Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
August 2013 Episode Rankings & Stats
Topic Started: Aug 30 2013, 10:41 PM (3,688 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

DAILY CAST CHART: Review each day's cast list from August 2013 at http://www.jason47.com/days/castcharts2013.html

2013 Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this year (1/1/13-8/31/13), out of a total of 169 episodes. For the complete list, please visit http://www.jason47.com.

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes
1. Eileen Davidson (Kristen DiMera) 119
2. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 113
3. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Horton) 110
4. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 108
5. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 106
6. James Scott (E.J. DiMera) 101
7. Chandler Massey (Will Horton) 92
8. Greg Vaughan (Eric Brady) 90
*. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 90
10. Kate Mansi (Abigail Deveraux) 82

August Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this month (8/1/13-8/31/13), out of a total of 22 episodes. For the complete list, please visit http://www.jason47.com.

1. Eileen Davidson (Kristen DiMera) 17
2. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Horton) 16
3. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 15
*. Casey Moss (J.J. Deveraux) 15
*. Greg Vaughan (Eric Brady) 15
*. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 15
7. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 14
*. James Scott (E.J. DiMera) 14
9. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 13
10. Jen Lilley (Theresa Donovan) 12

SET TOTALS: August 2013:
Horton Town Square...19
Brady Pub...17
Rectory Office...15
DiMera Mansion...14
Park...14
Horton Town Square Private Area...13
Nurses' Station...13
Sami's Jail Cell...13
Horton Living Room...11
Jennifer's Office...10
Kiriakis Mansion...10
Club TBD...8
Rafe's Hospital Room...7
Daniel's Apartment...6
Sonny/Will/Gabi's Apartment...6
Courtroom...5
Eric's Bedroom (Rectory)...4
High School Corridor...4
Horton Kitchen...3
Dr. Landrum's Office...2
Drug Store Aisle...2
Hospital Exam Room...2
Kayla's Office...2
Kristen's Bedroom (DiMera)...2
Lake...2
Mason's Office with Bathroom...2
Vargas' Apartment...2
Bernardi's Utility Room...1
Daniel's Bed (Limbo)...1
Daniel's Office with Bathroom...1
Hospital Corridor...1
Hospital Room (empty)...1
Jennifer's Bedroom (Horton)...1
Lizbeth's Hospital Room...1
Marlena's Townhouse...1
Nick's Bed (Limbo)...1
Police Station...1
Stoller's Office...1

DIRECTORS & SCRIPT WRITERS:
8/1/13: Albert Alarr & Melissa Salmons
8/2/13: Grant A. Johnson & Jeanne Marie Ford
8/5/13: Albert Alarr & Jeanne Marie Ford
8/6/13: Albert Alarr & Jeanne Marie Ford
8/7/13: Steven Williford & David Cherrill
8/8/13: Steven Williford & Melissa Salmons
8/9/13: Grant A. Johnson & Carolyn Culliton
8/12/13: Steven Williford & Carolyn Culliton
8/13/13: Steven Williford & Richard Culliton
8/14/13: Albert Alarr & Carolyn Culliton
8/15/13: Herb Stein & Janet Iacobuzio
8/16/13: Steven Williford & Richard Culliton
8/19/13: Phil Sogard & Carolyn Culliton
8/20/13: Grant A. Johnson & Jeanne Marie Ford
8/21/13: Albert Alarr & Melissa Salmons
8/22/13: Albert Alarr & Melissa Salmons
8/23/13: Steven Williford & David Cherrill
8/26/13: Herb Stein & David Cherrill
8/27/13: Steven Williford & David Cherrill
8/28/13: Herb Stein & Carolyn Culliton
8/29/13: Herb Stein & Janet Iacobuzio
8/30/13: Albert Alarr & Melissa Salmons

http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MissLola
Member Avatar

Wow, they really did work ED a lot. No wonder she needed a break!
As for the next two on the August list... No words :glare: . It's everything that is wrong with this show.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

1. Eileen Davidson (Kristen DiMera) 17
2. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer Horton) 16
3. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 15

:soapbox: :flipoff: :shame:

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

MissLola
Aug 30 2013, 10:50 PM
As for the next two on the August list... No words :glare: . It's everything that is wrong with this show.
That and offending many viewers into turning off the show. :shame: Why were TomSell hired back after being fired before?

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Quote:

24. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) 5
*. Laura Kai Chen (Melinda Trask) 5
*. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady) 5
*. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans Black) 5
*. Meredith Scott Lynn (Anne Milbauer) 5
*. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 5
*. Aloma Wright (Maxine Landis) 5
another month of 5 episodes with Hope :shame:
this is just getting pathetic! we saw Bev in 6 episodes & Rory in 9! and they're basically extras! what the hell!!
55 of 169 episodes all year. that's less than 1/3 of the episodes.

*see last month's episode rankings (and the rest of the previous months for 2013 for the rest of my regular rant about the epic under-utilization of Kristian Alfonso*

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 30 2013, 10:59 PM
MissLola
Aug 30 2013, 10:50 PM
That and offending many viewers into turning off the show. :shame: Why were TomSell hired back after being fired before?
because they're good puppets - they listen to what those really controlling the story want. the story controllers say "put Dannifer front & center" and TomSell go "yes, master" and do as they're told.

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

Since Kristen Dimera's main rival is Marlena Evans Black....You would think she would be up on the list too. That plus Marlena is played by a soap icon named Deidre Hall, but nah.....They just throw us more Sami in jail and Dannifer scenes. No wonder this show has gone so far down in the ratings since May.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 30 2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:

this is just getting pathetic! we saw Bev in 6 episodes & Rory in 9! and they're basically extras! what the hell!!

*see last month's episode rankings (and the rest of the previous months for 2013 for the rest of my regular rant about the epic under-utilization of Kristian Alfonso*
She was on less than 1/3 of the episodes, and half the time she was on for less 5 minutes in those episodes. Pop-up Hope indeed.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Aug 30 2013, 11:13 PM
Supergirlx2
Quote:

She was on less than 1/3 of the episodes, and half the time she was on for less 5 minutes in those episodes. Pop-up Hope indeed.
not to mention....
(i believe the amount of airtime in those episodes is part of my extended rant that i was too lazy to type out for yet another month.)

Jason - with guarantees, does Days have to pay the actors some sort of compensation if they don't come anywhere near their number (ex. their guarantee is 100 episodes, but they only appear in 60 episodes)??

Keith
Member Avatar

That top 5 is exactly what's wrong with the show.

Also, as much as I hate to say it - MBE is recurring (even if she shouldn't be) and KA is contract - and they're in the same amount of episodes. Then we have Maxine, Bev, Rory, etc surpassing contracted vets. There was balance on this show three months ago, wasn't there? WTF?

naptown
Member Avatar

I know it's one of my favorite things to bitch about, but 5 or 6 of the sets listed this month are that same damn ugly set with the gray walls, 2 doors, and window in the corner. It's Rafe's hospital room and everyone's office. I know budgets are tight, but come on! This looks just as cheap as the Horton Town Square Private Area with it's fake ivy and plastic leaves, which is anything but private.

NYBlueDevil
Member Avatar

No wonder I basically hated this month. And looks like next months gonna be more of the same :yawnz:

Never thought I'd be upset with ED being at the top, but Kristen's sucked lately to me

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

NYBlueDevil
Aug 30 2013, 11:33 PM
No wonder I basically hated this month. And looks like next months gonna be more of the same :yawnz:

Never thought I'd be upset with ED being at the top, but Kristen's sucked lately to me
Kristen sucks right now because all she's doing is running around trying to get Brady back and hoping that Eric hasn't remembered what she did to him. she's currently as pathetic a villain as EJ is. and this lack of proper villains is part of the problem. TomSell need to stop with the inane couple drama and put some adventure/mystery back into the show.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 30 2013, 11:19 PM
Jason - with guarantees, does Days have to pay the actors some sort of compensation if they don't come anywhere near their number (ex. their guarantee is 100 episodes, but they only appear in 60 episodes)??
Yes, that's what a guarantee is. If a person is contracted to work 2 per week, then they are guaranteed payment for 100 episodes per year. Of course, the contract can be terminated every 13 weeks, so they are only on the hook for a 13-week cycle at a time.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Quote:

I share your anger Deidre is in the same boat as Kristian now :(

ETA: At least when ED leaves it'll free up some airtime for other characters and with her gone I don't see Brady being on as much so thats two people that won't be hogging up the airtime... maybe we'll see more of them in the future :pray:
Edited by DocandJohn4ever, Aug 31 2013, 12:16 AM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Jason47
Aug 31 2013, 12:00 AM
Supergirlx2
Aug 30 2013, 11:19 PM
Yes, that's what a guarantee is. If a person is contracted to work 2 per week, then they are guaranteed payment for 100 episodes per year. Of course, the contract can be terminated every 13 weeks, so they are only on the hook for a 13-week cycle at a time.
so basically, by severely underutilizing Kristian (since i find it hard to believe that her guarantee is at about 1), they're losing money. or at least not getting their money's worth.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Aug 31 2013, 12:07 AM
Supergirlx2
Quote:

i'm frustrated because it's been month after month of about 5 episodes. (she doesn't even average 7 episodes a month if you take her total & divide it by 8 months.)

i just want late October to get here already so i can see some consistency. (and maybe a bit more airtime within those episodes)

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 31 2013, 12:12 AM
so basically, by severely underutilizing Kristian (since i find it hard to believe that her guarantee is at about 1), they're losing money. or at least not getting their money's worth.
They are based on the actor's yearly contracts...not the calendar year. Kristian's first airdate (of her current contract( was May 6, 1994. So her contract cycles run from April to March each year (with airdates of roughly August to July each year). So actually her year was up in July.

She was in 51 episodes from August-Dec. 2012 and 50 episodes from Jan-July 2013, so she ended up with 101 episodes for her "year", meaning she has a 2-per week guarantee.
Since her new contract cycle just started with the episodes airing this month, that means Hope can be on roughly 100-105 episodes between August 2013 and July 2014 (unless her guarantee changes).
With her being in 5 episodes in August, that leaves around 95-100 episodes for her to appear in for the next 11 months (Sept. 2013-July 2014).
Edited by Jason47, Aug 31 2013, 12:20 AM.

DocandJohn4ever
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 31 2013, 12:16 AM
DocandJohn4ever
Supergirlx2
Quote:

i'm frustrated because it's been month after month of about 5 episodes. (she doesn't even average 7 episodes a month if you take her total & divide it by 8 months.)

i just want late October to get here already so i can see some consistency. (and maybe a bit more airtime within those episodes)
it is frustrating and it's even more frustrating when they're only on for about 5 min each in one or two scenes in those 5 episodes :frustration: ... and then we get stuck watching the same recycled storylines with the same characters being shoved down our throats day after day.... it's no wonder the ratings are what they are :shame:

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

DocandJohn4ever
Aug 31 2013, 12:26 AM
Supergirlx2
Aug 31 2013, 12:16 AM
DocandJohn4ever
Supergirlx2

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

it is frustrating and it's even more frustrating when they're only on for about 5 min each in one or two scenes in those 5 episodes :frustration: ... and then we get stuck watching the same recycled storylines with the same characters being shoved down our throats day after day.... it's no wonder the ratings are what they are :shame:
unfortunately, i've gotten used to the 5 min thing. it frustrates me more when they're on but spend 1/2 their time in the background - Hope just standing there while Marlena hypnotized Sami, or Hope's 2 scenes before just being in the montage of Bernardi's memorial. and then there's disappearing after 45 min or the final scene looking as if it should have a continuation the next day but doesn't.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply