Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday September 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 9 2013, 01:27 AM (7,814 Views)
Will&Sonny

Yoryla
Sep 9 2013, 03:54 PM
eyebrowns
Sep 9 2013, 11:52 AM
Watching Will be all conflicted is making me really upset. These two played mother and son so well, I'm only going to miss that aspect of Chandler's Will when he's gone. Not so much his weird inappropriate grinning during sad moments and stuff lol

And watching James Scott on TV again after meeting him on Saturday and feeling his big hand on my butt is so surreal.
Exactly *How* big IS his hand? :tounge: :whistling:
If the saying is true -- that the size of a man's hands is indicative of how ridiculously over-the-top and horrible he is as an actor -- then James Scott's hands must be enormous!

:angelnot:

:run:
Edited by Will&Sonny, Sep 10 2013, 04:42 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Honeybees
Sep 9 2013, 05:19 PM
Wilson remain adorable.
Will and Sonny remain the best thing about the show, and they are without question the most solid, stable, devoted, functional (as opposed to dysfunctional), committed, believable, genuine couple on the show.

Will&Sonny

They need to pair Melinda with E.J. She's almost as smug and annoying as he is.

Almost.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Sep 10 2013, 05:19 AM.

Will&Sonny

I'm so sick of Eric (more to the point, I'm so sick of Greg Vaughan), and I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to see Pre-Cana counseling sessions again.

Also, I can't understand how anyone could still consider Nicole and Eric to be worth rooting for as a couple at this point, after the practically countless number of times that he has snapped at her, judged her, and generally treated her like shit.

EDIT: Although considering the fact that some people still root for Nicole and E.J. to be together after the horrible way that he has treated her in the past, I suppose that I shouldn't really be surprised.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Sep 10 2013, 05:13 AM.

Will&Sonny

I have to admit, the speed at which the general consensus on this site vacillates between "Days is firing on all cylinders right now!" and "Days sucks and should be put out of its misery!" gives me whiplash.

Will&Sonny

While I get the concerns about the lack of reactionary drama in a closed trial, I think that the writers deserve credit for coming up with a perfectly reasonable -- and even good -- explanation for why they are having a closed trial. Carting a bevy of uniformed officers in each day is the kind of thing that a barracuda-style prosecutor like Melinda would do, and it would negatively influence the jury and prevent Sami from receiving a fair trial. It was the right call to make for the sake of realism, and the fact that it doesn't hurt the show's budget is just an added bonus.

Will&Sonny

Keith
Sep 9 2013, 09:49 PM
See, the life partner thing didn't bother me because Sonny was not addressing his peers. He was making a point in the presence of older adults, so he used more formal language.
Exactly. I do wish that Sonny had referred to Will as his boyfriend like a normal twenty-something would have, but he was addressing older people, and he was trying to act accordingly.

I prefer to think of it as his attempt to avoid offending the fragile sensibilities of any potential homophobes in the courtroom, and in fact, right after he said that line, the camera made a point of panning to Justin, who made a point of subtly turning his eyes toward the off-screen jury. I think that they were trying to imply that Justin was trying to gauge the jury's reactions to see if the statement had upset any of them (it wouldn't be the first time that a jury member had held the sexual orientation of a defendant or someone in the defendant's family against said defendant, I'm sure), and I also think that was Melinda's sole purpose for stressing the point in the first place. She'll take any advantage that she can get.

michr544125

Will and Sonny are the most solid couple on the show. That I am not disagreeing with that. The problem for me is the lack of passion I feel toward their connection together on screen. I love Chandler and Freddie. But together I'm just not feeling passion that I should between a couple. Sure the writing doesn't help. Yesterday, I will admit was one of the better episodes together in a long time. I really enjoyed their last scene together.

This show needs to do something. I actually watched the full episode yesterday. While it wasn't as bad as I thought, stories are not moving. It's still all talking and no action. I keep comparing it to GH but that is because I watch both shows and GH has so many stories that keep on moving and it's not just people standing around and talking. Kristen and Brady's story hasn't move in months. If I would have stopped watching a few months ago and just started watching again, it would be like not missing an episode :lol:.

I agree with many of you, this trial could have been so much more dynamic. Instead it was closed door and again nothing much happening at all. It should have been filled with drama. Instead it's all talk.
Edited by michr544125, Sep 10 2013, 05:47 AM.

S loves EJ

Will&Sonny
Sep 10 2013, 04:42 AM
Yoryla
Sep 9 2013, 03:54 PM
eyebrowns
Sep 9 2013, 11:52 AM
Watching Will be all conflicted is making me really upset. These two played mother and son so well, I'm only going to miss that aspect of Chandler's Will when he's gone. Not so much his weird inappropriate grinning during sad moments and stuff lol

And watching James Scott on TV again after meeting him on Saturday and feeling his big hand on my butt is so surreal.
Exactly *How* big IS his hand? :tounge: :whistling:
If the saying is true -- that the size of a man's hands is indicative of how ridiculously over-the-top and horrible he is as an actor -- then James Scott's hands must be enormous!

:angelnot:

:run:

I havenīt heard that saying, but I think there is a saying going like this;

The size of a manīs hand matches the size of his.... :whistling:

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

This episode, taken up as it was by Sami's trial and Chad/Abigail/Cameron crap, did pretty much nothing for me. The worst bit, though, was Eric's treatment of Nicole. He's been almost scornful of her lately, while telling Kristen, the woman who tried to kill his mother and who RAPED him, what a ~*~fantastic~*~ mother she'd be.

Ugh, fuck that and fuck him right now. Sorry, Padre!

Ocean

Rosebud
Sep 10 2013, 12:11 AM
Oh Eric, really?... To kristen: Maybe it's god's will that you have children some day.

Some day? SOME DAY?

Um, shouldn't she have done that before she entered her 50s? He sounds like he was talking to a young newlywed. ROFL!!!! :blulaugh:
Hey father eric did you ever think as you said kristen could be a good mother someday and when you find out she's pregnant with your child that you didn't know about it? I can't believe he was too friendly with kristen but when nicole wanted to talk to him he yelled at her. He was rude and i never liked him from beginning. He was judgmental and trying to change nicole. He was selfish and angry most of the time towards her. I missed Jensen the old eric brady. This one doesn't work for me. He has no chemistry with ari nd he's boring too. Writers I beg of you please free nicole from church and father eric. Give ari zucker something big instead of wasting her talent. I love nicole and I'm team nicole all the way.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Sep 10 2013, 05:10 AM
I have to admit, the speed at which the general consensus on this site vacillates between "Days is firing on all cylinders right now!" and "Days sucks and should be put out of its misery!" gives me whiplash.
I actually think the show sucks like ALL THE TIME, I just tolerate for the likes of Nick and Nicole and wanting the show to do right by them.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Sep 10 2013, 07:18 AM
Will&Sonny
Sep 10 2013, 05:10 AM
I actually think the show sucks like ALL THE TIME, I just tolerate for the likes of Nick and Nicole and wanting the show to do right by them.
I'm actually quite enjoying the trial, especially Justin getting to shine, and I totally enjoy it whenever the show portrays just how much drama Sami has sucked her son into since basically the day he was born. If the show continues and we get another fine actor playing Will, the show could milk that for years. While I can take issue with the writing and do, I'm also enjoying Eric and Nicole with a side of crazy Kristen as well as JJ's storyline even though I see him as the full on antihero in opposition to the villainous Dan.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Sep 10 2013, 06:48 AM
This episode, taken up as it was by Sami's trial and Chad/Abigail/Cameron crap, did pretty much nothing for me. The worst bit, though, was Eric's treatment of Nicole. He's been almost scornful of her lately, while telling Kristen, the woman who tried to kill his mother and who RAPED him, what a ~*~fantastic~*~ mother she'd be.

The destruction of his mother's marriage and the truth came out about Brady being hurt when he was mugged just a few months ago, and Kristen hasn't even apologized or tried to make it up to anyone but Brady. She would come to the church just to lie to him and needle him about his mother. He shouldn't be telling her she'd make a great mother!

marie1969

JessicaLeigh

Hmmm, I am pretty sure Nicole tried to Kill Eric's mother as well, not to mention kidnapping his niece the second she was born. So Nicole has no room to talk or judge people. Besides both Eric and Brady had a point, Nicole needs to mind her own business and stop obsessing about Eric. This is none of her business. Nicole needs a life and a story.

I get they are trying to redeem Nicole by turning her into a miniature Maggy :shrug: , but it is a mistake IMO. Nicole is an interesting character and should not have to be molded into something she is not to be paired with Eric or anyone else.

They did that with Sami (in order to pair her with saint Rafe) with disastrous results. I could not stand smug holier than thou Sami and I can not stand hypocrite Nicole. Please make it stop.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh

to be fair, Eric doesn't know that "rape" bit yet.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 08:37 AM
JessicaLeigh

Right. And at the moment, Eric is starting to suspect that Nicole, not Kristen, had something to do with the drugging and hotel room incident.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 10 2013, 08:39 AM
blueskies
JessicaLeigh

Right. And at the moment, Eric is starting to suspect that Nicole, not Kristen, had something to do with the drugging and hotel room incident.
Which only makes me dislike him a little more.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Sep 10 2013, 12:11 AM
Oh Eric, really?... To kristen: Maybe it's god's will that you have children some day.

Some day? SOME DAY?

Um, shouldn't she have done that before she entered her 50s? He sounds like he was talking to a young newlywed. ROFL!!!! :blulaugh:
Age never stopped God from giving children to women and Eric knows that. Well, he should since he's a priest.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Sep 10 2013, 08:47 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Sep 10 2013, 08:41 AM
tomsawyer
Sep 10 2013, 08:39 AM
blueskies
JessicaLeigh

Which only makes me dislike him a little more.
Why? I mean, Eric's suspicions make sense. He has no evidence that ties Kristen to the hotel but plenty to Nicole. In fact, there were several things (like nicole's hotel matches) that sparked his memory to the night he was sick. Based on the little information he has, I don't blame the guy.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply