Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Days Better Living Book Tour thread!; Share your pics, videos, stories here!
Topic Started: Aug 26 2013, 07:27 PM (20,543 Views)
Ellie

Following is information about the new Days book and book tour. It has NOT been confirmed which cast members will be in which cities yet.

After over 47 years on the television sets and in the hearts of America, Days of our Lives is thrilled to announce the release of its latest book, Days of our Lives Better Living: Cast Secrets for a Healthier Balanced Life. Written by Greg Meng, Sr. Vice President of Corday Productions, Inc. and Co-Executive Producer of Days of our Lives, Better Living gives fans an exclusive look at how cast members stay healthy, happy and vibrant! Better Living invites readers to join their favorite stars as they share all their secrets to maintaining a well-balanced and fulfilling life.

While touring with best-selling Days of our Lives 45 Years: a Celebration in Photos, Meng noticed a common theme among many of the questions asked of cast members. From, “You never seem to age—how do you stay so young?” to “How do you keep yourself in such great shape with such a busy schedule?” it seemed quite clear that fans were not only interested in the characters they know and love, but were also eager to learn about how cast lived outside the studio. How do they stay keep grounded? How do they stay fit? How do they eat? How do they live? One thing the entire cast had in common was their journey to find balance in their lives. This book shares their secrets on how to reach that balance.

All of the recipes, mental and physical workouts, and routines that Days stars do to maintain a well-balanced and fulfilling lifestyle are things that everyday viewers will be able to relate to, adopt, and include in their own lives.

With over 300 pages of behind-the-scenes, original, and exclusive never-before seen images of the cast, Days of our Lives Better Living reveals the many secrets to how Days actors sustain a healthy mind and body. The book features five essential lifestyle categories including: nutrition, exercise, style, inspiration, and balance.

Each category features select cast members and their unique approach to achieving health and balance in accordance with their own lifestyle. Cast featured in Better Living includes: Alison Sweeney, James Scott, Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Lisa Rinna, Nadia Bjorlin, Galen Gering and many more!

Fans can look forward to discovering fashion, hair, and makeup tips and tricks, including Camila Banus’ beauty basics and Kristian Alfonso’s wardrobe staples. Cast members divulge their secrets to staying physically fit, and share personal recipes they enjoy making at home, such as Lisa Rinna’s gluten-free Brazilian Bombshell Smoothie and Alison Sweeney’s Chicken with Dried Cherries. The Day of our Lives cast share how they each find inspiration through religion, meditation, volunteering, and the arts, and their solutions to meeting the continuous challenge of balancing a demanding work schedule and family time. The book’s scheduled release date is September 24th and will be available in bookstores everywhere and online.

We look forward to sharing with fans our cast’s secrets on how they achieve balance in their lives.

Cities and dates:

New York City—9/23/2013; Book signing at Barnes & Noble on 5th Ave at 12pm

New Jersey—9/23/2013 Book signing at Books and Greetings (Northvale) at 6 pm

Raleigh, NC—9/23/2013; Book signing at The Regulator (Durham) at 7 pm

St. Louis—9/23/2013; Book signing at Barnes & Noble Des Peres at 7pm

Boston—9/25/2013; Book signing at Barnes & Noble Framingham at 7pm

Greenville, SC—9/25/2013; Book signing at Books a Million at 7pm

Minneapolis—9/25/2013; Book signing at Barnes & Noble at Mall of America at 6pm

Nashville—9/27/2013; Book signing at Books a Million at 12pm

Birmingham—9/27/2013; Book signing at Books a Million at 6pm

Chicago—9/27/2013; Book signing at Barnes & Noble at Westfield Old Orchard (Skokie) at 7pm

Chicago—9/28/13; Book signing at Anderson’s Bookshop at Naperville at 2pm

Participating cast members:

Kristian Alfonso, Deidre Hall, Lauren Koslow, James Scott, Greg Vaughan, Galen Gering, Kate Mansi, Camila Banus, Freddie Smith, Bryan Dattilo, Shawn Christian, Ari Zucker, Blake Berris, Bill and Susan Hayes, Melissa Reeves, and Suzanne Rogers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Kristian has tweeted that she'll be in NYC & Boston.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

it seems strange that they're not even doing a signing in LA, unless this is the first set of dates and there will be more added, like they did with the 45th book.

(i'm personally hoping they'll match up a book signing date with Kristian's likely December trip north of the border. lol.)

Ally
Member Avatar
The Royal Princess

Supergirlx2
Aug 26 2013, 07:46 PM
it seems strange that they're not even doing a signing in LA, unless this is the first set of dates and there will be more added, like they did with the 45th book.

(i'm personally hoping they'll match up a book signing date with Kristian's likely December trip north of the border. lol.)
Amen. They best some of them to Toronto!

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm annoyed they never do anything in/near DC....

Carmi

blueskies
Aug 26 2013, 08:02 PM
I'm annoyed they never do anything in/near DC....
Seriously. Don't they want to see the nation's capitol (and let DMV-ers get just one book signing?)

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I really hope DAYS cast comes to Vancouver, Canada as well!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I wish Bryan would be in the ones that come to NY or NJ.... And I see that Sweeney again isn't part of anything Days related even if she is featured in the book. Tell me again why they focus the show around her character? Unbelievable!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Lauren Koslow tweeted she would be in Raleigh, Boston and Nashville for the book tour.

concerned
Member Avatar

“You never seem to age—how do you stay so young?”

Lisa Rinna’s gluten-free Brazilian Bombshell Smoothie

At least I understand now why Billie came back.
Edited by concerned, Aug 26 2013, 08:37 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

I'm definitely going to the Boston one if Alfonso and Koslow will be there!

paul89

i wish they come to montreal canada :)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

@KJAlfonso: Looking forward to @BetterLiving_TV book tour 1st stoo NY then my home town Boston ,then on to Nashville !; )) Hope you can join us ! ; ) @DaysofourLives
https://twitter.com/kjalfonso/status/372177923307880448

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Aug 26 2013, 08:17 PM
I wish Bryan would be in the ones that come to NY or NJ.... And I see that Sweeney again isn't part of anything Days related even if she is featured in the book. Tell me again why they focus the show around her character? Unbelievable!
i'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that Ali isn't on the list of attendees. with multiple actors heading to multiple cities in the same week, it would make sense if that were a dark week, which doesn't explain why Ali couldn't fit in even one city amongst the Biggest Loser stuff she does every week.

Ellie

Supergirlx2
Aug 26 2013, 09:14 PM
LuvingLumi
Aug 26 2013, 08:17 PM
i'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that Ali isn't on the list of attendees. with multiple actors heading to multiple cities in the same week, it would make sense if that were a dark week, which doesn't explain why Ali couldn't fit in even one city amongst the Biggest Loser stuff she does every week.
I don't think it has anything to do with that. She wasn't on the last book tour either. My guess is that it conflicts in terms of her contract with either TBL, her own book, or her 10,000 endorsements.

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2

Well, you see...they heard I was moving close to there, so they decided to start doing book signings where I'm moving from. The feeling is mutual.

tylerbo20

a Vancouver book signing would be epic for Canada fans i loved meeting Drake and Deidre in Van..wish more had come likeLousie Sorel, Melissa Reeves, KRistian Alfonso,Matt Ashford, Lisa Rinna and the Hayes then my life would have been complete

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 26 2013, 09:42 PM
Supergirlx2

Well, you see...they heard I was moving close to there, so they decided to start doing book signings where I'm moving from. The feeling is mutual.
i'm sorry. i hope they add one near you that has an entire panel of people you want to see.

i'm hoping that if they do one in my city, they send Kristian, Greg, & i don't really care who the 3rd is. lol. (and no, Greg will not be able to wear a hat. ;) )

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

to all who have signings coming to cities near them, i hope that at least one actor you love and want to meet will be there.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

KJAlfonso: Dates for @BetterLiving_TV tour will be posted as soon as everything's confirmed ;)Follow @DaysofourLives more info;))
https://twitter.com/kjalfonso/status/372197796838789120

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply