Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of September 16th; *updated 9/9*
Topic Started: Sep 4 2013, 09:57 AM (23,532 Views)
gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 16 2013, 07:51 AM
concerned
Sep 16 2013, 02:07 AM
S loves EJ
Sep 16 2013, 01:29 AM
I think Stefano has real evidence that could free Sami so I donīt think he needs to tamper with it, he probably has the razor or maybe Bernadi is still alive.
Yes but why if a known criminal (who has a history of being able to make fake people not just fake evidence) turns up with proof would a court believe that the evidence would be viable proof when its already been proven that the accused has tried to pervert the course of justice by obstructing evidence and planting evidence.

Why doesn't Stefano just have a doppleganger Bernardi turn up in court and say its all Ok people that was just a fake Bernardi that Marge cremated. I am a dirty cop. I was on the take.

If you can make a fake Rafe you can make a fake razor with fake Bernardi DNA on it.

Although I guess all you need is reasonable doubt.

But can't we throw them in jail for proven perjury? ie we don't know Bernardi.

Stefano doesn't just turn up with the evidence. Instead, he creates a way to get it in the hands of the police that makes it look legit. There is an anonymous tip that a nurse at the hospital has it. It turns out she was having an affair with Bernardi and there is the razor, as well as evidence the two were planning to skip town found at her house.
I figured that Stefano would find a way to get the "evidence" out without implicating himself.

I doubt that Bernardi was really having an affair with this nurse. That's just how Stefano will make it look so that the evidence found at her house will seem legit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Sep 16 2013, 08:30 AM
tomsawyer
concerned
S loves EJ
Sep 16 2013, 01:29 AM
I think Stefano has real evidence that could free Sami so I donīt think he needs to tamper with it, he probably has the razor or maybe Bernadi is still alive.
Yes but why if a known criminal (who has a history of being able to make fake people not just fake evidence) turns up with proof would a court believe that the evidence would be viable proof when its already been proven that the accused has tried to pervert the course of justice by obstructing evidence and planting evidence.

Why doesn't Stefano just have a doppleganger Bernardi turn up in court and say its all Ok people that was just a fake Bernardi that Marge cremated. I am a dirty cop. I was on the take.

If you can make a fake Rafe you can make a fake razor with fake Bernardi DNA on it.

Although I guess all you need is reasonable doubt.

But can't we throw them in jail for proven perjury? ie we don't know Bernardi.

Stefano doesn't just turn up with the evidence. Instead, he creates a way to get it in the hands of the police that makes it look legit. There is an anonymous tip that a nurse at the hospital has it. It turns out she was having an affair with Bernardi and there is the razor, as well as evidence the two were planning to skip town found at her house.
I figured that Stefano would find a way to get the "evidence" out without implicating himself.

I doubt that Bernardi was really having an affair with this nurse. That's just how Stefano will make it look so that the evidence found at her house will seem legit.
Yeah, the article didn't say whether anything with the nurse was actually true or just stuff that Stefano planted to make her and Bernardi look guilty. Although somebody had to actually grab the razor from Rafe's room, so maybe she really was the one that did. Regardless, I appreciate that the writers actually bothered to created a semi-realistic way to get the evidence in police hands.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 16 2013, 08:43 AM
gailwinters
tomsawyer
concerned

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Yeah, the article didn't say whether anything with the nurse was actually true or just stuff that Stefano planted to make her and Bernardi look guilty. Although somebody had to actually grab the razor from Rafe's room, so maybe she really was the one that did. Regardless, I appreciate that the writers actually bothered to created a semi-realistic way to get the evidence in police hands.
I think it's too bad that Marge and little Timmy will have to deal with issue that Bernardi was killed because he was a corrupt police officer in the midst of committing a crime while he was cheating on Marge and planning to desert her and Timmy.That's a lot for Marge and Timmy to have to deal with for the rest of their life.I mean it's one thing to become corrupt for the purpose of making what you believe to be a better life for your family because you love them and quite another to be told he committed serious crimes for financial gain for himself and another woman.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Sep 16 2013, 05:05 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 16 2013, 08:43 AM
gailwinters
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I think it's too bad that Marge and little Timmy will have to deal with issue that Bernardi was killed because he was a corrupt police officer in the midst of committing a crime while he was cheating on Marge and planning to desert her and Timmy.That's a lot for Marge and Timmy to have to deal with for the rest of their life.I mean it's one thing to become corrupt for the purpose of making what you believe to be a better life for your family because you love them and quite another to be told he committed serious crimes for financial gain for himself and another woman.
Sucks a lot for Timmy. Not only does he have to deal with all the crap about his dad but poor guy has Marge as his mom.

Will&Sonny

BeeBee
Frankly, since we're probably never going to hear from or see Marge and Timmy again after this storyline ends, I find it hard to care about or feel sorry for either of them. Especially since Marge was insufferable and not the least bit sympathetic, and Timmy was just carted around for a few token appearances before being quickly ushered off-screen to "play with Theo" or whatever.

Personally, I think that it's "too bad" that we had to deal with this storyline at all, but shit happens.

Keith
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 16 2013, 02:46 AM
S loves EJ
Sep 16 2013, 02:40 AM
Can you bring up Stefanoīs past crimes as a way to make look like a less credible witness, when he hasnīt been convicted of any (as far as I know). I know the prosecuter said that Samiīs fianceeīcomes from a criminal family, but I thought it was weirs if she really has the right to say so when EJ has not been convicted of any of his crimes.

As for perjury maybe the writers havenīt thought of it, or maybe itīs comman that the police decides not to press charges if the defended turns out to be innocent.
Good point. I guess Stefano's background is inadmissable.

Who knew the Brady's poor policing skills would one day be beneficial to one of their own.
Except for that one time in the 80s when he disappeared after Marlena shot him, because he had kidnapped the twins. Or that time in the 90s that he blackmailed Mike Horton to get him entrance into Marlena's penthouse and could tell no one he was in Salem, or he'd be arrested. Or that time he only got pardoned from his crimes because he saved Roman's life. Or that time he left Salem after shooting John, which was in addition to his crimes against, I believe, Hope, Greta, possibly Vivian? Actually, there is a known criminal history. Would you look at that.

S loves EJ

I could see that they probably could bring up the the time he got pardoned, but the other crimes is still crimes he hasnīt been convicted for, so I donīt Think people can bring them up even if they know about it.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Sep 16 2013, 05:31 PM
BeeBee
Frankly, since we're probably never going to hear from or see Marge and Timmy again after this storyline ends, I find it hard to care about or feel sorry for either of them. Especially since Marge was insufferable and not the least bit sympathetic, and Timmy was just carted around for a few token appearances before being quickly ushered off-screen to "play with Theo" or whatever.

Personally, I think that it's "too bad" that we had to deal with this storyline at all, but shit happens.
Right?? Right!! Best part of this storyline ending is no more marge-face!

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Sep 17 2013, 01:00 AM
I could see that they probably could bring up the the time he got pardoned, but the other crimes is still crimes he hasnīt been convicted for, so I donīt Think people can bring them up even if they know about it.
They shouldn't have to bring it up. It's supposed to be common knowledge. They were an internationally known crime family at one point. And then at another point it was like no one but the Bradys and Hortons knew they'd ever even told a white lie. It's so hard to keep up with this crap.

S loves EJ

I can see how the Dimeras being known as a criminal family could influence how the jury would look at Stefano as a witness if he was just given a testimony, but if he were to present evidence that could clear Sami I would think they would have to look at it as real evidence if it canīt be proven to be tampered with, especially if the prosecuter canīt use the past against him in order to throw doubts about the evidence being legit. At least it should be enough for resonable doubts they wouldnīt be able to just dissmiss the evidence.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i wonder if Kristen and Brady just aren't on this week...they aren't in the spoilers; and Nicole and Eric might be on just once :-/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply