Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: September Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 2 2013, 01:43 AM (6,826 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Y&R: September Discussion

During Katherine's drinking relapse in the mid 2000's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AICv1TWloR0

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

yesterday's US show had me in tears. At first I was annoyed with jill for making it all about her, but then at the end of her speech, I was crying.
The apparition of Katherine was great.
Big surprise Paul and christeeeen getting married, danny sure didn't look happy.
Would someone please learn to dress nina and do her hair so she doesn't look like frump of the year?

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Here it is September 5 and I haven't bothered to tune in to any of the shows that have been shown this month. In fact, it is 11:10 a.m. and I am watching the local news on NBC rather than Young and the Restlesson CBS. That is how little I enjoy this show as of late.

I would rather hear another tedious update on Baby Veronica than watch Chelsea tell Dullan how much she loves him and "their" little boy. Yawwwwn. I just get bored thinking about it/them. Sucks, too, because I know I am missing Katherine Chancellor's funeral and I have loved that character and actress since I started watching the show as a ten-year-old boy back in 1981.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

How stupid can Dylan be.......now he is blaming himself! Yeah, you better do research!!

I thought Chelsea told her mother to stay away from her and Connor and now she shows up with bags of gifts like nothing happened. Oh I see, she's trying to make amends and almost letting it all slip! The last lie......:-) But guess what, Adam overhears....yes!

Oh yea, another war between Jack and Victor......can't wait :drunk:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Sep 5 2013, 06:32 PM
How stupid can Dylan be.......now he is blaming himself! Yeah, you better do research!!

I thought Chelsea told her mother to stay away from her and Connor and now she shows up with bags of gifts like nothing happened. Oh I see, she's trying to make amends and almost letting it all slip! The last lie......:-) But guess what, Adam overhears....yes!

Oh yea, another war between Jack and Victor......can't wait :drunk:
Not another war, same war, they just stop for commercials every so often. lmao

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Station Identification. lol

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

What I donít like about the Newmanís is they think they are entitled to anything and everything. Adam and Chelsea were in a car accident that probably caused them to lose their baby but a Newman caused the accident so all is well. Adam didnít have time to grieve with Chelsea he was to busy trying to get back into the good graces of his daddy and getting Sharon on the straight and narrow. So Chelsea moved on I know what Chelsea did was wrong, but itís not wrong to want your child to have an amazing family and Newmanís arenít that family. Nor are any of them amazing fathers or husbands. So I hope Adam backs off and lets Chelsea and Connor have a life they deserve. Adams doesnít care about the baby he just wants Chelsea to tell him he was right all along. Connor will end up like Summer and pawn in a Newmanís sick game to prove to the world the Newmanís are always right. Victor and Adam proved my point again today. This thing with Cane, Lily and Hillary has drug on long enough time to move on.

Ej Fan
Member Avatar

I don't think Chelsea was in the right at all. I do think both her and Adam screwed up in some of the devisions they made, but Adam has the right to know the baby is his. I could actually understand her not telling him if he had been abusive to her, but that hasn't been the case. Actually over the past months we've seen a lot of remorse from Adam and wanting to make things right with Chelsea. I do believe he loves Chelsea, and even if they never get back together Chelsea owes him the truth about their sick son.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

If Chelsea had really moved on she would have been truthful and not cared that Adam was in his child's life and carried on with her romance with Dullen. The fact that she designated Dyldo as a better option was totally to punish Adam and make a point to say that he was scum. I dont disagree, he was a total douche but that is still his kid. Chelsea is still clearly hurt that Adam chose Newman over her. That's what it really boils down to. Her son is just an excuse for the lie.

Cornellw
Member Avatar

What I don't get is how Chelsea can talk about Adam like he is dirt and call him evil when he has shown her nothing but kindness and love. That's what I don't get and how she can justify keeping his son away from him. Even though I hope they can work through this I just don't like how the one person Adam trusted more than anyone else (only second to old Adam and old Heather) can turn on him like that.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Quote:

Adam didnít have time to grieve with Chelsea he was to busy trying to get back into the good graces of his daddy and getting Sharon on the straight and narrow

THAT was his fault, he should have made Chelsea his first priority, Victor would have understood, and who cares what sharon needed.

metitle
Member Avatar

lovinsafe

So Chelsea moved on I know what Chelsea did was wrong, but it's not wrong to want your child to have an amazing family and the Newman's aren't that family. Nor are any of them amazing fathers or husbands. So I hope Adam backs off and lets Chelsea and Connor have a life they deserve. Adams doesnít care about the baby he just wants Chelsea to tell him he was right all along.

I could say the same about the people who spawned honey boo boo but it is not for me to judge who will make better or good parents.
So Adam should just give up and walk away from his child? I remembered when Adam and Chelsea were married and he found out he was going to be a father before the accident and the miscarriage. He was over the top with happiness. I dont see how he can be judged to not be a good parent when he was never given the chance. Besides who deserves to be a parent? Who is anyone to judge who should be a parent?
Well I guess Adam doesn't deserve his kid - just like the Newman ranch didn't deserve the burning -because he is already judged to not be a good parent. Even though he never had a kid to begin with.

metitle
Member Avatar

3WishGenie

Chelsea is still clearly hurt that Adam chose Newman over her. That's what it really boils down to. Her son is just an excuse for the lie.
So basically she decided to spite Adam for his choice. Too bad, because I think if he knew he had kid on the way, he would have made different choices.

Cornellw
Member Avatar

No Chelsea never looked upon Adam as evil until Chloe started putting ideas into her head. Chelsea was hurt that Adam wanted to say at Newman and prove something to his father but she never saw him as evil till Chloe. Thats why I find it stupid that she would try and do something like this to him. If you go all the way back to when they first met Adam has always shown her nothing but love, kindness and respect. Sure he made some mistakes but he never stopped loving her and begged her to stay. Even up until recently he has always shown love for her and just wanted her to be happy. I think he is hurt that someone he loved could do something like this to him and she was hurt that he wanted to prove something to his father than move away to Paris with her. In the real world if they actually sat down and talked cooler heads would have prevailed. However in soaps that is not the case and despite it all Chelsea has no one to blame but herself.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Yep, Chelsea screwed up big time by listening to stupid Chloe and going along with her "baby-daddy" plan. But hey, where would the drama had come from if she had told him she was pregnant and they'd got back together. The truth is out and it shows Chelsea for what she is, a con-artist and not a very good one at that. Now watch the :shithitfan: This one little s/l is going to drag a lot of people in it, (if the writers do it right)........

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Like this is the first storyline of this kind. There wouldn't be soap opera's with out the cheating, hiding, lying, paternity tests, 'not the daddy' story lines.
Adam proved after the first miscarriage that his priorities were NE and SCNANNN. Don't grieve together, don't talk to your wife about how he feels about the loss. Go to work, be what your Daddy wants, be there for your thieving, lying, arsonist X-wife. Chelsea's supposed to stand there and grieve alone?
Adam knew Chelsea's past just as she knew his. They are both at fault. Chelsea moved on, Adam didn't. She didn't want her child living in the Newman world of cut-throat, family comes after business, lifestyle.
I personally don't blame her for keeping him away from the 'Nightmare on Newman Ranch' sequel.

LPS
Member Avatar

^Exactly! Who wants to watch some boring ass couple just have a baby? However, this storyline was poorly written, and I'm just glad its done.

metitle
Member Avatar

LPS
Sep 10 2013, 09:05 AM
^Exactly! Who wants to watch some boring ass couple just have a baby? However, this storyline was poorly written, and I'm just glad its done.
yipeee on that.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Cornellw
Sep 10 2013, 06:30 AM
No Chelsea never looked upon Adam as evil until Chloe started putting ideas into her head. Chelsea was hurt that Adam wanted to say at Newman and prove something to his father but she never saw him as evil till Chloe. Thats why I find it stupid that she would try and do something like this to him. If you go all the way back to when they first met Adam has always shown her nothing but love, kindness and respect. Sure he made some mistakes but he never stopped loving her and begged her to stay. Even up until recently he has always shown love for her and just wanted her to be happy. I think he is hurt that someone he loved could do something like this to him and she was hurt that he wanted to prove something to his father than move away to Paris with her. In the real world if they actually sat down and talked cooler heads would have prevailed. However in soaps that is not the case and despite it all Chelsea has no one to blame but herself.
I am curious to what the next encounter between Chelsea and Chloe will entail. I bet Chloe will be real thrilled that her plan worked perfectly...NOT.

Chelsea loved Adam hard and she is afraid of getting sucked in by him and getting hurt again. If she actually sees him as a good father and holding their son well, I bet she'll turn to mush and give in again. That is what she is really afraid of not that Adam is evil and will take the baby. Like you said, she never thought that until Chloe put the idea in her head playing on her insecurities about losing the baby. Evidently, the show has gone out of its way to show us that Adam didn't want her to lose another child. I guess it was a lot easier for her to think of Adam as evil than to deal with her feelings.

Cornellw
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Sep 10 2013, 12:46 PM
Cornellw
Sep 10 2013, 06:30 AM
I am curious to what the next encounter between Chelsea and Chloe will entail. I bet Chloe will be real thrilled that her plan worked perfectly...NOT.

Chelsea loved Adam hard and she is afraid of getting sucked in by him and getting hurt again. If she actually sees him as a good father and holding their son well, I bet she'll turn to mush and give in again. That is what she is really afraid of not that Adam is evil and will take the baby. Like you said, she never thought that until Chloe put the idea in her head playing on her insecurities about losing the baby. Evidently, the show has gone out of its way to show us that Adam didn't want her to lose another child. I guess it was a lot easier for her to think of Adam as evil than to deal with her feelings.
I can relate to what Adam is going through that's why I like this story but at the same time wish they inject some realism into it for the people who have gone through this.

As far as Chloe goes all she is going to do IMO is tell Chelsea to keep the baby as far away from Adam and try to make herself look clean. In all honesty I don't know why Chelsea is still seeking Chloe out for advice I would have told her to get lost by now and try to talk and explain things to Adam if she knows he is angry and hurt. It's amazing how she felt guilt over what what she did to Billy but has none for the man she so called loved.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply