Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday September 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 4 2013, 02:44 AM (7,484 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

mollymay
Sep 4 2013, 06:49 PM
I absolutely loved the show today....but I do have one little question...

Does anybody else think Stefano was handling that call button like he was trying to demonstrate Rafe's "impotency'??
YES! I noticed the same thing. Joe M was having way too much fun with that call button. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I'm liking Bev and Rory as JJ's friends. The three of them have built a nice chemistry. Although, Bev's earrings distracted me a bit today.

It was lovely to see Sami's brood. I wonder if this is the last time we'll see CM's Will with Ali.

CMo is knocking it out of the park as JJ. He adds such pain to JJ's acting out.

I don't blame Kate Mansi for the horror that is the writing for Abby, and it's mind numbing that the lovely character we see in scenes with Chad and flirting with EJ turns into a judgmental harpy and Dannifer cheerleader around her hurting brother.
Edited by Honeybees, Sep 4 2013, 07:39 PM.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Well, it's almost official for me... these writers have almost ruined the character of Abigail by having her constantly prop Dannifer, and today she even goes to his apartment to continue the propping? It's disgusting. Kate Mansi could do so much more, and they stick her with being a Fetch prop. Please.

Thought the Ejami scenes were weak and pathetic. Sami hasn't seen her kids in a few weeks and has been lamenting about how much she misses them, and AS couldn't even conjure up a few real tears to show the audience how much their visit meant? Seriously? Oh, and although I thought Ali's/Sami's dress was pretty, once again it was too tight on her and too short. She is supposed to be going to her trial, not out clubbing.

Maxine, Maxine... stop propping Dannifer. Writers, please give her something else to do... like tend to a sick person, rather than push the Fetch issue 24/7.

Daniel, you sleeze bag, stay the hell away from Jordan.

Loved the Stefano/Rafe scenes. Well played by both of them.

Kate... stop being the combination of a mother hen and a jealous 13 yr old. It's really unbecoming. Loved how Kayla handled her at the pub. Way to go, Kayla!!

jb1183

LanaluvsBroe
Sep 4 2013, 05:19 PM
Ummm just what guilt is Abigail talking about? I haven't seen any guilt from her since the day Jack died. And Jennifer is punishing herself? How? By running around and having quickies with Dr. Douche? Given what's happened in the last years Abigail's speech was complete bullshit and nothing short of laughable. Fuck off Tomlin. :flipoff:
It infuriates me when Jen or Abigail drop a quick mention every few months or so about how hard they've taken Jack's death, because that's sure not what we've seen onscreen. I totally cheered JJ's line that Jennifer's acting like someone died because Daniel dumped her, when Jack DID die. Perfectly delivered by CM.

And I've missed some episodes here and there, but has Jen EVER expressed any remorse or guilt onscreen about what a vile bitch she was to Jack? Because I sure don't remember it.

And Abigail has become as bad as Maggie with her creepy Dannifer obsession.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Only good thing about today's show was seeing Adrienne and Kayla. The rest of it blew major chunks!!!
Edited by Mirage75, Sep 4 2013, 08:41 PM.

Starr

concerned
Sep 4 2013, 04:35 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 4 2013, 12:17 PM
I'm ignoring the Fetch crap and focusing on...
- the awesomeness of Kayla telling off Kate
- the adorableness of the DiMera/Horton brood
- the hilarity of Stefano talking about Rafe's impotence
How do we know rafe is impotent?

I thought the mission was unsuccessful.

What's the world coming to when Stefano can't even take out a man in a coma.

==================================
Exactly. I was wondering, "What kinds of nurses work there?" They seem very lazy. It seems the patient should be able to give permission which visitors are welcome, even if there's a call bell. Stefano (and others) manage to sneak in those hospital rooms a lot.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Posted Image

marie1969

Supergirlx2
Sep 4 2013, 12:22 PM
Is there really any purpose to the "EJami & Kids" scenes (other than people "awww"ing at the kids & being shocked they remembered who Allie is)? they sound like more filler just to give Ali more airtime. :shrug:

tomsawyer
Sep 4 2013, 12:34 PM
I am quite enjoying Stefano making fun of Rafe and his loved ones when Rafe literally can't move to defend himself.

Stephano taunting Rafe was my everything today. I miss Stephano in villain mode. JM rocked the scenes, no surprise there. GG not so much.
gailwinters
Sep 4 2013, 05:02 PM
chinkybig
Sep 4 2013, 05:00 PM
Compared to the golden scenes we got from Nicole, Marlena and Kristen yesterday, today was like watching paint dry on the walls and listening to fingernails on a blackboard at the same time. Next!!!
Different strokes. I found most of today's show much more entertaining than yesterday's.

me too. Seeing the Ejami/Lumi kids was my favorite part of the show today next to bad ass Stephano. As someone who has been craving for some Ejamily for months, it was pretty awesome. More please.

I loved Johnny saying that his daddy can do anything. Johnny worshiping his daddy is exactly the way it should be. Seeing Sami's beautiful family all together supporting her made me realize just how lucky she is in spite of everything she is going through. She is plenty reason to fight to get home.

I am pretty neutral about Dannifer. But damn I am getting sick and tired of Abby constant pimping of Daniel and Dannifer. It is just overkill. Get a life Abby. I know JJ is a disrespectful little brat, but for some reason, I still sympathize with him. I wish Jen would actually deal with JJ's issues head on instead of whining about her love life to everyone in town.

I actually enjoyed State's confrontation, Kate is only bearable when she is fighting with Stephano. LOL at Kate hiding Rafe behind her skirt while she fights his fight for him, just like she used to do for Lucas LOL.

I think Will brought up confessing to shooting Ej to remind us the viewers why he can not tell the truth, not because he is a selfish coward. I actually think him confessing can not make things any worst but they wants us to think that it will give Sami a stronger motive.

I am so ready for the story to move and for the trial to start. I am hoping for some epic confrontation between Ephano. It is long overdue.

Adrienne finding the passbook was such a lame plot point. I wish she would mind her own business. She has 'helped' enough already.

Sweet and Salty

Oops! Timmy's saving the receipts for all his deposits! We know what THAT means!!

Sweet and Salty

Awww Allie kissed her mommy on the cheek! Nice added touch! Made MY heart melt!

Sweet and Salty

I know, Ab's. this is a crisis. Better get busy plotting out a plan to get your mom out of this disastrous situation! :sarcasm:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Sep 4 2013, 12:57 PM
I only care about this Dan/Abby scene if they end up making out and Abby goes back to her Austin chasing ways.
I would be totally for Dr. Dan getting it on with Abby. We could end the suckass Dannifer and Abby's virginity storylines in one fell swoop. Two birds, one fuck.
Edited by tomsawyer, Sep 4 2013, 10:31 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Sep 4 2013, 01:58 PM
Stefano doing what Stefano does best! Taunting the immobile Rafe swinging the nurses call button practically in his face was classic! Loved it. Galen did a great job as Rafe seething with rage in his helpless state while trying to rally and send some verbal jabs back the Phoenix's way. Stefano's confident laugh and last parting insult as he cheerfully left the room was the perfect completion and why he is The King Villain.

Great to see Kayla not put up with Kate's nonsense.

I still see so much chemistry between Kate and Stefano in their heated exchange. They fit even if he is being a total bastard in his language to her. Kate as Rafe's motherly keeper just isn't cutting it so I wish they'd tone down Stefano's 'whore' comments and show the guy actually missing her in his expression.

Oh Daniel just stop with trying to make a connection with Jordan! I know the audience needs to be let in that she holds some secrets, but having Daniel be the one to do it gives me the hebejebes even if she isn't one of his patients.

Oh JJ how are you going to get yourself out of this one? Nice to see some movement with his extra curricular activities being exposed. I have a real fondness for Rory and Bev as side characters. Nice casting.

Also, nice to see all of Sami's children have a moment with her, but as mentioned previously the kids are such filler in that we haven't seen their mother's absence affecting them like we did when Ciara was without Hope. Boy, baby Arianna Grace is adorable! And Will just as adorable with her in his arms. They sure are reaching for conversation when they have Will state again he should step forward with shooting Ej. :yawnz:

Another trapped spin on the Dannifer's relationship status merry-go-round with no signs of ever escaping. Can they not tell how nauseous it's become? Let me off!!!!!!

The scenes with :shrug: Sami seeing the kids didn't seem
like her absence was affecting them too much.Johnny
told Sami he hears she is as guilty as Sin.Oh boy the
deck is really stacked against Sami.Good ol Stefeno
making matters worse.Feeding Rafe lies about Bernadi
in order to sway Rare Opinion about Sami saving his
life.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

haruka pingouin
Sep 4 2013, 03:54 PM
I honestly think today's and yesterday's episodes have been better than lately. Sami with her kids and Will and Ari really made me smile, and I enjoyed Kayla (like always, but it was good to see her out talking to Jen and stuff), and I think that Adrienne finding little Timmy's balance is going to bring some light to the Sami situation, but not in a good way. I really think EJ has messed things up.

I am looking forward to some interesting things with JJ/Bev/Cole (and Rory haha!)

Oh and Stefano and Rafe's scene was better than I thought it was going to be when I saw the preview!
Adrianne thinks she has struck Gold with the info she read.
EJ was all confidant when Abe mentioned a continuance in
Sami case.I am sure it will be discovered that the money was
put into Timothy trust fund after Bernardi death.There is going
to be some real drama jumping off.Lights,Camera,Action!
Edited by Fantastic66, Sep 4 2013, 10:54 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My question about Timmy's bank account is this -- if this is the account that EJ had whatshisface back-date deposits into to retro set up Bernardi, how would Timmy's account book have those receipts in them? You only get a receipt when you make the deposit, so those receipts MUST be legitimate. Right?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 4 2013, 04:34 PM
LovingDays
Sep 4 2013, 12:14 PM
Johnny & Sydney & Ari & Allie :wub:
Seriously .. Allie is still last on the list?
It was nice seeing Allie with the other kids
today.

Romancer66

tomsawyer
Sep 4 2013, 10:30 PM
Panda Panda
Sep 4 2013, 12:57 PM
I only care about this Dan/Abby scene if they end up making out and Abby goes back to her Austin chasing ways.
I would be totally for Dr. Dan getting it on with Abby. We could end the suckass Dannifer and Abby's virginity storylines in one fell swoop. Two birds, one fuck.
Not to mention the drama of Jen-Jen's head exploding when she realizes 1) her hoo-hah isn't as glittery as it used to be; and 2)everyone who warned her about Daniel's sleazy, womanizing ways--including her own brother and son--was dead right. For someone as sanctimonious as Jennifer, that would be almost as humiliating as being cheated on with her own daughter.

concerned
Member Avatar

Starr
Sep 4 2013, 08:41 PM
concerned
Sep 4 2013, 04:35 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 4 2013, 12:17 PM
I'm ignoring the Fetch crap and focusing on...
- the awesomeness of Kayla telling off Kate
- the adorableness of the DiMera/Horton brood
- the hilarity of Stefano talking about Rafe's impotence
How do we know rafe is impotent?

I thought the mission was unsuccessful.

What's the world coming to when Stefano can't even take out a man in a coma.

==================================
Exactly. I was wondering, "What kinds of nurses work there?" They seem very lazy. It seems the patient should be able to give permission which visitors are welcome, even if there's a call bell. Stefano (and others) manage to sneak in those hospital rooms a lot.
Perhaps Maxine should focus on her job a little more.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Matt
Sep 4 2013, 10:54 PM
My question about Timmy's bank account is this -- if this is the account that EJ had whatshisface back-date deposits into to retro set up Bernardi, how would Timmy's account book have those receipts in them? You only get a receipt when you make the deposit, so those receipts MUST be legitimate. Right?
it's possible that he made a deposit since EJ had his goon plant the $100,000 in little Timmy's account. Therefore, the change in total number of funds would be shown on the last slip.

(i didn't actually watch. lol.)

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Sep 4 2013, 06:52 PM
mollymay
Sep 4 2013, 06:49 PM
I absolutely loved the show today....but I do have one little question...

Does anybody else think Stefano was handling that call button like he was trying to demonstrate Rafe's "impotency'??
YES! I noticed the same thing. Joe M was having way too much fun with that call button. :P
:flipoff: Stefeno is the ultimate antagonizer.
I loved the Stefeno/Rafe dynamic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply