Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Christmas & New Year's Eve Sneak Peeks; The Final Update!; Horton ornament attendees, NYE fight & much more!
Topic Started: Aug 31 2013, 08:31 PM (58,671 Views)
throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Nov 18 2013, 10:33 AM
Since when is there a character named Abe on this show? If this show can't be bothered to unearth him to say farewell to Cameron, his only relative on the show and an in-law at that, I cannot imagine this show would go to the trouble of giving him a malady that would require hospitalization. JR deserves so much better than how this show treats him.
Agreed, Abe/JR deserves to be on more. Personally, I would love to see some Abe & Nicole scenes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

throughthehourglass
Nov 18 2013, 11:09 AM
LonePirate
Since when is there a character named Abe on this show? If this show can't be bothered to unearth him to say farewell to Cameron, his only relative on the show and an in-law at that, I cannot imagine this show would go to the trouble of giving him a malady that would require hospitalization. JR deserves so much better than how this show treats him.
Agreed, Abe/JR deserves to be on more. Personally, I would love to see some Abe & Nicole scenes.
The show doesn't utilize this relationship nearly as much as they should.

pagraves
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
LonePirate
I had forgotten the Faye/Abe connection until I was doing my marathon catch-up of the Nicole/Eric storyline. There was one small, tender scene between the Nicole and Abe that I absolutely loved, and I'd love to see even more.

Nicole needs people in her life to depend on who aren't ex-lovers. I'd love to see her lean on Abe as a father figure. I'd like her to make friends with some of the older, wiser women on the show. Nicole and Julie would be fabulous together. Nicole and Maggie could join forces to help Brady come back from the dark side. I'd also think that Kayla and Nicole could have an interesting relationship, given Kayla's ability to see the good in people who on the surface seem like lost causes. Plus, Kayla is Eric's aunt.

I know Nicole has hurt a lot of people, but so had Steve Johnson in his time. So had Jack. If they're taking her in more of a heroine direction (as they seem to be at the moment), they need to give her a stronger support system. I don't think they need to neuter her or erase her edge to do it. But isolating her is a waste of story potential.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

throughthehourglass
LonePirate
Yes! Whenever there's a Brandon mention I get giddy. :wub2: Also, I'd rather see Abe than Maggie any day of the week!

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

Sigh...another Days Christmas without Bo Brady. :frownie: I sure wish Hope's story would start so maybe I wouldn't miss him so much.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

pagraves
Nov 18 2013, 11:29 AM
throughthehourglass
LonePirate
I had forgotten the Faye/Abe connection until I was doing my marathon catch-up of the Nicole/Eric storyline. There was one small, tender scene between the Nicole and Abe that I absolutely loved, and I'd love to see even more.

Nicole needs people in her life to depend on who aren't ex-lovers. I'd love to see her lean on Abe as a father figure. I'd like her to make friends with some of the older, wiser women on the show. Nicole and Julie would be fabulous together. Nicole and Maggie could join forces to help Brady come back from the dark side. I'd also think that Kayla and Nicole could have an interesting relationship, given Kayla's ability to see the good in people who on the surface seem like lost causes. Plus, Kayla is Eric's aunt.

I know Nicole has hurt a lot of people, but so had Steve Johnson in his time. So had Jack. If they're taking her in more of a heroine direction (as they seem to be at the moment), they need to give her a stronger support system. I don't think they need to neuter her or erase her edge to do it. But isolating her is a waste of story potential.
And as much as Nicole loves children, and wants her own, you can't tell me that she wouldn't be more involved with Theo, her brother's little brother, especially now that he's lost his mother. Do the writers remember any of this stuff?

KAM

Reese
Nov 18 2013, 03:16 PM
pagraves
throughthehourglass
LonePirate

And as much as Nicole loves children, and wants her own, you can't tell me that she wouldn't be more involved with Theo, her brother's little brother, especially now that he's lost his mother. Do the writers remember any of this stuff?
Excellent points. I cannot recall ever seeing Nicole and Theo together. Maybe they have been, but it must have been purely incidental contact. I would love to see a Christmas-related scene where Abe and Theo encounter Nicole, probably in HTS, and Theo runs up to Nicole -- showing he's aware of the extended family relationship and has been involved at least a little bit with his big brother's sister off screen. Maybe Theo could tell Nicole that he just got a big Christmas package in the mail from Brandon...or some such stuff. Poor Theo is not only motherless now, but both his fun young uncles just left town very unexpectedly. He and Abe both need some Christmas family cheer. And God knows Nicole could use that, too.
Edited by KAM, Nov 18 2013, 03:42 PM.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

You know, this show spends so much time focusing on contrived bogus relationships *cough eggbabies cough* when they already have ones that have been in place for years and that have rich, detailed back-stories. Yet they languish and are ignored. #cantunderstandit

camera shy

Reese
Nov 18 2013, 03:16 PM
pagraves
throughthehourglass
LonePirate

Her and Theo would be adorable together. And I don't think she be so harsh on teenagers like JJ. I think she'd understand them.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Jason47
Nov 17 2013, 11:11 PM
11/17 UPDATES:

HOSPITAL UPDATE:
One of these characters ends up needing a hospital room before Christmas. Which one of these characters will it be: Abe, Daniel, Eric, JJ, Justin, Lucas, Sonny, Victor, Will??

Mid-December Episode Details (date not yet revealed):
Airdate: December ??, 2013

NEW YEAR'S EVE SNEAK PEEK:
Uh, oh....two characters end the year with a ????t. :peek:
Well, I know I'm hoping Lucas is the person in the hospital room so he can run into Liam who reportedly shows up on the 19th. Mid-December seems about the right time for the groundwork for at least one of Lucas' stories to be laid since he's supposed to be showing up more in late December/early January.

I still think the two people hooking up to do whatever are Brady and Jeannie Theresa.
Edited by Reese, Nov 18 2013, 08:03 PM.

am103
Member Avatar

Jason47
For some reason, I keep thinking the mystery word is "snort", lol. Which would automatically point me in the Brady/Theresa direction.

Also, is it normal for an episode to have a teaser act and four other acts? I've never noticed that before!

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Justin and Adrienne for the holidays? Please!

Kriss4

talbab1994
Nov 18 2013, 09:09 PM
This would be good! I'm happy because Kayla's on with her son, Joey, FINALLY! But I need more...Justin and Adrienne would fit the bill, IMO!

michr544125

talbab1994
Nov 18 2013, 09:09 PM
I really hope Justin/Adrienne are on but it's not looking good based on how I'm deciphering the clues so far :'( . But I hope I am wrong.

So the two characters end the year with a possibly a fight or split? Split could be Will/Sonny, Sami/EJ/, Vic/Maggie, Bo/Hope. Maybe it's Bo/Hope and it leads into Hope's new story so she can move on with a new man? I'm leaning that way if it's a split. If not them, I'd guess Will/Sonny where they split with the end of Chandler in the role but then get back together and get engaged with Guy in the role. If it's not a split, I'd guess a big fight breaks out and that could be any two characters.

Thanks for the updates Jason!
Edited by michr544125, Nov 19 2013, 09:49 AM.

KAM

Jason47
11/17 UPDATES:

HOSPITAL UPDATE:
One of these characters ends up needing a hospital room before Christmas. Which one of these characters will it be: Abe, Daniel, Eric, JJ, Justin, Lucas, Sonny, Victor, Will??

OK, here's a guess. It's Sonny. Freddie talked recently about the Will actor transition taking place really fast in an interesting way. So...maybe Sonny is in the hospital for a while. He's unconscious or delirious. The last we see of CM is sitting by Sonny's bedside talking to him. Then Sonny starts to hear a different voice and see a hazy face. When everything becomes clear...it's GW.

Too cheesy? :$ Well, there was that Jack shower transition....

michr544125

KAM
Nov 19 2013, 12:57 PM
Jason47
11/17 UPDATES:

HOSPITAL UPDATE:

OK, here's a guess. It's Sonny. Freddie talked recently about the Will actor transition taking place really fast in an interesting way. So...maybe Sonny is in the hospital for a while. He's unconscious or delirious. The last we see of CM is sitting by Sonny's bedside talking to him. Then Sonny starts to hear a different voice and see a hazy face. When everything becomes clear...it's GW.

According to Chandler the last scene of him as Will is with Ari and not with Sonny and his last words are "huh" which is ironic and bittersweet since CM's first words on the show were "huh" also.
Edited by michr544125, Nov 19 2013, 03:57 PM.

KAM

michr544125
Nov 19 2013, 03:46 PM
KAM
Jason47
11/17 UPDATES:

HOSPITAL UPDATE:

According to Chandler the last scene of him as Will is with Ari and not with Sonny and his last words are "huh" which is ironic and bittersweet since CM's first words on the show were "huh" also.
Thanks for posting that. So maybe not Sonny in the hospital...maybe it's Will in there with the baby and it's not as cheesy as Jack's shower scene. :D

The other possibilities that interest me are Lucas or Eric.

Ashley1
Member Avatar

Jason47
Looks like two characters end the year with a fight. Possibly Will and Sonny.

sonwill
Member Avatar

Thanks for all the hints so far Jason! I do enjoy Christmas episodes.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

KAM
Nov 19 2013, 04:15 PM
michr544125
Nov 19 2013, 03:46 PM
KAM
Jason47
11/17 UPDATES:

HOSPITAL UPDATE:

Thanks for posting that. So maybe not Sonny in the hospital...maybe it's Will in there with the baby and it's not as cheesy as Jack's shower scene. :D

The other possibilities that interest me are Lucas or Eric.
OK, I realized I was only skimming the thread until I saw the words "Jack's shower scene." :facepalm: (Wrong pair of Jacks for this fangirl, but that said, any Jack + steamy shower scene is OK by me.)

I'm banking on the Kiriakis family filling the majority of the gaps in the Horton living room, especially since we know Will is there with the baby and chances are that Maggie would have Victor there even if things are unsteady between them. And then add in the eggbaby, I suppose.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply