Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday September 10th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Sep 10 2013, 01:29 AM (8,563 Views)
marie1969

blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 05:45 PM
does Kate really not know that Sami shot EJ? And hasn't she shot anyone else between Alan and EJ? Feels like she has...
Kate knows about ej's shooting. But she won't say anything to hurt sami's case because Ej threatened her and her precious Rafe. That is what Ej meant when he told Sami that Kate knows it is in her best interest for help her (Sami).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

marie1969
Sep 10 2013, 08:35 PM
blueskies
does Kate really not know that Sami shot EJ? And hasn't she shot anyone else between Alan and EJ? Feels like she has...
Kate knows about ej's shooting. But she won't say anything to hurt sami's case because Ej threatened her and her precious Rafe. That is what Ej meant when he told Sami that Kate knows it is in her best interest for help her (Sami).
I don't recall any threat EJ made to Kate but I think Kate didn't say anything to hurt Sami's case for the reason she gave which is Sami is the mother of Will and Allie.If Kate is not afraid to threaten Stefano while facing him ,I don't believe she is afraid of anything EJ said or might do to her.

Mirage75
Member Avatar

Justin kicking ass today. Poor guy, just can't catch break with these two idiots- EJ and Sami with these surprises. It's so damn annoying. But I loved Justin's line- "Don't pull a gun on anyone else while I'm gone." Simply priceless LOL

Trask is too tedious for me. I do love the judge. :)

Free Nicole and Victor from the nightmare of this Kristen/Brady and Fetch crap.

Enough with the damn flashbacks.

Brady continues to be an idiot.

Eric continues to bore me.

Dr. D-bag needs to hit the damn road and get the hell out of Salem and take some people with him.

concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 07:48 PM
concerned
Sep 10 2013, 06:32 PM
blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 05:46 PM
concerned
Sep 10 2013, 05:43 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
eh, it's Salem. And Stefano inseminated Susan, although this is certainly weirder.
But that was only via assisted means ???

He didn't actually do the deed with someone who looked like his daughter.
i wasn't suggesting Kristen and EJ sleep together, lol.
they have "chemistry".
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

concerned
Sep 10 2013, 09:50 PM
blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 07:48 PM
concerned
Sep 10 2013, 06:32 PM
blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 05:46 PM

But that was only via assisted means ???

He didn't actually do the deed with someone who looked like his daughter.
i wasn't suggesting Kristen and EJ sleep together, lol.
they have "chemistry".
that is true! well it does seem Kristen likes to keep things in the family so why not! lol

marie1969

BeeBee
Sep 10 2013, 08:53 PM
marie1969
blueskies
I don't recall any threat EJ made to Kate but I think Kate didn't say anything to hurt Sami's case for the reason she gave which is Sami is the mother of Will and Allie.If Kate is not afraid to threaten Stefano while facing him ,I don't believe she is afraid of anything EJ said or might do to her.
Kate does not give 2 shit about Sami. the fact that she is the mother of her grandkids never stopped Kate from hurting Sami before LOL. Kate even said at the hospital that it would do Sami some good to go to prison.

Anyway Ej threatened Kate at the HS a few weeks ago saying that if Sami is found guilty, he is coming after both her and her boytoy.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

marie1969
Sep 10 2013, 10:17 PM
BeeBee
marie1969
blueskies
Kate does not give 2 shit about Sami. the fact that she is the mother of her grandkids never stopped Kate from hurting Sami before LOL. Kate even said at the hospital that it would do Sami some good to go to prison.

Anyway Ej threatened Kate at the HS a few weeks ago saying that if Sami is found guilty, he is coming after both her and her boytoy.
But the circumstances are a bit different now though. Back when she put Sami on death row, there was no fear that Lucas would disown her. Nowadays I'm not so sure she'd take that risk.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

^^^ Plus I think Kate is more ok with Sami when she's with somebody other than Lucas.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

marie1969
BeeBee
marie1969
blueskies

Kate may not care about Sami but she clearly cares about Will and Allie.Since Kate and Stefano don't fear each other as shown by their threats to each other so I think it is extremely unlikely that Kate or Stefano fear anything EJ might do.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

I just had to laugh when Daniel seemed totally un-phased by a woman in her mid fifties inquiring about fertility doctors :blulaugh: :rolleyes:

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Sep 10 2013, 11:05 PM
marie1969
BeeBee
marie1969

But the circumstances are a bit different now though. Back when she put Sami on death row, there was no fear that Lucas would disown her. Nowadays I'm not so sure she'd take that risk.
Kate and Sami have even addressed this. I don't remember if it was before or after that scene with EJ, but Kate made it clear she was on Sami's side. I vividly remember it because I HATE that.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 05:37 PM
For some reason whenever Kristen is concerned about Jen, it feels very, very fake.
Kristen concerned about anyone but herself feels fake.

thepadange

blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 05:29 PM
Kristen bringing up that she can't have kids again makes me think she got a false read on that test.

edit: although if she did, that kid is going to have some serious issues given how much she drinks.
I guess we have to wait till Kristen sees the fertility doctor to know once and for all is she pregnant or not. And as the test was negative (false or not), there could be a WTD s/l there in case she is pregnant. Because now they are teasing the audience with this baby/mother theme. And no spoilers about that for the next week :shrug: Either nothing happens or it's a "secret" they are keeping under wraps.
Edited by thepadange, Sep 11 2013, 01:41 AM.

thepadange

deleted
Edited by thepadange, Sep 11 2013, 01:41 AM.

Bricole love

I'm so glad ejami got back together and I love it when ej do anything to save his beloved Samantha. I love ejami, bricole and state. These three powerful couples bring the best on the show and some couples do too besides dannifer. I want sami to be free and be with ej and live forever. And for bricole I love this couple and i want brady to realize how much nicole cares and love him. I'm hoping writers free sami from jail,free nicole from church or becoming next maggie and free brady from evil kristen and have his brain back and be with his true love nicole walker. I love ED but i don't like her character to be with brady,because bricole belong together. As for state I really missed them together. They were awesome. Writers please free sami and give ari zucker more story and put her front and center. I love her as well as her character nicole and i adore brady black. I love all grey characters like bricole, ejami, state, jack&jennifer,philip&chloe and Wilson and my show dool.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Sep 11 2013, 01:39 AM
blueskies
Sep 10 2013, 05:29 PM
Kristen bringing up that she can't have kids again makes me think she got a false read on that test.

edit: although if she did, that kid is going to have some serious issues given how much she drinks.
I guess we have to wait till Kristen sees the fertility doctor to know once and for all is she pregnant or not. And as the test was negative (false or not), there could be a WTD s/l there in case she is pregnant. Because now they are teasing the audience with this baby/mother theme. And no spoilers about that for the next week :shrug: Either nothing happens or it's a "secret" they are keeping under wraps.
yeah...it could be that they're keeping a lid on it, or you're right, could be nothing happens. idk though, it's a rare day on a soap that they drop all these anvils & knock you upside the head with it and then don't actually do it.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Sep 10 2013, 09:13 PM
Justin kicking ass today. Poor guy, just can't catch break with these two idiots- EJ and Sami with these surprises. It's so damn annoying. But I loved Justin's line- "Don't pull a gun on anyone else while I'm gone." Simply priceless LOL

Trask is too tedious for me. I do love the judge. :)

Free Nicole and Victor from the nightmare of this Kristen/Brady and Fetch crap.

Enough with the damn flashbacks.

Brady continues to be an idiot.

Eric continues to bore me.

Dr. D-bag needs to hit the damn road and get the hell out of Salem and take some people with him.

My sentiments exactly about this whole episode. :applause:

I do like Greg Vaughn, but I am so over his portrayal of a goody two shoes priest. He needs to ditch that collar and move on....please.

Brady... there just are no words. No one can be that stupid time and time again...unless it's his sister, Sami.
Edited by magicsteacher, Sep 11 2013, 08:28 AM.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Grant A. Johnson
Scriptwriter: Carolyn Culliton

Segment 1: Brady tells Eric he's happier than he's been in a long, long time. Eric wonders if he, Brady and Sami will ever be happy at the same time. He's just anxious to hear how the trial is going. Brady comments that it's too bad it's closed to the public. Eric wishes they could all be there. Brady asks about the remark Eric made about the 3 of them being happy at the same time. Are you okay?

Kristen puts the flashdrive back in her purse after Nicole asks her what it is. She didn't know anyone was here. Nicole - I know. You were too busy staring at whatever that was in your hand. Kristen - It's really nothing. Nicole - If it's nothing then why did you shove it back in your bag the second you heard my voice and why are you trying not to look like I just caught you with your hand in the cookie jar.

Dan is with Jordan and Rafe signing some papers. You are now free to leave the hospital. Enjoy your furlough. Rafe wishes he was doing something more fun than testifying at Sami's trial. Jordan wishes he had chosen to testify over closed circuit TV; it would have been much easier on him. She leaves to arrange for the van. Dan thinks Jordan is right. This is going to be hard on you. Rafe - I've seen closed circuit testimony and it's not nearly as effective as being there in person. Sami saved my life; this is the least I can do to help her. Dan is curious to know how far Rafe is willing to go for Sami.

Kate is sworn in. Sami whispers - She wouldn't know the truth if it hit her in her face. EJ - It's in her best interest to be truthful. Sami - Are you kidding me! She'd be thrilled if I were put away for life.

Eric - She's a loving mother of 4, 3 under the age of 10; how would you sleep? Brady - I get it. Take it easy. I just sense something. Cue f/b of rape. Brady can tell something besides Sami is on his mind so stop jerking him about it. You can confide in me. It won't leave this room. You have my word. Eric thanks him. I think the best thing for me to do is letting it go and stop dwelling on it. Brady tells him that doesn't work; he's tried it. The best thing you can do is let it out. Why don't you tell me what's going on. Eric - Maybe I should.

Kristen gets defensive. I don't owe you an explanation about anything. Nicole - Not anything, just whatever you shoved in your purse. Kristen - Haven't we been down this road before when you found me holding a pregnancy test and it kind of blew up in your face when I reminded you I can't have children. And then you ran to Daniel and told him Jennifer was pregnant only she wasn't. Mind your own business. Nicole - Fine, you set me straight about the whole pregnancy thing but you certainly are avoiding the subject right now. And in spite of your best efforts Bambi, you still have that deer in the headlights look so ... Kristen pulls out the flashdrive. It's a flashdrive. My company has a big deal this afternoon and on this flashdrive is information about the negotiations so are you happy. Nicole - I would be if I believed a word of that garbage.

Trask holds up an evidence bag. This is a 9mm pistol. Have you ever seen it before? Kate - Yes I bought that gun. Trask - For what purpose? Kate - To give as a gift. Trask - To whom? Kate - To Sami Brady. Trask enters the gun into evidence. Ms. Roberts, the defence has already stipulated that the gun I showed you is the same gun that killed Det. Bernardi. My question to you is why would you give a lethal weapon as a gift? Kate - I gave it as an engagement gift as sort of a joke. Trask - I don't find it humourous. It was used to kill a man in cold blood. Justin - Objection. Trask rephrases - Can you explain what was supposed to be funny about that gift. Kate - I told Sami it may come in handy as protection someday. Trask - From? Kate - From her fiancÚ, EJ DiMera.

Segment 2: Eric tells Brady he keeps having the same dream over and over. That's another reason why he's not getting a whole lot of sleep. Brady - What kind of dream? Eric - It goes back to when I was sick. Brady - Are you still having symptoms? Eric - That's just it, I'm fine. Brady - Daniel seems to think you were poisoned. Eric - Daniel is convinced that I was poisoned. Brady - No wonder you're having awful dreams. Who the hell would do that to you! Eric - If I knew the answer to that I think I wouldn't be having the dream.

Kristen gets sarcastic. You don't believe me; that hurts me. After working together on those scholarships I thought we had created a bond that would last a lifetime. Nicole - Funny. No matter how hard you try to do the good person thing inevitably, without fail, you are up to no good and you are hiding something. Kristen - Would you shut up ... Fr. Matt walks up and greets them. He talks to Kristen about the school and the scholarship recipients and how her generosity will help those children. Kristen wishes she could help more. Fr. Matt - Maybe you can help Jennifer Horton. You're a friend of hers right? Kristen is. What's wrong with Jennifer.

Dan - I know EJ was here to see you. I'm sure he reminded you of everything you owe Sami. Rafe - You think! Bottom line, I'm here. I get to spend time with my niece and be here for my sister and that's because of Sami. Sami's got a family too. I do not want to see her taken away from those kids. She's innocent. Dan - You can't testify to what happened with Sami and Bernardi, you know that. You were unconscious. Rafe - That's not what EJ wants. Dan - He spelled it all out, did he? Rafe - Obviously Sami's case hinges on proving that Bernardi was on the take so EJ wants me to remember something from when we worked together; something that would prove it. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to stand up there and lie. Dan - I'm sure he took that well. Rafe - He reminded me that you and I had no problem lying when Nicole was pregnant with his baby. Dan - If that baby had lived we might both still be lying. Rafe - As far as I'm concerned there's a big difference in lying to keep a child from EJ's influence than lying under oath. Dan - And that's because of what could happen to you. If you get tripped up on that stand ... Rafe - The jury could turn and convict her right then and there. Dan - Well if you believe Sami's version of what happened ... Rafe - I do. Dan - Then the best thing to do IMO is tell the truth. Rafe - That's what I intend to do and hopefully everyone else does as well then Sami may stand a chance.

Trask - Did you believe that in becoming involved with EJ DiMera Samantha Brady had reason to fear for her life? Kate - As I said before the gun was an attempt at humour. Trask - A loaded weapon is hardly a gag gift. Kate - I have a rather dark sense of humour. Trask - Even so, surely there had to be some basis for the joke. Were you saying that Samantha Brady would have to accustom herself to a world which violence is a way of life? Justin - Objection. Not only is counsel leading the witness but she's attempting to use the reputation of the DiMera family name to smear my client. Judge - Sustained. Find another line of questioning Ms. Trask. Trask - Where were you the night Samantha Brady shot and killed Det. Bernardi? Kate - In the hospital in Gabi Hernandez's room. Trask - You've heard the defendant's version of events, did they even remotely jive with what you saw with your own eyes?

Segment 3: Dan sees Vic get off the elevator near the nurse's station and asks him what he's doing here. Vic - What do you think ... bleeding more money. Dan - At least you're not sick. Vic - Never felt better. When can I see Parker? Dan - Whenever you want, just don't corrupt him. Vic - Maggie told me someone did a real job on Jennifer Horton's son. He got busted. Dan - Yeah that's what I hear. Vic - That's not all that Maggie told me. Dan - So you know about Jennifer and me. I'd rather not talk about it. Vic - You can listen. No woman should have to deal with a troubled son all alone. Dan - Okay. Once I heard I went to the police station. Jennifer was handling things just fine. Vic - Forget the kid. I'd like to see you as happy as Maggie and I are. You deserve it, so does Jennifer and you know me ... I don't say that about everyone.

Fr. Matt - I'm sorry, I thought you knew. Kristen - What happened to Jennifer? Nicole - JJ got arrested for dealing drugs and she didn't call her bff! Kristen - JJ was arrested. When did this happen? Fr. Matt - This morning. JJ was caught in the act. It seems he's been hanging out with a fast crowd. Jennifer knew nothing about it. Kristen - She must be a wreck. I'm going to find her. Thank you so much for telling me Father. She leaves. Nicole - At least Jennifer knows what her son's been up to. It's better then being in the dark. Fr. M - Yes. Nicole tells him she'll see him at the rectory. Fr. M was wondering if they could talk for a minute. Nicole says for him she'll give more than a minute. Fr. M - It's about Eric and what you can do to help.

Eric - I should just stop obsessing about it. It just seems so selfish of me when my sister's whole life is kind of on the line right now. Brady - Your sister Sami would be the first to say get to the bottom of it. Eric - Daniel keeps coming up with dead ends. I'm no help. Nicole didn't see anyone when she found me when I was sick. Brady - Maybe she did see someone. Eric - She would have told me. Brady - Maybe she hasn't put it together yet. It doesn't hurt to ask her again. Eric - You're right. Brady has to go. I'm going to get on this for you. You deserve some answers. I'm going to make sure you find them. Eric - Thanks.

Justin - Objection. Counsel is practically instructing the witness to say my client is lying. Judge - Sustained. You're on thin ice Ms. Trask. She apologises. Trask - When did you enter the room where Det. Bernardi was shot? Kate - After I heard the gun go off Gabi and I ran there. Ms. Trask - Who else came into the room? Kate - EJ DiMera was there. Kayla Brady was there and a nurse; they were attending to Det. Bernardi. Trask - And was the defendant still there? Kate - Yes and Rafe Hernandez. It was his room but he was comatose. He wasn't aware of what was going on. Trask - And when you saw the defendant was she holding the gun that you gave her. Kate - Yes. Trask - And did she say anything. Kate - She said that Det. Bernardi was trying to kill Rafe and that's why she shot him. Trask - Did she say how she knew that? Kate - She said that she saw him holding a knife or at least she thought it was a knife at that point. Trask - Did you see the weapon anywhere? Kate - It was chaos in that room. It was crowded; so crowded within minutes. Trask - That's not what I asked you. Did you see any sign of the weapon Ms. Brady said Det. Bernardi had in his hand when he was shot. Kate - No I saw nothing like that. Trask has no more questions.

Segment 4: Jordan - If you're determined to testify in court it's my job to make sure you get there and back safely. Rafe appreciates that. Jordan - The woman on trial, she's your ex-wife. That can't be easy; testifying against someone you used to be married to. Rafe - I was called by the prosecutor. I don't remember anything that happened that night so there's nothing I can say that will hurt Sami. Jordan - Well that's good I guess. Rafe - I appreciate your concern. Jordan - My concern is how all of this will affect your progress. You have to be 100% committed to the program I have you on or you won't get anywhere. I'll be back when it's time to leave.

When Justin gets up to cross examine Kate Sami asks EJ if there's a chance she could be up to something. EJ - Just leave it to Justin. Justin - What brought you to the hospital on the night of the shooting? Kate - I'd come to visit Rafe. Justin - Did you visit him often? Kate - Yes. Rafe and I are friends. Justin - You made regular visits to a comatose man who had no idea you were there. You must be very good friends. Kate - If that's your way of asking if we were involved, yes we were and before the beating sent him to the hospital we were lovers. Justin - Now is it correct that you were the first one to find Det. Hernandez after the beating. Kate - Yes. Justin - And you called 911 and stayed there until help arrived. Kate - Yes. Justin - It must have been a very frightening time. Kate - Yes it was. Justin - And during that time did you ever wonder who might possibly be responsible for this terrible beating to your lover. Kate - Of course I did. Justin - Did you come to any conclusions? Kate - I was convinced it was ex-husband. Justin - Please state his name for the record. Kate - Stefano DiMera. Justin - And what did you suspect was his motive. Trask - Relevance, Your Honour. Justin - I'm asking for the same leeway given to the Special Prosecutor. I just want to pursue a line of questioning that bolsters the defence's theory of the case. Judge - You opened the door Ms. Trask but please get to the point. You may answer the question Ms. Roberts. Kate - He was a very jealous man. Justin - And was Mr. DiMera in fact responsible for what happened to Det. Hernandez. Kate - No. Justin - Did he even know about your affair with Det. Hernandez? Kate - Not until I confronted him after Rafe was attacked. I made the mistake of telling him myself. Justin - And how much time elapsed between the moment Stefano DiMera learned about your affair and the moment my client used the gun you gave her to shoot Joseph Bernardi in order to keep him killing your lover? Trask - Your honour, that is pure speculation. The jury has heard no evidence which suggests a link ... she stops. Judge - Please state your objection Ms. Trask. Sami whispers - What's going on? EJ - He's got her.

Nicole sits down on a bench with the priest. You said you want to talk about Eric but you sound so serious. Fr. Matt - Sami's in jail on trial for killing a policeman and she could go to jail for the rest of her life. Eric is overwhelmed with worry. Nicole - Believe me, I know. I see what it's doing to him and you know the sad thing is I don't think Sami even cares. Fr. Matt - I've known Sami a long time. She loves her brother. Nicole - I've had a long history with Sami too and I beg to differ with you. The only person Sami has ever cared about is Sami. Fr. Matt - I didn't ask you to talk so we could discuss Sami; it's Eric and what you can do for him. Nicole - I'd do anything for him but what do you mean? Fr. Matt - I don't know if you're aware of this but Eric has other things on his mind besides Sami.

Dan is at home going over Eric's blood analysis reports. Someone knocks. It's Kristen. Have you seen Jen? Dan - She's probably still at the police station. Kristen - I just heard about JJ. May I please come in. Dan waves her in. Kristen - She's not answering her phone or returning calls. Is she okay? Dan - Okay as a woman can be when your teenage son could be charged with a felony. Kristen gasps. Have you seen her? Dan - Yeah I was at the police station but I couldn't stay; I got called into surgery. Kristen - And you're saying JJ might be charged with a felony. Dan - They don't know that for sure but this isn't simple possession; he was actually dealing. Kristen - Is he going to get out on bail? Dan - When I left Jennifer was still trying to sort all that out. Kristen - Well she just must be a wreck. Dan - I probably shouldn't be talking about her with you. I'm sure she's going to call you back as soon as she gets a chance. Parker makes a noise so Dan goes to check on him after putting the blood analysis report on the table.

Segment 5: Dan returns with Parker. Dan introduces Kristen and Parker. Kristen is going to go and try and find Jennifer. Dan is sorry he couldn't help. Kristen - Maybe you can. It's not about JJ or Jennifer actually. It's about me.

Fr. Matt - Eric has a number of personal problems. He feels none of them can be solved. It's very hard for a priest. Nicole - I have to admit I haven't exactly been easy on him so I will try to back off. Fr. Matt - There's something you can do. Nicole - Name it. Fr. Matt - Eric seems obsessed with what happened to him when he got sick. These unanswered questions are eating at him. This is something he may never understand. We have to help him accept that.

Eric pulls out the matchbook from the hotel.

Nicole - I get what you're saying Fr. Matt and you can count on me.

Dan - Is it a medical question? Kristen - I have an issue and I was referred to a Dr. Dunstall and a Dr. Green. I was wondering if you had heard anything about them. Dan - They're fertility specialists. Kristen - I know. I was told a long time ago that I couldn't get pregnant but there's been so many advances ... since I'm about to get married again. Dan - Wow. Kristen - Brady and I talked about adoption but before we start that process I'd like to ... Dan - Be absolutely sure you can't have one of your own. Kristen - Exactly. I know it would take a miracle but clearly miracles happen.

Brady strides into the K mansion living room and sees Vic. Good, you're here. Vic - You haven't greeted me like that in a while. Brady - I owe you an apology. Vic - For what. Brady - Well things have been happening pretty fast in my world and there's some news I should have given you before. Vic - You're engaged. Brady - You heard. Vic - Secrets don't last long in this town. Brady - I don't like the word secret. It kind of means I'm hiding something. I love her. It's as simple as that. That's why I'm doing this. Vic - I can see that so congratulations. Brady - I know I've got a long way to go before people believe I know what I'm doing but you should know as far as this marriage is concerned, I'm kicking it old school as they say. Posting of the Banns, Precana counselling, the whole nine yards. Vic - You can't be serious. Brady - Completely serious. Ask Eric. Vic - You and Kristen are seriously talking a church wedding! He laughs.

Trask - I withdraw my objection. Sami - What does that mean? What happened? EJ - She figured out what he was trying to do. The judge asks Kate if she needs the question restated. Kate - No. It was a few weeks after I told Stefano about Rafe and me Sami saw Det. Bernardi in Rafe's room and shot him. Justin - Thank you. Nothing further. Justin sits down - Can't blame a guy for trying. Sami - Explain to me what that was all about. EJ - Trask was about to suggest that we had not been able to establish a link between Stefano and Bernardi. It would have created an opportunity for us to introduce the money in Timothy Bernardi's account. The judge asks Ms. Trask if she wishes to redirect. Trask - Yes. I have one more question. You presented Samantha Brady with a gun. Is that because you had knowledge of her using one in the past. Kate - Well it's a matter of public record she shot a man named Allan Harris. That was years ago. Trask - What about recently? Kate - No. The only person she shot was Det. Bernardi. Trask - I didn't ask you if she shot anyone. I asked you if she had used a gun; threatened someone? Kate looks uncomfortable. Well ... Trask - Ms. Roberts, you are under oath. Kate - Isn't there some kind of ruling about hearsay. The judge instructs her to answer the question. Kate - I was told by a very unreliable source that she threatened him with a gun. Trask - Does this source have a name? Kate - Nick Fallon.

Segment 6: Nicole returns to the rectory. Listen, I shot my mouth off about you marrying Kristen and Brady and I shouldn't have. I'm sorry. Eric - It's alright. Nicole - No it's not. You have enough going on without me piling on ... I'm sorry. Eric - I know you did it because you care about Brady and me. I understand. Nicole - Thank you. Eric - Do you have a minute. I'd just like to ask you some questions. Please sit. Nicole - Is this about Sami's trial. Did something happen? Eric - Not that I know of. I just have some questions about the night I got sick and you came to my rescue.

Kristen says her talking about having a baby is crazy. Dan points out that miracles do happen. Chloe was told she'd never become pregnant. Kristen - Thanks for being so understanding. Dan tells her those doctors are good. Kristen asks him not to mention it to Brady. She doesn't want to get his hopes up. Parker knocks some stuff off the table. Kristen picks up the medical report. Oh my goodness, is there something wrong with Fr. Eric?

Trask has no more questions. The judge calls for a short break before the next witness is called. Trask tells her assistant to track down Nick Fallon. I want to add him to the witness list. Justin - You pulled a gun on Nick Fallon! Is there no limit to what you'll do? Tell me what happened. Sami - It was nothing. The gun wasn't even loaded. Justin - The jury won't think it was nothing. Did you see the look on their faces. How am I supposed to mount a defence for you when you keep surprising me. EJ - I don't know Justin, why don't you remind the jury that he's a convicted murderer. Justin - I have to make a phone call. Please try not to pull a gun on anyone else before I get back. EJ - It's not that big of a deal. Don't get too upset. Sami - I'm already upset about something else. I'm upset because Justin intimated to me that he was suspicious about where the money in Timothy's account came from. Do you know about that. EJ - The only thing that matters is getting it into testimony and then letting it blow the prosecutor's case apart. Sami - You did that, didn't you? OMG, what if it backfires? He's right. The jury already hates me. They're not nuts about you either. EJ - Calm down okay. It's under control.

When Kate sees Rafe in the hallway she goes up to him but the guard tells are that witnesses aren't allowed to talk to one another. (How come that didn't apply to Sonny and Will?) Rafe tells Kate it's going to be okay.

Sami - How did you do it? Please tell me you're not personally involved. She turns when the door is opened and Jordan wheels in Rafe.

Segment 7: Vic - You're actually going to do this whole Precana nonsense. Brady - It's not nonsense. If you want to get married in the church and we do ... Vic - How long is this going to take? Brady - I don't know. It's up to Eric. Vic - And you and Kristen plan to take his counselling to heart? Brady - Absolutely. He's a priest. He's a trustworthy guy. My feeling is if he can see why Kristen and why want to be together and believe in the love we have for each other, I think the whole town will follow suit sooner or later. I see the look on your face. I know you're not happy about this but I really am and the countdown to the wedding is on. Brady gets a call from the London office. He steps out of the room to take it. Vic snarks - A wedding to a psychopath, now there's something to celebrate. He makes a call. Marlena, Brady has informed me that the countdown is on. A full on church wedding of which your son has agreed to officiate. You know what that means! That means that Father Eric has lost his marbles. I thought Brady had the market cornered on lunacy but apparently there's enough to go around both sides of the family. I have no idea what to do but you and I better get together and figure it out because it has to be now.

Dan take the report. No, Eric is fine; nothing to worry about. Kristen says goodbye to Parker and leaves. Outside Kristen frets. Great! So you're back at it Doctor; still trying to figure out what happened to Eric. Guess what - the answers are right here - she pulls out the flashdrive. Nobody's going to get them unless I want them to.

Eric - I just can't get that night out of my mind. It's undermining the performance of my duties here. Nicole - I already told you everything. Eric - I just thought if you and I went over the details maybe something that slipped your mind or didn't seem important ... Nicole - I told you everything. Unfortunately there's not much more. Eric - You had to ask the desk clerk for my room number. Nicole states there's nothing new. You're just going to have to accept that. She has a meeting she has to get to. Eric thinks the meeting doesn't start for an hour but she leaves. Eric - What's going on with Nicole?

Rafe is about to be sworn in. Rafe struggles to raise his hand. The judge tells him that's good enough. Sami looks upset at seeing how Rafe had to struggle.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

PatNS
Sep 11 2013, 08:51 AM
Rafe - Obviously Sami's case hinges on proving that Bernardi was on the take so EJ wants me to remember something from when we worked together; something that would prove it. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to stand up there and lie. Dan - I'm sure he took that well. Rafe - He reminded me that you and I had no problem lying when Nicole was pregnant with his baby. Dan - If that baby had lived we might both still be lying. Rafe - As far as I'm concerned there's a big difference in lying to keep a child from EJ's influence than lying under oath. Dan - And that's because of what could happen to you. If you get tripped up on that stand ... Rafe - The jury could turn and convict her right then and there. Dan - Well if you believe Sami's version of what happened ... Rafe - I do. Dan - Then the best thing to do IMO is tell the truth. Rafe - That's what I intend to do and hopefully everyone else does as well then Sami may stand a chance.
I have to LOL at how hard the writers are trying (and failing) to not make Rafe look like a hypocrite for being willing to lie for Sami when he was having sex with her, but not being willing to lie for her now.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Sep 11 2013, 11:37 AM
PatNS
Sep 11 2013, 08:51 AM
Rafe - Obviously Sami's case hinges on proving that Bernardi was on the take so EJ wants me to remember something from when we worked together; something that would prove it. I'm not going to do it. I'm not going to stand up there and lie. Dan - I'm sure he took that well. Rafe - He reminded me that you and I had no problem lying when Nicole was pregnant with his baby. Dan - If that baby had lived we might both still be lying. Rafe - As far as I'm concerned there's a big difference in lying to keep a child from EJ's influence than lying under oath. Dan - And that's because of what could happen to you. If you get tripped up on that stand ... Rafe - The jury could turn and convict her right then and there. Dan - Well if you believe Sami's version of what happened ... Rafe - I do. Dan - Then the best thing to do IMO is tell the truth. Rafe - That's what I intend to do and hopefully everyone else does as well then Sami may stand a chance.
I have to LOL at how hard the writers are trying (and failing) to not make Rafe look like a hypocrite for being willing to lie for Sami when he was having sex with her, but not being willing to lie for her now.
This is a really funny sentence, Tom.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply