Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soapdom interview with Galen Gering
Topic Started: Sep 6 2013, 03:07 PM (1,551 Views)
Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

http://www.soapdom.com/Exclusives/galen-gering-adjusting-to-change.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Why TF did Soapdom even post this? This is the most non-interview interview I have ever read. Galen didn't even say anything of any consequence. I am actually pissed about the 60 secs I wasted reading this.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Pheonix and Jensen? Jensen sounds right, but I don't remember Pheonix being the name of his other son? :shrug:

I'm glad he enjoys his job though. I prefer ppl who want to stay in Daytime. I realize the lure of primetime/movies, but it's nice to see someone respect the format.

and as far as women fighting over who he ends up with, it's still supposed to be Sheridan. God forbid Days ends, I don't really care who Sami ends up with (though Lucas would be nice...maybe....if I think she deserves him ever again) but they need to bring McKenzie on for GG, shorterm, i don't care. 1 ep is fine. (unless this Jordan thing works...idk though...I think I'd rather see Jordan with Brady, or someone else).
Edited by blueskies, Sep 6 2013, 03:20 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

blueskies
Sep 6 2013, 03:16 PM
Pheonix and Jensen? Jensen sounds right, but I don't remember Pheonix being the name of his other son? :shrug:
According to Wikipedia, Phoenix is his son Dillon's middle name

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Re:He also said that he loves the dynamics of the character. He goes through a lot and you never know where he is going. "I'm just coming out of a coma," he reflects, laughing. "Should be interesting what Rafe is up to next, or who he will land up with."

I liked Kate & Rafe, but their chemistry is fizzling fast. IMO Jordan is the next woman he will be with.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Anyone else remember the tweet he sent up in June about not getting a storyline & wanting a new gig? Given they tape 4 months in advance, that would put his non-storyline in October...around the time his contract is up, I believe. And with ED & others leaving the show, I'm beginning to think Jordan will be with someone else (JUST NOT DANIEL - I want Brady to get his head out of his ass, glue his brain back in and focus on business for a long time with a nice slow-burn romance between him & Jordan...JMO) and Kate will be headed back to the DiMansion. Hmm...speculation of course, but it's a puzzler for sure.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Not much information here and nothing really new.

I am looking forward to the Rafe Jordan story progressing. I think this could be a great match character wise and an interesting story to boot. It's cool that he has to struggle through rehabilitation and it will be fun to see if he can soften her tough edges plus Jordan having a mysterious past to unravel sounds right up Rafe's alley. He needs to get back in detective mode after the rehab and this sounds like the right path. It doesn't hurt they are both incredibly gorgeous and would make a stunning couple together. I say bring it on!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

It was nice to hear that an actor likes working in daytime even tho it isn't going to make you rich. Galen seems pleased with his character and what they have in store for Rafe in the future. Can't wait to see him with Jordan.... let the sparks fly!!

presley23
Member Avatar

blueskies
and as far as women fighting over who he ends up with, it's still supposed to be Sheridan. God forbid Days ends, I don't really care who Sami ends up with (though Lucas would be nice...maybe....if I think she deserves him ever again) but they need to bring McKenzie on for GG, shorterm, i don't care. 1 ep is fine. (unless this Jordan thing works...idk though...I think I'd rather see Jordan with Brady, or someone else).
Yes, yes, yes! I'd actually love to see them bring on McKenzie as Rafe's not-so-dead fiancée Emily.

Having said that, I'm interested in Rafe/Jordan, I think they have potential and I am enjoying the slow pacing for a change. I really like Galen and, while I've struggled with the Rafe character, I'm interested to see where this couple goes. But once they're established and happy, the timing would be perfect for Emily to come back from the dead...

Carly
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Sep 6 2013, 03:42 PM
Anyone else remember the tweet he sent up in June about not getting a storyline & wanting a new gig? Given they tape 4 months in advance, that would put his non-storyline in October...around the time his contract is up, I believe. And with ED & others leaving the show, I'm beginning to think Jordan will be with someone else (JUST NOT DANIEL - I want Brady to get his head out of his ass, glue his brain back in and focus on business for a long time with a nice slow-burn romance between him & Jordan...JMO) and Kate will be headed back to the DiMansion. Hmm...speculation of course, but it's a puzzler for sure.
Given all the actors who are leaving the show, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that some new actors are already filming at DAYS. In recent months, it seems like DAYS has been pretty tight-lipped about casting spoilers. We learned Chrishell Stause was joining DAYS, but for a long time, I think we didn't know exactly who she was playing. And DAYS didn't release any info when Jen Lilley was first hired. (We only learned about her hiring when Greg Vaughan spilled the beans on Twitter.) So, it could be that DAYS has already brought in some new actors to fill the gap after the exits of Kristen, Chad, Gabi, and (possibly) Cameron, and (potentially) Rafe. But DAYS might not announce the castings until closer to the actors' first airdates.

Actually, if Cameron leaves, and if there's no Chad recast, then Abigail is gonna be batting zero in the romance department. So, DAYS could bring in a new actor in his late twenties, and that actor could fit into storylines with Abigail, Jordan, and Theresa.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

I actually liked this interview. I liked his reflection of his time on 'Passions' since I loved him as Luis. :D Even more than I do Rafe. He made a good point that soaps don't have the financial means to do what they did 10 years ago. Sad but true. But he loves his job and daytime, which I like. Thanks for sharing.

mirabella

There weren't any spoilers in this interview but I always enjoy Galen's interviews. I am looking forward to seeing what his character is up to next. Jordan seems like a good fit for Rafe. Hopefully, we will see them growing closer in the months to come and I am hoping they will have more air time when Kristen's storyline comes to an end.

Thanks for posting.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I wish that his characters weren't so wooden because GG really does come across as really likable in real life. Maybe Jordan will light some kind of fire under Rafe and or maybe he and Crishell will play well of of each other. I'll try to be cautiously optimistic about this one.

camera shy

I wonder why he saids it'll be interesting to see who Rafe lands up with? Does that mean Jordan is not a given and it could be someone else?

concerned
Member Avatar

presley23
Sep 7 2013, 12:13 AM
blueskies
Yes, yes, yes! I'd actually love to see them bring on McKenzie as Rafe's not-so-dead fiancée Emily.

Having said that, I'm interested in Rafe/Jordan, I think they have potential and I am enjoying the slow pacing for a change. I really like Galen and, while I've struggled with the Rafe character, I'm interested to see where this couple goes. But once they're established and happy, the timing would be perfect for Emily to come back from the dead...
That would be fantastic.

concerned
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Sep 8 2013, 01:02 AM
I wish that his characters weren't so wooden because GG really does come across as really likable in real life. Maybe Jordan will light some kind of fire under Rafe and or maybe he and Crishell will play well of of each other. I'll try to be cautiously optimistic about this one.
GG comes to life when he's not with EJ or Sami.

His thing with Kate while unexpected started out well.
The brother thing with Gabi works.
He was cute in his scenes with Nicole.
He's been good with the kids and Will.

But I couldn't stand him when he was with Sami, and the combination of Rafe and EJ is toxic.

Now that he's climbed out of the Vortex I am pleasantly suprised by how much i am enjoying Rafe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply