Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL to remain on Indefinite Hiatus
Topic Started: Sep 3 2013, 09:39 AM (3,313 Views)
etfan1

OLTL To Remain On Indefinite Hiatus

By SOD • Posted: Sep 3, 2013

A bombshell was tucked inside an interview with Prospect Park chief Jeff Kwatinetz in the L.A. Times: While AMC's writing team is hard at work on its upcoming second season (which still has no production start date), the paper reports that PP is "shelving" OLTL "until the ABC lawsuit is resolved." As viewers who have followed the real-life drama surrounding the series' reboot know, PP filed a multimillion dollar lawsuit against ABC arguing that GENERAL HOSPITAL damaged OLTL's chances of success with its treatment of the former Llanview residents that moved to Port Charles (namely Todd, Starr and John) by inducing their portrayers not to join OLTL, and by killing off characters including Cole, Hope and the unborn son of Téa and Victor. Read the original story here: http://rdsn.net/buzz/2013/09/03/prospect-park-to-shelve-one-life-to-live....

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/oltl-remain-indefinite-hiatus
Edited by etfan1, Sep 3 2013, 09:40 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I'm glad I have about 40 episodes of both One Life to Live and All My Children that I haven't watched yet.

Had a feeling something like this would happen.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ...

jacpre
Member Avatar

I loved OLTL before they brought it back. In my opinion they should have left well enough alone. Everyone started to move on and accepted the cancellation. I didn't like the reboot. Acting was bad and the stories didn't do much for me. I watched like 10 episodes and I am sorry i did. I should have kept the original finale in my mind. Now fans will be once again cheated if it doesn't come back and we are left with the mess that was created.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Sep 5 2013, 06:50 PM
ONE LIFE will continue. It HAS NOT been canceled, just put on the shelf. PEOPLE. Give it a rest!
Whether it has or it hasn't, people are free to continue discussing it. We don't know yet what's going to come of it one way or the other so speculation is entirely justified here.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Sep 5 2013, 07:04 PM
Just giving my opinion, people are free to do that I think. lol
Yes, they are free to do that. That was my point. What they're not free to do is backseat moderate.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

jacpre
Sep 5 2013, 11:13 AM
I loved OLTL before they brought it back. In my opinion they should have left well enough alone. Everyone started to move on and accepted the cancellation. I didn't like the reboot. Acting was bad and the stories didn't do much for me. I watched like 10 episodes and I am sorry i did. I should have kept the original finale in my mind. Now fans will be once again cheated if it doesn't come back and we are left with the mess that was created.
I kind of felt the same way about the re-launch of AMC. There were mixed emotions for me about it - knowing they didn't have Susan Lucci, MEK, Alicia Minshew, etc and that David Canary was on only for a limited amount of time made me very hesitant to see it. But all in all, I'm glad I've watched it - the storylines were kind of jumbled a bit & some things simply were not explained, but watching David and Jesse spar, Angie and Opal and Dixie and finally seeing what a slimey freak Billy Clyde is (I didn't watch when he was on previously), and the rest of the cast has been fun. I didn't expect it to pick up precisely where the finale left off, but that's okay with me since it might lead to some storylines further down the road if there is one. At this point, I'm really hoping it & OLTL do continue - if only to show ABC, NBC and CBS that there ARE soap viewers out here and we want more.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Deleted both my posts, Didn't mean to step on anyones toes. Will keep quiet and just watch this site since some people don't like me commenting.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Sep 8 2013, 11:54 AM
Deleted both my posts, Didn't mean to step on anyones toes. Will keep quiet and just watch this site since some people don't like me commenting.
You can stop with the passive aggressive nonsense. I think you know very well the difference between commenting on the topic and commenting on other posters, but if not, feel free to continue this conversation with me via PM. Otherwise, move on.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

jacpre
Sep 5 2013, 11:13 AM
I know how you feel.

I reached episode six or seven and thought to myself, Why am I watching Josh Kelly learn to act on my TV screen?

Realized it couldn't get any worse so I gave it another shot (mostly played it in the background) and what do ya know, things start to pick up. I'm on episode 12 or 13 now and it is starting to get good. Kinda like the One Life I used to know and love.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply