Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Multiple NBC affiliates move "Days" to Noon
Topic Started: Aug 29 2013, 12:55 PM (4,563 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 29 2013, 07:03 PM
So will SLC now be the first to air Days each Day or will they be airing for the previous day?
They will be last to air it...they'll be airing the Monday-Friday episodes in the Tuesday-Saturday early morning 3AM slot.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

Marlene
Aug 29 2013, 07:41 PM
Ellie
Aug 29 2013, 05:54 PM
The issue is that the Jeff Probst show airs at noon in Philadelphia and Dallas. It was canceled, so the stations are just sliding Days into that slot. Wonder what they'll air at 1 pm.

I tried to find out what would be in the 1PM slot in Philly. It looks like Access Hollywood Live.
Ugh. Thanks for checking. See that annoys me. That's a show that should never have even gotten off the ground. It's "Live" but not... has none of the benefits of a live show and loses the benefits of a taped talk show.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

Jason47
Aug 29 2013, 01:35 PM
CONNECTICUT, DALLAS & PHILADELPHIA "DAYS" FANS..."DAYS" MOVING TO NOON AS OF SEPTEMBER 9...SALT LAKE CITY MOVING "DAYS" TO...3AM?!?

WVIT, the NBC affiliate in Hartford, Connecticut is moving the time slot of "Days of Our Lives" to Noon beginning Monday, September 9. WKYW, the NBC affiliate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is also switching "Days" to the Noon time slot as of September 9. KSL, the Mormon Church-owned NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City, Utah is banishing "Days" to the unbelievable time slot of 3:05-4:05AM beginning September 9. "Days" fans who live in Utah probably won't be watching the show live much anymore (except for some very late night owls!), but you can always tape the show and watch it later or catch it on NBC.com or Hulu.com

UPDATE: KXAS, NBC's Dallas, Texas affiliate is also moving "Days" to Noon beginning this Tuesday, September 3.
My San Diego NBC station is also moving Days from 1:00 to noon starting Sept 9th

dooldooldool

jeanneshuis
Aug 29 2013, 11:38 PM
My San Diego NBC station is also moving Days from 1:00 to noon starting Sept 9th
Wow. That's a biggie. KNSD is owned by NBC. I see that they also are airing "Access Hollywood Live" at 1PM. NBC owns that show and seems to have made a major push to get it a cozy timeslot all across the country. NBC doesn't own DOOL, though I don't think 12NOON is necessarily that much of a downgrade. It is lunchtime for most, and YR airs @11AM in lots of cities. Arguably, the thought could be, soap viewers who are actually wasting their lives watching 24 minutes of commercials in an hour will click over and watch at 12NOON. Plus I think NBC knows that many of DOOL's viewers timeshift. I have watched every episode of DOOL since 1985, and have probably watched "live" 10 times in nearly 30 years. I don't think I have watched a live airing this millennium.

ETA: Just realized that WVIT (CT), KXAS (Dallas), and WCAU (Philly) are all also owned by NBC.

ETA II: Looks like all the other NBC o&o stations (LA/SF/NYC/Miami/Chicago/DC) are keeping DOOL @1PM, with Access Hollywood Live at either 11AM or 12NOON.
Edited by dooldooldool, Aug 30 2013, 03:30 AM.

Graceland
Member Avatar

"Days" aired at noon in Philly about ten years ago probably for a couple of years. Then it went back to 1PM, the hour it has been on at least throughout the 90s. I've heard people say that because it isn't on at noon, the usual lunch break for people, that's hurt the show. Maybe this noon thing will be a good thing. The joke about the Philly affiliate is that there's always a split screen showing some accident that's just happened during the show, or the show is preempted due to some local disaster. It's every single day. People seem to wait to get into accidents at 1 in the afternoon. lol

blueskies
Member Avatar

Graceland
Aug 30 2013, 03:23 AM
"Days" aired at noon in Philly about ten years ago probably for a couple of years. Then it went back to 1PM, the hour it has been on at least throughout the 90s. I've heard people say that because it isn't on at noon, the usual lunch break for people, that's hurt the show. Maybe this noon thing will be a good thing. The joke about the Philly affiliate is that there's always a split screen showing some accident that's just happened during the show, or the show is preempted due to some local disaster. It's every single day. People seem to wait to get into accidents at 1 in the afternoon. lol
That's true, if they all moved to noon, we'd no longer have to worry about the president preempting the show just to say something we've already heard 15 times before.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

In my opinion :blah: it might behoove the entire soap/daytime drama if they were to co-ordinate the schedules for GH, YR, BB and Days to have them all on at different times so people who want to watch all 4 won't have a schedule conflict. BB @ 12:30, Days @ 1, YR @ 2 and GH @ 3. I know it would probably be an uphill battle, but in the long run - if there is one - it would give people the chance to watch all 4 and keep up without having to resort to Soapnet, etc unless their schedule already doesn't allow it. I don't know about any of the behind-the-scenes workings, but the more I hear/read that Days time-slot in any market is being juggled, the more I wonder if they'll make it to their 50th. :'(
Edited by No1_ILoveLucyFan, Aug 30 2013, 07:46 AM.

Geno Brady
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 30 2013, 07:46 AM
In my opinion :blah: it might behoove the entire soap/daytime drama if they were to co-ordinate the schedules for GH, YR, BB and Days to have them all on at different times so people who want to watch all 4 won't have a schedule conflict. BB @ 12:30, Days @ 1, YR @ 2 and GH @ 3. I know it would probably be an uphill battle, but in the long run - if there is one - it would give people the chance to watch all 4 and keep up without having to resort to Soapnet, etc unless their schedule already doesn't allow it. I don't know about any of the behind-the-scenes workings, but the more I hear/read that Days time-slot in any market is being juggled, the more I wonder if they'll make it to their 50th. :'(
This is a great idea. I feel like the soaps have been rallying together in the recent years. I feel like it's never been a competition between the networks or the soaps or anything. I do think it would be strange not to have Y&R and B&B one after the other in that order though haha

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Aug 29 2013, 05:10 PM
That Salt Lake City NBC affiliate has a long history of not showing tv shows they don't agree with religiously and etc. If you google that station you can see what I mean. I wonder if they were getting complaints about Days current storyline about Eric and etc.
I saw what you wrote and I'm glad I didn't write a post about the affiliate in Utah. It's nothing new with them so it does not concern me.

Now if Atlanta, Miami, or San Francisco tried 3 am with their markets......I'd be worried.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Aug 29 2013, 01:48 PM
Hmmm - that is NOT good news about the Utah station...that is exactly what started happening with ANOTHER WORLD and SUNSET BEACH when they were eventually cancelled.
can't say I'm not surprised, with Tomlin being involved in all 3 it's only a matter of time before Days gets the ax... if they don't do something now to fix the mess that they created of this show :shame:

Ellie

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Schedule-Change-Days-of-Our-Lives-Changing-Times-222053211.html

(The "Today" they're talking about is a local show, not the Today Show.)

trojangal
Member Avatar

Daysfanatic79
Aug 31 2013, 10:32 PM
Miss Rhi
Aug 29 2013, 05:10 PM
That Salt Lake City NBC affiliate has a long history of not showing tv shows they don't agree with religiously and etc. If you google that station you can see what I mean. I wonder if they were getting complaints about Days current storyline about Eric and etc.
I saw what you wrote and I'm glad I didn't write a post about the affiliate in Utah. It's nothing new with them so it does not concern me.

Now if Atlanta, Miami, or San Francisco tried 3 am with their markets......I'd be worried.
I agree The NBC affiliate has in the past refused to show NBC shows
That didn't fit their moral standars! I know they didn't show the short-lived show about Playboy
That was set in the 60's

AHM

Jason47
Aug 29 2013, 01:43 PM
magicsteacher
Aug 29 2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks, Jason. Interesting.
Just got more interesting with the Utah confirmation. Hope we'll still have some fans left in the Utah market.
I know I'm only one example, but being a Mormon from Utah, I can say that I've already mostly given up on the show and not because of the time slot or because of moral issues (seriously, it's not like DAYS ever touted the morals of most religions). I check in here once in awhile to see if there's something worth watching, and too much of the show is shallow characters doing things I don't care about because the show generally hasn't built their relationships well. I've watched since I was a kid, but I just can't care about characters like Daniel or Rafe or Gabi, or even some characters I used to love who no longer retain the qualities that interested me. Bad character development/story telling is what got me tuning out. Interesting news about KSL relegating the show to 3am though.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 30 2013, 07:46 AM
My local affiliates (Seattle- NBC KING, ABC KOMO, CBS KIRO) show all the soaps at different times.

Y&R @ 11AM
B&B @ 12:30PM
DAYS @ 1PM
GH @ 2PM

OLTL & ATWT used to compete against DAYS at 1PM, B&B used to compete against AMC's last half hour (it aired at 12PM), GL & PSNS/AW were up against GH at 2PM.

Y&R has been competing alone for over 2 decades at 11AM...it is the ONLY soap that has had that luxury in this market (and probably MANY MANY other markets as well)...is it any wonder why it is #1?
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Sep 3 2013, 10:39 AM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Thank you for the input because that should tend to make the point even clearer to the executives at NBC, Sony, CBS, Time-Warner and whomever else - if they want the genre to have a chance, they have to stop being in direct competition with one another as much as possible. And if they can do that, who knows, maybe ABC or someone else can bring AMC & OLTL back as well. I'd LOVE to see AMC back on regularly as a full-fledged soap! :applause:

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

That Utah time change is fucked up. Hearing that the affiliate airs shows based on whether or not the shows meet their moral standards makes it even worse. Apparently the point of a soap opera is something that goes right over their heads.

fan57

KSEE NBC (Fresno, Ca) Time change for Days. Days will be shown an hour earlier.

trojangal
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 3 2013, 02:27 PM
Thank you for the input because that should tend to make the point even clearer to the executives at NBC, Sony, CBS, Time-Warner and whomever else - if they want the genre to have a chance, they have to stop being in direct competition with one another as much as possible. And if they can do that, who knows, maybe ABC or someone else can bring AMC & OLTL back as well. I'd LOVE to see AMC back on regularly as a full-fledged soap! :applause:
As a soap fan your idea sounds great but the problem is the networks like NBC, ABC & CBS
just want to beat each other in their timeslot.

tylerbo20

maybe if they had better writers the show wouldnt be bumped around...oh wait they dont really care what the fans want.

coconuts_dog_red

I live in North Liberty Iowa will days move to noon where I live at too?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply