Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, August 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 28 2013, 07:21 AM (8,273 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Ah, the Penthouse. It's amazing that Marlena is still drawing breath considering she fell from that height (and landed on Sami, no less). Of course, she's also been possessed by Satan and shot to death, so she really is quite the survivor. :)

Keith
Member Avatar

I miss the penthouse.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

God I miss the penthouse. Salem doesn't seem quite right without it.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I miss the penthouse. They need to bring John and the penthouse back and give Marlena back her palace so she isn't just wandering the streets like she does now. Or better yet give John and Marlena back the old house across the street from Alice and Tom's.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Rosebud
Aug 28 2013, 09:58 AM
I miss the penthouse. They need to bring John and the penthouse back and give Marlena back her palace so she isn't just wandering the streets like she does now. Or better yet give John and Marlena back the old house across the street from Alice and Tom's.
she's not the only character that doesn't have a home that's seen. it's pretty ridiculous.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 28 2013, 10:00 AM
Rosebud
she's not the only character that doesn't have a home that's seen. it's pretty ridiculous.
Right. God forbid Jennifer not have a house or Maggie :rolleyes:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 28 2013, 10:06 AM
Supergirlx2
Aug 28 2013, 10:00 AM
Rosebud
Right. God forbid Jennifer not have a house or Maggie :rolleyes:
technically Jen lives in the Horton House, and that set has been there from the beginning, so i can't criticize Jen having a visible home. as for Maggie, she lives with Victor. The two mansions are pretty much the only other living quarters seen outside of Wilson's apartment & the Horton House.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Considering that they were rumored to be planning to never use the Horton house again, I'm grateful that they had Jennifer move in so that it remains a constant set. Save for minor updating (and seeming reconfiguration of certain room placements), that set is almost exactly the same as it was when the show premiered. I personally appreciate that consistency & tradition.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Stefano fell from the penthouse, too, at one point, right? Didn't MarDevil push him? Good times.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

In Marlena's defense, she did land on a canopy, before falling on Sami :)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

today's super duper exciting can't wait episode of Days consists of:
- More Sami whining to EJ & Justin
- Chad/Abby/Cam
- Nicole still pimping Dannifer (from what I can tell) - Dan/Nicole scenes
- Eric's dream (i hope he's still shirtless)
- Jen/Bristen
- JJ/Bev/Rory/Cole

:sleep:
Edited by Supergirlx2, Aug 28 2013, 11:36 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Aug 28 2013, 11:30 AM
In Marlena's defense, she did land on a canopy, before falling on Sami :)
too bad too b/c Sami could have been killed & Marlena prob still coulda lived w/o the canopy.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

I absolutely loved the penthouse, and it's a loss for the show without it, but I hated those exterior shots. It was like... the reason you shouldn't make movies out of children's books. Everyone's imagined the exteriors for years, then there they were. I mean, in 94, John came to visit Marlena and he had a line about seeing her light on from outside. So now we see that the "penthouse" is about 50 stories up. Um, ok. Same with Bope's house. They can apparently walk everywhere in Salem, but the exterior of their house looks like it's 2 miles set back from the road. It just didn't make sense to me.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I really miss the penthouse as well...along with Titan Industries (the REAL one)....it made the show look more regal and Salem look much more cosmopolitan.

The show reflects the budget now (cheap).

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm finding it difficult to care about the show today...

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Daniel is TODAY!! :cheers:
Posted Image

LovingDays

wtf again Daniel 3 days in rowww
Edited by LovingDays, Aug 28 2013, 12:04 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'm gonna need something to happen. This show has been in a complete standstill for weeks.

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

I'm not going to watch today but I know Daniel is thinking he should tell Jen about the birth certificate and I just want to remind him about something very important.. I hope you all enjoy your episode with absolutely wonderful Daniel Jonas. ;)

Posted Image
Edited by Team WilSon, Aug 28 2013, 12:07 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply