Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday September 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 9 2013, 01:27 AM (7,827 Views)
PALMommy
Member Avatar

Okay, I lasted 15 minutes and then decided to take a nap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ocean

What's going on on writers head.I want sassy, tough snarky nicole back. I can't believe nicole fighting for two idiots brothers who are blind and brainless and i can't believe they screw up bricoles friendship over sick bristen relationship. I hope when the truth comes out brady and eric beg nicole for forgiveness and nicole tell them shove it yourself dummies.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

camera shy
Sep 9 2013, 01:57 PM
One of the few bright spots on today's show was Will recounting to Sonny how things had played out and when he said, "And Rafe wouldn't have slept with Grandma....." too funny. :teehee:
The 'with Grandma' line from Will was amusing til you realize the writers took what should have been a crazy one night stand and are still continuing to tediously push that pair way past their expiration date.

Ocean

I love bricole but not until dumb brady gets his brain back. I could care less about father eric. He was judgmental towards her in so many ways, now he's yelling at nicole. I wish nicole tell him screw you i quite the job at church and never wanted to come back .

LonePirate
Member Avatar

Team WilSon
Sep 9 2013, 12:34 PM
Will is my life partner - my lover!
Who wrote this crap? Gay men in their early 20s do not talk this way. If they were two gay men in their 50s who had been committed to each othet for 20 years and they did not live in a marriage equality state, then this dialogue might seem normal. Will and Sonny are merely boyfriends who have been dating for a year and living together for three months. I like these two characters but this dialogue is ridiculous. If Sonny has to talk this, at least have him put a ring on Will's finger for crying out loud.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Finally have a chance to pop in here - 5 pages after the show had aired in most places. Sounds like there was nothing exciting to talk about.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

cord08
Sep 9 2013, 12:28 PM
Fantasy Ari actually looks a bit like Chandler and Camila.
From the cap I saw, she reminded me of a young Lauren Boles.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Sep 9 2013, 01:36 PM
DAYS is a train wreck right now.
And the ratings are reflecting that - they're slipping & are quite a few points below GH.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

eyebrowns
Sep 9 2013, 11:52 AM
Watching Will be all conflicted is making me really upset. These two played mother and son so well, I'm only going to miss that aspect of Chandler's Will when he's gone. Not so much his weird inappropriate grinning during sad moments and stuff lol

And watching James Scott on TV again after meeting him on Saturday and feeling his big hand on my butt is so surreal.
Exactly *How* big IS his hand? :tounge: :whistling:

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I liked today's show.

Loved the Kristen/Eric scenes, although I will say the flashback doesn't need to be shown every time anymore. Also, this whole storyline and quad of Bristen/Ericole should start to go a little bit faster. It's a little silly to be talking about babies for Kristen, considering she's leaving.

But at the sheer monstrosity of what they have done to Nicole. She truly is a Maggie now. I'm almost inclined to start calling her Naggie.

Yes, we get that you are Brady's friend, and that you care about him, but please, stop. You cannot live another person's life on behalf of them. And there very rarely is a big apology or thank you at the end of things like these. It doesn't matter whether Nicole ends up being right or not, nobody is going to thank her for predicting these men's lives to be in shambles. She is doing herself no favors in getting involved in any way.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 9/9/13-Friday 9/13/13

John Aniston - Victor Kiriakis
Mary Beth Evans - Kayla Johnson
Judi Evans - Adrienne Kiriakis
Wally Kurth - Justin Kiriakis
Terrell Ransom Jr. - Theo Carver
Ralph Waite - Father Matt
Elizabeth Roberts - Marge Bernardi
Michael Benyaer - Dr. Chyka
Laura Kai Chen - Melinda Trask
James Eckhouse - Judge Griffin Sims
Kevin Riggin - Rory
DeeDee Rescher - Lee
Terry James - Stunt Coordinator

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Yoryla
Sep 9 2013, 04:10 PM

But at the sheer monstrosity of what they have done to Nicole. She truly is a Maggie now. I'm almost inclined to start calling her Naggie.

Yes, we get that you are Brady's friend, and that you care about him, but please, stop. You cannot live another person's life on behalf of them. And there very rarely is a big apology or thank you at the end of things like these. It doesn't matter whether Nicole ends up being right or not, nobody is going to thank her for predicting these men's lives to be in shambles. She is doing herself no favors in getting involved in any way.
GAW, I hate to agree with this! :'( :headbang:

Screw Free Sami. FREE ARI ZUCKER!!!

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

LonePirate
Sep 9 2013, 03:30 PM
Team WilSon
Who wrote this crap? Gay men in their early 20s do not talk this way. If they were two gay men in their 50s who had been committed to each othet for 20 years and they did not live in a marriage equality state, then this dialogue might seem normal. Will and Sonny are merely boyfriends who have been dating for a year and living together for three months. I like these two characters but this dialogue is ridiculous. If Sonny has to talk this, at least have him put a ring on Will's finger for crying out loud.
agreed!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

LovingDays
Sep 9 2013, 12:43 PM
ENOUGH with those Flashbacks
Amen! I need eye bleach...STAT!

michr544125

specialcases
Sep 9 2013, 04:27 PM
LonePirate
Sep 9 2013, 03:30 PM
Team WilSon
agreed!
The problem is they want us to believe all of this without actually showing Will and Sonny act like lovers. It sounds very old fashioned to me because we aren't seen any of it actually happen. Don't talk about Will and Sonny and preach about how much of a couple they are when the most we have seen in months is a smack on the lip. That is the most unrealistic aspect of Will and Sonny. They are in their early 20s and are being written like an old married couple.
Edited by michr544125, Sep 9 2013, 04:44 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I happen to work with a few young gay men (as in the age range of Wilson) and sometimes socialize with them. I agree that Days is putting old fashioned terminology in Wilson's mouths. Around me at least, the young men all use traditionally hetero terminology like "boyfriend", "date", "fiance" and "husband" - though none of them are married, it's sometimes "future husband". We're working on marriage equity in PA and one of them said this week "Good, so I don't have to marry my future husband in New York" or some such.

I do appreciate that Wilson verbalize the depth of their commitment, but the writing is outmoded. I actually didn't think it was this way under MarDar, who seemed a little bit more attuned to lingo and culture.

However, Wilson were still my absolute favorite part of today - not much competition - but I did enjoy the future fantasy with little Ari as well as bringing up how often Will has been pulled into his mom's drama.

Wilson remain adorable.
Edited by Honeybees, Sep 9 2013, 05:33 PM.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

LovingDays
Sep 9 2013, 12:42 PM
Does Abby work?
I do not think Abbigail works. She is still in college I believe.

blueskies
Member Avatar

a rather boring eppi all in all, so only a few thoughts.

Brady really cut Nicole. Man, that was HARSH!

Eric told Kristen she'd make a wonderful mom :wub:

Eric didn't fall for Kristen's line of BS :applause:

Chad/Abby/Cameron :blah:

Sami's trial :blah:

I so identify with Will feeling like everything's his fault.
Edited by blueskies, Sep 9 2013, 05:48 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 9 2013, 05:48 PM

I so identify with Will feeling like everything's his fault.
I enjoyed how Sonny talked him down off that without being harsh. FS does evoke that Sonny knows Will very well.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 9 2013, 05:48 PM
Sami's trial :blah:
and to think that this was only day 1. we still have to endure Sami's boring trial until next Friday. :bleep:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply