Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: September Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 2 2013, 01:43 AM (7,069 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

natdot99
Sep 21 2013, 11:28 AM
Renegade_Killerbee
Sep 21 2013, 09:23 AM
metitle
Sep 17 2013, 09:00 PM

If somehow the soap gods would do something so that Steve Burton goes back to GH, so we are not subjected to Dylan being everyone's orbit.
Bite your tongue.

I'm a General Hospital viewer as well and I wouldn't wish that on my worst soap watcher enemy: that Steve Burton come back to Port Charles. That show has been on fire since he quit. Let him go back to Days of Our Lives! I don't watch that show. Wasn't that his first soap role back in 1990 or 1991?

SB on GH was boring as heck to me. All he did was whine to Sam and point a gun at people.
Well now he's pointing flashlights! Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Adam should be damn glad that is all Dylan had. Speaking of guns... I read somewhere that Jill get's shot. Anyone know any more than that?

metitle
Member Avatar

natdot99
Sep 21 2013, 11:28 AM
Renegade_Killerbee
Sep 21 2013, 09:23 AM
metitle
Sep 17 2013, 09:00 PM

If somehow the soap gods would do something so that Steve Burton goes back to GH, so we are not subjected to Dylan being everyone's orbit.
Bite your tongue.

I'm a General Hospital viewer as well and I wouldn't wish that on my worst soap watcher enemy: that Steve Burton come back to Port Charles. That show has been on fire since he quit. Let him go back to Days of Our Lives! I don't watch that show. Wasn't that his first soap role back in 1990 or 1991?

SB on GH was boring as heck to me. All he did was whine to Sam and point a gun at people.
well give Steve and Jill enough time, he will be back pointing guns again at people soon.
true, that most of times on GH he was either complaining to Sam or pointing guns but that dont mean he shouldn't go back.
Have I mentioned Carly being annoying? Jason knew how to stop her being that way by saying "okay I will take care of it".

celine12

BlissfulLily
Sep 16 2013, 06:57 AM
Amen Sammie!
But ya know, I swear it was against a dumpster not on one. But geeeee, it wasn't pity sex or dead dog sex.
Phyllis always wore such pretty, daring outfits. Leather, lace and spandex and they always were a matching set!
No mixing things up for her!
It wasn't having sex after talking about your dead child! How many times did Nick and Sharon have Cassie grief sex? ewwwwwww

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Sep 21 2013, 01:36 PM
Adam should be damn glad that is all Dylan had. Speaking of guns... I read somewhere that Jill get's shot. Anyone know any more than that?
I've not heard anything about that but it was only a matter of time before JFP brought some form of the mob to Y&R

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I suppose I'd be in deep shit if I copied and pasted huh?

metitle
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Sep 21 2013, 09:18 PM
BlissfulLily
I've not heard anything about that but it was only a matter of time before JFP brought some form of the mob to Y&R
Well she does seem to have a great love for the mob stories.
Look how many years that went on over at GH? It was like watching a very tamed unrealistic version of the Sopranos.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Sep 22 2013, 07:48 AM
I suppose I'd be in deep shit if I copied and pasted huh?
you can bring a link.

natdot99
Member Avatar

metitle
Sep 22 2013, 09:24 AM
3WishGenie
Sep 21 2013, 09:18 PM
BlissfulLily
Look how many years that went on over at GH? It was like watching a very tamed unrealistic version of the Sopranos.

Because SB character on GH was a hitman who only jeans and a black t-shirt for decades.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

metitle
It went on for ten ridiculous years and it was literally The Sonny, Jason & Carly Hour during that entire duration.

I am positive she is going to do the same thing to Young and the Restless. Give her time. She is still relatively new there. It took her two or three years to get rid of Anna Lee, Jacklyn Zeman, Kristina Wagner and push all the other beloved characters to the backburner.

Soapwatcher

I quit watching GH when it became the Sonny/Jason hour, it became less about the hospital and doctors and nurses and more about the gangsters. I still don't like Sonny.
Steve Burton had that Jason look in his eyes the other day when Chelsea tried to talk to
Dylan, his cold cold stare. If this suddenly becomes about a waterfront and the gang who can't shoot straight I definitely will quit watching.

metitle
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Sep 22 2013, 01:15 PM
metitle
It went on for ten ridiculous years and it was literally The Sonny, Jason & Carly Hour during that entire duration.

I am positive she is going to do the same thing to Young and the Restless. Give her time. She is still relatively new there. It took her two or three years to get rid of Anna Lee, Jacklyn Zeman, Kristina Wagner and push all the other beloved characters to the backburner.
Well if Maurice Benard joins Y&R, then definitely Jill is going the mob story direction.
Then we can count out all the other people on the show, because it will be Maurice/SB hour until Laura Wright join the show.
I still want SB to go back to GH, because Carly is getting on my last nerve. I am hoping that Franco will kill her already.

Soapwatcher

Steve Burton had that Jason look in his eyes the other day when Chelsea tried to talk to
Dylan, his cold cold stare. If this suddenly becomes about a waterfront and the gang who can't shoot straight I definitely will quit watching.
I dont think Steve knows any other stare than the cold one. He has been doing it for many years, he will need to be retrained to include emotions in his acting. Yes, the stare is gave Chelsea was definitely the "Jason cold stare". But I think he has been doing since he came to Y&R. Just look at an episode when he talks to Adam. He doesn't know better.

gtamom
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed Fridays program, which will air in the USA tomorrow. I watched it several times, not the entire program, but the scenes with Dylan, Connor, Avery, Adam and Chelsea.

Steve Burton was fantastic, I was totally drawn into his flashback, and rewound and re-watched the scene several times! Avery was excellent too, and I am not usually a fan of the Avery character. Monday may reveal Nikki's son, according to the preview.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Sep 22 2013, 01:15 PM
metitle

He's now written a song for the show what's next? He'll be writing a script and directing it! JFP doesn't need more time, it is already the SB show.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Sep 22 2013, 03:28 PM
I quit watching GH when it became the Sonny/Jason hour, it became less about the hospital and doctors and nurses and more about the gangsters. I still don't like Sonny.
I gave Steve the benefit of the doubt when he joined this show, thinking perhaps he had just become bored playing Jason for 21 years and was given the same material day in and day out for the last six or seven years and maybe given a new character with a painful past might re-energize his acting chops.

But nope that deer-caught-in-the-headlights look is still there only difference is this time he's just calling it Dullan ...er, I mean Dylan, I guess.

Leisha
Member Avatar

BlueEyes28
Sep 20 2013, 02:21 AM
IAnd im interested in Jill/musicbox.
I was, but now that I know it's not leading to Chancellor Industries I could care less. Whatever it is we know Jill is done :rip: . No job, love life, and no on-screen relationship w/her family there's no reason for her to exist.

Giving CI to Victor ends the Chancellors :rip: once and for all, but it made no story sense. Kay Chancellor would have never given her company, even to Victor. Regardless of her differences with Jill, she knew Jill shared the same loved ones. Besides How long did Kay think 75 year old Victor can keep it going? He's not a vampire, it'll just be handed down to his family instead of hers. Just garbage writing!

Jill would've always keep the company in the family. She would've employ , Victoria, Billy, Chance, Mac and whoever in that big extended family came to town. With Victor it's all about him, he's the boss and there will be nothing different about him running CI than what we've seen of his running of NE,.....which we've seen for decades. Not to mention he's still fixated on getting NE back even with CI, so it's the same old thing. it wouldn't matter if Victor was in charge of ACME inc. it didn't have to be CI. Whereas Jill never had free reign with any company before so that would have been new and interesting. :popcorn:

Well I'm done, I don't care what happens to CI if it's no longer part of the Chancellor family. Now it's just another one of Victor's companies. Without it being attached to a family it's just like $$$. It doesn't matter if a person has 3, 4 or 5 billion, or 2, 3 or 4 companies, it's just meaningless story wise. :bedtime:
Edited by Leisha, Sep 28 2013, 06:39 PM.

LRE1956

I can't even imagine why Katherine would have given CI to Victor.... I am still holding hope that IF and WHEN solves the mystery that the company will revert to her. I am soooo over TGVN and his attitude. He thinks that everything he does is so righteous, I still remember him holding a man hostage in a cage in his basement...ugh! Do the writers really think we always need to see him win? I don't! Poor Jack will be destroyed once again when the truth comes out about Summer and we will have to watch more scenes of Victor gloating...Thank heavens for the FF button!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

LRE1956
Sep 29 2013, 07:09 AM
I can't even imagine why Katherine would have given CI to Victor.... I am still holding hope that IF and WHEN solves the mystery that the company will revert to her. I am soooo over TGVN and his attitude. He thinks that everything he does is so righteous, I still remember him holding a man hostage in a cage in his basement...ugh! Do the writers really think we always need to see him win? I don't! Poor Jack will be destroyed once again when the truth comes out about Summer and we will have to watch more scenes of Victor gloating...Thank heavens for the FF button!
If Katherine gave Victor the company in his will, the only way it can go to Jill would be if Katherine put a stipulation in that if Victor died, Jill gets the company, and since it wasn't in the letter, I highly doubt it..
I never thought the music box had anything to do with Chancellor, especially since she's gone to Switzerland, home of swiss bank accts and watchmakers. I really do believe there's a pile of money waiting for Jill, there's just no way Katherine would leave her without the finances to maintain the estate, especially after giving Devon $2 billion! :frustration: :frustration:

celine12

Leisha
Sep 28 2013, 06:26 PM
BlueEyes28
I was, but now that I know it's not leading to Chancellor Industries I could care less. Whatever it is we know Jill is done :rip: . No job, love life, and no on-screen relationship w/her family there's no reason for her to exist.

Giving CI to Victor ends the Chancellors :rip: once and for all, but it made no story sense. Kay Chancellor would have never given her company, even to Victor. Regardless of her differences with Jill, she knew Jill shared the same loved ones. Besides How long did Kay think 75 year old Victor can keep it going? He's not a vampire, it'll just be handed down to his family instead of hers. Just garbage writing!

Jill would've always keep the company in the family. She would've employ , Victoria, Billy, Chance, Mac and whoever in that big extended family came to town. With Victor it's all about him, he's the boss and there will be nothing different about him running CI than what we've seen of his running of NE,.....which we've seen for decades. Not to mention he's still fixated on getting NE back even with CI, so it's the same old thing. it wouldn't matter if Victor was in charge of ACME inc. it didn't have to be CI. Whereas Jill never had free reign with any company before so that would have been new and interesting. :popcorn:

Well I'm done, I don't care what happens to CI if it's no longer part of the Chancellor family. Now it's just another one of Victor's companies. Without it being attached to a family it's just like $$$. It doesn't matter if a person has 3, 4 or 5 billion, or 2, 3 or 4 companies, it's just meaningless story wise. :bedtime:
I am ducking because I know this will upset some posters. I think JFP should get rid of Jill. With Kay gone, she is pointless. I thought she was rather pointless when Kay was alive. I am not bashing the actress because Jess Walton is great. BUT she is over 60. It's not fair but once actors get to a certain age, the walls start closing in. I have no desire to ever see Jill, Nikki, Paul, Jack or Victor do a love scene EVER. I apologize if that offends anyone, but that's how I feel and I am pretty sure the audience JFP is trying to attract to Y&R feels exactly the same way.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

celine12
Sep 29 2013, 10:48 AM
Leisha
Sep 28 2013, 06:26 PM
BlueEyes28

I am ducking because I know this will upset some posters. I think JFP should get rid of Jill. With Kay gone, she is pointless. I thought she was rather pointless when Kay was alive. I am not bashing the actress because Jess Walton is great. BUT she is over 60. It's not fair but once actors get to a certain age, the walls start closing in. I have no desire to ever see Jill, Nikki, Paul, Jack or Victor do a love scene EVER. I apologize if that offends anyone, but that's how I feel and I am pretty sure the audience JFP is trying to attract to Y&R feels exactly the same way.
The part about the love scenes is right on the mark, Jack looks ridiculous, Nikki when she's kissing Victor and they're standing up, she has her ass pooched out like she's afraid to make contact, Victor is too stiff, (no pun intended lol) Jill, she always looked ridiculous to me in love scenes when she'd lick her lips in anticipation. lol
That time they showed Murphy and Katherine in bed together, I almost gagged.
Lauren playing the aging sex kitten had been gross for a long time now, even though she still has the best body on the show. We know she has an at least 40 year old son in Canada, so she'd be at least 60, if they did ages in real years.
I'm sure they want to attract a younger audience, but I'm not sure the younger set are into watching soap operas, and if they were, they sure don't want to see 60,70, & 80 year olds making out.
I'm pretty sure no one would want to see me or anyone else here who is in that age bracket acting like we're 20 again with raging hormones and I'm not too crazy to see it either.. :laugh:
I'd like to see them give Jill a prominent role on the show, and have her stop with her histrionics about Katherine hating her.
There, you aren't alone now, between the two of us, we probably offended everyone on the planet. :lol:
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply