Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: September Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 2 2013, 01:51 AM (8,819 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

General Hospital: September Discussion

Robin's Arrival (1985)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f9vMLeEz7A

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

appleblossom

I hope Spin and Ellie can repair their relationship over time, I do think he had a right to be pissed off, but his reaction was too cruel. Maybe they can be friends again. He should question Maxi about not telling him Ellie was coming to the roof. Something tells me maxi is heading for Ferncliff due to the rumors Dr. O will kidnap her kid. That's sad she will lose her closest friends Lante, and Spin due to her lies. She meant well, but screwed up. Glad Spin went off on her, I think she will have a new respect for him since she sees her "lapdog" is gone. I hope they will be civil co-parents once all the crap is cleared up.
Edited by appleblossom, Sep 2 2013, 09:25 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Been catching up after being out of town and oh, my...Bradford Anderson continues to kill it. The writing and acting of the Spinelli/Maxi confrontation was perfection.

I'm also glad Robin's not going to have to deal with the Britt baby mess when she gets back to town. Glad we know at least a part of the truth came out before the baby is born. It would have been too much to see 3 people (Patrick, Dante and Lulu) bonding over a child that's not theirs.

All in all, I'm looking forward to see what fall has in store for GH. They had some important resolutions to various stories this month that will springboard nicely into fall.

Connor Murphy
Member Avatar

I'm sick of Morgan's attitude.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Brad the father,oh Britt,I think are so full of shit.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Morgan is an irritating douche.

Brad is the father of Britt's baby? Just how on earth was she going to pull that off? Brad is Asian after all. ^o)

I wonder how much longer they are going to drag out the truth about Maxie's baby?

I'm not feeling it between Sam and John ... Caleb .... Stephen ... Silas. :P

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

IMO Britt lied to Patrick about Brad being the father of the baby. We may be in for an unexpected surprise when the truth is revealed.

I was hoping Spixie was finally admitting the truth about their baby today.

I can't stand Morgan is thrown under the bus for Michael and Kiki.
Edited by bellajewel, Sep 3 2013, 08:19 PM.

Sweetie

I hope Carlos is for Carly she needs a new man

natdot99
Member Avatar

Nik defending Britt was :wub:
Patrick only got interested in the baby when Sabrina started to whisper in his ear about her maternal bond toward the baby, other than that, he could care less about the baby.
Nik was right to ask Patrick to leave his house, and I loved that he threatened to end Patrick career.
Britt finally moved on from Patrick because she told him that she loved(past tense) him.
Britt never had any love and support from her parents and she wanted that from Patrick at any cost.
Edited by natdot99, Sep 3 2013, 11:32 PM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I love Sam and Derek and Derek and Alexis. I really like the character of Derek/Julian and I like the actor so I hope he's a keeper. I like this guy even more than Maura West as far as new arrivals go (though someone suggested Kassie DePaiva as Ava now that OLTL has been shelved and I was very intrigued by the idea). Anyway, something just feels right with Derek/Julian and I hope they don't mess this nascent family story up. When TPTB get something right on GH, they get it really, really right...and when they get something wrong, they get it hopelessly wrong.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Britt has completely grown on me too. I can't believe how much I despised her when she first arrived compared to how I see her now. They toned her down and made her less cartoonish and it's done wonders for the character. Meanwhile, the Sabrina character has virtually stagnated. I like the actress playing Sabrina and there have even been times when I liked the character, but she's never been dealt a particularly good hand as far as writing goes. They need to add more layers to the character and spice her up somehow.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I hate virtually every decision Maxie has made since she miscarried and then got pregnant by Spinelli, but something feels very off about the lack of concern Dante and Lulu (especially Lulu) have shown Maxie since she gave birth. I understand why Maxie nearly feeding "their" baby would disturb them, but everything about their behavior right now just feels wrong and deeply insensitive. I prefer nu-Lulu's chemistry with Dante to old Lulu's, but feel the opposite way about her friendship with Maxie. The friend chemistry is just not there.

Sweetie

The only thing I don't like is Carly and Franco story every thing else is feta!!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

deVry works for me as Julian when he's in scenes with Ava. The minute Julian is in scenes with Alexis and Sam, I just can't get into them. Especially considering all I can think about is how awesome and much more suited for the role Peter Reckell would've been. Watching "Derek" and Sam bond yesterday was nice until I remembered that Julian is Sam's dad. I'm just having trouble buying deVry as Sam's dad. He looks like he could be her own age!

As for Sam and Silas, I don't know. The chemistry between Monaco and Easton is there. It's just that I'm not sure I can support the pairing of Sam and Silas. When Easton was still playing John McBain, I don't know, it just felt natural when the two met. And their characters gelled together. I'm not getting that with Silas. Still seems forced.

Loved Britt going into desperation mode. Naming Brad as the father, and then saying she was just hoping the baby would look more like her than him to make it pass was great and I think Thiebaud played Britt's desperation to cover well. And I loved Nikolas coming in and threatening to harm Patrick if he didn't leave Britt alone. Britt has her own hero. Her own Batman to her Catwoman.

I'm really starting to root for Felix and Brad. I like the layers they're adding to Brad. I can't wait to see today's episode, and I hope Felix consoles Brad after Patrick hits him. Perfect timing for a real first kiss.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I would have preferred Felix and Milo but I too am starting to see the potential in Felix and Brad.

I really, really want Britt and Nicholas too.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Sep 4 2013, 01:43 PM
I would have preferred Felix and Milo but I too am starting to see the potential in Felix and Brad.
I was shipping Felix and Milo too! I really thought that was where Carlivati was going.

adiasi

bellajewel
Sep 3 2013, 04:07 PM
IMO Britt lied to Patrick about Brad being the father of the baby. We may be in for an unexpected surprise when the truth is revealed.

I was hoping Spixie was finally admitting the truth about their baby today.

I can't stand Morgan is thrown under the bus for Michael and Kiki.
I agree with you over the Morgan thing. First off, I am not a fan of Morgan. I hate how the writers have reintroduced him to us but what I hate even more is Michael chasing after his brother's girlfriend now wife. I don't give a rats ass how attracted he was to her. Kiki is still with his brother. I cannot stand Michael right now.

adiasi

DrewHamilton
Sep 4 2013, 12:05 PM
deVry works for me as Julian when he's in scenes with Ava. The minute Julian is in scenes with Alexis and Sam, I just can't get into them. Especially considering all I can think about is how awesome and much more suited for the role Peter Reckell would've been. Watching "Derek" and Sam bond yesterday was nice until I remembered that Julian is Sam's dad. I'm just having trouble buying deVry as Sam's dad. He looks like he could be her own age!

As for Sam and Silas, I don't know. The chemistry between Monaco and Easton is there. It's just that I'm not sure I can support the pairing of Sam and Silas. When Easton was still playing John McBain, I don't know, it just felt natural when the two met. And their characters gelled together. I'm not getting that with Silas. Still seems forced.

Loved Britt going into desperation mode. Naming Brad as the father, and then saying she was just hoping the baby would look more like her than him to make it pass was great and I think Thiebaud played Britt's desperation to cover well. And I loved Nikolas coming in and threatening to harm Patrick if he didn't leave Britt alone. Britt has her own hero. Her own Batman to her Catwoman.

I'm really starting to root for Felix and Brad. I like the layers they're adding to Brad. I can't wait to see today's episode, and I hope Felix consoles Brad after Patrick hits him. Perfect timing for a real first kiss.
Yeah, I agree with you all the way. Julian is sexy and I can see him being a love interest for Sam more so than Alexis. He just does not look old enough.

Sam and Silas does seem weird. Maybe if the writers didn't bring him on so weird and cold. Or maybe if Easton had played it differently. They just don't do it for me.

Would love to see Brick, but we need to get past this baby story quickly. Would hate to see Brick fall in love, take care of her baby and then find out it's actually Lante's baby.

This guy who plays Brad does a brilliant job flipping back and forth between being a jerk and being genuine. He is very believable playing both. His nice guy scenes with Felix are tender. Would love to see more.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

It's weird how when the OLTL 3 first came on last year, Roger Howarth's Todd Manning was my favorite, followed by McBain. While I could clearly tell McBain was a favorite of Ron's, I appreciated the fact that we had a good guy---a cop---as one of the heros of the show. I never bought into the whole Jason/hit-man/enforcer-as-hero, so seeing McBain be the one to rescue Sam and Lulu from Ronnie last year was a refreshing change. And I loved Todd and all his hilarious one liners.

Fast forward to a year later and I haven't been nearly as happy with the new characters, and I find Silas to be the least annoying. And I preferred the dynamic between McBain/Sam to Silas/Sam. I think the OLTL 3 introductions this time around has been more forced and in-our-faces than last year---the OLTL characters of Todd, McBain and Starr seemed to fit more organically into the canvas than Franco, Silas and Kiki. I do place a lot of the blame for the messiness this year on the ABC/Disney/Prospect Park clusterfuck. On a side note, I feel SOOOOOOOO bad for the One Life fans who are continuing to be jerked around by this never-ending drama.

One thing that's stayed pretty much the same for me is my feeling that I can take or leave Kristen Alderson.

appleblossom

Why would Micheal like Kiki anyway, she and Morgan like to play perverted games sometimes. She's a little whacked, and so is his brother.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply