Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Multiple NBC affiliates move "Days" to Noon
Topic Started: Aug 29 2013, 12:55 PM (4,428 Views)
Marlene

I rarely watch live and more often than not watch online. However, today, I'm watching live. During a few of the commercial breaks it was announced that Days was moving to noon, one hour earlier, beginning 9/9. I'm in the Philadelphia area.

Currently Jeff Probst is on at noon and I know that show wasn't renewed. Just curious. Are other affiliates moving to noon?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Marlene
Aug 29 2013, 12:55 PM
I rarely watch live and more often than not watch online. However, today, I'm watching live. During a few of the commercial breaks it was announced that Days was moving to noon, one hour earlier, beginning 9/9. I'm in the Philadelphia area.

Currently Jeff Probst is on at noon and I know that show wasn't renewed. Just curious. Are other affiliates moving to noon?
Someone on a board said Connecticut is moving to noon I think, and another person said the Mormon affiliate in Salt Lake City is dropping Days altogether, but I don't have confirmation on either of those moves yet.

UPDATE: Just got confirmation of WVIT and WKYW's moves. KSL in Utah is still unconfirmed. I'll make a thread about all three moves. If mods want to edit this thread title, then they can keep it in here!
Edited by Jason47, Aug 29 2013, 01:34 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

CONNECTICUT, DALLAS & PHILADELPHIA "DAYS" FANS..."DAYS" MOVING TO NOON AS OF SEPTEMBER 9...SALT LAKE CITY MOVING "DAYS" TO...3AM?!?

WVIT, the NBC affiliate in Hartford, Connecticut is moving the time slot of "Days of Our Lives" to Noon beginning Monday, September 9. WKYW, the NBC affiliate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is also switching "Days" to the Noon time slot as of September 9. KSL, the Mormon Church-owned NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City, Utah is banishing "Days" to the unbelievable time slot of 3:05-4:05AM beginning September 9. "Days" fans who live in Utah probably won't be watching the show live much anymore (except for some very late night owls!), but you can always tape the show and watch it later or catch it on NBC.com or Hulu.com

UPDATE: KXAS, NBC's Dallas, Texas affiliate is also moving "Days" to Noon beginning this Tuesday, September 3.
Edited by Jason47, Aug 29 2013, 04:48 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason. Interesting.

Jason47
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 29 2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks, Jason. Interesting.
Just got more interesting with the Utah confirmation. Hope we'll still have some fans left in the Utah market.

blueskies
Member Avatar

these are disappointing. Then again if my station showed Days at 3am (guessing it's the 1pm from later that day?) I might stay up when eppi's are good.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Ok, so noon eastern people... feel free to live post!

I don't see the noon switch as that negative... some markets have aired it at alternate times in the past. I hope they'll do enough advertising that people know where to find it. Obviously the 3 am switch isn't good!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hmmm - that is NOT good news about the Utah station...that is exactly what started happening with ANOTHER WORLD and SUNSET BEACH when they were eventually cancelled.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 29 2013, 01:48 PM
I hope they'll do enough advertising that people know where to find it. Obviously the 3 am switch isn't good!
They don't seem to be marketing it at all at KSL. I checked out the KSL Facebook page, and several "Days" fans think it's totally off the schedule in Utah (replaced by a second edition of Dr. Phil I think...he gets two episodes there now a day I guess). I just posted on the KSL page about the switch to 3:05AM. I guess no one at the KSL affiliate could be bothered to answer their fans on their own Facebook page.

Graceland
Member Avatar

Philly promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yViERyiXX2E&feature=c4-overview&list=UUkCd5v2bf2iStnXbdAF6Acg

Jason47
Member Avatar

UPDATE:

KXAS, NBC's Dallas, Texas affiliate is also moving "Days" to Noon beginning this Tuesday, September 3.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Things are a bit different these days with online viewing and (for now) Soapnet. But every soap that I've ever seen canceled went through affiliate schedule changes and I'm going way back. Moving it back by an hour may not be too bad but the 3am deal? They might a well replace it with infomercials. A lot of people I know of still watch the daily broadcast and don't "tape ", dvr or watch online. At this point the show needs all the viewers it can get.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That Salt Lake City NBC affiliate has a long history of not showing tv shows they don't agree with religiously and etc. If you google that station you can see what I mean. I wonder if they were getting complaints about Days current storyline about Eric and etc.

Ellie

The issue is that the Jeff Probst show airs at noon in Philadelphia and Dallas. It was canceled, so the stations are just sliding Days into that slot. Wonder what they'll air at 1 pm.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Does anyone know what soaps will they be up against at noon Est ?
Where I live since GH shifted to 1 from 2 last year Days & GH now go head to head.
CBS is done with their soaps here by 1 wonder if this move is competition related

trojangal
Member Avatar

Ellie
Aug 29 2013, 05:54 PM
The issue is that the Jeff Probst show airs at noon in Philadelphia and Dallas. It was canceled, so the stations are just sliding Days into that slot. Wonder what they'll air at 1 pm.
Mama Kardasian maybe lol
Not sure what station her talkfest will be on

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

trojangal
Aug 29 2013, 06:24 PM
Ellie
Mama Kardasian maybe lol
Her show was a limited run on Fox stations in some markets and was cancelled recently. :applause:

trojangal
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Aug 29 2013, 06:44 PM
trojangal
Aug 29 2013, 06:24 PM
Ellie
Mama Kardasian maybe lol
Her show was a limited run on Fox stations in some markets and was cancelled recently. :applause:
Never saw it on my FoX affiliate
I guess I was lucky lol

blueskies
Member Avatar

So will SLC now be the first to air Days each Day or will they be airing for the previous day?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Marlene

Ellie

I tried to find out what would be in the 1PM slot in Philly. It looks like Access Hollywood Live.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply