Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday September 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 9 2013, 01:27 AM (7,916 Views)
michr544125

Honeybees
Sep 9 2013, 05:19 PM
I happen to work with a few young gay men (as in the age range of Wilson) and sometimes socialize with them. I agree that Days is putting old fashioned terminology in Wilson's mouths. Around me at least, the young men all use traditionally hetero terminology like "boyfriend", "date", "fiance" and "husband" - though none of them are married, it's sometimes "future husband". We're working on marriage equity in PA and one of them said this week "Good, so I don't have to marry my future husband in New York" or some such.

I do appreciate that Wilson verbalize the depth of their commitment, but the writing is outmoded. I actually didn't think it was this way under MarDar, who seemed a little bit more attuned to lingo and culture.

However, Wilson were still my absolute favorite part of today - not much competition - but I did enjoy the future fantasy with little Ari as well as bringing up how often Will has been pulled into his mom's drama.

Wilson remain adorable.
Thing is, if Mardar were sill the writers there would be no Will and Sonny together and I doubt Will would even be in a relationship with anybody. The current writers at least say Will and Sonny are in a relationship but the writing sucks for them and everything happens off screen relationship wise. It's like a no win situation. I almost wonder at times if I'd rather there be no Wilson than be given the scraps they give. It's that bad lately :shrug: . I am interested in seeing what happens when a new actor takes over the role. Will it be more of the same crap or will things possibly change. I'm going to say nothing will change since seems this writing is here till the bitter end and I fear the end may not be far off. Unfortunately, the adorable that you are feeling isn't working for me anymore. Wilson are supposed to be in their 20s and not teenagers. Give me some passion for them. There just seems to be no passion. It's like I'm watching teenagers stuck with writing of and old married couple instead of watching a young adult couple with matching writing. It just is not compatible and just off with age appropriate writing and passion level.
Edited by michr544125, Sep 9 2013, 06:44 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

michr544125
Sep 9 2013, 06:20 PM
Honeybees
I happen to work with a few young gay men (as in the age range of Wilson) and sometimes socialize with them. I agree that Days is putting old fashioned terminology in Wilson's mouths. Around me at least, the young men all use traditionally hetero terminology like "boyfriend", "date", "fiance" and "husband" - though none of them are married, it's sometimes "future husband". We're working on marriage equity in PA and one of them said this week "Good, so I don't have to marry my future husband in New York" or some such.

I do appreciate that Wilson verbalize the depth of their commitment, but the writing is outmoded. I actually didn't think it was this way under MarDar, who seemed a little bit more attuned to lingo and culture.

However, Wilson were still my absolute favorite part of today - not much competition - but I did enjoy the future fantasy with little Ari as well as bringing up how often Will has been pulled into his mom's drama.

Wilson remain adorable.
Thing is, if Mardar were sill the writers there would be no Will and Sonny together and I doubt Will would even be in a relationship with anybody. The current writers at least say Will and Sonny are in a relationship but the writing sucks for them and everything happens off screen relationship wise. It's like a no win situation. I almost wonder at times if I'd rather there be no Wilson than be given the scraps they give. It's that bad lately :shrug: . I am interested in seeing what happens when a new actor takes over the role. Will it be more of the same crap or will things possibly change. I'm going to say nothing will change since seems this writing is here till the bitter end and I fear the end may not be far off.
Well, I'm afraid I disagree with you there. I think that even with the flaws in the writing, CM and FS did a lovely job today and I enjoy their onscreen rapport. I'm going to miss it, and I don't plan in wallowing in negativity. CM is going to be gone soon, and so I'm going to enjoy them. I certainly would never in a million years want a loving gay relationship excised from my screen because it wasn't up to snuff or written exactly as I wanted.

SadieEsperanto

Honeybees
Sep 9 2013, 06:38 PM
michr544125
Sep 9 2013, 06:20 PM
Honeybees

Wilson remain adorable.
Thing is, if Mardar were sill the writers there would be no Will and Sonny together and I doubt Will would even be in a relationship with anybody. The current writers at least say Will and Sonny are in a relationship but the writing sucks for them and everything happens off screen relationship wise. It's like a no win situation. I almost wonder at times if I'd rather there be no Wilson than be given the scraps they give. It's that bad lately :shrug: . I am interested in seeing what happens when a new actor takes over the role. Will it be more of the same crap or will things possibly change. I'm going to say nothing will change since seems this writing is here till the bitter end and I fear the end may not be far off.
Well, I'm afraid I disagree with you there. I think that even with the flaws in the writing, CM and FS did a lovely job today and I enjoy their onscreen rapport. I'm going to miss it, and I don't plan in wallowing in negativity. CM is going to be gone soon, and so I'm going to enjoy them. I certainly would never in a million years want a loving gay relationship excised from my screen because it wasn't up to snuff or written exactly as I wanted.
While I agree that the verbage could've been better, it didn't sound as bad when you consider that Sonny was differentiating between types of partner. I think he said "lover" for further clarification, but ick. Boyfriend or significant other would've been fine.

Freddie, Chandler and future Arianna Grace were the only watchable parts of the show for me today.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I enjoyed today's show, pretty much every scene in fact. My favorite moment today was when Justin was giving his opening statement while an enthralled EJ looked on in amazement, much like a kid would be upon seeing Santa Claus or Superman. I bet EJ was thinking "Now this is how a good attorney works a case." Those few seconds where we saw EJ's face in that scene were absolute gold.

The trial scenes, as a whole, were good, all things considered. The pacing was fine and the parade of damaging witnesses for Sami's case was almost amusing, although Sonny held his own, presumably due to seeing his father argue cases in the past (offscreen, of course).

Will's nightmare and future fantasy were both entertaining. I almost can't believe I am saying but I really liked AS in both of those scenes, especially in the prison visiting room fantasy scene. Maybe the show should dress AS down instead of trying to glam her up in upcoming episodes.

It was nice of Chad to wear a suit to court. It's too bad he couldn't have shaved as well.

I loved Brady calling out Nicole on her obsession with Eric. She is definitely very sensitive about that and Brady was justified in pushing that button.

Brady and Cameron were both wearing the same shirt, albeit in different colors. That salmon color looked great on Cameron, perhaps the best he has looked apart from his stint in those gold underpants he wore as a stripper.

Lastly, I am loving Kristen's dilemma with the flash drive. Will she use it to destroy Marlena or will she dispose of it to ensure her future happiness with Brady? That is a nice soapy predicament she has created for herself.

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 9 2013, 12:37 PM
Brady is dumb as a box of rocks, but I agree with him there. I'm sick of listening to Nicole too.
I'm sick of him not listening to Nicole.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Like someone upthread said.. this show is a trainwreck.

Seriously.. how many times do we really need to hear Brady and Nicole have primarily the same conversation? We get it and agree with you, Nicole... Brady is an idiot, but we don't need it repeated day after day. :frustration:

Speaking of Nicole... again today we got to see her try to be Eric's savior, argue with him, and stomp out of his office. The Nicole I know would never be acting like this. If someone finds the real Nicole, please bring her back to Days...this one isn't even a shadow of the real character.

The trial scenes would be so much better with an audience there... you know, Sami's relatives there to support her. At the very least her mother, father, and grandmother should be there. Too bad Days is too cheap to spring for a bigger set to actually make the trial seem somewhat realistic. :shame:

Abby/Cameron/Chad :sleep:

Please, please.. no more FB scenes with Kristen and Eric. Enough already... the first 100 times were enough. :drunk:

The little girl playing Arianna was adorable. She and Will's dream scenes were about the only salvagable things about this episode... oh, and that EJ didn't really have any lines today.

Edited by magicsteacher, Sep 9 2013, 08:30 PM.

Ocean

concerned
Sep 9 2013, 07:44 PM
tomsawyer
Sep 9 2013, 12:37 PM
Brady is dumb as a box of rocks, but I agree with him there. I'm sick of listening to Nicole too.
I'm sick of him not listening to Nicole.
Me too. Brady lost his family and friends because he's stubborn and naive. He has no brain what so ever .nicole trying to get through to him but he won't listen. I hope when the truth comes out he begging nicole and his family forgiveness, specially nicole cares so much about him.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Finally got a chance to watch today's show. Overall, it was a pretty good episode

Kristen has more chemistry with Eric right now than she does with Brady. I loved their scenes. Kristen is almost flirty with him and it's so inappropriate, yet highly entertaining. Kristen has created herself quite a dilemma - revenge or the possibility of a happy future with a family. Of course she will make another bad decision.

Nicole is getting on my last nerve. She is right about Kristen, but I don't blame the brothers for telling her to back off. She's being a big nag. And Brady is right - she is obsessed with Eric.

The trial scenes were so biased against Sami. Great setup for whatever EJ is going to have to do to get Sami off. And may I say, EJ was looking good sitting there at the defense table. Even without hearing the accent, the Brit is still the hottest guy on Days. LOVED Justin's opening argument. It was well written and Wally's delivery was flawless!

Will's nightmare and fantasy were very well done. The future Ari was adorable!

Edited by gailwinters, Sep 9 2013, 08:46 PM.

Sweet and Salty

michr544125
Sep 9 2013, 04:43 PM
specialcases
Sep 9 2013, 04:27 PM
LonePirate
Sep 9 2013, 03:30 PM
Team WilSon
Sep 9 2013, 12:34 PM
Will is my life partner - my lover!
Who wrote this crap? Gay men in their early 20s do not talk this way. If they were two gay men in their 50s who had been committed to each othet for 20 years and they did not live in a marriage equality state, then this dialogue might seem normal. Will and Sonny are merely boyfriends who have been dating for a year and living together for three months. I like these two characters but this dialogue is ridiculous. If Sonny has to talk this, at least have him put a ring on Will's finger for crying out loud.
agreed!
The problem is they want us to believe all of this without actually showing Will and Sonny act like lovers. It sounds very old fashioned to me because we aren't seen any of it actually happen. Don't talk about Will and Sonny and preach about how much of a couple they are when the most we have seen in months is a smack on the lip. That is the most unrealistic aspect of Will and Sonny. They are in their early 20s and are being written like an old married couple.
I disagree. What do they have to show in order to make the audience know they are committed to each other? I admit, calling him his "life partner" was pretty presumptuous, but it's validated most every time they are on that they love each other! A ring this early in the relationship is crazy! I absolutely LOVE how they show their commitment to each other. Sex scenes every time their together, like Brady and Kristen do would lend me to think they think of each other as sex objects, but instead, they are responsible and mature, and in my opinion, their relationship is more solid than the others in the show!

BeeBee
Member Avatar

It's amazing to see how the show can make Sami,the "star" of the show,being on trial for her life,assisted by the true love of her life, having her son,her son's lover,and her lover's brother all testify against her while being defended by the father of her son's lover kind of boring.I agree with posters who said they should have had an open trial with Sami's family/friends including Adrienne,Marge,and police officers instead of Kristin flashbacks and repetitive dialogue/scenes with Brady/Nicole,Eric/Kristin,Nicole/Eric,and Abby/Chad/Cameron. I did like the scene with Sami,Will,Sonny,and Arrianna,it was well acted by all.I thought the actress playing Arianna might make a good Sydney.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

All I got from today's show was Justin. The only bright spot of today's show. Loved his opening statement. Wally was awesome. But there is still not enough of him. And WAY too much of Trask. I'm still bored with this trial.

Freddie/Sonny did good today too.

So over the Kristen/Eric/Brady/Nicole shit!! Free Nicole from that nightmare, please!!!!

Chad/Abby/Cameron- boring!!!

Will not miss CM's inappropriate smirking.

Keith
Member Avatar

See, the life partner thing didn't bother me because Sonny was not addressing his peers. He was making a point in the presence of older adults, so he used more formal language.

Fantastic66
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Sep 9 2013, 08:44 PM
Finally got a chance to watch today's show. Overall, it was a pretty good episode

Kristen has more chemistry with Eric right now than she does with Brady. I loved their scenes. Kristen is almost flirty with him and it's so inappropriate, yet highly entertaining. Kristen has created herself quite a dilemma - revenge or the possibility of a happy future with a family. Of course she will make another bad decision.

Nicole is getting on my last nerve. She is right about Kristen, but I don't blame the brothers for telling her to back off. She's being a big nag. And Brady is right - she is obsessed with Eric.

The trial scenes were so biased against Sami. Great setup for whatever EJ is going to have to do to get Sami off. And may I say, EJ was looking good sitting there at the defense table. Even without hearing the accent, the Brit is still the hottest guy on Days. LOVED Justin's opening argument. It was well written and Wally's delivery was flawless!

Will's nightmare and fantasy were very well done. The future Ari was adorable!

EJ was looking good.EJ was kind of looking like
he just escaped from the nut house.I hope Ej keeps that
look on Kate.All EJ has to
do is be present to win.
Edited by Fantastic66, Sep 9 2013, 10:30 PM.

Ocean

It bothers me how writers make nicole so weak specially she cares about two idiot brothers and trying to save them before they get hurt, what they do yelling at her and treat her like she's worsen than kristen. Give me a break writers give me my scheming fearless vixen nicole back who doesn't take a crap from anyone or treated her like she's nobody and certainly she wouldn't be sleeping with dr tan or be buddy friend with dannifer. The old nicole never afraid of dimera now she looks like scared of fighting with kristen . God what have you done to my nicole? She's beyond intelligent. Let her be a leading lady. She's your gold to save days. Give a a good story because she can deliver.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

Somebody please get Nicole away from those two losers who clearly don't deserve her loyalty, love and friendship. I have never been more disgusted than I was today. Kristen is really going to do a number on them and I really hope she's not dumb enough to forgive and forget how they treated her when she was fighting for them. She deserves so much better than this.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Is it some kind of soap casting requirement that every prosecutor be portrayed as a smug, pompous peacock, played by the worst over-actors in Hollywood?

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Oh Eric, really?... To kristen: Maybe it's god's will that you have children some day.

Some day? SOME DAY?

Um, shouldn't she have done that before she entered her 50s? He sounds like he was talking to a young newlywed. ROFL!!!! :blulaugh:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kristen, Kristen, Kristen, why didn't you just use that magic hypnotizing mirror to rape Eric like you used it to rape John? Then you wouldn't have to deal with that dude that gave you the rape drug. :shame:

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I loved how Will testified that his mother told him to lie, etc, then practically skipped out of the court room.

Will&Sonny

Brady told Nicole, "Don't think that [the fact that Kristen once tried to kill Eric's mother] hasn't slipped my mind." So it has slipped his mind? Double negatives are rough, aren't they, writers/Eric Martsolf?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply