Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: September Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 2 2013, 01:43 AM (6,848 Views)
celine12

Sammie Jo
Sep 29 2013, 01:01 PM
celine12
Sep 29 2013, 10:48 AM
Leisha
Sep 28 2013, 06:26 PM
BlueEyes28
Sep 20 2013, 02:21 AM
IAnd im interested in Jill/musicbox.
I was, but now that I know it's not leading to Chancellor Industries I could care less. Whatever it is we know Jill is done :rip: . No job, love life, and no on-screen relationship w/her family there's no reason for her to exist.

Giving CI to Victor ends the Chancellors :rip: once and for all, but it made no story sense. Kay Chancellor would have never given her company, even to Victor. Regardless of her differences with Jill, she knew Jill shared the same loved ones. Besides How long did Kay think 75 year old Victor can keep it going? He's not a vampire, it'll just be handed down to his family instead of hers. Just garbage writing!

Jill would've always keep the company in the family. She would've employ , Victoria, Billy, Chance, Mac and whoever in that big extended family came to town. With Victor it's all about him, he's the boss and there will be nothing different about him running CI than what we've seen of his running of NE,.....which we've seen for decades. Not to mention he's still fixated on getting NE back even with CI, so it's the same old thing. it wouldn't matter if Victor was in charge of ACME inc. it didn't have to be CI. Whereas Jill never had free reign with any company before so that would have been new and interesting. :popcorn:

Well I'm done, I don't care what happens to CI if it's no longer part of the Chancellor family. Now it's just another one of Victor's companies. Without it being attached to a family it's just like $$$. It doesn't matter if a person has 3, 4 or 5 billion, or 2, 3 or 4 companies, it's just meaningless story wise. :bedtime:
I am ducking because I know this will upset some posters. I think JFP should get rid of Jill. With Kay gone, she is pointless. I thought she was rather pointless when Kay was alive. I am not bashing the actress because Jess Walton is great. BUT she is over 60. It's not fair but once actors get to a certain age, the walls start closing in. I have no desire to ever see Jill, Nikki, Paul, Jack or Victor do a love scene EVER. I apologize if that offends anyone, but that's how I feel and I am pretty sure the audience JFP is trying to attract to Y&R feels exactly the same way.
The part about the love scenes is right on the mark, Jack looks ridiculous, Nikki when she's kissing Victor and they're standing up, she has her ass pooched out like she's afraid to make contact, Victor is too stiff, (no pun intended lol) Jill, she always looked ridiculous to me in love scenes when she'd lick her lips in anticipation. lol
That time they showed Murphy and Katherine in bed together, I almost gagged.
Lauren playing the aging sex kitten had been gross for a long time now, even though she still has the best body on the show. We know she has an at least 40 year old son in Canada, so she'd be at least 60, if they did ages in real years.
I'm sure they want to attract a younger audience, but I'm not sure the younger set are into watching soap operas, and if they were, they sure don't want to see 60,70, & 80 year olds making out.
I'm pretty sure no one would want to see me or anyone else here who is in that age bracket acting like we're 20 again with raging hormones and I'm not too crazy to see it either.. :laugh:
I'd like to see them give Jill a prominent role on the show, and have her stop with her histrionics about Katherine hating her.
There, you aren't alone now, between the two of us, we probably offended everyone on the planet. :lol:
Posted Image
Great post. I think you're right, we have offended everyone. lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

celine12
Sep 29 2013, 03:38 PM
Sammie Jo
Sep 29 2013, 01:01 PM
celine12
Sep 29 2013, 10:48 AM
Leisha
Sep 28 2013, 06:26 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I am ducking because I know this will upset some posters. I think JFP should get rid of Jill. With Kay gone, she is pointless. I thought she was rather pointless when Kay was alive. I am not bashing the actress because Jess Walton is great. BUT she is over 60. It's not fair but once actors get to a certain age, the walls start closing in. I have no desire to ever see Jill, Nikki, Paul, Jack or Victor do a love scene EVER. I apologize if that offends anyone, but that's how I feel and I am pretty sure the audience JFP is trying to attract to Y&R feels exactly the same way.
The part about the love scenes is right on the mark, Jack looks ridiculous, Nikki when she's kissing Victor and they're standing up, she has her ass pooched out like she's afraid to make contact, Victor is too stiff, (no pun intended lol) Jill, she always looked ridiculous to me in love scenes when she'd lick her lips in anticipation. lol
That time they showed Murphy and Katherine in bed together, I almost gagged.
Lauren playing the aging sex kitten had been gross for a long time now, even though she still has the best body on the show. We know she has an at least 40 year old son in Canada, so she'd be at least 60, if they did ages in real years.
I'm sure they want to attract a younger audience, but I'm not sure the younger set are into watching soap operas, and if they were, they sure don't want to see 60,70, & 80 year olds making out.
I'm pretty sure no one would want to see me or anyone else here who is in that age bracket acting like we're 20 again with raging hormones and I'm not too crazy to see it either.. :laugh:
I'd like to see them give Jill a prominent role on the show, and have her stop with her histrionics about Katherine hating her.
There, you aren't alone now, between the two of us, we probably offended everyone on the planet. :lol:
Posted Image
Great post. I think you're right, we have offended everyone. lol
Good! My goal in life! Posted Image

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

I'll jump right in there with you:-) "I have no desire to ever see Jill, Nikki, Paul, Jack or Victor do a love scene EVER." Those days with those people should be behind us!

Soapwatcher

I haven't read the other threads but excuse me Victor came to GC 33 years ago? Maybe in real time but not in storyline time, that would make Victoria and Nick in their twenties and Victoria has been married a lot of times to be only in her twenties and so has Nick after all Summer is 18 as they keep rehashing and rehashing.
Well Jill has been on as long if not longer (the character I mean) than Mrs. C. so she is a vital part of the show, while I think she is always angry and it makes me mad that she puts old Cane before her real sons. You people that want to get rid of the old characters because they are old in your eyes some day you'll be there too if you live long enough, let's see how fast they get rid of you at your job and how fast you want them to.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

I never said get rid of the old characters, just I don't want to see love scenes between them! "Those days" meaning the days of love scenes between Nikki, Victor, Jack, Jill, Paul, etc....Geeeez!!! I've watch Y&R for many years, those characters are the root of this show and if they got rid of them IMO the show would be cooked. I can't hardly stand some of these newbies that have been brought on this show, the acting is so poor as is the writing. But no way do I want the main characters done away, that would be it......no more Y&R for me!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Sep 30 2013, 12:06 PM
I haven't read the other threads but excuse me Victor came to GC 33 years ago? Maybe in real time but not in storyline time, that would make Victoria and Nick in their twenties and Victoria has been married a lot of times to be only in her twenties and so has Nick after all Summer is 18 as they keep rehashing and rehashing.
Well Jill has been on as long if not longer (the character I mean) than Mrs. C. so she is a vital part of the show, while I think she is always angry and it makes me mad that she puts old Cane before her real sons. You people that want to get rid of the old characters because they are old in your eyes some day you'll be there too if you live long enough, let's see how fast they get rid of you at your job and how fast you want them to.
Who said anything about getting rid of them, we just said we didn't want to see them slobbering all over each other.
Billy & Victoria might want to give it up too, they were awful today, so phony and forced.

Soapwatcher

I agree with you about all of them slobbering over each other young and old, and Victor kissing Nikki all the time every time they move is ridiculous, she goes to stand he kisses her cheek she goes to sat down he kisses her cheek, she leaves the room he kisses her she comes in the room he kisses her, but someone said that they felt Jill was useless and I was just saying that she is a part of the show from the beginning.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Sep 30 2013, 09:29 AM
I'll jump right in there with you:-) "I have no desire to ever see Jill, Nikki, Paul, Jack or Victor do a love scene EVER." Those days with those people should be behind us!
Some of you seem to forget that older people do care about each other. They kiss, they make love. If they are going to keep the older set then you are bound to see that older people do make love. Not every one that is older just suddenly loses their desire for sex. Just FF thru the older peoples scenes if you don't like seeing older people kissing and making love. Just remember thou you will be old someday and you better pray that someone cares enough to kiss you and make love to you. :D :lol:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

HotPepper
Oct 2 2013, 02:59 AM
SnowAngel
Some of you seem to forget that older people do care about each other. They kiss, they make love. If they are going to keep the older set then you are bound to see that older people do make love. Not every one that is older just suddenly loses their desire for sex. Just FF thru the older peoples scenes if you don't like seeing older people kissing and making love. Just remember thou you will be old someday and you better pray that someone cares enough to kiss you and make love to you. :D :lol:
Of course older people make love, they just don't look as attractive as someone younger, and since TV is fantasyland, I don't want to see someone else's wrinkles & flab while they're trying to act all sexy.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Oct 2 2013, 07:25 AM
HotPepper
Oct 2 2013, 02:59 AM
SnowAngel
Of course older people make love, they just don't look as attractive as someone younger, and since TV is fantasyland, I don't want to see someone else's wrinkles & flab while they're trying to act all sexy.
I am old!!!! And I do have someone that kisses me and makes love to me, but it ain't always a pretty sight :roflol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply