Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 8/26
Topic Started: Aug 26 2013, 07:07 AM (4,611 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Please post all interesting/spoilerish tweets in this thread. If a news article or new video is also tweeted (for example by SOD or NBC), it should probably go in its own thread, following our normal rules. This thread is for tweets, usually from someone on the list below, which give us information in some way about anything related to the show or upcoming storylines.

Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet, click "expand" and then click "details". That will give you the link to the tweet on its own page. If this is difficult (ie posting from a phone), please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to me rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before putting it in this list.

I have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

List of Twitter and FB pages

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays

Current Days Cast
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Brant Daugherty @brantdaugherty
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Casey Deidrick - @caseydeidrick
Sean Douglas - @TheSean_Douglas
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Jen Lilley - @jen_lilley
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf
Chandler Massey - @ChandlerMassey
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
Nathan Owens - @Nathanjowens
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Chrishell Stause - @Chrishell7
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Lisa De Cazotte (Co-Executive producer) - @DeCazotte1
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Matthew Holman (Hairstylist) - @Matthewhairpro
Jayne Marie Kehoe (Wardrobe) - @costumesbyjmk
Patrick Kilian (Former Hairstylist) - @patrickkilian
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook and not currently on another soap:
Matt Ashford - @matthew_ashford
Nadia Bjorlin - @realnadiab
Kyle Brandt - @KyleBrandt34
Tamara Braun - @tamarabraun
Darin Brooks - @theedarinbrooks
Sarah Brown - @sarahjoybrown,Sarah Brown Facebook
Ian Buchanan @KilttripUSA
Molly Burnett - @mollydollyy
Crystal Chappell - @crystalchappell
Christie Clark - @Christie__Clark, Christie Clark Facebook
Patrika Darbo - @PatrikaDarbo
Bren Foster - @BrenFosterReal
Staci Greason - @StaciGreason
Mark Hapka - @MarkHapka
Shelley Hennig - @Shelleyhennig
Brody Hutzler - @brodyhutzler
Gloria Loring - @theglorialoring
Kyle Lowder - @kylelowder22
Martha Madison - @Marth27, Martha Madison Facebook
Rachel Melvin - @Rachel_Melvin
Patrick Muldoon - @MuldoonPatrick
Patsy Pease - @PatriciaPease
Austin Peck - @AustinRed5
Thaao Penghlis - @ThaaoPenghlis
Julie Pinson - @JuliePinsonCom
Peter Reckell - @PeterReckell
Lisa Rinna - @lisarinna
Michael Sabatino - @michaelsabatino
Francisco San Martin - @Pepoduder
Kevin Spirtas - Kevin Spirtas Fan Page (Facebook)
Charles Shaughnessy - @c_shaughnessy
Billy Warlock - @billywarlock
Valerie Wildman - @ValerieWildman
Schuyler Yancey - @schuyleryancey

Contact Info:

DAYS Comment Line: 1-818-840-2067

Ken Corday
Executive Producer, Days of Our Lives
3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 170
Burbank, CA 91505

Greg Meng
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523
gmeng@dool.net

Lisa De Cazotte
Co-Executive Producer, Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Bruce Evans
SVP, Current Programming
NBC/Universal
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Rebecca McGill
Director, Drama Programming
NBC Television Network
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

Gary Tomlin
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Writing Team
Days of our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

Michael Lynton
Chairman & CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
10202 West Washington Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90232-3195

Steve Kent
Senior Executive VP of Programming
Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
steve_kent@spe.sony.com

Soap Opera Digest
4 New York Plaza, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10004
sodsound@soapoperadigest.com

Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Culver City, CA 90232
feedback@sonypictures.com and spe_corporate_communications@spe.sony.com

------------------------------------------------------------

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Replies:
thepadange

Not spoilerish but ...
Eric Martsolf ‏@ericmartsolf 9h
“@nbcdays: *speechless* #TodaysProposal #DAYS”

My Hawaiian shirt.... "Speechless as well".

https://twitter.com/ericmartsolf/status/373211958972923904
Edited by thepadange, Aug 30 2013, 03:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Ireland98
Aug 30 2013, 03:07 AM
Personally, I didn't enjoy Martha and Brandon Beemer as Shelle that much. Kirsten and Jason C were the best. I could tolerate Martha though, but Beemer was annoying.
Even so the characters should have never left the canvas. Better them than no Shawn and Belle at all. It is when they were gone that J/M and B/H became even lesser players. Their adult legacy was gone. I personally liked MM and could take or leave BB, but the show took a major hit in the wrong direction that year - which was also the year of Rafe, Daniel, and Melanie - and Brady's return, ironically.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Keith
Aug 30 2013, 10:49 AM
Ireland98
Personally, I didn't enjoy Martha and Brandon Beemer as Shelle that much. Kirsten and Jason C were the best. I could tolerate Martha though, but Beemer was annoying.
Even so the characters should have never left the canvas. Better them than no Shawn and Belle at all. It is when they were gone that J/M and B/H became even lesser players. Their adult legacy was gone. I personally liked MM and could take or leave BB, but the show took a major hit in the wrong direction that year - which was also the year of Rafe, Daniel, and Melanie - and Brady's return, ironically.
When Melanie first appeared, she created an annoyance for all the other characters that were about her age, which worked for a while. unfortunately, they all eventually left and we got stuck with just Melanie, followed by a few paternity/maternity changes.

Daniel's appearance in Salem saved Bo's life, so i can't say i wish he'd never come to Salem. However, i'm completely and totally over him at this point for multiple reasons.

Rafe was brought in for Sami. While it was nice having someone new in the mix when it came to Sami's men, Rafe soon became just like the others in that there were things he did for Sami, etc. that pretty much all of Sami's men had done for her at one point or another. (obviously this is talking generally) we can blame Carly for Rafe still being around since she saved him on her way to Salem after stabbing her husband and grabbing the mayan scroll.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 30 2013, 11:01 AM
Keith
Ireland98
When Melanie first appeared, she created an annoyance for all the other characters that were about her age, which worked for a while. unfortunately, they all eventually left and we got stuck with just Melanie, followed by a few paternity/maternity changes.

Daniel's appearance in Salem saved Bo's life, so i can't say i wish he'd never come to Salem. However, i'm completely and totally over him at this point for multiple reasons.

Rafe was brought in for Sami. While it was nice having someone new in the mix when it came to Sami's men, Rafe soon became just like the others in that there were things he did for Sami, etc. that pretty much all of Sami's men had done for her at one point or another. (obviously this is talking generally) we can blame Carly for Rafe still being around since she saved him on her way to Salem after stabbing her husband and grabbing the mayan scroll.
I guess Carly's uses this last go around have been mostly negative ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Keith
Aug 30 2013, 11:05 AM
Supergirlx2
Keith
Ireland98

Carly's return to Salem was not necessary in the least. The only reason she did return was because Tomlin wanted her. Luckily, he doesn't have that power any more since he's no longer an EP.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Keith
Supergirlx2
Keith
Ireland98

I'll always be bitter about Carly's latest return - it made Melanie her daughter and paired up Philip and Melanie so that Vivian and Carly could fight over their "children" being together. Which only lasted until Vivian fell head over heels in love with Melanie, just like every other Salemite.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Sariah
Aug 30 2013, 04:50 PM
Keith
Supergirlx2
Keith

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I'll always be bitter about Carly's latest return - it made Melanie her daughter and paired up Philip and Melanie so that Vivian and Carly could fight over their "children" being together. Which only lasted until Vivian fell head over heels in love with Melanie, just like every other Salemite.

*Saved Rafe
*Melanie was her daughter
*fawning over Daniel and the original Fetch angst
*integral to breaking up Danloe, which led to Fetch.
*Bo/Carly
*Killed Lawrence and ruined my hopes of ever having real resolution to Steve's death (it was a longshot as it was but still)
*Zero mileage out of a Kayla rivalry.

Nope. Nothing useful.
Edited by Keith, Aug 30 2013, 04:58 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Sariah
Aug 30 2013, 04:50 PM
Keith
Supergirlx2
Keith

Oh man, why did you have to bring up Phillip and Melanie?? I'll never forget her spinning around like a 4 year-old in her wedding dress. :x And I was supposed to believe that the men of Salem preferred that little girl over the likes of Chloe, Stephanie, Nicole, etc. Glad that nightmare is over!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

maverick
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Keith
Ireland98

Daniel should have been a short term character to begin with. 5 plus years later and we are still suffering.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

SusyQusie: @KJAlfonso pls tell me U had scenes with Charlie and Patsy? #TheGoodOlDAYS
KJAlfonso: @SusyQusie ; )))
https://twitter.com/kjalfonso/status/373998750017925120
Offline Profile Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

JoeBucs32
Aug 29 2013, 10:05 PM
At this point I would welcome Gina back with open arms just to Kristian as the focus of a storyline.

I am so tired of nothing more that Pop-Up Hope.
My sentiments exactly! :hail:
Offline Profile Goto Top

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Daysofold
Aug 29 2013, 11:28 PM
I'm not going to hold my breath that Hope will have a storyline. Corday has told us that before and it's proven to be a lie. Heck, they haven't resolved Bo's absence and its been almost a year!!
I feel the same way. :badmood:

To Corday: Fool me once, shame on you. Feel me twice (or more), shame on me. :hmmph:

Again, Hope as one of Salem's Triumvirate my ass! :hmmph: Unless Corday's (and the writers') version of that is the blondes front and center with the brunette as pointless filler/prop. :toetap:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

Carly Manning?

I never liked her after I realized something early on. She became too much the focus of all things. She kept important things back from Jennifer...lied to her...and her silence put Jennifer in a vulnerable position...she got raped. Carly went and fell for her best friend's rapist, showing almost no regard for how that would make Jennifer feel. And Lawrence took Steve, too. He's the one who faked Steve's death...took him away from Kayla. Carly wasn't responsible for that, but she loved the man who was capable of doing that, and once she fell for him, she pretty much disregarded what he'd done to her friends.

And yes, I know others have done wrong too, and been forgiven...but it was different with Lawrence. He wasn't sorry. He remained arrogant and never convinced me he was sorry for much of anything. He put on a little show once, but I never bought it. Yet Carly loved him.

Then she comes back...wants Bo..takes advantage of his troubled marriage and the separation with Hope, all the while saying she doesn't wanna do that, but then she does. Hops in bed with him...lives in his home...the one he shared with Hope..sleeps in their bed.

Jennifer's her pal again. No discussion of what Lawrence did to Jen all those years ago, and the hurt Jen would have felt at Carly's decision to marry Lawrence. Kayla was back, and angry with Carly, but her reasons for her anger were simplified: it was all about Bo and Hope. It should have been about Kayla's hurt over Carly marrying Lawrence even after what he'd done to Steve. Bo and Carly's affair should have added another layer to her anger, but its root should have been Lawrence.

So, yeah. Her return was a waste. Her history wasn't really used much, and everything was too simple.

And then of course I used to have nothing against Crystal Chappell, but now I don't like her at all, due to her behavior on twitter and her behavior in the days and weeks that followed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 29 2013, 11:40 PM
Daysofold
Supergirlx2
Aug 29 2013, 11:05 PM
trojangal
Aug 29 2013, 10:47 PM

Hope's story probably won't start until November. we still have 2 more months of Pop-Up Hope. :frownie:
I'm not going to hold my breath that Hope will have a storyline. Corday has told us that before and it's proven to be a lie. Heck, they haven't resolved Bo's absence and its been almost a year!!
the proof is in the fact that Kristian tweeted for 9 days straight that she was in Salem (and since they shoot about 8 episodes per week, it's safe to say that she shot at least 7-8 episodes in those 9 days, which is more episodes than we've seen Hope in all summer!). Plus, she's been tweeting quite a few pics from the set and including that she's heading to Salem in her morning tweets.
Kristian will be in Toronto in a few weeks to launch her fall Believe jewelry collection and she always does a morning show interview, so we'll see what she says then.
Working alot doesn't mean she will have a storyline. Hope will probably be on seen as a cop for the whodunit.
Online Profile Goto Top

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Sep 1 2013, 10:21 AM
Supergirlx2
Aug 29 2013, 11:40 PM
Daysofold
Supergirlx2
Aug 29 2013, 11:05 PM

the proof is in the fact that Kristian tweeted for 9 days straight that she was in Salem (and since they shoot about 8 episodes per week, it's safe to say that she shot at least 7-8 episodes in those 9 days, which is more episodes than we've seen Hope in all summer!). Plus, she's been tweeting quite a few pics from the set and including that she's heading to Salem in her morning tweets.
Kristian will be in Toronto in a few weeks to launch her fall Believe jewelry collection and she always does a morning show interview, so we'll see what she says then.
Working alot doesn't mean she will have a storyline. Hope will probably be on seen as a cop for the whodunit.
Sadly, that is what I am thinking too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

The SciFi blog io9 posted a list of the best SciFi plots of daytime soaps, and Days gets shout outs for Marlena's possession and Stefano's mind control:

The Most Ridiculous SciFi Plots from Your Favorite Soap Operas
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Honeybees
Sep 1 2013, 02:59 PM
The SciFi blog io9 posted a list of the best SciFi plots of daytime soaps, and Days gets shout outs for Marlena's possession and Stefano's mind control:

I don't think ridiculous is a synonym for good. And the blog really mocks these storylines. It's not a compliment... not that those storylines deserve one.
Edited by OliveAnn, Sep 1 2013, 03:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aimikins
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Sep 1 2013, 03:30 PM
Honeybees

I don't think ridiculous is a synonym for good. And the blog really mocks these storylines. It's not a compliment... not that those storylines deserve one.
I didn't read it as complementary. I think Bee was just posting that Days got a mention on a blog
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Aimikins
Sep 1 2013, 04:01 PM
OliveAnn
Sep 1 2013, 03:30 PM
Honeybees

I didn't read it as complementary. I think Bee was just posting that Days got a mention on a blog
I know, I was just pointing out that Bee said it was a list of best storylines, but it's actually something different.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Honeybees

Lol, I was abt to call BS on this list b/c there was no Passions and then I scrolled to the bottom. :lol: so true and fitting. Thanks for posting!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Days Details · Next Topic »
Locked Topic