Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday August 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 30 2013, 02:04 AM (12,564 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 31 2013, 08:17 PM
gailwinters
Aug 31 2013, 07:28 PM
TreasureCove
Aug 31 2013, 07:07 PM
outrageous
Aug 31 2013, 06:37 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Marlena has always stood up for and stood beside her daughter, even when she didn't deserve it.
Not true. If Marlena bothers to show up and if she approves of what Sami's doing, maybe. The problem is, she often didn't care enough to show her face. When Johnny was believed to be missing, she was swooning over John. And when Carrie was mooning over Rafe, Marlena practically gave her carte blanche to go for it, without a thought about Sami.
Yeah, I have to agree. I don't see why the writers can't have Marlena at least talking with Justin and even EJ to find out how her daughter's defense is progressing and what the game plan is. Marlena should be talking with Roman, Sami's father, too. I don't believe we have even had a scene like that. It is alright that she is working with Victor to bring down Kristen, but it doesn't mean she has to totally ignore the situation with her daughter.
ICAM. Sami's life is literally on the line and all Marlena has done is visit her once, maybe twice. :shame: Come on, Marlena. Even if she can't actually help, an attempt would be nice. I would even take an icy glare towards Marge.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

scifi7
Aug 31 2013, 07:52 PM
TreasureCove
Aug 31 2013, 07:16 PM
Sami and EJ's past doesn't make them equal. Sami's actions towards EJ were in retaliation of undeserved mindgames, abuse, rape, and torture.

Do the writers really have to rub salt into the wounds by having the victim of multiple rapes "ache" to reward her rapist?Posted Image Do they honestly have to put that disgusting stuff into an already offensive storyline? What the fuck is the matter with them?
Your offensive is a love story being told to many others......so not one fuck is wrong with them AFAIAC!
It being written as a love story is why it's offensive, so that's why something is wrong with them. Of course, these are the same writers who think Dannifer is a rootable love story too.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Aug 31 2013, 08:31 PM
magicsteacher
gailwinters
TreasureCove

Not true. If Marlena bothers to show up and if she approves of what Sami's doing, maybe. The problem is, she often didn't care enough to show her face. When Johnny was believed to be missing, she was swooning over John. And when Carrie was mooning over Rafe, Marlena practically gave her carte blanche to go for it, without a thought about Sami.
Yeah, I have to agree. I don't see why the writers can't have Marlena at least talking with Justin and even EJ to find out how her daughter's defense is progressing and what the game plan is. Marlena should be talking with Roman, Sami's father, too. I don't believe we have even had a scene like that. It is alright that she is working with Victor to bring down Kristen, but it doesn't mean she has to totally ignore the situation with her daughter.
ICAM. Sami's life is literally on the line and all Marlena has done is visit her once, maybe twice. :shame: Come on, Marlena. Even if she can't actually help, an attempt would be nice. I would even take an icy glare towards Marge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi34QGdsnxw
Edited by TreasureCove, Aug 31 2013, 08:38 PM.

scifi7
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
scifi7
Aug 31 2013, 07:52 PM
TreasureCove
Sami and EJ's past doesn't make them equal. Sami's actions towards EJ were in retaliation of undeserved mindgames, abuse, rape, and torture.

Do the writers really have to rub salt into the wounds by having the victim of multiple rapes "ache" to reward her rapist?Posted Image Do they honestly have to put that disgusting stuff into an already offensive storyline? What the fuck is the matter with them?
Your offensive is a love story being told to many others......so not one fuck is wrong with them AFAIAC!
It being written as a love story is why it's offensive, so that's why something is wrong with them. Of course, these are the same writers who think Dannifer is a rootable love story too.
in your opinion off course, not canon, like I said, many see it differently.
Edited by scifi7, Aug 31 2013, 08:43 PM.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN0iJg_Sjf4

spartan
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 31 2013, 08:29 PM
magicsteacher
gailwinters
TreasureCove

It was never consistant with Marlena's character to do that. Marlena is being written out of character.
This isn't a first. Marlena was written like this in 2007 as well. She cared more about getting some sexy time with John than she did about Sami being up on a plane about to have her stomach cut open by Dr. Rolf.

I agree it would be nice to see Marlena being more concerned about Sami. It doesn't bother me much because I know it's just piss poor writing at work once again. I know Marlena loves Sami and she was concerned when she was first arrested, but they don't show it right now. I get why some would take issue with that.....just as many take issue when Sami does it. ;)

Edited by spartan, Aug 31 2013, 09:00 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

I never really cared for the character of Marlena because they always write her caring way more about fucking John than being there for her kids. I'm saying that as a lover of Jarlena, but I use to love the character of Sami so I always sympathized with her and could really understand why she always felt unloved by her mother and why she was always so protective if Roman. I also understood why her mother, father, uncle, etc was also disappointed over and over again because the stuff Sami did was horrible... However I don't agree with the poster that said that Marlena has never stood by her daughter... Some of the most powerful scenes I ever saw were the Sami/Marlena scenes right before she was taken to the chamber for execution..and frankly throughout that story it was evident that Marlena was willing to do anything to help Sami... She went to Stefano for help..

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 31 2013, 08:36 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
magicsteacher
gailwinters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi34QGdsnxw
While that is a nice video, my problem is that Marlena isn't there for Sami now. Maybe others have said it but I did not say that Marlena has never been there for her. I apologize if I wasn't clear before.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

TreasureCove

Sami is disgusting, so is Ej... Unless its discovered she has a chip in her brain she can stay with the vile piece of poo as long as they take them off my screen. She's so vile, repulsive, it's disgusting...I cant watch her anymore. I don't even fault him anymore either.. He's a sick sociopath who will do anything to be with his obsession. Sami having the gall to be with the man who laughed while his father put a lookalike of her husband in her bed for the sole purpose of fucking her and making his own kids not love Rafe is just SICK. If you ask me she deserves to live a life of misery next to that asshole and men like Luxas and Rafe deserve to be loved by women who won't want to fuck their rapists.

scifi7
Member Avatar

I wish there was a 'sips tea emoticon' :hmmph: :lol:

Quote:

While that is a nice video, my problem is that Marlena isn't there for Sami now.

Exactly this, but oh well.
Edited by scifi7, Aug 31 2013, 09:25 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

scifi7
Aug 31 2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:

While that is a nice video, my problem is that Marlena isn't there for Sami now.

kinda like this?? --> :coffee:

scifi7
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 31 2013, 09:54 PM
scifi7
Aug 31 2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:

kinda like this?? --> :coffee:
yes thank you :lol:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

marie1969
Aug 31 2013, 04:26 PM
scifi7
Aug 30 2013, 04:48 PM
Loved loved loved the EJ and Sami scenes today. I thought James and Ali did a great job in conveying the range of emotions these two were experiencing, from the pacing back and forth, controlled anger, the fear and I really got where Sami was coming from today. Ultimately though, faith and trust in each other is what will get them through and loved when she told Trask to shove it :lol:

I was lol at Sami's plan and now EJ has what he did to deal with and given those scenes today, I really think EJ will be the one to make the sacrifice for her :wub2:

Favorite line:

"Hey Trouble, when did you lose your faith in me? Don't you know I would move heaven and earth to get you out of here?"

gets me everytime he calls her that and like Sami said, they are better when they work together.

and how could I forget

"I miss the kids everyday but I ACHE for you."

:wub2: loved it!

Those lines were my favorite parts as well. I really enjoy the entire Ejami interaction. Outstanding performance by both JS/AS. Sami made me cry today. She totally broke my heart with that line.

Rosebud
Aug 31 2013, 01:09 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 30 2013, 11:43 PM
scifi7
Aug 30 2013, 11:28 PM

i still don't understand why people need to work together to save her if she's innocent. of course, she's not completely innocent because she shot the man.
besides which, Marlena seems a lot more interested in getting the goods on Kristen than helping her daughter get out of prison. that's kinda funny, now that i think about it.
I think Marlena handed Sami over to Elvis, where she wants to be. A wise woman who has learned through years of experience that Sami can't be helped and she needs to live with her bad decisions.

Either that or she is a really lousy mother who does not give a shit about her own kid, but obsessed about her stepson's love life.

But it is fine, I am actually OK with Marlena being a selfish mother. At least it is in character. But she should stop pretending she loves Sami because clearly she does not.

I always wonder if Sami fans who think marlena is a lousy mother watched the same show I watched for all these years since Sami came back to Salem from Colorado. Is Marlena a perfect mother, hell no, but if she was so awful then how come Carrie and Eric and Belle turned out to be pretty decent adults? :shrug:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
gailwinters
TreasureCove
outrageous
Aug 31 2013, 06:37 PM

Marlena has always stood up for and stood beside her daughter, even when she didn't deserve it.
Everyone is ignoring Sami... Eric, Brady, Kositchek, Hope, Kayla, Lucas, Will....

Rosebud
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 31 2013, 08:54 PM
Thank you! There have been so many times marlena has tried to be a good mother to Sami and get through to her. It's like talking to the proverbial brick wall. And when has Sami been there for her mother? That would be novel.

http://youtu.be/WHJo6Abntxo

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Marlena has even defended Sami to Kate. (More than once)

starting at 0:44

http://youtu.be/MTLdCLddPys

peaches179

Rosebud
Aug 31 2013, 10:06 PM
marie1969
scifi7
Loved loved loved the EJ and Sami scenes today. I thought James and Ali did a great job in conveying the range of emotions these two were experiencing, from the pacing back and forth, controlled anger, the fear and I really got where Sami was coming from today. Ultimately though, faith and trust in each other is what will get them through and loved when she told Trask to shove it :lol:

I was lol at Sami's plan and now EJ has what he did to deal with and given those scenes today, I really think EJ will be the one to make the sacrifice for her :wub2:

Favorite line:

"Hey Trouble, when did you lose your faith in me? Don't you know I would move heaven and earth to get you out of here?"

gets me everytime he calls her that and like Sami said, they are better when they work together.

and how could I forget

Those lines were my favorite parts as well. I really enjoy the entire Ejami interaction. Outstanding performance by both JS/AS. Sami made me cry today. She totally broke my heart with that line.

Rosebud
Supergirlx2
Aug 30 2013, 11:43 PM

I think Marlena handed Sami over to Elvis, where she wants to be. A wise woman who has learned through years of experience that Sami can't be helped and she needs to live with her bad decisions.

Either that or she is a really lousy mother who does not give a shit about her own kid, but obsessed about her stepson's love life.

But it is fine, I am actually OK with Marlena being a selfish mother. At least it is in character. But she should stop pretending she loves Sami because clearly she does not.

I always wonder if Sami fans who think marlena is a lousy mother watched the same show I watched for all these years since Sami came back to Salem from Colorado. Is Marlena a perfect mother, hell no, but if she was so awful then how come Carrie and Eric and Belle turned out to be pretty decent adults? :shrug:

The little screen time they give Marlena I don't want to see it wasted on Sami. The days of proving her love to that selfish brat are over.

I meant to say SHOULD be over. But we all know Sami is the star of the show now. :rolleyes: Everyone has to kiss her azz.
Edited by peaches179, Aug 31 2013, 11:27 PM.

peaches179

Rosebud
Aug 31 2013, 11:13 PM

LOL. No matter how many posts you post about the history of Marlena/Sami, some will always view her as a horrible mother to Sami.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

peaches179
Aug 31 2013, 11:14 PM
Rosebud
Aug 31 2013, 10:06 PM
marie1969
scifi7

Favorite line:

and how could I forget

Rosebud

The little screen time they give Marlena I don't want to see it wasted on Sami. The days of proving her love to that selfish brat are over.
I feel the same way. I'm so tired of Sami accepting Marlena when she needs her, and then rejecting her and bringing up the affair when she decides to take her own problems out on Marlena. There comes a point when you have to say that Sami is a grown woman with children of her own and there is only so much Marlena should have to take, though she keeps on taking it over and over and I know she will always. It's a two way street, and Sami really is never there for Marlena - only when she needs her. As a viewer, I am done with Sami as far as Marlena goes. Marlena can't win when it comes to Sami. :shrug:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

peaches179
Aug 31 2013, 11:20 PM
Rosebud
Aug 31 2013, 11:13 PM

LOL. No matter how many posts you post about the history of Marlena/Sami, some will always view her as a horrible mother to Sami.
Oh, I know that :blulaugh: Just bored and having fun watching old stuff on YouTube :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply