TreasureCove
Roman, Bo, Hope, ect... are all dirty cops who have disposed of or ignored evidence to protect family members like Nick, Sami, Brady. If someone kills one of them, than finds proof the one they killed disposed of evidence...
Do you not see a difference between being a cop and simultaneously working for a mob boss like Stefano, and being a cop and looking the other way once or twice when your daughter's in trouble? They're both wrong, but imo one is much worse.
Yes, I see the difference. But even if they prove that Bernardi is guilty, Sami has still been caught lying over and over, and if the planted evidence comes out, and she had options other than shooting him in the back. I'm just saying that given everything, the Jury should still doubt her version of what actually happened in that hospital room.
I understand what you're saying. It will be interesting to see how and whether things are twisted around to make her seem innocent. Who knows, they could have her do like 1,000 hours of community service or something. LOL she'll probably work at Eric's school. Saint Sami!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Marlena and Nicole team up against Kristen

YES. That's all I need for the week. I am so ready for this!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

TreasureCove
Sep 2 2013, 11:18 AM
Ellie
Sep 2 2013, 10:54 AM
TreasureCove
Ellie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I understand what you're saying. It will be interesting to see how and whether things are twisted around to make her seem innocent. Who knows, they could have her do like 1,000 hours of community service or something. LOL she'll probably work at Eric's school. Saint Sami!
Posted Image
in response to prevuze/Lucas, Chelsea got such a light sentence because Kate had paid off Eve to steal the evidence disk that would have proven that Chelsea had been distracted while driving that night. she also had it made to look like it was Bo who took the disk.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lady Evol

TreasureCove
Ellie
TreasureCove
Which is why them finding some sort of evidence to back up Kayla's theory that Sami didn't kill Bernardi would be the best way for them to go with the trial.

Plot twist: it was Marge- when she heard he was in the hospital she saw the chance to get rid of him and keep all the money for herself... :popcorn:
Offline Profile Goto Top

jwsel
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Sep 2 2013, 11:05 AM
camera shy
S loves EJ
Bernadi was gonna hurt Rafe because of Kate not Will, and if itīs proven that he was dirty itīs better for Samiīs case than if he was an upstanding police. Still the truth about Will is probably gonna come out too in order to explain the video.
Yes I know Bernaldi was going to hurt Rafe on orders by Stefano because he was jealous of Rafe and Kate, but it seems like they don't want to address that Bernaldi was doing Stefano's bidding that day because if they dare to bring up Stefano's name then what he had on Will will come to light. I'm just wondering if Justin will bring out in court the true reason why Bernaldi was out to hurt Rafe. So what if he was a dirty cop, they have to tell the jury the reason why he out to hurt Rafe.

Sami doesnīt want the truth about Will to come out, so I donīt see Justin doing anything against his client wishes. It did say in the fall preview though about a surpise witness that comes in to save Sami. I think it will be Stefano and that he will reveal the truth about Will. Iīm not sure how he is suppose to do that without incriminate himself though.
Why would the truth about Will have to come out?

As the defendant, Sami just has to raise reasonable doubt. Justin could cross-examine Marge about Bernardi and bring out that he worked for Stefano. Then he could call Kate to testify that Stefano learned about her relationship with Rafe when he was in the hospital and was or would have been furious about it. (I don't recall if Stefano revealed how angry he was.) Then Justin calls nearly anyone in Salem to testify to a long history of Stefano hating and trying to hurt Rafe -- he tried to kill Rafe in the safe house, he replaced Rafe with a doppelganger, he probably tried to have Rafe killed in South America, etc.

The tricky part of the defense is that there is no knife. But if Justin could show that Sami knew Bernardi worked for Stefano, when she saw him in Rafe's room leaning over Rafe in a menacing fashion, she had every reason to assume he was about to hurt Rafe on Stefano's orders. That actually is how the video can help Sami. Justin could point to it and have to have someone (EJ?) testify that Sami knew Bernardi worked for Stefano and had threatened Sami previously. Maybe the prosecutor asks why, but it is very dangerous to ask a question at trial if you have no idea what the answer will be. And someone like EJ could easily obscure the reason.

And even if the truth about Will shooting EJ came out, I'm not sure why everyone is so obessed with keeping that secret at this point. Lucas already confessed and served time for the crime, and Will was a minor whose mother was being forced to marry someone against her will. So what if people testify that the the video was because Sami was concerned about evidence of that shooting coming to light. A prosecutor would be an idiot to bring charges against Will. First, it is very unlikely that Will would be tried as an adult given the circumstances of the shooting (minors are usually tried as adults in cases of premeditation). Second, Lucas' confession and conviction almost certainly is reasonable doubt that would prevent a jury from convicting Will.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Angie79
Aug 27 2013, 11:43 PM

Justin cross-examines Marge and goes in for the kill at Sami's trial.

Woohoo! Go Justin!!! Cant wait to see that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mollymay

S loves EJ
Sep 2 2013, 11:15 AM
TreasureCove
Ellie
TreasureCove

The razor will probably turn up to back up Samiīs story. She only had other options if there was enough time left to scream which can be hard to determine, but since itīs a soap we pretty much can be sure of that she will be found innocence because of selfdefence.
I always thought...given the collective IQ of the Salem police department...that the razor was given back to Marge in Bernardi's personal effects. Whether by an idiot cop who couldn't put two and two together and realize a knife and razor were similar or by someone wanting to protect Joe's reputation.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

jwsel
Sep 2 2013, 11:32 AM
S loves EJ
camera shy
S loves EJ

As the defendant, Sami just has to raise reasonable doubt. Justin could cross-examine Marge about Bernardi and bring out that he worked for Stefano. Then he could call Kate to testify that Stefano learned about her relationship with Rafe when he was in the hospital and was or would have been furious about it. (I don't recall if Stefano revealed how angry he was.) Then Justin calls nearly anyone in Salem to testify to a long history of Stefano hating and trying to hurt Rafe -- he tried to kill Rafe in the safe house, he replaced Rafe with a doppelganger, he probably tried to have Rafe killed in South America, etc.

The tricky part of the defense is that there is no knife. But if Justin could show that Sami knew Bernardi worked for Stefano, when she saw him in Rafe's room leaning over Rafe in a menacing fashion, she had every reason to assume he was about to hurt Rafe on Stefano's orders. That actually is how the video can help Sami. Justin could point to it and have to have someone (EJ?) testify that Sami knew Bernardi worked for Stefano and had threatened Sami previously. Maybe the prosecutor asks why, but it is very dangerous to ask a question at trial if you have no idea what the answer will be. And someone like EJ could easily obscure the reason.

And even if the truth about Will shooting EJ came out, I'm not sure why everyone is so obessed with keeping that secret at this point. Lucas already confessed and served time for the crime, and Will was a minor whose mother was being forced to marry someone against her will. So what if people testify that the the video was because Sami was concerned about evidence of that shooting coming to light. A prosecutor would be an idiot to bring charges against Will. First, it is very unlikely that Will would be tried as an adult given the circumstances of the shooting (minors are usually tried as adults in cases of premeditation). Second, Lucas' confession and conviction almost certainly is reasonable doubt that would prevent a jury from convicting Will.

I guess Iīm not an expert in american law, I thought they needed to prove Samiīs innocence not just raise reasonable doubts. I also thought since CM is leaving that it would be a easy way to get rid of Will if they sent him to prison, even if it was just for a shorter sentence, but since they have change their mind about recasting Will maybe the truth wonīt come out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

S loves EJ
Sep 2 2013, 11:56 AM
jwsel
S loves EJ
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I guess Iīm not an expert in american law, I thought they needed to prove Samiīs innocence not just raise reasonable doubts. I also thought since CM is leaving that it would be a easy way to get rid of Will if they sent him to prison, even if it was just for a shorter sentence, but since they have change their mind about recasting Will maybe the truth wonīt come out.
nope. you don't have to prove innocence. the job of the defense is to create a case for reasonable doubt. as long as they've proven that there is a potential alternate truth to what the prosecution is claiming, they've done their job. it's part of why some of the recent really high profile cases have resulted in "not guilty".
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Ellie
Sep 2 2013, 10:48 AM
blueskies
Sep 2 2013, 10:45 AM
Looks like things are finally picking up again. Thanks! I go back and forth on Sami's trial but I'm glad they're dragging it out. Feels much more real than the blink and you miss it trials off the past five years atleast.
Yeah, I don't mind the long trial. A trial on Days used to be a huge event... I'm glad they're swinging back in that direction.
I just hope it's not as long as the Curtis Reed trial. I swear that went on forever
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
camera shy
S loves EJ

I'm thinking that Adrienne is the surprise witness. It will actually be funny if it is because the one who put Sami back in jail will be the one to save her.
Edited by LovinXtina, Sep 2 2013, 12:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

I want it to be Stefano because I want him to get back at EJ for taking his company and I want to see some good Ejami angst if Stefano get EJ to come back to the dark side.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

DS1126
Sep 2 2013, 12:53 PM
S loves EJ
camera shy
S loves EJ

I'm thinking that Adrienne is the surprise witness. It will actually be funny if it is because the one who put Sami back in jail will be the one to save her.
I think it's a pretty good bet that it's going to be Adrienne too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

S loves EJ
Sep 2 2013, 01:03 PM
I want it to be Stefano because I want him to get back at EJ for taking his company and I want to see some good Ejami angst if Stefano get EJ to come back to the dark side.
You might get some good Ejami angst if Sami's convicted because of that fake bank account EJ set up. Although later, Adrienne will probably be the one to save her neck.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Well, we're running out of possibilities! Adrienne and Stefano are the two most likely ones. Who else is left - Kristen, Timmy, Bernardi himself?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

jwsel
S loves EJ
camera shy
S loves EJ

Both/Will Sonny have just been ordered to trial.
I believe Melinda is on Stefeno pay roll and she
has been ordered to convict Will.Now :shrug: Sami/Will
will both be working on the chain gang.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 1 2013, 05:32 PM
Panda Panda
Sep 1 2013, 03:51 PM
magicsteacher
Sep 1 2013, 02:44 PM
DS1126
Sep 1 2013, 01:56 PM
I wonder why Nick would go on stand for Sami's trial?
Probably because Sami pulled a gun on Nick in her office.
why would anyone know that?
Nick mentioned it once to Kate. Kate probably lets it slips when she's on the stand.
Well now it sounds like Nick will have to
join the nice testimony party.Come on in
Nick have a seat and make yourself comfortable.
Looks the deck is stacked against :shrug: Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic