Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC To Return To Production In October?
Topic Started: Sep 5 2013, 12:48 PM (2,412 Views)
LovingDays

Soap Opera Digest has learned that Prospect Park is targeting October 21 as a start date for the second season of ALL MY CHILDREN, which had its first season finale this past week. Earlier this week, PP chief Jeff Kwatinetz told the L.A. Times that ONE LIFE TO LIVE won't resume production on its second season until the company's ongoing legal dispute with ABC is resolved, but that AMC's writers were hard at work prepping its next season.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

I'm very sad about OLTL but I'm glad for AMC fans if this is true. It will be nice to see one of those soaps continue even if it's the one I don't watch.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I love AMC - I've watched for years, but I know OLTL has a very loyal following as well. I do hope that AMC can continue, but if Prospect Park loses it's battle with ABC, I'm very skeptical it will. My question/concern is, why doesn't Prospect Park even have a website? Why are they set up as an "LLC"? There's something fishy about all of this, IMO.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Well, color me surprised. Of course, the way things change at the drop of a hat with PP...

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Will ABC even be willing to licence them the rights once their current contract is concluded?

Bremol
Member Avatar

Drew
Sep 5 2013, 03:30 PM
Will ABC even be willing to licence them the rights once their current contract is concluded?
That's what I'm wondering. If I were ABC, I wouldn't after all of this nonsense with the lawsuit. That, or I would tell them, drop the lawsuit in exchange for reupping the license - take your pick. I really don't think ABC has anything to worry about as far as PP winning. PP on the other had has everything to lose.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

The lawsuit imho is NOT nonsense. Prospect Park has every right to sue ABC for what they did to ONE LIFE characters.

etfan1

WTFF??? Didn't they say they resumed production in August? Now it's October?

Well, at least one show is coming back >.>

JosieComesHome

I'll feel better once I hear AMC is back in production. I want both AMC and OLTL to succeed, but putting OLTL on hold and postponing AMC's return to the studio don't fill me with confidence. I am hoping upon hope that PP makes AMC a bigger success than it has been, puts money in getting more familiar actors/characters back, and figures out all the things they need to do, and does them quickly. I have a bad feeling that if they put all their eggs in this AMC basket and the clicks on Hulu, etc. are still not as much as they'd hoped for, both shows will be doomed.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I don't watch OLTL, so don't take this personally if you do, but IMO, it might be something to consider for AMC to do 2 versions of the same show - one with an 'Adult/16+' and one with a ...whatever the hell the rating is now. The Adult/16+ version could contain intense dialogue & steamier scenes while the other could be tapered to the conservative audience. I completely understand that some viewers didn't like the language used, but if colorful language and intensely sexual scenes brings in new viewers, both AMC and OLTL could benefit. It might cost them a few bucks to produce/edit/etc, but in the long run it might be a good idea. I dunno - I guess I'm just grasping at straws...recalling when AMC was on the block...then learning it as well as OLTL were both gone....and watching other soaps just completely flop ratings-wise...I don't know if I can go through it again.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I think both will be back. ONE LIFE will after the lawsuit and I predict with Howarth and Easton back, maybe Alderson too. I don't think Howarth is happy at GH. I also predict more returns to ONE LIFE, and AMC too. I also wouldn't be shocked to see a new exec. producer to ONE LIFE and maybe a new head writer again. Hopefully a new opening as well. I wish AMC would bring back their old them with a slightly updated opening.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Sep 24 2013, 08:55 PM
I think both will be back. ONE LIFE will after the lawsuit and I predict with Howarth and Easton back, maybe Alderson too. I don't think Howarth is happy at GH. I also predict more returns to ONE LIFE, and AMC too. I also wouldn't be shocked to see a new exec. producer to ONE LIFE and maybe a new head writer again. Hopefully a new opening as well. I wish AMC would bring back their old them with a slightly updated opening.
You honestly think Kristen Alderson will return to the online version of One Life to Live?

The One Life to Live nobody is sure will even come back at all?

The same Alderson that won an Emmy and never wanted to go back to the online show even before she won that award?

:rolleyes:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Okay, it's October 21st so there's still over a week left. Any word on whether the show is back in production?

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Oct 20 2013, 05:43 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
Sep 24 2013, 08:55 PM
You honestly think Kristen Alderson will return to the online version of One Life to Live?

The One Life to Live nobody is sure will even come back at all?

The same Alderson that won an Emmy and never wanted to go back to the online show even before she won that award?

:rolleyes:
I said maybe not definitely there. I think she might return, but kinda doubt it since her real life boyfriend Chad Duell is her onscreen boyfriend too, even though most people hate Michael & Kiki together. I definitely hate the couple and I think its ruined Michael, who comes off as a pompous asshole a la his biological dad AJ. Wonder when he'll take up AJ's drinking, might as well lol!

~bl~
Member Avatar

The actors know nothing...so it looks like AMC won't be back anytime soon.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Such a sorry state of affairs.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

It is sad. I wish ABC never canceled OLTL or AMC either, then this mess with PP wouldve never happened. Anyone know when the lawsuit is supposed to be heard in court?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Years ....

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

I wish that both parties could lose. PP is either a clueless bunch of hacks or some kind of purposefully shooting itself in the foot kind of tax write off. I don't even have to say anything about ABC.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Oh boy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply